+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 137
FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 4096
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Heathsideboy View Post
    Encode some short clips to see how it works and find you own value for your particular clip.
    @ Dave,

It's really strange. The first time I put a VOB file into AVStoDVD and followed the steps you mentioned that was; edit title/avisynth tab/deselect auto avisynth script/enhance/select hqdn3d, it was giving me the choice to choose a particular number.

Now I have tried it again by putting in a VOB file except when I uncheck the "Auto AviSynth Script" box and then click "Enhance," everything is greyed out including "hqdn3d," so I cannot check it. Any idea why this is or what I may have done wrong?

Thanks
    by any chance did you check mark "keep dvd compliant mpeg"
    if you did that, you are not allowed to use any processing options, because that would be 're-encoding'
    using the noise filter 're-encodes' the video to remove the noise
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by 2WhlWzrd View Post
    I tried version 2.7.1. with the default settings, and I really liked the new subtitle handling routine. But inevitably ended up with the subtitles being cut off on one device or another. Which brings me to my first question:
    Is there a way to toggle between "manual" and "automatic " positioning of subtitles in version 2.7.1.?
    In releases 2.7.x I have slightly changed the default Y quote for authored subs positioning. I agree with you that they are not the best, especially for widescreen footage. In upcoming release 2.7.2 I will re-optimize them again. Meanwhile do use the 2.6.x releases or find a "compromize" Y value in 2.7.1.

Originally Posted by 2WhlWzrd View Post
    My second question is about .ass subtitles with utf-8 encoding. I have created an .ass subtitle using Aegisub which includes utf-8 characters, I have of course chosen a font that supports these characters and "default" encoding. But what I end up with is ANSI encoded characters instead of utf-8.
    Does 2.6.0 support .ass subtitles with utf-8 characters or not?
    No, it does not. ASS/SSA are converted to SRT before going thru the SRT->SUP routine (by SubtitlesCreator). SRT subs must be in ANSI format for SubtitlesCreator.

I still have not found a free and reliable command line converter from ASS/SSA to SUP. If you do, please let me know!

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suggest you not to work on VOBs, because they are only part of the full DVD footage. It is better to add to AVStoDVD the VTS_01_0.IFO file and let AVStoDVD index the full DVD structure. Then the hqdn3d will be available.
    Once I had put in the "VTS_01_0.IFO" file, the "AVStoDVD - Select Audio File" window came up. It said, "1 Audio files with similar filename found. Please select max 3 of them."

Highlighted below that was a small box that was checked with the line:

C:\Users\myname\AppData\Local\Temp\VTS_01_0.T80.2_ 0ch.256kbps DELAY 0ms.ac3

What is the next step and what should I do when this happens?

@ Theewizard

Where would I see the setting, "keep DVD compliant MPEG?"

Thanks

HB
    Quote Quote  
  4. @HB

just close the small box and you will have the d2v index file and the AC3 audio track added to your project. Now you can customize the title properties as you wish (i.e. adding the hqdn3d filter).

Come on, be a bit more brave and explore AVStoDVD world more alone. Remember you can read the Help section (press F1) and come back here in case of troubles.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ MrC

I will be a little more adventurous once I know it works correctly for me. Let me explain what I did and the outcome.

First I put the VTS_01_0.IFO file into AVStoDVD. Then I chose the hqdn3d filter and set it to 2. While it was being copied, a file showed in my video library as "DVD_0_VTS_01_0.m2v." When it had finished copying, the black screen came up and did its checking and then muxman came up and completed the process. After that, the AVStoDVD Progress Status Window came up and was telling me that the process completed successfully but the "DVD_0_VTS_01_0.m2v" file had disappeared from the video library altogether. All I was left with was the log that I have attached to this post. The file had completely disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere on the computer after it does this.

I have tried this three times now and the same thing happens every time.

Have you any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

HB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, log attached.

HB
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HB,
    the log shows batchmux (authoring step) created something here (Presumably the video_ts folder) :
    D:\My Videos\DVD_0 (3830.4 MB)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    HB,
    the log shows batchmux (authoring step) created something here (Presumably the video_ts folder) :
    D:\My Videos\DVD_0 (3830.4 MB)
    Yes it's there with the other two I did. My fault "durr!" I was looking for a single file and it was in a folder all the time hidden amongst all the other folders. Sorry for being an idiot.

I will now do some experimenting as suggested by MrC.

On the "Enhance" tab where it shows "hqdn3d," there are other boxes with other attributes. Do I need to read up on what these do? For instance, "Sharpen" is one of the boxes. If I chose this, would it do just that and sharpen up the picture?

Thanks

HB
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes,
    sharpen and msharpen, two methods using different algorithms . Don't expect miracles,
    however, careful use can sometimes help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm getting an errorif you try to change the default values in the program preferences to adjust video bitrate higher average birate values it crashes with an error, and quits

Run time error '383':

'text' property is read only

Its a fresh install, in a new folder
    Quote Quote  
  11. @steptoe

default value for Higher Avg BitRate in 'Preferences'/'Video' is 8500 kbps. What value are you selecting from the combo box (available values are from 5000 to 9000 step 100 kbps)?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. @_MrC_

Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible to make AVStoDVD move on to the next job in the list when it encounters an error. For instance, I leave my computer batch converting during the night and sometimes when I check the results in the morning I find that AVStoDVD opened a little window that says it encountered a problem when trying to process the video or the subtitles of some of the projects and instead of moving on to the next project it stops right there, maybe in the 2nd or 3rd job out of 10.

Also, could there be a feature that makes the creation of a .log file optional?

Thank you.
    Last edited by bojaehou; 13th Sep 2013 at 23:26.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_,

Not sure whether I may have inquired about this before:

Right now, it seems like we have the option of either 1) Making a menu with individual Title choices, or 2) No Menu, plays straight through all titles. No wait, there is also one sort of "hybrid" option, via the 'Play All' tab on a menu.

My question comes into play where there are a number of shorter titles, or several sections that are in the form of separate videos (all the same format, resolution, etc.), but which are actually just pieces of what was originally one longer video. Is there (another) way -- with AVS -- to still have the menu, but have these pieces reassembled for playback as one title ? Without having to do this via 'Play All' ? I suppose I could use something like Boilsoft Video Joiner to re-join the pieces first, but would rather not have to do that.

Let's suppose what would end up being the second or third title on the disc is based on 5 pieces, which all together only total less than half an hour. So, when the complete disc has two or three additional short titles, the running time would still be not much more than an hour, and with a good resolution / bitrate. But I'd still like to have that menu. OR, maybe there's some two-step process for making a couple of shorter projects -- separately -- and then combining the asset files into a single disc, with a menu ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  14. @bojaehou

about moving to next job, ok, good suggestion, I will put it in the ToDo list. About optional log file, instead, I would not, because the project log file is too important for debug purpose.

@Seeker47

you can use the 'Tools'/'Join Source Titles' option. I will save an avs file that is the joint of the previously added titles. Just play a bit with that feature.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @bojaehou

about moving to next job, ok, good suggestion, I will put it in the ToDo list. About optional log file, instead, I would not, because the project log file is too important for debug purpose.
    Great, thank you so much _MrC_
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hey im hoping one of you guys can help me with this tiresome problem.

its in 2 parts the main problem and a sub problem not avs related but someone here my know.

i sucsessfully used the program yesterday to make a dvd with menus from avi files with mp3 audio made form a vhs rip recently, i have another i was about to start but put a few AVC/AAC videos i made in vegas into the project also but the audio gave me problems as soon as it started the first avc and closed whilst i was away, if i select no to back up option the video renders but the sound is about 20 times faster, so i treid a few options from threads i just pored over like trying mp2 instead or the ffmpeg coder and "keep compliant" box unchecked as that was stated it copied the audio i had but still the same results , i can go ahead a make the dvd i intended but would really like to put these on too.

before the log the second issues was involving encoding using sony dvd architect 5.0, tbh id rather use this as the functionallity/layout and user friendlyness is better and i can use a start item that plays before the menu, but the quality obviously due to the what ever encoder it uses is awful, the vhs rips werent great but avstodvd kept it the same, there must be some way of getting arcitcht to do this.

error log of just the faild avc (names removed)
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Tape Head; 15th Sep 2013 at 15:52.
    Quote Quote  
  17. @Tape Haed

make sure your system is using ffdshow to decode AAC audio. To understand which codecs is being used, click on 'Codecs'/'Build Directshow Filters Graph'. To force the use of ffdshow in Win7, see Help/FAQ/General/Q1.5

Ah, do not use the PHP formatting to post the log file, just use the forum attach file option.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  18. King i should really read the help files more, many thanks.

i used the tweaker with mpeg2 video settings also and did a few test renders in dvd architecht but still the same poor quality, it blurs a lot and looks like smugged paint, any suggestions as i'd really prefer to use this but since its only with avi vhs copies that render poorly i dont have that much more anyway.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47]

the output AC3 file has 6 channels while the input AAC has only 2 channels. If you do not use ffdhsow as directshow AC3 decoder, you have to setup your AC3 decoder mixer as 2.0 channels configuration.

See Help/FAQ/Audio/Q4.1 but with opposite channels configuration.
    Hi _MrC_,

I've just run into this problem (from post #1186) again. The files in question are MP-4 / AVC / AAC 2-channel. As will be seen in the attached snapshot, I should have all the requisite pieces installed, including Hali and ffdshow. I tried changing both the Audio setting in AVS Preferences from its prior default of 5.1 to 2.0, for each file in question, and I set the job to be handled by ffmpeg for the audio decoding. But still no dice: high-speed Mickey Mouse vocals remain. (This is a Win-7 system, though.)

I went back to your suggested FAQ. How do I get to that ffdshow config screen to change anything ? In the ffdshow directory, I see only one executable -- MAKEAVIS. That clearly ain't it.

I'm going to give CX2D a quick try, to see if it has any better luck rendering the audio for this material, sans Mickey.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Installed.png
Views:	332
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	20086  

When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Big annoying problem!

I am creating DVD from a tv-series and uses mkv-files with subtitles(.srt). I made a custom menu with 3 thumbnails depending on how many episodes on the dvd. I created 3 dvd's so far. But now when creating the 4th I ran into really annoying problems... On this dvd I only have 2 episodes. And created the same menu as on the others. And when the app is about to author it closes with an error referring to log-files in the target folder. But there is no information about any error in those txt-files.
    I have the same problem if I use the menu editor and use Full preview. See: https://forum.videohelp.com/images/imgfiles/mx6jUlB.jpg
    That´s the same error I get when the app is trying to author and then closes. Atleast I think so, the windows closes so fast I am not able to see. I had to be really quick making a screenshot of the error above.

And I don´t get what is wrong...
    So please, help me figure out what the problem is. It only happens when using 2 episodes. I tried making a new project with the same menu and so on and 3 episodes, and no error what so ever.

Best regards
    FireWire
    Quote Quote  
  21. @Seeker47

add again your mp4 title to AVStoDVD, then click on 'Codecs'/'Build Directshow Filters Graph', take the screenshot and post it here.

@FireWire76

let's start from the problematic project log file. Please post it here.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

add again your mp4 title to AVStoDVD, then click on 'Codecs'/'Build Directshow Filters Graph', take the screenshot and post it here.

@FireWire76

let's start from the problematic project log file. Please post it here.

Bye

Directshow Filters Graph: LINK
    Quote Quote  
  23. I watched the video files that were left after the error. And both the video and the menu is all twisted, the picture is tilted 45 degrees to the right... I really don´t understand how this is possible.

Must be something wrong with the mkv-files, but don't understand what. Because they are fully watchable in both VLC and on my standalone media player(Western Digital SMP). It's only when using AVStoDVD this issue occurs, but only to these 2 files. The 8 files before had no issues.

Here is an example from the generated menu, the video becomes the same when watching:

LINK

Suggestions on what could be done to fix this? And why does this happen to an mkv-file in this app, and not when watching in a player?
    Last edited by FireWire76; 17th Sep 2013 at 23:03.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Seeker47]

Hi _MrC_,

O.K., here it is. (I'd still like to know where you go to get into that ffdshow configuration screen . . . . )

[Incidentally, the sped-up "Mickey Mouse effect" was absent in the sound as processed by CX2D. So they must be handling this differently.]
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vid-file Graph.png
Views:	258
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	20092  

Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post

O.K., here it is. (I'd still like to know where you go to get into that ffdshow configuration screen . . . . )
    Which OS? In XP it is
    Start Button/All Programs/ffdshow/audio decoder config
    Quote Quote  
  26. @Seeker47

your system is using Windows standard codecs (Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio) to decode the AAC track included in your MP4 file, instead of using ffdshow. If you are using Windows7, you should download Preferred Filter Tweaker and select ffdshow as AAC decoder in the 32bit section. After that, try again with 'Codecs'/'Build Directshow Filters Graph' to verify that now AAC is properly decoded by ffdshow.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post

Which OS? In XP it is
    Start Button/All Programs/ffdshow/audio decoder config
    Thanks. At the moment, I have two systems running W7 -- one 32-bit, one 64-bit. This was one of those. (A couple of older ones run XP, though those have not been in service much lately.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Seeker47

your system is using Windows standard codecs (Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio) to decode the AAC track included in your MP4 file, instead of using ffdshow. If you are using Windows7, you should download Preferred Filter Tweaker and select ffdshow as AAC decoder in the 32bit section. After that, try again with 'Codecs'/'Build Directshow Filters Graph' to verify that now AAC is properly decoded by ffdshow.
    I'm almost certain that Preferred Filter Tweaker was installed on one of those rigs, but I'll double check.
    Quote Quote  
  29. MrC, thank you again for this great piece of software!

There are a couple of suggestions that popped into my mind:

Audio and video will be out of sync, if PAL speedup is used and the ffmpeg-based backup-routine is needed for audio conversion. It seems to me that audio speedup does not work in FFmpeg Safe Mode. Wouldn't Avisynth + ffmpeg be better backup-routine for PAL speedup?

AVStoDVD downmixes audio to 2 channel stereo, if the source video has 5.0 audio. I know that 5 channel sound without LFE is rare, but I've seen it a couple of times. It would be nice to have a possibility to keep multi-channel audio in this case too.

My third suggestion is also about audio: Downmix.avsi-file has different functions for converting multi-channel audio to 2 channels: stereo, pro logic and pro logic II. I think it would be a good idea to add an option to Preferences – Audio –tab, which lets user to decide which one of those is used in case he/she wants to downmix the audio. By the way, which one AVStoDVD currently uses by default?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by FireWire76 View Post
    I watched the video files that were left after the error. And both the video and the menu is all twisted, the picture is tilted 45 degrees to the right... I really don´t understand how this is possible.

Must be something wrong with the mkv-files, but don't understand what. Because they are fully watchable in both VLC and on my standalone media player(Western Digital SMP). It's only when using AVStoDVD this issue occurs, but only to these 2 files. The 8 files before had no issues.

Here is an example from the generated menu, the video becomes the same when watching:

LINK

Suggestions on what could be done to fix this? And why does this happen to an mkv-file in this app, and not when watching in a player?
    @MrC

Do you have any suggestions on what might cause the issue in the above link? Would really appreciate some help with this.

Best regards,
    FireWire
    Last edited by FireWire76; 18th Sep 2013 at 12:51.
    Quote Quote