VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 137
FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,130 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I'll try an encode later

No, I didn't rename the wavi.exe to exactly what is listed, I just assumed by renamed you meant just to keep a backup and keep it from being executed, so just renamed it as wavi.exe.bak. I'll try setting up my install exactly as you listed and go back to the AVS2DVD noinstall as that was working happily

I'll reinstall LAVFilters again, but your right. I hadn't installed ffdshow/LAVfilters after recently reinstalling Win7 back from Win8.1

I found win8.1 very restrictive, but smoother than Win7 once I got rid of the Metro interface, and got sick of having to give 'permission' to everything with software failing for no reason other than Win8.1 denying permissions. Not good for people that like testing and trying out various things. Works great on the daughters laptop ... good idea but not if your using old outdated but perfectly functioning software that has no decent alternatives. Shame really as I was liking it until it the permissions issue which plenty are moaning about not just me and no simple way aroudn it. Evev giving all drives full permissions still caused me headaches so it went until I have no choice or really need it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Thanks, I'll try an encode later

No, I didn't rename the wavi.exe to exactly what is listed, I just assumed by renamed you meant just to keep a backup and keep it from being executed, so just renamed it as wavi.exe.bak. I'll try setting up my install exactly as you listed and go back to the AVS2DVD noinstall as that was working happily

Why do I write detailed install instructions if users try to outsmart me and decide to do it differently??? BTW you are not the first user who did that and then complained that it did not work. Do I really have to write an automatic installer for simple stuff like that?

My new wavi.exe.mod is just a stub which collects the call parameters, modifies them and then calls the original (now renamed) wavi.exe. So you absolutely have to rename the original wavi.exe to the name given in the documentation, otherwise the plugin will do absolutely nothing.

Regarding Win7 and Win8 I decided some time ago that I like WinXP a lot better. I do have Win7 on a laptop, but my main desktop has only XP. Main reason is that I do not like Microsofts attitude that users are generally stupid so they should not really own their computers. Even as an admin they refuse to give you permissions to do things in system folders, they lie to you about the real location of files, the whole UAC and Virtual Store thing is just one big PITA to me. If I wanted to be treated like this I would use Apple computers.

Let me know how your upmix conversion comes out. I have to tell MrC when I think that the plugin is stable so he can host it on the AVStoDVD download site.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Why do I write detailed install instructions if users try to outsmart me and decide to do it differently??? BTW you are not the first user who did that and then complained that it did not work. Do I really have to write an automatic installer for simple stuff like that?
    Welcome to the golden world of post-production support!

Patience my friend!

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 12th Sep 2014 at 07:17.
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    On the subs, it was the overblown size -- as in that snapshot -- which was much more objectionable than the color, and this FAQ item did not address that.
    IDX/SUB format is already in raster (bitmap) format: there's currently no possibility to change their size with the subs software currently used by AVStoDVD. But you can tweak the original IDX file: open it with a text editor and change the following sections:
    # Original frame size
    # Origin, relative to the upper-left corner, can be overloaded by aligment

Probably you need some trials before getting the desired result.

Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Yes, I still want to gain a better understanding of ALL the factors that may lead to that audio speedup, and if the AR is inadvertently changing on me in the course of running a job, I want to be able to better control that also.
    Do you have a sample clip with the audio speedup issue?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Converting 2 channel to 6 channel with the modded wavi.exe does indeed work. tested with PotPlayer which is showing it as 6 channels in the properties where before it was only 2, reading your help file did actually make sense ......

I'm now getting issues with 'some' video sources playing the audio so it sounds like chipmunks. If I load the video file into AVS2DVD and simply click preview without touching anything the problem files sound like chipmunks on speed, but if I play the same video through PotPlayer or any other player really it plays perfectly

But not every video file has this 'problem', so I'm still trying to narrow down what the differences are in the files that causes audio speedup in AVS2DVd preview (and after conversion to DVD still has the same chipmunk audio) and the ones that don't

I've tried uninstalling ffdshow and using LAVFilters, but still the same problem with the same video files that have audio speedups, that other wise play perfectly when NOT played by or converted by AVS2DVD. The codecs graphs are created fine and appear ok as well
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could you upload a sample of one of the problematic source files?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a 75MB 1 minute sample of the worst video. It has it all, flickering video and chipmunk audio

http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/45248711/file.html

Its a blu-ray rip of a 1974 British film called 'That Sinking Feeling'. Ripped using AnyDVD HD and then a straight conversion using MakeMKV with all default settings. I have a blu-ray ROM but until I get around to building the media centre PC thats on my 'to-do' list no blu-ray player

It plays perfectly in any media player, if played through the preview in AVS2DVD its terrible. This is simply loading the original video or sample clip into AVS2DVD and just clicking the video preview button (using the internal viewer) without touching any other settings and the video goes crazy flickering rapidly with chipmunk audio track

I'm using LAVFilters 0.62 and AviSynth+ 2.6.0.5, running Windows 7 Ultimate recently installed from a fresh format about a week ago. Not installed any custom codecs such as the K-Lite-Codec-Pack pack (though I was considering it to see what happens)

ffdshow has been uninstalled and all references removed from the registry

This is the script that the player is using :

Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\Applications\Video\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("Q:\Sample.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\Temp-AVStoDVD", FrameRate=24, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("Q:\Sample.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\Temp-AVStoDVD")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.BlackmanResize(720,480)
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS

Audio = Audio.ConvertToMono
    Audio = Audio.DelayAudio(0.016)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    Lanczos4Resize(720,406).ConvertToRGB()

Project settings are :

** Project Settings **

Project_PathName: Q:\DVD.a2d
    Output_Folder: H:\ConvertXToDVD\---ToBurn
    EditEncoderParams: 0
    DeleteAssets: 1
    DeleteWorking: 1
    FrameServingCheck: 0
    DVD_Label: DVD
    Post_Process: 0
    Output_Size: 4450
    DVD_Size: 0
    Output_Setup: 2
    Video_Standard: 1

** Title 1 **

[General]
    TitleName: Sample
    TimeTrimmed: 77
    InputVideoPathName: Q:\Sample.mkv
    InputAudioPathName1: Q:\Sample.mkv

[MediaInfo]
    MediaInfoVersion: MediaInfoLib - v0.7.69
    Format: Matroska
    AudioTracksCount: 1
    SubsTracksCount:
    Time: 77349
    ChaptersList:
    VideoTime: 77349
    VideoCompression: AVC
    VideoBitRateMode: VBR
    VideoAvgBitRate:
    VideoMinBitRate:
    VideoMaxBitRate: 11249984
    VideoWidth: 1920
    VideoHeight: 1080
    VideoDAR: 1.778
    VideoPAR: 1.000
    VideoFAR: 1.778
    VideoFrameRateMode: CFR
    VideoFPS: 24.000
    VideoFrameCount: 1856
    VideoScanType: Progressive
    VideoScanOrder:
    AudioID(1): 2
    AudioTrackID(1): 1
    AudioTime(1): 77349
    AudioCompression(1): AAC LC
    AudioAvgBitRate(1):
    AudioBitRateMode(1): CBR
    AudioChannels(1): 1
    AudioSampleRate(1): 48000
    AudioResolution(1):
    AudioLanguage(1): en
    AudioDelay(1): 16

[Video]
    VideoAutoSetup: 1
    VideoIsToBeKept: 0
    VideoProfile: HCenc VBR 1-pass
    VideoHCencAQ: 3
    VideoHCencLumgain: 3
    VideoHCencMatrix: AVAMAT6
    VideoHCencProfile: BEST
    VideoHCencBias: 30
    VideoHCencDCPrec: AUTO
    VideoHCencZone:
    VideoResolution: 1
    VideoAspectRatio: 1
    VideoDVSource: 0
    VideoInterlacedEncoding: 0
    VideoFieldOrder: TFF
    VideoCloseAllGOPs: 0
    VideoBitRate: 8500
    VideoMaxBitRate: 9000
    VideoAutoBitRate: 1

[Audio]
    AudioAutoSetup1: 1
    AudioIsToBeKept1: 0
    AudioFormat1: 0
    AudioChannelsMode1: 1.0
    AudioLanguage1: EN - English
    AudioBitRate1: 384
    AudioNormalize1: 0
    AudioDelayAuto1: 1
    AudioFixAC31: 1
    AudioAftenPad1: 0
    AudioAftenDRC1: 5
    AudioAftenBWFilter1: 0

[Subs]

[AVS]
    AVSAutoSetup: 1
    AVSAutoScript:
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\Applications\Video\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.av si")

Video = A2DVideoSource("Q:\Sample.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\Temp-AVStoDVD", FrameRate=24, VFR=false)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    AVSScript:
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\Applications\Video\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.av si")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    AVSCrop: 0
    CropDx: 0
    CropSx: 0
    CropUp: 0
    CropDo: 0
    AVSVerticalResize: 0
    VResize: 100
    AVSDeInterlace: 0
    DeIntThreshold: 10
    AVSTrim: 0
    FrameStart: 0
    FrameEnd: 1856
    AVSTweak: 0
    Hue: 0
    Saturation: 1
    Brightness: 0
    Contrast: 1
    AVSSharpen: 0
    Sharpness: 0
    AVSDelayAudio: 0
    AudioDelay: 0
    AVSAmplifyAudio: 0
    AudioAmplify: 1
    AVSFadeIO: 0
    FadeIOFrames: 0
    AVSColorMatrix: 0
    ColorMatrixSource: 0
    ColorMatrixDest: 0
    AVSMSharpen: 0
    MSharpenThreshold: 10
    MSharpenStrength: 100
    AVSHQDN3D: 0
    HQDN3DStrength: 0
    AVSDeBlock: 0
    DeBlock: 25

[Chapters]
    ChaptersAutoSetup: 1
    ChaptersList:

AVStoDVD Release 2.7.5 - by MrC
    AVStoDVD Job <Q:\DVD.a2d> created on date 14/09/2014 07:43:30

Hope this helps to give some suggestions as to whats happening
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the sample. It plays fine in the AVStoDVD preview on my machine...

I think I know what the problem is. The LAVFilters installer replaces the default AviSynth handler for .avs files with its own handler. And this handler seems to be broken.
    The reg key for this setting is:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type\Extensions\.avs\Source Filter

Starting with LAVFilters 0.62 the installer saves the old entry under the same key. You should change the entry for Source Filter back to the old value {D3588AB0-0781-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}.

If you are uncomfortable doing this manually you can download AviSynth repository by Groucho2004:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/olmgl9apwem7b31/AvisynthRepository.7z

This archive contains a file "AviSynth.reg" which restores the registry to the settings which the AviSynth installer made. Import this reg file by just doubleclicking it.

Good luck
    manolito

//Edit:
    Please do yourself a favour and do not install Codec Packs like K-Lite. They can severely screw up your filters, and they are hard to get rid off.

If you should decide to go back to ffdshow, your sample could cause a different problem. For AAC audio libavcodec is used by default, and this does not work with mono audio. You have to change the setting for AAC to libfaad2 instead.

//Edit 2:
    In your earlier post you were talking about audio speedup, not chipmunk audio. Would you have a sample for this, too?
    Last edited by manolito; 14th Sep 2014 at 08:45.
    Quote Quote  
  9. @steptoe, manolito

I can preview the steptoe's Sample.mkv file without any problem, having installed LAV Filters (0.61).

Could be just a filters conflict issue?

steptoe, can you take a screenshot of the DirectShow Filters Graph of Sample.mkv?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reinstalled the avisynth reg key as suggested by manolito, and the two problem files I had now play as they are supposed to do. The flickering video has gone totally and the audio is now human like not chipmunk

Thanks for the help, I've added that reg key to my LAVFilters installer folder, and the AviSynth Repository folder to the others I have relating to AviSynth in my video software folder as I find things like that may just come in useful at some point (which in this case it certainly did)

Now that the LAVfilters are working as they should, I'll stick to that as apparently ffdshow doesn't support GPU decoding but LAVFilters does (just something else for me to look and have a play with as it might even speed up my AviSynth encodes)

As for k-lite packs I have always avoided them, I did try them a few years ago but after looking at all the things they were trying to install, upgrade or simply overwrite I have avoided them since

The audio speedup issue wasn't posted by me though, just chipmunk audio which has now been cured
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just started playing with this program today and I have a couple questions.

First, I tried a test DVD and selected VTS_01_0.IFO. It wanted to index it, but included VTS_01_0.VOB as well as VTS_01_1, 2, 3,...

I understand some DVDs are authored strangely so it may have been a fluke, but shouldn't AVStoDVD ask which PGC from that titleset to use? At the very least it shouldn't include the "0" which is normally menus.

Second, under Preferences, "Authoring/Burning" tab, the DVD Subs Font can be set. That is a single setting for all formats.
    Does that override the AVS2DVD Profiles you have for SubtitleCreator or vice versa? I ask because the default size is a bit too small and I like 22pt Arial Narrow Bold for NTSC 16x9 and 22pt Arial (non Narrow) Bold for NTSC 4x3.

Should I alter the SubtitleCreator profiles to reflect that, or do I have to set the Preferences->Authoring/Burning setting whenever I switch between aspect ratios?

Finally, kudos for what looks like a great program. I've already been surprised by some really nice features I haven't seen anywhere else: Using muxed subtitles, original chapters, converting UTF8 subtitles to ANSI (instead of just dropping the subs), slowdown for PAL to NTSC conversion... I'm quite sold on this.

Also, a recommendation: I'm not sure how the UTF8 to ANSI conversion is done on subtitles, but it would be nice if you could get it to convert music notes to something besides question marks when it does. # or paragraph symbols are the most common. Although best would be to replace it with <s M/> which is SubtitleCreator's tag to add a note.
    Last edited by doctorm; 14th Sep 2014 at 21:24.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by doctorm View Post
    First, I tried a test DVD and selected VTS_01_0.IFO. It wanted to index it, but included VTS_01_0.VOB as well as VTS_01_1, 2, 3,...

I understand some DVDs are authored strangely so it may have been a fluke, but shouldn't AVStoDVD ask which PGC from that titleset to use? At the very least it shouldn't include the "0" which is normally menus.
    Sorry I can't help you with subtitles since I never use them, but I can give you some tips for converting a DVD...

AVStoDVD has no native support for DVDs as a source. There are two workarounds you can use:

1. Under "Tools/Parse DVD" you can index and demux your source DVD. Then use "Add Title" to load the streams.
    2. Use MakeMKV to rip your DVD to your HDD. Then load the resulting MKV into AVStoDVD.

I prefer MakeMKV because it is much simpler to use.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 14th Sep 2014 at 20:44.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    I can preview the steptoe's Sample.mkv file without any problem, having installed LAV Filters (0.61).

Could be just a filters conflict issue?
    Maybe you are just lucky...

LAV-Filters (I believe starting with 0.61.1) did crash with AVS scripts. Please have a look here:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1674945#post1674945
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1675347#post1675347

The workaround provided by clsid reinstalled the AviSynth handler instead of LAV Splitter. (Groucho's AviSynth.reg does the same)
    Nevcairiel did fix LAV Splitter in later versions, and the crashes disappeared, but I did get the same symptoms as steptoe in the AVStoDVD preview. I have no idea if LAV Splitter is still flaky for AVS input or if the AVStoDVD preview is to blame, but in any case restoring the AviSynth splitter for AVS files takes care of the problem. Groucho's AviSynth.reg file is universal for all versions of AviSynth, it works for all Windows versions from XP to Win8, 32-bit or 64-bit.

If you switch to LAV-Filters in the next version you should consider applying this registry fix as standard.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 14th Sep 2014 at 18:18.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. The parse DVD look like what I was looking for. I'll have to play around with it. Probably having that feed into TsMuxerGUI would be a good way to go.

Btw, edited my post. I realized SubtitleCreator natively uses <s M/> to represent musical notes. A simple search and replace when converting the encoding type would look great.
    Quote Quote  
  15. @doctorm

first of all, welcome there. Thanks for the kind words and for the suggestions.

About subs size, yes, if you want bigger size, you just have to change the Preferences. Keep in mind that it works only for SRT/SSA/ASS to SUP conversion, not for subs already in raster format (IDX/SUB).

About SRT with musical notes, it's new for me. Nice! Could you attach here a SRT sample with notes, so that I can make some tests?

Thanks

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @doctorm

first of all, welcome there. Thanks for the kind words and for the suggestions.

About subs size, yes, if you want bigger size, you just have to change the Preferences. Keep in mind that it works only for SRT/SSA/ASS to SUP conversion, not for subs already in raster format (IDX/SUB).

About SRT with musical notes, it's new for me. Nice! Could you attach here a SRT sample with notes, so that I can make some tests?

Thanks

Bye
    Just so I understand, the Preference overrides the profiles? That's fine, just so I know which has priority.

It's a shame SubtitleCreator development stopped. At one point someone picked it up again on gitshub and fixed the UTF8 issue, but apparently that's gone now. Apparently you found a work around.

Two scripts are attached, one in UTF8 and the equivalent in ANSI. The only problem is that music in subtitles are usually a eighth notes: ♪, but SC only has symbols for quarter notes (♩) (using <s m/> (lower case m) and double eighth notes (♫) (<s M/> (upper case M)). Either one works as a decent substitute, of course you are at the mercy of your font. I think the double eighth is the more common, but I can't swear to that.

You can load the ANSI script right into SubtitleCreator and in the preview window it will show the notes instead of the tags.
    I think the only other UTF8 symbol that is likely to turn up is the Em Dash (double length dash), but I couldn't tell you if I've ever seen anybody use that.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  17. @doctorm

exactly, the original Profiles.xml file from SC is overridden by AVStoDVD. I'm referring to the Profiles.xml file within \AVStoDVD\SubtitleCreator\Data\ folder.

AVStoDVD adopts a UTF to ANSI conversion routine. If you are interested in and you have some simple programming skills, you can find that routine in the 'modStr.bas' module from the AVStoDVD source code package.

Thanks for the SRT samples with notes, I will report back as soon as possible.

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 16th Sep 2014 at 10:12.
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  18. @doctorm

take a look at this alpha.

Just extract and overwrite current AVStoDVD.exe file. Feed the UTF8.srt file and validate.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @doctorm

take a look at this alpha.

Just extract and overwrite current AVStoDVD.exe file. Feed the UTF8.srt file and validate.

Bye
    Warning! SRT subtitles file has 72 error(s)?
    Do you want to fix them in a new SRT file?

Is that AVStoDVD fixing the music notes or would that be something else?

Edit: I ended up with multiple .SRT files in the temp directory for some reason. All of them have the music notes as "♪" (no quotes).
    Last edited by doctorm; 16th Sep 2014 at 12:55.
    Quote Quote  
  20. @doctorm

are you adding the same small UTF8.srt file you have uploaded here?

The fixing routine is supposed to convert the UTF ♪ symbol to <s M/> in ANSI format. Single output file. Now, for the Alpha, I have left the warning as the notes were errors, but in the final release, it will be transparent.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I tried a few other sub files in UTF format and after the warning and offer to fix, the .SRT file put in the temp folder shows lines like:
    ♪ Let it go let it go ♪
    I've also noticed square brackets [] are strangely changed:
    [ Grunts ]
    becomes:
    « Grunts »
    The original brackets should be okay, shouldn't they?

Edit: Also of note, some subtitle sites add lines like below:
    00:00:55,710 --> 00:01:00,373
    Sync and corrections by <font color="#808040">masaca</font>
    - addic7ed.Com -
    This can make SubtitleCreator crash if not stripped. Apparently SC doesn't know how to handle the font flag. I don't think there would be an easy way to strip that though.
    Last edited by doctorm; 18th Sep 2014 at 22:51.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by doctorm View Post
    Yeah, I tried a few other sub files in UTF format and after the warning and offer to fix, the .SRT file put in the temp folder shows lines like:
    ♪ Let it go let it go ♪
    Do you still have that SRT? Could you upload it?

I've also noticed square brackets [] are strangely changed:
    [ Grunts ]
    becomes:
    « Grunts »
    The original brackets should be okay, shouldn't they?
    Texts within both round brackets and square brackets are ignored by SC, that's why AVStoDVD converts them into «»

Edit: Also of note, some subtitle sites add lines like below:
    00:00:55,710 --> 00:01:00,373
    Sync and corrections by <font color="#808040">masaca</font>
    - addic7ed.Com -
    This can make SubtitleCreator crash if not stripped. Apparently SC doesn't know how to handle the font flag. I don't think there would be an easy way to strip that though.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe that it would be difficult to remove the formatting, but not impossible. I will put that in the ToDo list. Just upload a sample with some "uncommon" formatting like that.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Attached is a subtitle file from Addic7ed.com. It's a popular subtitle site, and the formatting is typical of most things you would find there. It has notes and <font> tags.

As far as the brackets go, that's a matter of some preset options by subtitlecreator (Settings/During the Loading of Subtitles): Cleanup Spaces, Remove [hearing impaired text], and Unselect lines with @ and http.

In my normal use installation of SC I keep all three of those unchecked, I assume AVStoDVD uses a CLI, I dunno if those options can be unselected accessing it in that manner.
    Quote Quote  
  24. @doctorm

thanks for the SRT sample, it has some useful examples of <font> formatting and musical notes as well. I will come back very soon with an updated 2.7.6 Alpha release.

About the 'During Loading of Subtitles' settings, unfortunately SC CLI commands are very poor. Anyway I will try to understand if those settings may be setup (and kept) elsewhere.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Did you encounter this warning already?

I made a fix for this issue, you can download it here:
    http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/80541974/file.html

I tested it extensively on my WinXP system (German, uses ANSI code page 1252). Some feedback from users with Win7 or Win8 would be nice, and especially from users in countries which do not use code page 1252.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  26. Hello Mr.C, 3 problems I cannot solve, but first, let me explain what files I have to work with.

I have used Virtualdub (AVI capture mode) to capture VHS tapes using the huffyuv compression (and nothing else). I get my 720x576 videos which have a reasonable quality (quality that I am happy with). But then when I want to create the video DVDs, this is where I get the problems.

I have honestly tried so many different software and settings, it is unreal. I am happy with AVStoDVD as the quality I am getting at the end is basically the same as the 80GB files I am getting from the capturing process.

However:

1) When trying to encode the huge original AVI captured file (that I cannot open in TMPGEnc btw), AVStoDVD always crashes at the authoring stage. I get the "error 70 - permission denied" message, or sometimes I get the message that the audio file has not got the same length (which is impossible as even in AVStoDVD the audio and video files have the same length, but I click on continue anyway - maybe this is related to the next problem). I have tried many things: changing the source filter to all the different possibilities, tried to let AVStoDVD to choose all video settings for me, use the ones I prefer, etc. I always end up having a M2V file, an AC3 file, and the DVD structure (as I've selected the UDF option), with the files, but no sound in them.

2) After compression, the audio is out of sync. Sometimes it appears as if the frame rate is not correct as it gets more and more ouf of sync. When muxing the M2V and the AC3 files together with muxman, the audio of course is fine at the beginning but not at the end of the video (again the original capture file does not have that problem).

How can I solve the problem that forbids me from creating that DVD image AND solve the sound issue?

Thanks for your help!

----------------------------

Here is the sound error message that I am getting:

Warning! Title 1 Audio Track 1 output Audio duration (00:00:02.368) is shorter than expected duration (00:46:53).
    Do you want to continue anyway? Default 'Yes'

But again when I check in AVStoDVD's main page, I see that both the video and the audio have 46:53!

And here is the message I am getting at the authoring process:

Process aborted during DVD AUTHORING operations!

Check following files for more details:

AVStoDVD log file <C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0.log>
    BatchMux log file <C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_BatchMux.log>

For more troubleshooting on Authoring issues, see Help/FAQ/Authoring.

Before exiting, do you want to keep the temporary DVD assets files?

Default 'Yes'

Here is the log file:

<07.10.2014 15:47:47>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: PAL
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 2953/4450 MB (66%)
    DVD Output Setup: ISO UDF Image
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\Matt\Videos
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Video Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS Audio Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    Frame Adjust Strategy: 1
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    NTSC SlowDown: 0
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 16pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: D:\
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: E:\40JahreNurburgring.avi
    Info: Huffman - 65535 kbps - 720x576 - DAR 1.25 - 25 fps (CFR) - 46:53 minutes - 70327 frames
    Audio 1: E:\40JahreNurburgring.avi
    Info: PCM - 1536 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 46:53 minutes (0 ms delay)
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.69]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("E:\40JahreNurburgring.avi", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=25, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("E:\40JahreNurburgring.avi", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.Spline16Resize(720,576,0,16,0,-16)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: FFmpeg CBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 2850.4 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -i "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_40JahreNur burgring_1.avs" -threads 8 -aspect 4:3 -c:v mpeg2video -b:v 8500k -minrate 8500k -maxrate 8500k -bufsize 2000k -dc 10 -y "C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_40JahreNurburgring.m2v "
    <>

<07.10.2014 16:00:39>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Source Filter: A2DSource (DirectShowSource)
    Created File: C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_40JahreNurburgring.m2v (2850.4 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8500 kbps - 720x576 - DAR 1.333 - 25 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 46:53 minutes - 70327 frames
    <>

<07.10.2014 16:00:39>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_40JahreNur burgring_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_40JahreNurburgring_1.a c3"
    <>

<07.10.2014 16:00:42>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Audio Source Filter: A2DSource (DirectShowSource)
    Created File: C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_40JahreNurburgring_1.ac 3 (0 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 2 seconds (0 ms delay)
    <>

<07.10.2014 16:00:56>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_BatchMux.i ni"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_MuxMan.mxp "
    -l "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_MuxMan.log "
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "C:\Users\Matt\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_Palette.tx t"
    -v "C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_40JahreNurburgring.m2v "
    -vidmode 4:3
    -a1 "C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_40JahreNurburgring_1.a c3"
    -a1lang en
    -cellfr "C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_40JahreNurburgring_Cha pters.txt"
    -progfr "C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_40JahreNurburgring_Cha pters.txt"
    -chapfr "C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_40JahreNurburgring_Cha pters.txt"

<>

<07.10.2014 16:01:05>
    Process aborted during DVD AUTHORING operations!

Check following files for more details:

AVStoDVD log file <C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0.log>
    BatchMux log file <C:\Users\Matt\Videos\DVD_0_BatchMux.log>

For more troubleshooting on Authoring issues, see Help/FAQ/Authoring.
    <>

<07.10.2014 16:01:19>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.7.5
    <>

I see that the audio file in the log says it is 2 seconds long, but that is impossible. Check the screen shot of the main page of AVStoDVD. Plus the original captured file works perfect!

Last edited by Xen956; 7th Oct 2014 at 09:07.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Xen956,

obviously I am not MrC, but I think I did find the problem...

The name of your souirce file is
    40JahreNurburgring.avi,

but later in your log the name shows up as
    40JahreNur burgring.avi

Note the space character. So Aften will not find the correct source file and does not encode anything.

To make sure that my assumption is correct, please rename the source file to something simple like "test.avi" and try another encode.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  28. manolito, Xen956

I do not think it is a "space" char issue, very likely caused by a strange copy and paste from the txt file to the VideoHelp forum. There are actually many "space" chars in the bold log report.

I would address the troubleshooting more towards the source audio decoding. Xen956 could you please take a screenshot of 'Codecs'/'Build DirectShow Filters Graph'?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not so sure about audio decoding. The source audio is
    Info: PCM - 1536 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 46:53 minutes (0 ms delay)

No decoding required, DirectShowSource should be able to import it into AviSynth without using any DSS audio decoder.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  30. Thank you for your help!

Renaming the file "aaa.avi" for example did not solve the error 70 problem. Here is a screenshot of the asked screen (different file hence different length but same issue, and same screen given as for the file I posted above, I've double checked):

Thanks!
    Quote Quote