VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 137
FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Hi manolito, actually I'm starting the summer vacation only tomorrow... 2 weeks in the US: New York, Cape Code, Boston, Niagara Falls, Philadelphia. A lot of stuff. You know, nowadays USD is still underperfoming vs EUR, but we do not know how long...
    Damn, I'm jealous! I haven't been to the US since 2009, but in all the 30 years before that I spent at least 1 month (often 2 months) over there. Mostly in California, though...

Thanks for the feedback about the 2.7.5 Alpha, that meanwhile has gone Final, without many announces, just a note on SourceForge and on A2D homepage.

I agree that MotionProtectedFPS is doing a damn good job, at a limited encoding speed impact, mainly if you are using a multicore

For next release I'm planning to drop ffdshow + haali (as bundled sw not as support) and adopt LAV Filters. More formats, one only package, NVidia CUVID support. Audio channels wise, leaving mixer off, I can handle the 5.1 to 2.0 conversion applying always the DownMix routine. Just have to check if the LAV mixer is off (do anybody know LAV reg key?).
    Before proceeding with that change, I would like to have feedbacks from A2D users. What is your preferred choice? ffdshow+haali or LAV Filters? Any issues with LAV Filters or any mandatory reasons to keep ffdshow+haali?

Bye
    Sounds good to me. The LAV reg key is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\LAV.

Meanwhile I have a new hack for AVStoDVD (almost) ready. It moves the normalizing stage away from AviSynth to the Wavi -> Aften routine using SoX. It also supports the new DynamicAudioNormalizer by LordMulder, and as an additional bonus it supports large WAV files > 4GB. But I will bug you about this one when you are back from the US...

I wish you and your family a wonderful time on the other side of the pond,

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 18th Aug 2014 at 19:46.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    for normal AVI - DVD conversion should I check the Adjust Audio Delay box......? , I am having a lot of problems with out of sync audio still......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What do you understand by "normal AVI - DVD conversion?

AVI is just a container, it can contain many different video and audio formats. But only few people would consider storing H.264 video and AAC audio in an AVI container, even though it is perfectly doable.

Usually for video you will find XviD / DivX or analog captures compressed by a DV codec or Huffyuv, Lagarith or MJpeg. And audio will mostly be MP3 or PCM audio.

In an AVI container audio can be stored with an offset. Many players will evaluate this offset and respect it during playback, others won't. I remember an old tool called "AVI Offset Calculator" which was very helpful for analog captures.

But all this is not very helpful for your problems...
    AVStoDVD relies on MediaInfo to determine the audio delay of the source files, but MediaInfo is not always correct. Usually if MediaInfo reports a delay of several hundred milliseconds you can be quite sure that MediaInfo is lying.

To solve your issues you can use the preview feature of AVStoDVD. Click on the "View / Edit Title Settings" button and select the AviSynth tab. Uncheck "Auto AviSynth Script" and click the Preview button in the lower left corner. If the previewis is out of sync, kill the preview and adjust the delay value in the AviSynth script. Repeat until you have found the correct delay.

Another way to find the correct audio delay is to play a finished conversion in MPC-HC. During playback you can adjust the delay with the + and - keys until you get perfect sync. Then redo the conversion using this delay value in the AviSynth script.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks so much for your advice, However when I preview the output, I only get the AUdio track and NO video....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Could be all kinds of things...

What is your operating system, what filter setup are you using? FFDshow / Haali or LAVFilters?

If you use Win7 or Win8 you should run the "Preferred DirectShow Filters" setup and make sure that the Windows Media Foundation filters are disabled.

You should probably create a filter graph of the source file and post a screenshot of the graph. You find this option under "Codecs -> Build DirectShow Filters Graph".

Or what happens if you force FFMpegSource as your video source filter?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD is a 32 bit application and requires 32 bit ffdshow (or other 32 bit directshow codecs) to work properly, as explained in Help/FAQ/General/Q1.2. It is not so complicated, if you read the documentation.
    Hi _MrC_,

I finally replaced the installed 2.7.3 with 2.7.5. Hopefully everything I would need is there, incl. Haali & ffdshow. 2.7.3 had been working pretty well, with quite a few jobs processed. I may have previously done some config. you had suggested on ffdshow settings (?), and may now have to revisit this, to make sure that is still in effect.

My 2nd.-time-around question stems from the prior posts # 1186 - 1187. Just had this happen again, once more with AVC inside of MKV. (That's why I mentioned the ffdshow settings.) However, I apparently cured the audio problem by temporarily changing the AVS audio settings from FFMPEG back to Wavi+Aften, and Channels from 1.0 to 2.0. The rapid-speed issue on dialog and music seem to have gone away, upon the next job processing pass. However, something else unwanted also crept in. The AR may have changed, to a rather squeezed, overly letterboxed one. I'll have to take another look at the original source (*) in order to confirm this. Another bad side effect was that formerly normal-sized, white subs turned purple, and ballooned up in size. (Check out the snapshot image.)

* Let me back this account up a bit. In a previous VH query that was never adequately answered, I had inquired about how to go about splitting a very large source with subs into 2 or more parts, because multiple DVD-9s would be required, in order to retain the best PQ. (My otherwise preferred dividing tool had been the Re-Author mode in DVDSHRINK, but when you try to feed in something larger than around 9 or 10 Gb., this older program just chokes and dies. Ditto for dividing with DVDFab. I'm referring to the DVD-format results here -- obviously not the raw source-file.) In this particular case, where the MKV carries its own subs inside, the solution I found is VideoSplitter, and this works fine. But where there is only a separate .SRT file, this would not be useful, because the subs would have to be divided and totally redone separately, with new and adjusted timecodes, per the divided video files. That's why I can't just suppress the internal EN subs in AVS and use an external .SRT. Anyway, I'd clearly prefer to get back to the look of the original source subs, as they appeared when this was played in VLC.

Enjoy your vacation !

Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2014-08-22-08h58m34s139.png
Views:	187
Size:	349.3 KB
ID:	27009
    Last edited by Seeker47; 22nd Aug 2014 at 12:09. Reason: more details
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Is it possible to add a greyscale filter to avisynth in avstodvd? I tried adding Greyscale() in Avisynth Script Edit but it produces an error message when the conversion starts.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The line you want to add should look like this:

Code:
    Video = Video.Greyscale()

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thank you very much manolito.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone interested in testing a plugin which allows to use SoX or DynamicAudioNormalizer for normalizing audio (instead of the built-in AviSynth normalizing function) ?

The reason I wrote this plugin was that I had some issues with AviSynth normalizing:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...31#post1685231

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...70#post1677270

As an additional bonus the plugin handles huge non-standard temp WAV files > 4GB.

Download:

// Edit: Link removed. New version here: //
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2345215&viewfull=1#post2345215

Note:
    The plugin requires patching of the main AVStoDVD executable. If you are not comfortable with this, please do not use the plugin.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 10th Sep 2014 at 09:39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to have an option for AVStoDVD to use the HC.ini file (if its present in the HCenc folder) instead of the built-in defaults that AVstoDVD uses

So, for example, if the option 'Use HC.ini' is set in the default HCEnc encoder options that will be loaded and overide the built-in option, but only if the HC.ini file is present. That way users that want to alter AVstoDVD default can quite easily without causing an error if they select without being sure what it does

The reason I'm asking is I use the 'lossless' option in HC.ini for custom scripts in the avisynth editor that are damn slow, without the 'lossless' option the script is run twice if using 2-pass HCEnc increasing encoding time by at least double and repeating what was done in the 1st pass

With the 'lossless' option set, HCEnc creates a rather large file from the first pass (upto 4GB quite easily or larger) , but then uses that file again for the 2nd pass which is much much faster as all the work was carried out in the 1st pass so doesn't need repeating. Speeding up processing if you use custom filters for noise reduction or further filtering of bad source videos
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not exactly what you have in mind, but you can edit the HC.ini at runtime. All you have to do is check the option "Edit Encoder Command Parameters at runtime" in the main window.

This way you could copy and paste your own HC.ini commands into the file.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do use that method sometimes, but problem is if your doing a batch job and are away from the computer it uses the defaults that AVstoDVd sets, but can't enable the 'lossless' option without using the HC.ini file. Even if the HC.ini file is in the same folder as HCEnc it still uses the defaults set by AVstoDVD, I've tried convincing it to load the HC.ini but AVstoDVD overrides it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @steptoe

If you are familiar with RegEdit, I found a way to add your custom commands into HC.ini by just hacking a registry entry. In the example I just add the *LOSSLESS command. This is how:

Run RegEdit and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVStoDVD. In the right pane go to "DefaultHCencLumGain". (AQ would also work.) Edit the setting by doubleclicking it and append "*LOSSLESS" (without the quotes) to the value. Now rightclick on the key and select "Edit Binary Data". What you have to do now is insert a line feed / carriage return before the "*LOSSLESS". Enter the hex values "0D 00 0A 00". It should look like this:

This way you can add all kinds of commands to HC.ini. You can then export the modified key to a reg file and import this reg file back into the registry when necessary.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks for the effort, I'll give that a try and see it goes

I'll also look to see what other interesting things are in the reg key. Editing the registry directly has fixed a few things for me in the past when other software just wouldn't manage anything

Disappearing drives was always a good one. Simple to fix via editing the registry, but a bugger to understand why it happend in the past. Win98 was great at that
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    I wish you and your family a wonderful time on the other side of the pond
    Back on the right side of the pond! BTW the New England is wonderful, I definitively loved Cape Cod and Boston. Niagara Falls is beautiful for the nature itself, but what a mess around! A sort of compressed Las Vegas...

Originally Posted by efiste2 View Post
    Thanks so much for your advice, However when I preview the output, I only get the AUdio track and NO video....
    Hi efiste2, have you solved the video issue? Have you tried manolito' suggestions?

Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    I finally replaced the installed 2.7.3 with 2.7.5. Hopefully everything I would need is there, incl. Haali & ffdshow. 2.7.3 had been working pretty well, with quite a few jobs processed. I may have previously done some config. you had suggested on ffdshow settings (?), and may now have to revisit this, to make sure that is still in effect.

My 2nd.-time-around question stems from the prior posts # 1186 - 1187. Just had this happen again, once more with AVC inside of MKV. (That's why I mentioned the ffdshow settings.) However, I apparently cured the audio problem by temporarily changing the AVS audio settings from FFMPEG back to Wavi+Aften, and Channels from 1.0 to 2.0. The rapid-speed issue on dialog and music seem to have gone away, upon the next job processing pass. However, something else unwanted also crept in. The AR may have changed, to a rather squeezed, overly letterboxed one. I'll have to take another look at the original source (*) in order to confirm this. Another bad side effect was that formerly normal-sized, white subs turned purple, and ballooned up in size. (Check out the snapshot image.)

* Let me back this account up a bit. In a previous VH query that was never adequately answered, I had inquired about how to go about splitting a very large source with subs into 2 or more parts, because multiple DVD-9s would be required, in order to retain the best PQ. (My otherwise preferred dividing tool had been the Re-Author mode in DVDSHRINK, but when you try to feed in something larger than around 9 or 10 Gb., this older program just chokes and dies. Ditto for dividing with DVDFab. I'm referring to the DVD-format results here -- obviously not the raw source-file.) In this particular case, where the MKV carries its own subs inside, the solution I found is VideoSplitter, and this works fine. But where there is only a separate .SRT file, this would not be useful, because the subs would have to be divided and totally redone separately, with new and adjusted timecodes, per the divided video files. That's why I can't just suppress the internal EN subs in AVS and use an external .SRT. Anyway, I'd clearly prefer to get back to the look of the original source subs, as they appeared when this was played in VLC.
    Hi Seeker47,

as usual you deliver a "wall of questions" as well as Deep Purple delivers their famous "wall of sounds"...

Let's try to address issues one by one: do you prefer to start with the audio speed up or the video DAR or the subs? About subs, start taking a look at Help/FAQ/Subtitles/Q5.6

Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Is it possible to have an option for AVStoDVD to use the HC.ini file (if its present in the HCenc folder) instead of the built-in defaults that AVstoDVD uses

So, for example, if the option 'Use HC.ini' is set in the default HCEnc encoder options that will be loaded and overide the built-in option, but only if the HC.ini file is present. That way users that want to alter AVstoDVD default can quite easily without causing an error if they select without being sure what it does

The reason I'm asking is I use the 'lossless' option in HC.ini for custom scripts in the avisynth editor that are damn slow, without the 'lossless' option the script is run twice if using 2-pass HCEnc increasing encoding time by at least double and repeating what was done in the 1st pass

With the 'lossless' option set, HCEnc creates a rather large file from the first pass (upto 4GB quite easily or larger) , but then uses that file again for the 2nd pass which is much much faster as all the work was carried out in the 1st pass so doesn't need repeating. Speeding up processing if you use custom filters for noise reduction or further filtering of bad source videos
    Hence the request could be changed to "how about to add the possibility to use the 'lossless' option with HCenc"? Sure, I can add that option to the 'HCenc Advanced Settings' list. Of course starting from next release. Meanwhile you can play with Win Registry as brilliantly explained by manolito.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just tried the *LOSSLESS regedit 'hack', and once I figured it out it was very simple to add it. Doesn't work in HCEnc 1-pass mode, but then it wouldn't really as the lossless file is created in the 1st pass

Set up HCEnc for 2-pass mode, and the 'lossless' option in HCenc window now says 'yes' and its creating a lossless file as I write this while running a very quick encode test

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by steptoe; 7th Sep 2014 at 01:31.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm still trying to get stereo to 5.1 UPMIX working, I have the CLI script to do it and all the required tools and settings (sox doing all the hard work) but need to work out how to put that into the AviSynth script editor to get the audio file to where I want it and work on it, then import back into the avisynth script so it 'thinks' its the original audio file and carries on as if nothing different. Except the original 2-channel audio is now 5.1 channel audio

If anybody can help, then I'll try it again :

This is the basic script, there are other parts to it but they are pretty much the same as this code just using different values for SOX to get different audio to 'try' to match the source. IE drama, mainly talking, etc, etc

##
    # TITLE:
    # Audio with a mix of sounds (ie. Action, Adventure)(http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=787216#post787216)
    ##

#input to wav
    mplayer -ao pcm input.mp3 -ao pcm:file="dump.wav"

This is the section that does all the hard work, obviously I need to convert the audio from AVStoDVD to a WAV file using ffmpeg to convert it instead of mplayer to reduce the amount of needed software and as ffmpeg is also already used within AVStoDVD

ffmpeg -i video.mkv -acodec pcm_s16le -ac 2 dump.wav

So, I need to pass the source video file to ffmpeg to get it to convert it to WAV for SOX to process it and also I need to keep everything in a temp folder to keep everything organized and away from everything else. I'd prefer its own audio-temp folder

#resample to 48kHz and lower volume to avaid clipping
    sox -S -V -c 2 dump.wav -r 48k stereoInput.wav gain -h

#front = stereo.soxfilter("filter 20-20000")
    sox -S -V -c 2 stereoInput.wav front.wav sinc 20-20000
    sox -S -V -c 2 front.wav -c 1 frontL.wav mixer -l
    sox -S -V -c 2 front.wav -c 1 frontR.wav mixer -r

#fl = mixaudio(front.GetLeftChannel(),front.GetRightChan nel(),0.668,-0.668)
    sox -S -V -c 2 front.wav front_left.wav remix -m 1v0.668,2v-0.668

#fr = mixaudio(front.GetRightChannel(),front.GetLeftChan nel(),0.668,-0.668)
    sox -S -V -c 2 front.wav front_right.wav remix -m 2v0.668,1v-0.668

#rear = stereo.soxfilter("filter 100-7000")
    sox -S -V -c 2 stereoInput.wav rear.wav sinc 100-7000

#sl = mixaudio(rear.GetLeftChannel(),rear.GetRightChanne l(),0.473,-0.473)
    #sl = DelayAudio(sl,0.02)
    sox -S -V -c 2 rear.wav rear_left.wav remix -m 1v0.473,2v-0.473 delay 0.02

#sr = mixaudio(rear.GetRightChannel(),rear.GetLeftChanne l(),0.473,-0.473)
    #sr = DelayAudio(sr,0.02)
    sox -S -V -c 2 rear.wav rear_right.wav remix -m 1v0.473,2v-0.473 delay 0.02

#cc = mixaudio(mixaudio(front.GetLeftChannel(),fl,1,-1),mixaudio(front.GetRightChannel(),fr,1,-1),0.398,0.398)
    # = mixaudio(cc_l, cc_r, 0.398,0.398)
    #cc_l(1) = mixaudio(front.GetLeftChannel(),fl,1,-1)
    #cc_r(1) = mixaudio(front.GetRightChannel(),fr,1,-1)
    sox -S -V -M frontL.wav front_left.wav centerL.wav remix -m 1v0.398,2v-0.398
    sox -S -V -M frontR.wav front_right.wav centerR.wav remix -m 1v0.398,2v-0.398
    sox -S -V -m centerL.wav centerR.wav center.wav

#lfe = ConvertToMono(stereo).SoxFilter("lowpass 120","vol -0.447")
    sox -S -V -v -0.447 stereoInput.wav -c 1 lfe.wav lowpass 120 remix -

#merge channels
    sox -S -V -M front_left.wav front_right.wav rear_left.wav rear_right.wav center.wav lfe.wav multichannel.wav

#normalize + making sure it's 16bit
    sox -S -V -G multichannel.wav -b 16 normalize.wav

#convert
    neroAacEnc -if normalize.wav -br 384k -ignorelength -of "action.mp4"

Then pass the source video file to neroaacenc to add the now simulated 5.1 channel sound back into the original video file

Reading the script a few times, it would be better to process the audio before AVStoDVD then processes it as normal. Which would mean this script goes right at the top in the AviSynth editor before AVStoDVD tries to do anything so AVStoDVD 'sees' the original source and processes it with the now 5.1 channel audio

All the software used is freeware, so there shouldn't be any licensing issues and all run happily from anywhere so could also be added to the portable version of AVStoDVD

http://sox.sourceforge.net/
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Nero-AAC-Codec

Reading the ffmpeg commandline, it appears ffmpeg also supports adding an audio file to the original video file, so all that is actually needing is SOX

I just have to get my head around the various ffmpeg audio options. But an interesting option is adding the 'simulated' 5.1 audio as an additional audio track so its possible to have the original stereo and a 5.1 sound track instead of simply replacing the original audio so the end user can choose between the 2-channel original or the new 5.1 channel audio

Obviously an additional audio track will reduce the final bitrate (especially if its an epsiode DVD being created), and thinking about it will confuse AVStoDVD as the original source only had one audio track but now has two, so that needs a bit more thought to tell AVstoDVD it now has two audio tracks and process it as such, unless I stick to the original much simpler idea of replacing the original audio track with the simulated 5.1 audio

7.1 audio is the next step, but only once I get 5.1 upmix working with some help
    Last edited by steptoe; 7th Sep 2014 at 02:29.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Suggestion

I'm working on The Prisoner DVD box set taken from remastered blu-ray sources that are much higher quality that the original DVD box set, but wanted to add background audio to the main menu, basically just the theme tune from The Prisoner

Is it possible to update the already very easy to use menu editor to also have the capability to add background audio to static DVD menus

IE : If the menu is just a simple background image with the episode titles overlayed onto the background image, also have the option to add background audio from an external audio file

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Suggestion
    Is it possible to update the already very easy to use menu editor to also have the capability to add background audio to static DVD menus
    Sorry I don't understand your question. The menu editor does allow to add background audio for static menus already, what is your problem?

And for your stereo to 5.1 upmix request, I don't think it will ever be integrated into AVStoDVD natively. Why don't you process the audio using your elaborate script to extract and process the audio before even firing up AVStoDVD? Transform your script to a batch file which takes the source file as a parameter and delivers the upmixed file to a specified folder. Then run AVStoDVD and load the source video. Rightclick on the source and remove the original 2-ch audio, then add the upmixed audio as an external audio file.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks I found the add audio selector, don't know how I missed the option in the first place as its not hidden ......

But how to 'ungrey' the add audio. I've tried creating a video menu and a static menu but still the option to load an audio files is 'greyed out' so won't let me select any audio files

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You first have to activate "Enable Background Audio" under the "Template" tab:

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, something else I missed
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @steptoe

Even if I do not have a surround audio setup at home I still found your SoX script for upmixing stereo to 6-ch quite interesting. After pondering with several approaches I decided to integrate it into my "Alternative Normalizing" plugin, simply because it already has everything to integrate SoX into AVStoDVD.

Everything is working well already, I only had to modify the script a little bit to avoid clipping on the rear channels. It will take another day to write the documentation and streamline some things. Could you tell me where you got the script from so I can credit the original author?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try this link, there appears to be a lot of people that have their own takes on how to upmix 2 to 5.1 or even 7.1, mainly using batch scripts and behappy or besweet but I wanted it as a standalone without having to encode by hand, you've done all the hard work

I found the script by accident while trawling all the information on upmixing, and a French PDF file that got me hunting for a decent way to do it without using any other external software or batch scripts

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1385573#post1385573

With the main thread here :

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152034

This is also the link to the French PDF with the algorithms and formu;a, and explains in some detail what is happening and why he does things and how SOX can do it for you, my French is quite poor but I got the idea of what he was suggesting which is what started me looking for easier methods

http://www.pfast.fr/IMG/pdf/UPMIXCicmHd3d.pdf

This is the thread that got it all started for me, its an old thread now but did get plenty of people interested and some spent quite some effort trying to improve and create there own versions

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=57179

Different methods to 'try' and create better 5.1 outputs, mainly using different formula for the channels via SOX, but also to convinve AviSynth to use the scripts but again via BeHappy. I didn't want to use external software so I have to encode the audio by hand if I could avoid it but have it all done automatically

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=60331
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=134017
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=761154#post761154

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=60331

All quite confusinga t times, thats why I settled on the SOX script mentioned here :

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1385573#post1385573

Its all in there, using nothing but SOX to do all the actual work. Avoiding the use of any other 3rd party software. Apart from extracting the audio and adding it back to the original source file

Many, many thanks for all your effort

Just come across this, while doing some more digging, it uses ffmpeg, sox and multimux to create a simple 2.1 audio track from a 2 channel audio. Creating a very simple surround sound, but no where near as complex as creating 5.1 audio from 2 channels

http://mandrivausers.org/index.php?/topic/38464-converting-2-channel-divx-avi-file-to-...ost__p__289812
    Last edited by steptoe; 9th Sep 2014 at 19:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi steptoe,

thanks for the information, I think I will credit Selur and the folks at doom9 for the script...

I am done testing the plugin, I will update the documentation and publish it tonite.

If you are interested, a few technical details:
    I first thought that I might use the SoxFilter plugin for AviSynth, but it uses an older version of SoX, and from what I read it also has stability issues. The second thought was that I would use the script as a standalone application which runs before AVStoDVD. The problem with this approach is that demuxing the audio from the source file cannot be easily automated. Every source container needs a different treatment, and you have to take care of a possible audio delay.

I ended up integrating the script into my "Alternative Normalizing" plugin. This plugin intercepts the Wavi -> Aften process of AVStoDVD and makes it possible to insert your own audio processing in between Wavi and Aften. It has its rough edges (requires to patch the AVStoDVD executable), but generally it integrates quite well into AVStoDVD.

The upmix procedure does require that the user changes a few settings in AVStoDVD before starting the encode. Since the video bitrate calculation is based on the audio input properties, it is necessary to change the audio bitrate manually to 448 or 384 kbps. You also have to edit the source title properties and change the audio channel number from 2 to 6. Otherwise AVStoDVD will get a hickup after the audio conversion because the resulting number of channels is different from the requested number of channels. And this also means that you have to disable the audio mixer in ffdshow (or disable the automatic ffdshow adjustment of AVStoDVD) because otherwise the stereo source would be upmixed by ffdshow before importing it into AviSynth. (Or you just specify FFMpegSource as the audio source filter.)

But these settings can be made quite easily, and the rest is fully automatic. The Upmix temp WAVs are stored in a subfolder of the AVStoDVD temp folder, and you can specify if you want to keep this folder or have it removed automatically after the conversion.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Re: Alternative Audio Normalization

I just finished a new version of the plugin...

Changes:

Added Upmixing stereo to 6-ch pseudo surround
    Fixed a stupid bug
    Cosmetics

Download here:

http://www76.zippyshare.com/v/13534542/file.html

Cheers
    manolito

// Edit: Cosmetics, Release Candidate, please redownload //
    Last edited by manolito; 16th Sep 2014 at 09:45.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM

Hi Seeker47,

as usual you deliver a "wall of questions" as well as Deep Purple delivers their famous "wall of sounds"...

Let's try to address issues one by one: do you prefer to start with the audio speed up or the video DAR or the subs? About subs, start taking a look at Help/FAQ/Subtitles/Q5.6

Hi _MrC_

(I thought it was the record producer Phil Spector who originated the "wall of sound".)

On the subs, it was the overblown size -- as in that snapshot -- which was much more objectionable than the color, and this FAQ item did not address that.

Yes, I still want to gain a better understanding of ALL the factors that may lead to that audio speedup, and if the AR is inadvertently changing on me in the course of running a job, I want to be able to better control that also.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tried the updated wavi mod with the 6-channel upmixer on a 2 channel source, but fails with an error of 0-byte audio file. Audio source set as 384 and AC3, using wavi+aften as recommended and unchecked the ffmpeg >4GB option

I've edited the audio to 6 channel as suggested in your docs, AVS2DVD 'sees' it as a 6-channel 5.1 audio source, set the audio encoders as suggested in the included documentation PDF but fails as a zero-byte audio and quits

Using the wavi mod as suggested, using the patched AVStoDVD main exe

My firewall is a bit keen on blocking unknown sources trying to run external software as extra safety measures (emsisoft security suite which I've used for 3 years now and have in the past happily changed to another if I get software issues or as has happened in the past being unable to convince the security software to let me do what I want not what it thinks I want), so I've set all the AVS2DVD temp folders as whitelist sources to be ignored so AVS2DVD runs quite happily now when calling the batch files where previously it thought it was something a bit dodgy, AVS2DVD ran perfectly before using your patched files

I also use DVD-RB Pro and had to do the same with that to stop the firewall flagging up external software trying to run errors and waiting for me to approve it

Ahhhh, I 'may' have found the issue looking at the codecs, its greyed out on the ffmpeg sources because I'm using the portable (non-installed) version of AVS2DVD so I 'think' its trying to call ffmpeg for audio decoding but can't find it as its not installed as a codecs but AVS2DVD somehow gets around this in the portable (non-installed) version

I'll try installing ffdshow and installing AVS2DVD instead of using the non-installed version of AVS2DVD and get back to you sometime tomorrow once I have a bit more time to look into it
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ahhhh, I 'may' have found the issue looking at the codecs, its greyed out on the ffmpeg sources because I'm using the portable (non-installed) version of AVS2DVD so I 'think' its trying to call ffmpeg for audio decoding but can't find it as its not installed as a codecs but AVS2DVD somehow gets around this in the portable (non-installed) version

I'll try installing ffdshow and installing AVS2DVD instead of using the non-installed version of AVS2DVD and get back to you sometime tomorrow once I have a bit more time to look into it
    I also use the non-install version of AVStoDVD, this has nothing to do with your issues.

Please do not confuse ffmpeg with ffmpegsource and ffdshow, these are three totally different things.

FFMpeg is a universal encoder/decoder, it comes with AVStoDVD, no need to install it.
    FFMpegSource is a video and audio source filter for AviSynth, it is an alternative for DirectShowSource. It also comes with AVStoDVD, no installation required.
    FFDShow is a collection of DirectShow decoders. It must be installed separately if you use the no-install version of AVStoDVD. If the FFDShow option is greyed out under codecs, it means that FFDShow is not installed. But you can just as well use LAVFilters instead of FFDShow (or other suitable DirectShow filters).

To avoid all possible DirectShow issues you should specify FFMpegSource as your Audio source filter under Preferences / AviSynth.

If you still get an error because of a 0 byte audio file, I suspect that you did not install the plugin correctly. Have you really renamed the original wavi.exe to _wavi.exe? And then extracted wavi.exe.mod from the plugin archive to the wavi folder and renamed it to wavi.exe?

After the correct installation of the plugin the content of the AVStoDVD\Wavi folder should look exactly like this:

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 11th Sep 2014 at 19:10.
    Quote Quote