Page 55 of 137
FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 4096
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by FireWire76 View Post
    I watched the video files that were left after the error. And both the video and the menu is all twisted, the picture is tilted 45 degrees to the right... I really donīt understand how this is possible.

Must be something wrong with the mkv-files, but don't understand what. Because they are fully watchable in both VLC and on my standalone media player(Western Digital SMP). It's only when using AVStoDVD this issue occurs, but only to these 2 files. The 8 files before had no issues.

Here is an example from the generated menu, the video becomes the same when watching:

LINK

Suggestions on what could be done to fix this? And why does this happen to an mkv-file in this app, and not when watching in a player?
    @MrC

Do you have any suggestions on what might cause the issue in the above link? Would really appreciate some help with this.

Best regards,
    FireWire
    This could be because the the width of the video is 1278, only mod 2. But I would expect this problem
    also to appear if the files are played back in WMP or any dshow player.

<2013-09-17 20:34:40>
    TITLE 2 SOURCE FILES
    Video: F:\BITTORRENT UNPACKED\BREAKING BAD S05\Breaking.Bad.S05E11.720p.HDTV.x264.mkv
    Info: AVC - 3010 kbps - 1278x720 - DAR 1,775 - 23,976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 47:08 minutes - 67818 frames
    Audio 1: F:\BITTORRENT UNPACKED\BREAKING BAD S05\Breaking.Bad.S05E11.720p.HDTV.x264.mkv
    Info: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 47:08 minutes (0 ms delay) - EN
    Subs 1: F:\BITTORRENT UNPACKED\BREAKING BAD S05\Breaking.Bad.S05E11.720p.HDTV.x264.srt
    Info: SubRip (SRT) - F:\BITTORRENT UNPACKED\BREAKING BAD S05\Breaking.Bad.S05E11.720p.HDTV.x264.srt
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I watched the video files that were left after the error. And both the video and the menu is all twisted, the picture is tilted 45 degrees to the right... I really donīt understand how this is possible.

Must be something wrong with the mkv-files, but don't understand what. Because they are fully watchable in both VLC and on my standalone media player(Western Digital SMP). It's only when using AVStoDVD this issue occurs, but only to these 2 files. The 8 files before had no issues.

Here is an example from the generated menu, the video becomes the same when watching:

LINK

Suggestions on what could be done to fix this? And why does this happen to an mkv-file in this app, and not when watching in a player?
    @MrC

Do you have any suggestions on what might cause the issue in the above link? Would really appreciate some help with this.

Best regards,
    FireWire
    This could be because the the width of the video is 1278, only mod 2. But I would expect this problem
    also to appear if the files are played back in WMP or any dshow player.

<2013-09-17 20:34:40>
    TITLE 2 SOURCE FILES
    Video: F:\BITTORRENT UNPACKED\BREAKING BAD S05\Breaking.Bad.S05E11.720p.HDTV.x264.mkv
    Info: AVC - 3010 kbps - 1278x720 - DAR 1,775 - 23,976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 47:08 minutes - 67818 frames
    Audio 1: F:\BITTORRENT UNPACKED\BREAKING BAD S05\Breaking.Bad.S05E11.720p.HDTV.x264.mkv
    Info: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 47:08 minutes (0 ms delay) - EN
    Subs 1: F:\BITTORRENT UNPACKED\BREAKING BAD S05\Breaking.Bad.S05E11.720p.HDTV.x264.srt
    Info: SubRip (SRT) - F:\BITTORRENT UNPACKED\BREAKING BAD S05\Breaking.Bad.S05E11.720p.HDTV.x264.srt
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61]
    Hi.

Yes, I see the difference. All other files is 1280x720.
    Tried to play these files in WMP and they played as they should. Have tried several players and I cannot reproduce the error occurring in AVStoDVD.

Any suggestion on how I can fix this. Can I recode them in Handbrake or something similar?

//FireWire
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Sorry to say, I already tried that with no luck. Set ffdshow as default for all codecs were that option was available. And didnīt make any difference at all...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC may have some other suggestions. However, there is one other thing you can try quickly.
    (you'll have to recreate the project though)

Start a new project
    preferences / avisynth / AVS video source filter > set to ffmpegsource
    Add your files, set your menu and give it another shot.

PS did you actually confirm ffdshow is decoding the files? Load the file and hit codec/build directshow filter graph
    and you should see something like this:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2267869&viewfull=1#post2267869
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    MrC may have some other suggestions. However, there is one other thing you can try quickly.
    (you'll have to recreate the project though)

Start a new project

PS did you actually confirm ffdshow is decoding the files? Load the file and hit codec/build directshow filter graph
    and you should see something like this:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2267869&viewfull=1#post2267869
    Hi again.

This is how my graph looks:

LINK

Will try your suggestion about Avisynth setting and get back.

//FireWire
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Start a new project
    Should I change the setting for audio too, to the same as video(FFMpegSource)?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Start a new project
    It's not necessary, they do not have to be the same.

PS your graph is bad, the Microsoft DTV - DVD codec should not be present.
    (as you can see from the link I posted previously). retry the codec tweaker.
    IS this Windows 7?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Start a new project
    It's not necessary, they do not have to be the same.
    I just tried to run Full preview, and the thumbnail video seems fine. Will give it a shot to make a full dvd, to see if this solves it.
    Big thanks for the suggestions. Will get back when done. Hopefully with positive results .

//FireWire
    Quote Quote  
  9. @FireWire

your system is using Windows standard codecs (Microsoft DTV-DVD Video) to decode the video AVC/H264 track included in your MKV file, instead of using ffdshow. If you are using Windows7, you should download Preferred Filter Tweaker and select ffdshow as H264 decoder in the 32bit section. After that, try again with 'Codecs'/'Build Directshow Filters Graph' to verify that now AVC/H264 is properly decoded by ffdshow. If yes, retry again with the project.

FFMpegSource is another option (thanks to Dave for the support aid ). But it would not solve the redundancy in the directshow video chain.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @FireWire

your system is using Windows standard codecs (Microsoft DTV-DVD Video) to decode the video AVC/H264 track included in your MKV file, instead of using ffdshow. If you are using Windows7, you should download Preferred Filter Tweaker and select ffdshow as H264 decoder in the 32bit section. After that, try again with 'Codecs'/'Build Directshow Filters Graph' to verify that now AVC/H264 is properly decoded by ffdshow. If yes, retry again with the project.

FFMpegSource is another option (thanks to Dave for the support aid ). But it would not solve the redundancy in the directshow video chain.

Bye
    Hi.

I have set all available options in that tweaker to ffdshow. But not all codecs are possible to change to ffdshow. H.264 have options Microsoft, ffdshow, ffdshow(DXVA) and USE MERIT. I set that to ffdshow, is that right or should I set ffdshow(DXVA)?
    Do I need to reboot after changing these settings?

EDIT:
    This is how my graph is looking now:

LINK

Everything looks ok now, doesn't it? But sadly it doesn't do anything about my problem. Still the same problem with tilted video. BUT I managed to make a DVD by using davexnet suggestion about changing the avisynth setting to ffmpegsource. Both DVD and the thumbnail video seems ok now.
    So I will live with that.

@MrC
    I am a noob about everything regarding video encoding, so whats the difference between A2DSource and FFMpegSource? And why does the first one make the video tilt? Just curious =).
    Btw big thanks for the support and a nice app, appreciate both much!

//FireWire
    Last edited by FireWire76; 18th Sep 2013 at 21:55.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

your system is using Windows standard codecs (Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio) to decode the AAC track included in your MP4 file, instead of using ffdshow. If you are using Windows7, you should download Preferred Filter Tweaker and select ffdshow as AAC decoder in the 32bit section. After that, try again with 'Codecs'/'Build Directshow Filters Graph' to verify that now AAC is properly decoded by ffdshow.
    And here is the "After" Preferred Filter Tweaker snapshot, from the 32-bit W7 system. Better ? (The 64-bit W7 system was hosed this morning -- apparently by Windows Update -- and must be carefully restored before I can check on that one.) I hope this means the problem should be corrected now, on the still-functioning system. One way to find out, I suppose . . . .
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vid-file Graph-2.png
Views:	223
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	20099  

When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  12. @FireWire

the directshow graph is ok now, with ffdshow decoding both the video and audio streams. I am a bit surprised that you still get the "oblique style" output. Go with FFMpegSource. FFMS uses libavcodec library (the one used by FFmpeg) to decode the video and audio streams. A2DSource is actually a mix of the available AviSynth source functions, including FFMS, but try to use DirectShowSource as first option, that's why I usually insist that the directshow decoding chain must be "clear".

@Seeker47

I don't know what you have done with Preferred Filter Tweaker... but now Audio is ok and Video not. Make sure that also the 32bit video decoders are set to ffdshow and not Microsoft.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. I forgot one thing from my previous post:
    Any plans on adding an option to use PAL speedup with 24 fps sources too? Current pulldown-method definitely works better than frame doubling, but I still think that speedup would give the smoothest result.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @FireWire
    . . .
    but try to use DirectShowSource as first option, that's why I usually insist that the directshow decoding chain must be "clear".

@Seeker47

I don't know what you have done with Preferred Filter Tweaker... but now Audio is ok and Video not. Make sure that also the 32bit video decoders are set to ffdshow and not Microsoft.
    Hi _MrC_,

Must have missed something there. I'll have another go. In any case, three things have come to light in this regard so far:

1. CX2D does indeed do it differently -- no such issue with that, even well before applying Preferred Filter Tweaker.

2. A quick test with these files indicates that the partial, audio-only, mismatched changes with PFT still managed to correct the soundtrack, using AVS 2.7.1.

3. Your Joiner tool worked quite well, in the job processing. (Had forgotten to mention that.) Thanks.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    @FireWire
    . . .
    but try to use DirectShowSource as first option, that's why I usually insist that the directshow decoding chain must be "clear".

@Seeker47

Hi _MrC_,

Must have missed something there. I'll have another go. In any case, three things have come to light in this regard so far:

1. CX2D does indeed do it differently -- no such issue with that, even well before applying Preferred Filter Tweaker.

2. A quick test with these files indicates that the partial, audio-only, mismatched changes with PFT still managed to correct the soundtrack, using AVS 2.7.1.

3. Your Joiner tool worked quite well, in the job processing. (Had forgotten to mention that.) Thanks.
    CX2D does not use the directshow mechanism to decode the file, it uses some flavor of FFmpeg,
    if I'm not mistaken.

MrC, have you considered making ffmpegsource the default for video decoding? It would clear up
    much of the system configuration related problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Third try is the charm ?

One more snapshot.

I have now set just about everything in the 32-bit section to 'ffdshow.' Was that the right way to go ? What is meant by the choice "Use Merit" ? If / when I get the other system operational again (may have to resort to restoring a boot partition image from a few months back), will I be finding a comparable 64-bit config section in there ? I thought this had all been corrected before on at least one system, probably that one.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vid-file Graph-3.png
Views:	284
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	20108  

Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Third try is the charm ?

One more snapshot.

I have now set just about everything in the 32-bit section to 'ffdshow.' Was that the right way to go ? What is meant by the choice "Use Merit" ? If / when I get the other system operational again (may have to resort to restoring a boot partition image from a few months back), will I be finding a comparable 64-bit config section in there ? I thought this had all been corrected before on at least one system, probably that one.
    Merit is a system of priority within the dshow mechanism. Whenever more than one filter can play a certain mediatype,
    the one with the higher merit is normally used. I would suspect (but I'm not 100% certain) that "use merit" would
    enable this priority system.
    It's not necessary for this purpose, just set it to ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    MrC, have you considered making ffmpegsource the default for video decoding? It would clear up
    Yes, that could be an option. But FFMS has been discontinued. And it would be against the philosopy of AVStoDVD to use the system directshow capability.

I would prefer to include some of the Preferred Filter Tweaker features directly in AVStoDVD, such as automatically switch from MS Media Foundiation to ffdshow when AVStoDVD is running.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Yes, that could be an option. But FFMS has been discontinued. And it would be against the philosopy of AVStoDVD to use the system directshow capability.

I would prefer to include some of the Preferred Filter Tweaker features directly in AVStoDVD, such as automatically switch from MS Media Foundiation to ffdshow when AVStoDVD is running.

Bye
    Just curious, you say FFMpegSource is discontinued. I found this website: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
    and they seem to still update FFMpeg or am I mistaken? Or is this something else?

I encountered the issue with tilted video on several other videos too, so my only choice is to use FFMpegSource as it is the only way around it. Only negative with this is that encoding takes longer time. Both when generating dvd menu and encoding of video takes longer time for some reason. But at least it works, so I am glad for that.

//FireWire
    Last edited by FireWire76; 20th Sep 2013 at 11:59.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM

Bye
    Thanks for the info - this would be great if you can get it to work.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by FireWire76 View Post
    Just curious, you say FFMpegSource is discontinued. I found this website: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
    and they seem to still update FFMpeg or am I mistaken? Or is this something else?
    FFmpeg is a big project still running, for our luck!

FFMpegSource is a AviSynth plugin that is basically a porting of FFmpeg decoding capabilities (using libavcodec libraries).

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    this would be great if you can get it to work.
    I will try. And I have awesome debuggers here!

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    this would be great if you can get it to work.
    I will try. And I have awesome debuggers here!
    Have you been working with Win-7 (x86 or x64), which in the past I gather was not the case ? From much of your posted advice of the past year, it sounds like you did become familiar with it. Just curious, since support for XP is due to end next April. Some may continue on with XP regardless -- I don't know. (As long as one kept that particular computer off the internet -- dedicating it to video rendering, for example -- that might not be a problem.) Win-8 is mainly for tablets, and has had a colossal customer-return rate. So I guess 7 is going to become the mainstay for a good while.
    Quote Quote  
  24. @Seeker47

I have a Win7 64bit machine and a Win7 32bit machine, both of them with WinXP virtualized to continue using VB6 and assure the XP support. No Win8.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a self-explanatory question really for which I probably know the answer to but just want to check to make sure.

My auntie is over here in the UK for a holiday. She resides in Washington State, America. I have some videos as you know from my previous posts that she would like to take home with her to watch when she goes back. For this to work for her when she goes back to America, I am assuming I need to make the DVD standard a "NTSC" as opposed to a "PAL?" Is this the case and then will it work for her in her DVD player in America?

Thanks

HB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Heathsideboy View Post
    I am assuming I need to make the DVD standard a "NTSC" as opposed to a "PAL?" Is this the case and then will it work for her in her DVD player in America?
    Yes, I believe that is correct. From what I've read, a plurality of the PAL players seen around the PAL territories will also play NTSC natively. But I don't think the reverse of that was ever true. Some makes and models used here (Oppo in particular comes to mind, along with some no-name brands from the earlier DVD days that were sold here "chipped", to defeat MV and provide that formats conversion in-player with no special tv required) could do this, but it was never the norm. What I don't know is how many other mfr.s may have since followed Oppo's lead. But then, the last couple years it has mainly become the Blu-Ray show, replacing DVD players as what's being sold.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Seeker47

I have a Win7 64bit machine and a Win7 32bit machine, both of them with WinXP virtualized to continue using VB6 and assure the XP support. No Win8.
    Bye
    [Off Topic]

Just curious, _MrC_ --

What is your preferred choice in VM platform ? VMWare, VPC, VirtualBox, or ____ ?
    I need to try this for some recalcitrant older programs that won't even install into W7, and I'm wondering which of these may be the easiest for the (medium-skilled) end user to set up, but is still quite effective ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Heathsideboy View Post
    I am assuming I need to make the DVD standard a "NTSC" as opposed to a "PAL?" Is this the case and then will it work for her in her DVD player in America?
    Yes, I believe that is correct. From what I've read, a plurality of the PAL players seen around the PAL territories will also play NTSC natively. But I don't think the reverse of that was ever true. Some makes and models used here (Oppo in particular comes to mind, along with some no-name brands from the earlier DVD days that were sold here "chipped", to defeat MV and provide that formats conversion in-player with no special tv required) could do this, but it was never the norm. What I don't know is how many other mfr.s may have since followed Oppo's lead. But then, the last couple years it has mainly become the Blu-Ray show, replacing DVD players as what's being sold.

Okay, thanks for confirming that for me. I just wanted to be sure.

HB
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    What is your preferred choice in VM platform ? VMWare, VPC, VirtualBox, or ____ ?
    I need to try this for some recalcitrant older programs that won't even install into W7, and I'm wondering which of these may be the easiest for the (medium-skilled) end user to set up, but is still quite effective ?
    I found Windows Virtual PC (XP mode) under Win7 quite fast and reliable, and you just have to purchase one license of Win7.

Probably VirtualBox is more exhaustive to support and share devices, but you will need both the Win7 and WinXP licences.

[We are going OT]

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote