VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 137
FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Mr C how about a function to allow users to increase memory allocation I have video edit machine with 8gb and plan to add more
    seems it would be nice to set this higher right now it show 85 mb allocated
    and ya great product ,I can see lots of sweat in this baby
    Quote Quote  
  2. @Samstoned

do you refer to HCenc memory allocation? What is exactly the purpose you think about to increase it?

Bye

P.S.

Thanks for the kind words
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    my hopes where that it would encode faster,guess not ah
    Quote Quote  
  4. HCenc author
    Search Comp PM
    HCenc allocates memory which is needed to store the video data (YV12 planes) using a buffer of 3 * GOPlength.
    Faster encode allocating more memory? your guess is right: no
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks hank for the clarification.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. AVStoDVD release 2.3.2 Alpha 100910 is available to download.

Change log from 2.3.1:

- Some bugs fixed
    - New Splash Screen and Icons available (many thanks to 8ternity). See 'Graphics' folder.
    - Added 'Select Splash Screen' in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - Added 'Force FFmpeg when temp WAV is > 4GB' in 'Preferences'/'Audio' (auto switch to FFmpeg when temporary audio file is larger than 4GB).
    - Added AviSynth frameserving capability check both in 'Edit Title'
    - Added 'Run Title AviSynth FrameServing Check at runtime' option in 'Advanced Settings' (default Off)
    - Added 'Frame Aspect Ratio' as Video Media Info
    - Moved 'Enable MultiThread Encoding' from 'Advanced Settings' to 'Preferences'/'System'
    - Revised 'Preferences' Tabs content and layout. Icons updated accordingly.
    - Changed Windows Registry Directory used to store Preferences (from HKLM to HKCU).
    - Improved AviSynth script generation routine (resizing section)
    - Improved 'Copy Title Settings' in Title Edit Section (copy one-to-many).
    - Included in Help section links to source codes to all GPL/LGPL 3rd party software distributed.
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.35
    - FFmpeg updated to r24623

Just 2 things: back to HCenc 0.24 april beta (sometimes august beta hangs at the end of encoding) and changed program used to make frameserving check (from Avs2Avi to FFmpeg).

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just started trying AVStoDVD. My source file is an FLV. I selected DVD as my output and DVD Video Standard: NTSC. But when I click on Start, the Project Settings indicate DVD Video Standard: PAL. I go back & preferences still indicate NTSC. I did a short conversion & looked at the log & it indicates PAL. What am I doing wrong?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you change the basic project settings (such as video format from PAL to NTSC) then you have to open a new project for the changes to take effect. Once a project has been started, these settings are fixed for that project.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thought I started a new project, several times. It appears I just deleted the current title & added it back in, thinking that would be a new project, but obviously it is not.

I also tried changing the encoding to HCenc VBR 2-pass. Unless I'm making another mistake, I had to click the box "Save currect Preferences as default" in order to make that change take effect. No big deal.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    If you change the basic project settings (such as video format from PAL to NTSC) then you have to open a new project for the changes to take effect. Once a project has been started, these settings are fixed for that project.
    Hmm, I wonder, how difficult would it be to tweak the code so that AVStoDVD updates the current project, instead of having to reload? ConvertXtoDVD updates the current project if you change any settings. It's no biggie though, I'm just wondering.

Great tool!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Start the conversion but nothing appears to happen.

The AVStoDVD screen closes down and there is nothing to look at & therefore no status bar or indicator. My Task Manager indicates AVStoDVD is doing something, but the icon in the system tray still indicates 0% after 10 minutes. It says to double click for details, but double clicking does absolutely nothing. And the external drive with the source file does not appear to be running. I tried a couple times with the same results.

Should the AVStoDVD window be open in order to indicate what is happening? When I do a Preview it does take a while for an image to appear & then it is really slow moving & jerky, so the program is accessing my source file. But when I actually Start the conversion I can hear my external drive click off after a minute or so.

What am I doing wrong?

Update -

I tried again without changing anything & used the defaults. This time a QuEnc window came up. I stopped the conversion after a couple minutes & tried the video & it does play in VLC, but has no audio.

I then changed the output from PAL to NTSC and same as before - nothing.
    Last edited by Mike99; 17th Sep 2010 at 02:40. Reason: added information
    Quote Quote  
  12. About Preferences: see Help/FAQ/GUI/Q2.1. It is supposed that FIRST you setup your preferences (video standard, language, encoding criteria, etc.) and THEN you start your projects, not viceversa.

About Encoding Profiles: see Help/FAQ/Video/Q3.5

About icon tray: just double click on it (read the tooltip) and you will get a Progress Status window showing your project progress.

About stopping the encoding: don't do that. Or do it, but do not expect that resulting DVD is 100% OK.

As general suggestion, please do read the AVStoDVD Help file: it has a lot of answers to common questions and tips how to use AVStoDVD at its best.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I could not find “Preview Clip” and used Title > Preview Title Output. The window that opened was labeled AVStoDVD Clip Preview so I figured this was the correct function. Is this OK or is there an actual Preview Clip button?

I changed ffdshow Raw Video to All supported and the Preview runs nice & smooth when settings are left at the default PAL. I never tried Preview in PAL before so I don’t know how it previously ran. But when changed to NTSC it performed same as before & takes a longtime to start running & then a freeze frame or two.

With either PAL or NTSC after clicking on Start the AVStoDVD window closes & only the icon in the system tray is there. And double clicking on it does absolutely nothing. It does not open up the AVStoDVD window. And as before, the icon stays at 0% and my external drive stops.

I noticed in Help/FAQ/Video/Q3.6 that flvsplitter is needed for FLV files. I presume I need this & tried to find out more, but there is very little documentation. All I can find out is that it splits files. Why would I need this if I’m only working with a single file?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    I could not find “Preview Clip” and used Title > Preview Title Output. The window that opened was labeled AVStoDVD Clip Preview so I figured this was the correct function. Is this OK or is there an actual Preview Clip button?
    Yes

Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    I changed ffdshow Raw Video to All supported and the Preview runs nice & smooth when settings are left at the default PAL. I never tried Preview in PAL before so I don’t know how it previously ran. But when changed to NTSC it performed same as before & takes a longtime to start running & then a freeze frame or two.
    There's no difference in handling video format in 'Preview Clip' section, just the height is different (PAL 576px, NTSC 480px)

With either PAL or NTSC after clicking on Start the AVStoDVD window closes & only the icon in the system tray is there. And double clicking on it does absolutely nothing. It does not open up the AVStoDVD window. And as before, the icon stays at 0% and my external drive stops.
    After pressing start either HCenc or QuEnc or FFmpeg should pop up. If not probably AVStoDVD is freezing. Check AVStoDVD cpu occupancy using Win Task Manager. If AVStoDVD is freezing there's probably a decoding problem. What happens if you select 'Title'/'AviSynth Frameserving Check' on your input title?

I noticed in Help/FAQ/Video/Q3.6 that flvsplitter is needed for FLV files. I presume I need this & tried to find out more, but there is very little documentation. All I can find out is that it splits files. Why would I need this if I’m
    only working with a single file?
    FLV is a container (like AVI, MPG, MKV, MOV, etc.) and requires a splitter that separates the video and audio tracks. Then video and audio are decoded by directshow filters (like ffdshow). While AVI and MPG splitting is supported natively by Windows, FLV splitting is not. FLVSplitter does that job.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    QuEnc popped up only once after pressing Start, and that was with PAL output. Nothing else ever popped up.

How do I "select 'Title'/'AviSynth Frameserving Check' on your input title"? I can't find anything to select this.
    Quote Quote  
  16. QuEnc/HCenc selection is due to bitrate not video standard (PAL/NTSC).

Have you checked the CPU loading in Task Manager?

'AviSynth Frameserving Check' is a new feat from latest 2.3.2 Alpha to check if the decoding chain is properly configured.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some MKV videos where the subtitles are right in the file. They are not hardcoded tho. How do I get AVStoDVD to recognize that the subtitles are there? When I use ConvertXtoDVD it automatically adds the subtitles when I drag and drop the mkv file. When I drag and drop in AVStoDVD it says there are no subtitles.

How can I fix this???
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  18. @ThaDraGun

AVStoDVD is able to detect and use embedded subs if:

1. Input file is a Matroska (mkv) container
    2. MKVToolnix is installed. It is not distributed in AVStoDVD installer package: you must download and install it by yourself
    3. Embedded subs format is either UTF-8 or VOBSUB

Point 1 should be ok. Make sure that point 2 and 3 are fulfilled as well.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks, that worked
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just noticed one other problem. Thought I'd try the preview button since I saw in here that thats a good way to make sure your video is in sync. The last movie I did I had a problem with that so I thought this time I'd better check.

I hit the preview button and there is no picture, just sound. Its not even a black picture... just the grey box. Do I have to install something extra for that to work too? I was encoding an xvid file.

Video:
    Codec:::::::::::::::: XviD
    Duration::::::::::::: 2Hour 3Minutes
    Bitrate:::::::::::::: 1119 Kbps
    Width:::::::::::::::: 720
    Height::::::::::::::: 304
    Frame Rate::::::::::: 23.976fps
    Size::::::::::::::::: 1.36GB
    Language::::::::::::: English
    Subtitles:::::::::::: English Hardcoded (if any)
    Video Source::::::::: MP4 From demon thanks

Audio:
    Codec:::::::::::::::: AC3
    Bitrate:::::::::::::: 448
    Frequency:::::::::::: 48.0Khz
    Audio Source::::::::: Remastered 5.1 by -iNK
    Quote Quote  
  21. @ThaDraGun

see Help\FAQ\GUI\Q2.2

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Release 2.3.2 Final is available to download.

Change log from 2.3.1

- Some bugs fixed
    - New Splash Screen and Icons available (many thanks to 8ternity). See 'Graphics' folder
    - Added 'Select Splash Screen' in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - Added 'Force FFmpeg when temp WAV is > 4GB' in 'Preferences'/'Audio' (auto switch to FFmpeg when temporary audio file is larger than 4GB)
    - Added AviSynth frameserving capability check in 'Menu'/'Title'
    - Added 'Run Title AviSynth FrameServing Check at runtime' option in 'Advanced Settings' (default Off)
    - Added 'Frame Aspect Ratio' as Video Media Info
    - Moved 'Enable MultiThread Encoding' from 'Advanced Settings' to 'Preferences'/'System'
    - Revised 'Preferences' Tabs content and layout. Icons updated accordingly
    - Changed Windows Registry Directory used to store Preferences (from HKLM to HKCU)
    - Improved AviSynth script generation routine (resizing section)
    - Improved 'Copy Title Settings' in Title Edit Section (copy one-to-many)
    - Improved handling of mpeg2 and d2v source titles
    - Improved multithread audio encoding when using FFmpeg
    - Included in Help section links to source codes to all GPL/LGPL 3rd party software distributed.
    - HCenc updated to 0.25
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.35
    - FFmpeg updated to r24623
    - ImgBurn updated to 2.5.2.0

As usual, comments and suggestions are welcome

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  23. @zonag5

double post, double reply

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC how may I change the fon't and size when HARDcoding subs ? I've got two pics showing that it's creates 2 lots of sub's overlapping (only happins when I hardcode not mux; any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	414
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	3866Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled2.JPG
Views:	395
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	3867
    Quote Quote  
  25. @striker9,

what is exactly your purpose? To change hard subs format or to have just one hard encoded sub?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you see the subs well their's two overlapping , I want to know what to do so when i tick hardcode subs it only makes One lot or subs and to then change the font or something and i guess that you can't do that in avstodvd it's in direct vobsub or ffdshow so can you help with the steps for the settings pls mate
    Quote Quote  
  27. Ok 2 questions.

About subs overlapping: make sure you have not toggled on subtitles option in ffdshow video decoder configuration.

About change hard-encoded subs format: right now no way to do it directly in AVStoDVD. But have a look here how to use SSA (Sub Station Alpha) format with VSFilter/TextSub: it is a bit complicated, but you know, good results request some knowledge (that's exactly the way AVStoDVD renders the text in DVD Menu).

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sure ffdshow subtitles arn't on but i can't understand codec properties as i'm still learning basics like gui encoding here's my settings you might understand betterClick image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	371
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	3878
    Quote Quote  
  29. It seems that ffdshow configuration is ok. Are you sure that input title is not already hard-subbed? If you go ahead with encoding, does the final DVD have the "double subs"?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I’m just getting back to my project & have installed AVStoDVD Release 2.3.2.

Initially I had the same problem as mentioned in message #163, that after clicking on Start, the AVStoDVD window closes. Double clicking on the system tray icon does absolutely nothing and stays at 0% and my external drive stops. My CPU usage is at 100%.

But everything seems to work fine if I first run the “AviSynth Frameserving Check” and get the message that the title has been successfully frame served. I can then click Start and QuEnc does display. And double clicking on the AVStoDVD in the system tray now does bring up its Progress Status display.

The critical step appears to be first selecting the “AviSynth Frameserving Check”. If I don’t do that then nothing processes. Selecting it from the drop down menu does not usually work but right clicking on the Title & selecting it usually does work, but not always. At least that’s what I’m experiencing at the moment. I’ve tried running “AviSynth Frameserving Check” many times each way and cannot think of anything different that I’m doing that might cause it to sometimes run and sometimes not.

When processing I saw “DGPulldown.exe” come up. I searched it appeared this was keeping my 23.976fps and doing whatever it take to use the 3:2 pulldown.

At first I was just concerned about getting the video correct and never installed flvsplitter but the audio came out just fine anyway. Have some changes been made in the latest release were I do not have to worry about the audio?
    Last edited by Mike99; 20th Oct 2010 at 14:59.
    Quote Quote