VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 137
FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 111 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 4096
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by JohnnyBob View Post
    Thus... some kind of scientific method is needed to set the subs precisely and correctly the first time, not requiring a lengthy hit & miss process of experimentation with the numbers, trying to hit upon the correct numbers by magic. Is there such a primer somewhere?
    Well, if you don't want to take my word for it that 16 is too small, then take a short music video or something and encode that with some subs from somewhere, just as a test, and check the output. It won't take 14 hours to get results. Or cut a small piece out of your MKV and encode that for DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  2. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    Apparently we're not on the same wavelength...
    Why are the subs showing up in 2 different font sizes?
    Last edited by JohnnyBob; 29th Oct 2013 at 19:41.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by JohnnyBob View Post
    That's a magic numbers game. I need the full and complete facts, precise scientific details and explanations, such as in a primer...
    Nonsense. If you're not willing to experiment and test for yourself, then how can anyone help you? And why would anyone want to?
    Quote Quote  
  4. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    I know from experience that your responses are not generally helpful, here nor elsewhere, and are mostly egocentric & argumentative.

Maybe someone else with a tad of humility knows the answer...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by JohnnyBob View Post
    Why are the subs showing up in 2 different font sizes?
    Because the multi-lines subs size is automatically adjusted by the conversion software (SubtitleCreator) to fit the window.

A possible solution is to manually edit the source SRT subs file and split the 2 lines, giving them the proper timestamp.

BTW I think that manono suggestion to experiment more is valuable: you will learn and, why not, have a lot of fun in experimenting. Then, if you find something interesting, report it in the forum, you will contribute to increase the knowledge base.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    Thanks, at least I know the culprit now, but don't have time to experiment ad infinitum, also don't have the brain power to learn new things easily. It's too bad this sort of thing isn't automatic.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    problem with black & white conversions
    --------------------------------------------------
    I've done quite a few of these with AVStoDVD from .avi and .mkv files and they never come out very well. The resulting video is a mixture of shades of gray. It looks dull, too dark, not bright, poor contrast. There is no true white nor true black. The "white" is only a dull shade of gray. Is there an adjustment somewhere that will make the range of colors wider, to include true black and true white at the extremes of that spectrum?

I use mostly CRT monitors and TVs, not LCD, which is part (but not all) of this problem. Photos and movies generally show up as too dark on my computer CRT monitor but may look fine on a LCD monitor. I suppose this might have something to do with the codecs favoring LCD vs CRT(?). At the same time, I have many excellent black and white movie DVDs which appear and play perfectly OK on my computer and TV CRT screens, so believe it's a problem intrinsic with the codecs and/or AVStoDVD conversions.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I would suggest you to play with the contrast.

- Go to 'Edit Title'/'AviSynth'
    - Toggle off 'Auto AviSynth Script'
    - Select 'Colors'
    - Toggle on 'Tweak'
    - Use default values for Hue, Saturation, Brightness. Start with 1.5 for Contrast (default is 1, but scale is logaritmic).

To speed up testing, encode a small difficult portion, using the 'Transform'/'Trim' option to select it.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  9. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    I staggered my way thru it "OK"...

One problem is that the preview video cannot keep up. I only get 1 new frame every 1-2 minutes. But that's enough to see that changing the Avisynth contrast setting to 1.5 helps a lot! So I'm pretty sure that will fix it.

So I decided to try to solve the subtitle font size problem at the same time but get a popup which indicates that Transform-Trim won't work correctly with subtitles (graphic below). So I'm not sure how to proceed.

What I probably need to do is take a 2-3 minute clip from the original .mkv, but I don't know how...

P.S.
    I can see that will be a useful technique, but I'm wasting too many of the expensive write-once DVDs, so will have to order some DVD+/-RW discs to test the AviSynth contrast settings and get it right for black and white movies. I converted quite a few already with mediocre results so they may need reconversion. I'll need to try 1.1, 1.2, 1.3. 1.4, 1.5, ... to zero it in correctly.

The same with the subtitle problems, but I'm still lost in the wilderness there. It would be helpful to have an explanation of the subtitle settings options and terminology on the positioning screen:
    From Left Border: ?
    From Bottom: ?
    Width: ?
    x ?, y ?
    What do each of those settings/numbers mean? What are their units? What are their limitations? What is the significance of the x,y coordinates which pops up at top after changing some of the numbers? How does the selected font size relate to these numbers? What happens if a number is "out of range"? Etc.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AVS_transform-trim.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	20920  

Last edited by JohnnyBob; 31st Oct 2013 at 11:18. Reason: update+correct typos
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Extracting subtitles from mkv and ending up with mpeg2 file
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got a large mkv file with the subtitles apparently included before I got it, since when I convert it to mpeg2 the subs don't show. I'm trying to convert this file to mpeg2 for an older DVD player and thus assume I need to extract the subtitles. Someone on the subtitles thread suggested AvsToDVD might work. In there, I could see the video, audio and srt files on separate lines. I'm not sure what to do next. Just to see, I set the output - video highlighted - for muxed mpeg2, which is now about 15 mins in (HCenc), but have no idea if that was the right thing to do (e.g., the projected output file shows as .m2v, which is a video file). Suggestions welcome. Thanks,
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by JohnnyBob View Post
    But that's enough to see that changing the Avisynth contrast setting to 1.5 helps a lot! So I'm pretty sure that will fix it.
    That's a pretty strong setting, although not out of the realm of possibility. To check if it's not too strong and/or also wrecking your black levels in the process, you might try putting this on at the end of the script:

ColorYUV(Analyze=True).Limiter(Show="Luma")

If you see big blobs of green it's too strong. Ideally (although it's OK to have overshoots and undershoots), you want the levels to be between 16-235. Red means you have those pixels below 16 and green above 235. Be sure to remove that line before doing the 'real' encoding. You could also open the script in VDub for testing.
    Quote Quote  
  12. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    @ rogmath

The SRT line indicates that a subtitle(s) is included in the .mkv, so you'll probably get subtitles in the result. They may not be exactly the same as in the original .mkv. Their font, size, and position on the screen may be different. In that case AVStoDVD has some subtitle setting adjustments that can be tried.

The choice of output depends on what you want to do with the result. With your choice of "Muxed MPEG2 File" you'll get a single file with the .mpg extension. I haven't tried that, but presumably it will play OK on certain equipment. I use "DVD Folder Structure" for my outputs because I normally want to burn them to a DVD for playing on a standalone DVD player, after first doublechecking that everything is OK.

@ manono

As usual we're on different wavelengths, and I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.
    Last edited by JohnnyBob; 2nd Nov 2013 at 19:19.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by JohnnyBob View Post

As usual we're on different wavelengths, and I haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.
    I'm saying you can't just eyeball these things and if you don't know how to use AviSynth's Histogram, adding that line to your script can easily tell you if cont=1.5 is too much, or not enough, or just right. If you still don't know, you could always upload a sample for someone to have a look. But almost certainly, if Tweak(Cont=1.5) 'fixes' the contrast (which it almost certainly won't), besides clipping the whites (which causes you to lose whites detail) it'll also turn your blacks to grey.

And if you do add that Tweak setting, it should definitely be:

Tweak(Cont=1.5,Coring=False)

Maybe AvsToDVD does it automatically. Don't know.
    Quote Quote  
  14. ...C O P Y L E F T JohnnyBob's Avatar
    Search PM
    Wrong again... It's all about eyeballs! My eyeballs, not yours...
    Also, I am *not* a programmer. I do *not* work with scripts, etc.
    I'm not smart enough to understand such things, so I leave those chores to others...
    Last edited by JohnnyBob; 2nd Nov 2013 at 22:53.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Sorry. Forget I ever said anything.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by rogmath View Post
    I've got a large mkv file with the subtitles apparently included before I got it, since when I convert it to mpeg2 the subs don't show. I'm trying to convert this file to mpeg2 for an older DVD player and thus assume I need to extract the subtitles. Someone on the subtitles thread suggested AvsToDVD might work. In there, I could see the video, audio and srt files on separate lines. I'm not sure what to do next. Just to see, I set the output - video highlighted - for muxed mpeg2, which is now about 15 mins in (HCenc), but have no idea if that was the right thing to do (e.g., the projected output file shows as .m2v, which is a video file). Suggestions welcome. Thanks,
    You will have subtitles (to be switched on with your DVD remote controller) only with 'DVD Folder' output. Muxed MPEG2 file output does not support subs embedded.

If you have troubles, attach here the project log file.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  17. I am by no means a video pro which makes a utility like avstodvd perfect for me. I have authored many DVDs with no problems using this utility but my latest attempt has me stumped.

The audio is out of sync (slow) and the further into the video, the further out of sync it becomes -- as if two different frame rates are being used for audio and video. I have tried mucking with several of the preferences related to audio and video, I have tried forcing the frame rate, and I have even tried running it through vdub in case there was some coding issues -- all with no improvement. The audio and video (and subs) are fine with vlc and vdub.

Particulars:

MediaInfo--

General
    Complete name : C:\Users\some_path\some_file.avi
    Format : AVI
    Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
    File size : 636 MiB
    Duration : 50mn 56s
    Overall bit rate : 1 745 Kbps
    Writing application : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2542/release)
    Writing library : VirtualDubMod build 2542/release

Video
    ID : 0
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
    Format settings, BVOP : 2
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Codec ID : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint : XviD
    Bit rate : 1 543 Kbps
    Width : 656 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.204
    Stream size : 562 MiB (88%)
    Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
    ID : 1
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Format settings, Endianness : Big
    Codec ID : 2000
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 2s 100ms
    Stream size : 70.0 MiB (11%)
    Alignment : Split accross interleaves
    Interleave, duration : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
    Interleave, preload duration : 500 ms

avstodvd log--

<11/7/2013 5:42:47 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 3217/4450 MB (72%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\some_path
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Video Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS Audio Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    Frame Adjust Strategy: 1
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: D: PIONEER BD-RW BDR-208D 1.10
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\source_path\source_title.avi
    Info: XviD - 1543 kbps - 656x480 - DAR 1.367 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 50:56 minutes - 73292 frames
    Audio 1: C:\source_path\source_title.avi
    Info: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 50:56 minutes (2100 ms delay)
    Subs 1: C:\source_path\source_title.EN.srt
    Info: SubRip (SRT) - C:\source_path\source_title.EN.srt
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\source_path\source_title.avi", CacheFolder="C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\source_path\source_title.avi", CacheFolder="C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.AddBorders(0,6,0,6)
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: FFmpeg CBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 3097.6 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -i "C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_source_tit le_1.avs" -threads 4 -aspect 4:3 -c:v mpeg2video -b:v 8500k -minrate 8500k -maxrate 8500k -bufsize 2000k -dc 10 -y "C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title.m2v"
    <>

<11/7/2013 5:53:23 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Source Filter: A2DSource (AVISource)
    Created File: C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title.m2v (3097.4 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8500 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.333 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 50:53 minutes - 73219 frames
    <>

<11/7/2013 5:53:23 PM>
    START PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown Parameters: "C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title.m2v" -srcfps 23.976 -destfps 29.97 -inplace -tff
    <>

<11/7/2013 5:55:01 PM>
    END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown executed on File: C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title.m2v (3097.4 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8500 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.333 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 50:56 minutes - 73288 frames
    <>

<11/7/2013 5:55:01 PM>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "C:\source_path\source_title.avi" -acodec copy -map 0:1 "C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title_1.ToFix.a c3"
    <>

<11/7/2013 5:55:14 PM>
    END AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title_1.ac3 (69.9 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 50:54 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

<11/7/2013 5:55:14 PM>
    START SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    SRT fixing routine applied (0 lines fixed).
    SubtitleCreator Parameters: "C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_source_tit le.srt" -p3 -i"C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\SubtitleCreator\Examples\VTS_01_1.I FO"
    <>

<11/7/2013 5:55:17 PM>
    END SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title_1.sup (0.91 MB)
    <>

<11/7/2013 5:55:18 PM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_BatchMux.i ni"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "C:\Users\jonh\Desktop\DVDs\DVD_0\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_MuxMan.mxp "
    -l "C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_MuxMan.log "
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "C:\Users\jonh\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_Palette.tx t"
    -v "C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title.m2v"
    -vidmode 4:3
    -a1 "C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title_1.ac3 "
    -a1lang en
    -s1 "C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title_1.sup "
    -s1lang en
    -s1ext 1
    -cellfr "C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title_Chapters. txt"
    -progfr "C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title_Chapters. txt"
    -chapfr "C:\Users\jonh\Videos\DVD_0_source_title_Chapters. txt"

<>

<11/7/2013 5:56:24 PM>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: C:\Users\jonh\Desktop\DVDs\DVD_0 (3222 MB)

CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 3222 MB
    vs Estimated Size: 3217 MB -> 0.2% oversize
    vs Assets Size: 3168.2 MB -> OK
    <>

<11/7/2013 5:56:25 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.7.1
    <>

Please advise!

jon
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hi jon

two settings to be tested:

- Force DirectShowSource instead of A2DSource in 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'AVS Video Source'

- Toggle off 'Auto Audio Setup' and toggle off 'Audio Direct Stream Copy'

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  19. I applied both and the audio is now properly synced. Thanks MrC!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Release 2.7.3 Alpha 131108 is out. For testing purpose only!

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'Preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup' section
    - Added SetACL 2.0.3.0 (LGPL by Helge Klein) to AVStoDVD package

Feedbacks on Codecs selection new section (for Win7/8) are very appreciated.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  21. _MrC_

Hi, I'm trying to convert a few files, but I get this error:
    "Warning! Title 1 output Video duration (00:00:09) is shorter than expected duration (00:21:40).

Do you want to continue anyway? Default 'Yes'"

That happens about 10-15 seconds after I tell AVStoDVD to start the process. The video files play fine on VLC.
    Is there any thing I could do to solve the problem with this particular process?

Thank you very much.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by AVSultrafan; 9th Nov 2013 at 22:31.
    Quote Quote  
  22. @AVSultrafan

likely there are some issues in decoding directly the secondary audio track you have selected in the source AVI.

As workaround, when AVStoDVD asks you to select the audio track, select the track and then tick the option to 'Demux selected Audio Track'.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  23. @_MrC_

Thank you, that solved the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  24. _MrC_

Sorry to bother you again, but, I just ran into a problem that I had never experienced, when trying to convert a different set of files: MuxMan failed to author the DVD.
    I tried restarting my computer and starting a new process with AVStoDVD (overwriting all files) but that didn't help. The process failed when it got to MuxMan, again.
    I then tried deleting the .log file and hitting the Start button on AVS, and, when prompted to decide whether to overwrite or not I selected "no", AVS then indicated that all the files where shorter than expected (00:00:00). However the .m2v files AVStoDVD created in the previous project seem to play fine on VLC.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. @AVSultrafan

the authoring process aborts when it encounters title 3 subtitles (.sup file, converted from the source .srt file). I would suggest you to convert manually the srt to sup using SubtitleCreator and see if SubtitleCreator gives you errors messages.

Otherwise send me the original .srt file.

As rule of thumb, avoid special chars (like "!") in your source files.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thanks, _MrC_!

I opened the .srt file with Subtitlecreator and corrected an error there. Started the project with AVStoDVD and it created the DVD without any errors.
    Quote Quote  
  27. @AVSultrafan

Well done

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @AVSultrafan

Well done

Bye
    I still feel like this may be more of an art than a science, and with a fair touch of luck thrown into it. I've come across .SRT files where I could not uncover anything clearly wrong with them, yet they still caused the processing to barf. (May even have sent you a couple like that, amongst the others.) A couple times it might have involved the sheer volume of them, on a rather long video. Not just stray, unapproved characters, either. I've seen cases where they insisted on adding head / tail credits for whoever did the translation, and this playing havoc with the subtitles' timings. (Not to mention PAL | NTSC | fps variations. I still need to learn something about adjusting or reworking timings that are off.) There have literally been examples where I've had to go through 3 or 4 different sources for an .SRT file. It might be moot whether or not that last one was the best translation . . . because it happened to be the one that worked, in getting that job to disc ! An approximate understanding of the dialog is better than none.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Release 2.7.3 Alpha 131108 is out. For testing purpose only!

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'Preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup' section
    - Added SetACL 2.0.3.0 (LGPL by Helge Klein) to AVStoDVD package

Feedbacks on Codecs selection new section (for Win7/8) are very appreciated.

Bye

I still have not installed AVStoDVD version 2.7.1. Should I install this first or should I just forget that and install 2.7.3 Alpha instead???

If I do need to install 2.7.1 as the latest version, do I just install it straight over the top of the previous version and include all the small programs that go with it? I know this may have been answered somewhere earlier in the thread, but I just want to know if this has been fixed now and that I can just install straight over the top of the previous version without having to install some of the sub programmes separately.

Thanks

HB
    Quote Quote  
  30. @HB

it is always better to uninstall the previous AVStoDVD release before installing the new one. If you want to keep both, I suggest you to keep them in separate folders (e.g. AVStoDVD and AVStoDVD_273Alpha). Avoid to overwrite in the same folder.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote