VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 137
FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 4096
Thread
  1. @wildsharks

AVStoDVD is a 32 bit application and requires 32 bit ffdshow (or other 32 bit directshow codecs) to work properly, as explained in Help/FAQ/General/Q1.2. It is not so complicated, if you read the documentation.

@tebugg

you can somehow mitigate the "stealing focus" effect by selecting 'Minimized' in 'Preferences'/'Misc'/'Encoding Window Style'. BTW not all progs do follow that command and will nevertheless pop up and take focus.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, why am I getting errors all the time? I keep on getting this error when I install 32bit ffdshow. =(

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	471
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	26613
    Quote Quote  
  3. @wildsharks

do you have administrative rights on your system? That tool accesses and modifies the Windows Registry, so you must be administrator of your machine.

Another tool that sets the preferred filters is Win7DSFilterTweaker. It has some more features. You can try with that too.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, now my video works when I setup using Win7DSFilterTweaker. Thanks!

Another thing is, my video has a built in subtitle. I use VLC media media player to play my videos. When playing my video, the subtitle automatically show up on my video. I can also off my subtitles. I think this is a built in configuration of the video and I like that as I am able to switch on and off my subtitle whenever I want to.

Coming back to AVStoDVD, I import my video into AVStoDVD, and when I test play the video, I am unable to off my subtitles. How can I make my subtitles on and off whenever I want to?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are the subtitles from an external file? Because you can only uncheck the "Hard Encoded" option if they are.

From the AVStoDVD help:
    This option (unchecking Hard Encoded) is available (not grayed out) only if the source subtitles are an external file (SRT, SSA, ASS, IDX/SUB).

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No. My subtitles are built in the video. That is why I need help with this (switching on and off subtitles in AVStoDVD). I have no problems when my subtitles is in a separate file. That's why I need to know how can I switch on and off subtitles when having this special case.

PS: What does it mean by "Hard Encoded"? Is it making the subtitle part of the video?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, hard coded subs are a part of the video and cannot be turned off.

I am not very knowledgable about subtitles since I never use them. But you should be able to extract your subs from the source MKV with MKVExtractGUI or MKVCleaver and then somehow convert them to a supported format (SRT, SSA, ASS, IDX/SUB). And once you have your subs in an external file, you should be able to uncheck the "Hard Encoded" option which will make your subs switchable in your player.

But probably someone with more knowledge than me could answer your questions better...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haha! Yeah, I did extract those subtitles. That's how normally we do it when we want to turn on-off subtitles. Since my video is actually ripped and downloaded from a site and I want to keep the original formatting of the subtitles and therefore not trying to extract out and custom the subtitles. I'm not sure if AVStoDVD is able to achieve that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If AVStoDVD is using dshow for the video, the subs may be being picked up by a dshow subtitle filter such as vobsub,
    vsfilter, FFDshow's subtitles, and possibly others. Try uninstalling or disabling the above to see if it affects the issue.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I only installed ffdshow. I did not install any plugins for subtitles. What do you mean by "subs may be being picked up by a dshow subtitle filter" ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Going back to a previous post, if its 'from a site' then odds are its hardcoded. Basically they are always on, and are an actual part of the video. so, cannot be turned off no matter how hard you try or what settings you change and cannot be removed from the video either

A bit like hardcoded subs for 'foreign' parts in some films, like Star Wars or films with non-English parts. Hardcoded subs means they show even when you don't want them to

A lot of Dutch or Chinese/Thai films use hardcoded subs so the film is actually English speaking but the subs are alwasy on for that specific language. Especially if 'downloaded' ......
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by wildsharks View Post
    I only installed ffdshow. I did not install any plugins for subtitles. What do you mean by "subs may be being picked up by a dshow subtitle filter" ?
    Either the subs are hard coded (they're encoded right in the same stream as the picture).
    Or, they could be a separate stream in the file (mkv, etc), or they may be in a separate
    file, such as srt, IDX/SUB, etc.

In certain cases, if the subs can be found at playback time (it's either encoded as a stream in the file,
    or a completely separate file with the same name as the video) the subs will be displayed by the player
    if a directshow subtitle filter is active.

The same mechanism may come into play when AVStoDVD
    encodes the file if directshow is being used - whether or not you configure your AVStoDVD project to have
    subs or not. In this case the subs become hard coded (non-switchable).

I can't answer any further, I'm not sure what you have, nor am I sure what the problems are.
    Last edited by davexnet; 31st Jul 2014 at 12:41.
    Quote Quote  
  13. i'm sure i'm probably using the right protocol, i've never posted on here before, i probably don't even qualify for newbie status when it comes to video, and i didn't know of any other way to get thru to Mr C. (actually, anyone reading this is welcome to reply if you think you can help me) well, here goes - i'm trying to make a back up copy of a "protected" DVD, using ASVtoDVD. the problem is i'm getting the message: "error reading
    D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB file format not recognized ". i have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and don't really know where to go from here.

ANY HELP APP

5string
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Reading your post, why are you using AVStoDVD to backup a protected DVD, AVStoDVD is there to create a DVD from a single video file

If sounds like you need to install either SlySoft AnyDVD HD or DVDFab Passkey. These will remove the 'copy' protection and allow you to 'backup' your DVD without any need to use AVStoDVD

Your problem is then compressing that DVD to fit on a single DVD, I personally use DVD-RB Pro, there is plenty of software that will do that but none worth bothering with are free. DVD-RB Pro is old but fully supports AviSynth (as does AVStoDVD) so opens up the possibility to filter your DVD but will also happily function without you doing anything
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, DVD-RB (even the free version) does an excellent job backing up DVDs while fully reencoding them. If you need more speed (but less quality) you could also use a "Compressed Domain Transcoder" like DVDShrink. In both cases you need extra software to remove the protection.

If you want to use AVStoDVD for this purpose, the recommended way is to use MakeMKV to rip the original DVD to your HDD first while removing the protection. AVStoDVD will happily accept this MKV file as the input and will create a DVD from it while also retaining the original chapters. Keep in mind that AVStoDVD can only convert the main movie, all menus and extras will not be processed. But in many cases this is just what you want...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,

I am running the latest version of AVStoDVD on a Windows 7 PC and am having a lot of difficulty converting some .flv files that will be part of a larger video project that I am working on. Some .flv files convert OK but several simply can't be converted. I'm attempting to convert them to MPEG 2 DVD compatible video. The majority of the files I'm converting are .mp4 and they convert with no problem. The message I get from the app after just a few seconds is "incompatible input. Use convert to YV12 or YUY2." I'm attempting to use the HC encoder with 2 pass. That encoder works fine with some .flv files and with all of the .mp4 files. I'm going to attempt to attach the log file to this post if I can.
    Image Attached Files
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your log file does not contain anything obvious, and since HC generally works for you, there is only a small chance that some antivirus software gets in the way (as some people have reported).

From the AVStoDVD FAQ:
    Q3.6 I cannot convert Flash Video File (flv) format. Why?
    A: Install flvsplitter. If flvsplitter fails, select 'FFMpegSource' in 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'AVS Source Filter'
    I suppose you are using ffdshow / Haali as your DirectShow splitter and filter. Haali does not support splitting FLV files, so you need to install flvsplitter.

Also under "Codecs" click on "Preferred DirectShow Filters Setup" and make sure that the Windows Media Foundation filters are disabled. At last you should create a filter graph for the problematic files and make sure that flvsplitter and ffdshow are actually used.

Another option is to uninstall Haali and ffdshow and use LAV Filters instead. The LAV splitter does support FLV files directly.

Or like the FAQ says just force the use of the FFMPEGSource filter.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks manolito for your response. First let me say that I used FFMpegSource in AviSynth for both video and audio and that solved the problem. I just viewed the second .flv file converted using that setting and both the video and audio were fine. However, I did notice that in the info box there was the following: input using ini file, allocated memory by HCEnc 66 MB. Is that important? I attempted to install flvsplitter but was unable to do so. It has an .ax extention and Windows 7 wouldn't run the file. I read one post that said that you could choose regsvr32.exe as the program to open it but that didn't work. But I guess it doesn't matter now. I also went into Codecs and attempted to change some of the filter setting in Preferred DirectShow Filters Setup but the program wouldn't allow me to make any changes. After each attempt, I got the message "Error! ....preferred Codec NOT updated", the dots representing the codec in question. I looked at the box to the left and the Microsoft filter was still there. I did download Win7DS Filter Tweaker tool but I have not attempted to use it. Later I may see if that will allow me to disable the Microsoft filters.

So it looks like I've solved my problem, thanks to your suggestion about using FFMpegSource. Thanks very much for your help. Let me know if you have any suggestions about how to install flvsplitter.
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
    Let me know if you have any suggestions about how to install flvsplitter.
    64 bit OS?
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/282747
    Quote Quote  
  20. Hi, I'm new. Hope someone can help. While converting mkv to dvd, it errored out at the end rendering the dvd, saying insufficient disc space. I save the project and assets, and cleaned out some stuff on the hard disc. How do I render the dvd again without re-encoding the whole thing?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Your being able to author the DVD without having to re-encode may depend on what type of output you chose. If you chose a muxed MPEG 2 file or DVD folder structure, I'm sure you can use either of those to author the DVD without any need to re-encode. I've done that a number of times. If you chose the burn DVD option, then I am not sure if there's a way to restart the process without re-encoding. I would suggest that you post your log file here. I'm sure other members will be viewing your post later today and may be able to tell you whether or not you can author the DVD without re-encoding if you chose the burn DVD output option.
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From the AVStoDVD FAQ:
    Q1.8 I would like to make some trials with audio (video) encoding options, but I do not want to wait for video (audio) encoding step, which is already ok. How can I do to speed up the whole process?
    A: If you want to re-use the video (audio) output stream, simply do not change the Title names and Output folder, delete the last project log file, do not delete the last m2v (ac3/mp2/wav/dts) file(s) and re-start the new project. AVStoDVD will find an already encoded video (audio) stream and it will ask you if you want to overwrite or keep it.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  23. @ganymede

as suggested by manolito, you can avoid installing flvsplitter by using LAV Filters. LAV Filters is a nice alternative to Haali+ffdshow.

@memorex

in the asset/output folder you should have some files depending on which stage you have reached with your project: .m2v after video conversion, .ac3 after audio conversion, .sup after subtitles conversion (if any), then you should have a .log file. Just delete the .log file and leave the other assets files. Restart the project using *exactly the same* options as previous project. You will be prompted to keep the existing assets files. [Edit] Ops, manolito was faster...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC, At the moment I am achieving good results by following manolito's suggestion of going into AviSynth and choosing FFMpegSource for AVS Source Filter. Would there be any advantage to changing to LAV filters?
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Mainly the conversion would be faster because FFMpegsource has to index the sources first.

Everything else depends on the specific properties of the source files. FFMpegsource for example does not handle interlaced H.264 sources. DirectShowSource OTOH has the reputation to not be frame accurate while seeking within the files. My personal favorite source filter setup at the moment is to use the default A2DSource (which tries DirectShowSource first and switches to FFMpegsource only in case of errors). I use ffdshow only for audio and LAVFilters for video and for the splitter. And instead of the AviSynth Directshowsource.dll I use DSS2Mod. This way I get very good results even for problematic sources.

If you decide to use LAVFilters also for audio there is one catch within AVStoDVD. If you are downmixing a 6-ch audio source to 2-ch, AVStoDVD uses the built-in mixer of ffdshow or LAVFilters. For ffdshow everything is automatic, AVStoDVD will configure the mixer settings at runtime to achieve the desired result. With LAV audio this automatic configuration is not implemented (yet). Which means that you have to open the LAVFilter configuration and enable and configure the mixer manually. If ffmpeg audio is used, no audio mixer will be available. In this case an AviSynth downmix function (contained in the file ...\lib\downmix.avsi) will be employed.

@MrC
    I hope you had a nice summer vacation...

During the recent weeks I tested the current 2.75 Alpha version extensively, and I am very happy with it. Especially all frame rate conversions using MotionProtectedFPS came out with a real good quality. I first thought that it might be a good idea to add a setting under the global preferences where users can specify the preferred fps conversion method, but I would certainly have not much use for it. If I really want a fast quick and dirty conversion I can always edit the AVS script and replace MotionProtectedFPS with something faster.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 17th Aug 2014 at 17:30.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Manolito,

Thanks for the information. I'll print this out and keep it for future reference.
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Manolito

Could you explain how to implement DSS2Mod into AVStoDVD , I'm getting good results at the moment

with Lav filters but would like to try your set-up. Thanks very much.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sure, to make it easier for you I uploaded the stuff you will need:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ic98l3

If you have LAV Filters already installed, all you have to do is 2 things:

1. Open the DSS2Mod archive and extract the file avss.dll (or avss_26.dll if you use AviSynth 2.6) into your AviSynth\Plugins folder.
    2. Copy the file A2DSource.avsi into your AVStoDVD\Lib folder overwriting the existing file.

For problematic source files like interlaced H.264 you should edit the A2DSource.avsi and change the value for "preroll" from 0 to 100 or more.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick reply , will give this a go.

Cheers Mike
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    @MrC
    I hope you had a nice summer vacation...

During the recent weeks I tested the current 2.75 Alpha version extensively, and I am very happy with it. Especially all frame rate conversions using MotionProtectedFPS came out with a real good quality. I first thought that it might be a good idea to add a setting under the global preferences where users can specify the preferred fps conversion method, but I would certainly have not much use for it. If I really want a fast quick and dirty conversion I can always edit the AVS script and replace MotionProtectedFPS with something faster.
    Hi manolito, actually I'm starting the summer vacation only tomorrow... 2 weeks in the US: New York, Cape Code, Boston, Niagara Falls, Philadelphia. A lot of stuff. You know, nowadays USD is still underperfoming vs EUR, but we do not know how long...

Thanks for the feedback about the 2.7.5 Alpha, that meanwhile has gone Final, without many announces, just a note on SourceForge and on A2D homepage.

I agree that MotionProtectedFPS is doing a damn good job, at a limited encoding speed impact, mainly if you are using a multicore

For next release I'm planning to drop ffdshow+haali (as bundled sw not as support) and adopt LAV Filters. More formats, one only package, NVidia CUVID support. Audio channels wise, leaving mixer off, I can handle the 5.1 to 2.0 conversion applying always the DownMix routine. Just have to check if the LAV mixer is off (do anybody know LAV reg key?).
    Before proceeding with that change, I would like to have feedbacks from A2D users. What is your preferred choice? ffdshow+haali or LAV Filters? Any issues with LAV Filters or any mandatory reasons to keep ffdshow+haali?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote