+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 137
FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Hi Kevin,
    I saw the author of HCenc got in touch with you in another thread. Did it lead to anything?
    He sent me a link to the latest beta version. I'm still testing it, but unfortunately I'm not having any luck getting a 2-pass encode to complete properly. I'm going to try again tonight with another file and send him the log file.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KevinSartori View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Hi Kevin,
    I saw the author of HCenc got in touch with you in another thread. Did it lead to anything?
    He sent me a link to the latest beta version. I'm still testing it, but unfortunately I'm not having any luck getting a 2-pass encode to complete properly. I'm going to try again tonight with another file and send him the log file.
    Do you have a license to Windows 7 or Vista? Perhaps you can install it as virtual machine
    under Windows 8.1:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/hyper-v-run-virtual-machines
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's a good idea, davexnet! At work, some of the machines use some kind of virtual machine to run an essential old DOS program on Windows 7. I was thinking that might be a possible solution, but had my hopes set on the latest beta of HCenc. To be honest, if MrC implements FFmpeg 2-Pass VBR encoding, I might go with that and just call it a day. After all, the DVD conversions are not for me but for friends and relatives and, to be honest, they're not very picky about quality. It's just been bugging me that the old system that used to work so well (HCenc 2-Pass) isn't working any longer.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by KevinSartori View Post
    Even if they do get resolved, I still prefer using AVStoDVD. Is there any possibility that you could add FFmpeg 2-Pass VBR encoding as an option in AVStoDVD? I can post the log from a successful 2-Pass encode if seeing the commands used is helpful.
    Take a look at this add-on to AVStoDVD (courtesy from manolito @ Doom9):

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1662458&postcount=2402

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=1663423&postcount=2421

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Take a look at this add-on to AVStoDVD (courtesy from manolito @ Doom9):

Aha! Excellent! That's what I get for not checking both forums! That's great work from Manolito. I made a slight change to his ff_vbr.bat file to raise the threshold for triggering 2-Pass and to fix DC Precision to 10. I just ran a test encode and it worked great!

Thanks for the heads up, MrC, and thanks again for AVStoDVD!
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_,

Some titles recently were rendered by AVS as rather squished letterbox, whereas they don't normally play that way by default on the computer, or a media player into a tv. I presume there must be a setting for AVS jobs to force rendering as fullscreen, 4:3. (If I ever knew this once I seem to have forgotten, so please remind me.)
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi Seeker

the setting you are looking for is here: 'Edit Title'/'Video'/'Video Aspect Ratio'. BTW I didn't get if your source title is already 4:3 or not. The project log file usually helps...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one suggestion for a small feature that would be very nice: The ability to move titles around in the "Source Titles" window. Right now, changing the order of titles means we have to delete everything from the top one involved in the move to the very end and reload everything.

Also, the ability to resize the program window at least vertically, and as a bonus, the "Source Titles" and "Operations" windows, would be very welcome.

And regardless, a huge thanks for all the work you do and the support you provide!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    I have one suggestion for a small feature that would be very nice: The ability to move titles around in the "Source Titles" window. Right now, changing the order of titles means we have to delete everything from the top one involved in the move to the very end and reload everything.
    Have you tried with (right-click) Move Up/Down Title (CTRL+U / CTRL+D)?

Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    Also, the ability to resize the program window at least vertically, and as a bonus, the "Source Titles" and "Operations" windows, would be very welcome.
    Good suggestion. Do you think it is more convenient to auto enlarge the Source Titles section or the Operations section?

And regardless, a huge thanks for all the work you do and the support you provide!
    You are welcome! And thanks to you for the continuous feedbacks.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the reply, MrC. I did forget to mention that I'm using the current version 2.7.3, FWIW.

That just moves the highlight among the titles; it doesn't move the titles themselves.

Good suggestion. Do you think it is more convenient to auto enlarge the Source Titles section or the Operations section?
    My thinking, not knowing the effort involved, is that the Source Titles and Operations sections would automatically scale when the program windows is resized, but being able to resize them individually for convenience (for example, when creating a DVD that has a lot of short titles, like music videos) would also be nice.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    That just moves the highlight among the titles; it doesn't move the titles themselves.
    Do you mean moving the titles in the DVD Menu or in the project? Because CTRL+U / CTRL+D do actually move the titles in the project, warning that the DVD Menu will be reset.

Please advise if I missed anything

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you mean moving the titles in the DVD Menu or in the project? Because CTRL+U / CTRL+D do actually move the titles in the project, warning that the DVD Menu will be reset.

Please advise if I missed anything

Bye
    Just tried it again, and of course now it works as you said. Last time it definitely moved just the highlight rather than the titles, but I don't know what was different then. If I see that behavior again, I'll try to give you something more useful to go by.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I have a problem when trying to convert a video, as soon as I add the video the following message appears:

Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.gif
Views:	685
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	24094

does not matter if I choose OK (use 23.976) or CANCEL (use 26.192) the audio is out of sync.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Hi Evilkyo and welcome there.

Could you give us more details about the source file? A MediaInfo report would be ok, the file upload (or a portion of it) would be better.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Evilkyo and welcome there.

Could you give us more details about the source file? A MediaInfo report would be ok, the file upload (or a portion of it) would be better.

Bye
    Here's the MediaInfo report. The video you can download here

Code:
    General
    Unique ID                      : 241136491331996938695059329396436282255 (0xB56932ED57F91378A9320771D20EAB8F)
    Complete name                  : I:\Dublados\Power Stone\PS01.mkv
    Format                         : Matroska
    Format version                 : Version 2
    File size                      : 322 MiB
    Duration                       : 22mn 30s
    Overall bit rate               : 1 999 Kbps
    Movie name                     : R1 DVDRIP by FMA1394 and The_Profileth (#copycat-anime@irc.hoshinet.org)
    Encoded date                   : UTC 2012-04-10 18:10:24
    Writing application            : mkvmerge v4.9.1 ('Ich will') built on Jul 11 2011 23:53:15
    Writing library                : libebml v1.2.1 + libmatroska v1.1.1

Video
    ID                             : 1
    Format                         : AVC
    Format/Info                    : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile                 : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC         : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames      : 16 frames
    Muxing mode                    : Header stripping
    Codec ID                       : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Bit rate                       : 1 831 Kbps
    Width                          : 704 pixels
    Height                         : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio           : 4:3
    Original display aspect ratio  : 3:2
    Frame rate mode                : Variable
    Original frame rate            : 26.192 fps
    Standard                       : NTSC
    Color space                    : YUV
    Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
    Bit depth                      : 8 bits
    Scan type                      : Progressive
    Writing library                : x264 core 104 r1713 c276662
    Encoding settings              : cabac=1 / ref=16 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=64 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=60 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=16.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
    Language                       : English
    Default                        : Yes
    Forced                         : No

Audio
    ID                             : 2
    Format                         : MPEG Audio
    Format version                 : Version 1
    Format profile                 : Layer 3
    Muxing mode                    : Header stripping
    Codec ID                       : A_MPEG/L3
    Codec ID/Hint                  : MP3
    Duration                       : 22mn 30s
    Bit rate mode                  : Constant
    Bit rate                       : 128 Kbps
    Channel(s)                     : 2 channels
    Sampling rate                  : 48.0 KHz
    Compression mode               : Lossy
    Stream size                    : 20.6 MiB (6%)
    Writing library                : LAME3.99.5
    Default                        : Yes
    Forced                         : No
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Seeker

the setting you are looking for is here: 'Edit Title'/'Video'/'Video Aspect Ratio'. BTW I didn't get if your source title is already 4:3 or not. The project log file usually helps...

Bye
    Thanks, _MrC_,

I'll make a note of that. Original AR on those was definitely 4:3. Not sure if I still have the project logs.
    I think I might have found some other way of forcing the AR retention (?) I know I did another run, de-checking the Video auto-default and choosing some other setting from the drop-down box, and that seemed to work.

[I've not changed any VH settings, but for some reason, I have stopped receiving any email notification of further postings to threads I have participated in, such as this one.]
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  17. @Evilkyo

the MediaInfo release included by AVStoDVD (0.7.61) is detecting the source title frame rate mode as CFR (Constant Frame Rate) instead of VFR (Variable). What release have you used to make that report?

As workaround in AVStoDVD you can go to 'Edit Title'/'AviSynth', toggle off 'Auto AviSynth Setup', search the 'A2DVideoSource' call and replace the 'VFR=false' flag with 'VFR=true'. Use 23.976 fps as input framerate.

@Seeker

thanks for the feedback

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 16th Mar 2014 at 16:03. Reason: typo
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  18. Is there a guide on the best settings for the best quality possible?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @KevinSartori

High Kevin,
    glad you like my little VBR plugin...

If HCenc is broken on your computer, you might be interested in a small modification I made for a Doom9 user. Look here:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1674245#post1674245

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @manolito

I do like your plugin! With HCenc not working on either of my Windows 8.1 x64 computers, I thought my days of using VBR encoding were over. Manolito to the rescue!

Thanks for the modification link. I prefer two-pass encoding all the time, so I had changed

Code:
    IF %bitrate% LSS 3500 IF %hq%==1 GOTO 2pass
    to

Code:
    IF %bitrate% LSS 7500 IF %hq%==1 GOTO 2pass
    Looking at your modification link, could I have simply replaced the two lines:

Code:
    IF %bitrate% LSS 3500 IF %hq%==1 GOTO 2pass
    IF %bitrate% GTR %threshold% GOTO dont_touch
    with

Code:
    IF %hq%==1 GOTO 2pass
    This way, if I check the HQ box, two-pass encoding will always be used?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, this is exactly how it works. That's the nice thing about using a simple batch file: Anyone with just a very basic understanding about batch scripting can adjust the plugin according to her/his needs.

There would be just one disadvantage to your approach:
    If you have a bunch of files in your source window, you would have to click the HQ option for each of the files individually. But for the next version MrC promised to add another checkbox so you can make the ffmpeg HQ option the default.

I am very glad that the plugin works on your Win 8.1 64bit system because I could only test it on my old WinXP machine. I tried to be careful and let the plugin only write to the output folder (not to the "program files\AVStoDVD\ffmpeg" folder), but with the current Windows versions you never know where M$ decides that the user (even if he is the admin) has no right to modify anything in a folder.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    After rereading your post, the corresponding lines in the batch file should be a little different, because you also want to specify what should happen if the HQ option is not checked.

Assuming you want 2-pass VBR whenever HQ is checked regardless of the bitrate, and if HQ is not checked you want the original AVStoDVD CBR mode for bitrates above 7500 and 1-pass VBR mode for bitrates below 7500, then your :doit section should look like this:

Code:
    :doit

IF %hq%==1 GOTO 2pass
    IF %bitrate% GTR 7500 GOTO dont_touch

_ffmpeg.exe%CMDLINE%
    GOTO :EOF

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Aha, thanks manolito! Actually, though, I really want to use 2-pass all the time, so I'll leave it and just remember to check the box for each file.

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KevinSartori View Post
    I really want to use 2-pass all the time
    Your choice, but keep in mind that Fishman has tuned the 2-pass parameters for best results at lower bitrates up to 3500k. You should keep special attention to the average bitrate because max bitrarate is set to 7500k for 2-pass in the script. This means that average bitrate should never exceed 7000k in 2-pass mode unless you tune the script first.

In VBR mode the encoder needs some breathing room, a minimum difference of 500k between avg and max bitrates is required.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  25. New 2.7.4 Alpha release is out. Changes:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added NTSC SlowDown routine for progressive PAL to NTSC conversions ('Preferences'/'AviSynth')
    - Added support to LAV Filters (detection and preferred codecs selection)
    - Added support to MPEG-4 Part 14 (mp4 and m4a) audio files as input
    - Added AVSMeter 1.7.7 to NoInstall and Installer packages
    - Added new routine ('ReadAVSInfoF') to read AviSynth scripts and DGIndex projects
    - Replaced FFmpeg with AVSMeter to run 'ReadAVSInfo' routine (A2DInfo.avsi)
    - Moved FFmpeg HQ option from 'Edit Title' to 'Preferences'
    - Added possibility to customize the FFmpeg HQ command line flags
    - Improved handling of DGIndex projects sources
    - Improved 'Preview Title Output' avs script for better compatibility with Raw Video directshow codecs
    - DGIndex updated to release 1.5.8
    - MediaInfo updated to release 0.7.67

This release is meant only for advanced AVStoDVD users. If you are a newbie, just use latest stable release (2.7.3).

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks MrC, I'll check it out.
    you did a lot of work - lots of new things.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Received this error after opening the program and immediately minimizing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	runtime_error.JPG
Views:	409
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	24858
    Quote Quote  
  28. @Dave

sure, I have started to implement the possibility to resize the main AVStoDVD form, but I did only half work. There's even no references in the Change Log...

By the way, I have uploaded a quick hotfix

Thanks for the report.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @Dave

sure, I have started to implement the possibility to resize the main AVStoDVD form, but I did only half work. There's even no references in the Change Log...

By the way, I have uploaded a quick hotfix

Thanks for the report.

Bye
    Looks good -
    resizable main window is a nice update-
    regards,
    Dave
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,
    regarding the PAL > NTSC slowdown, I gave it a try, works well. One observation though,
    even though I had HCenc do the encoding, "pulldown" was not turned on, and the extra pulldown
    step ran instead.

Dave
    Quote Quote