Page 52 of 137
FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 4096
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Heathsideboy View Post
    Hi MrC,

Okay I have now uninstalled and reinstalled AVStoDVD and the other necessary programs that go with it. I went through the procedure again according to the instructions and converted some test MP4 files. Just as before, after AVStoDVD went through each title (clip), a warning message came up each time that said the following:

WARNING! Errors found during title 2 Audio Track 1 encoding.
    Audio Channels are incorrect (6 vs 2)
    Do You Want to start Backup Audio Encoding routine (FFmeg Safe Mode)?

Again, it gave me the choice 'Yes' or 'No' each time with a time limit so I chose 'Yes' on each separate clip. Whereas before the clips were showing with no sound, this time they were just showing as files with 'MPEG' on them. When I clicked on them, they did not play at all and showed the message 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.'

Please can you help me? Where am I going wrong? Everybody has been praising the software so I desperately want to get it to work for me but I just can't get it to play without problems.

I have attached the log files for the files I converted.

Thanks

HB
    Check these settings in FFDshow audio config :
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	f1.JPG
Views:	946
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	19527  

Click image for larger version

Name:	f2.JPG
Views:	951
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	19528  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By "Check these settings in FFDshow audio config," do you mean I should check whether they are the same as your screenshots or do you mean that I should literally "Check" all the settings in the little boxes?

I made my settings exactly as shown on your screenshots. Then I tried to convert again but I am still getting the same error messages as described in my previous posts. So far, I have spent nearly 3 weeks on this and still I cannot get this software to work properly. I've heard good things about it but I can't get it to successfully work on my computer at all. All I ever wanted was a software that does not re-encode. Has anybody else got any ideas?

On another note, when first installing AVStoDVD, I just installed as per the settings that were already set on certain parts of the install. Does anybody know if I should have chosen any more of those settings or was I right just to install as is? To give you an example, I've taken a screenshot below of choices. I did not alter or check any further choices as shown in the screenshot, was this the correct action or should I have selected some of the choices shown and if so, what one's?

Thanks

HB

Name:	Choices.jpg
Views:	931
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	19606
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
    MrC,

I went to the page you mentioned and read the information there but I'm afraid I wasn't able to really make use of it. I looked at the ffdshow configuration page but I wasn't able to figure out how to tell it to decode the AAC audio from the .flv file. Secondly, I did download the flv splitter there but couldn't figure out how to use it since Windows says it can not open the file. If you could help me with either one (or both) of those, it would be much appreciated.
    You don't have to look at the ffdshow configuration, but, as explained in the FAQ, you have to install Preferred Filter Tweaker and select ffdshow instead of Microsoft to decode AAC audio.

To install flv splitter, as explained in the download page here at VideoHelp, you have to download the zip file, then extract the .ax file to a folder and then Start->Run and type regsvr32 "C:LocationtoFLVSPlitter.ax" to install it.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  4. @Heathsideboy

don't give up the hope, the clue is just to setup properly your audio directshow filters. Sometimes it can by very tricky, even worst with Windows 7/8, but it can be also useful to expand your knowledge base on the argument. Could you please take a screenshot of 'Codecs'/'Build DirectShow Filters Graph' on the mp4 title?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi MrC,
    I tried to recreate this on my own Windows 7 PC, using an input file with 2-channel aac audio.
    I do have Haali splitter and avisynth installed, but not FFDshow. I ran the file through AVStoDVd and in my case,
    it finished without problems. So in what situation is FFDshow really required?
    He's the graph.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	gr1.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	19612  

Quote Quote  
  6. @Dave

actually ffdshow is not a "hard" requirement for AVStoDVD. In fact I have just added to the installer package since few releases. ffdshow is a "soft" requirement because:

1. it is a very good suite of directshow-based decoding filters

2. (more important) it is easy to adjust the output mixer both with its GUI and at runtime, operating directly in the Win registry on the ffdshow reg key.

Frankly speaking, I do not know ever how to setup the output mixer using Microsoft DVT-DVD Audio Decoder with Win7...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for writing back, MrC.
    Regarding the problem of Heathsideboy, there's a message about the audio from his log:
    WARNING! Errors found during Title 1 Audio Track 1 encoding.
    Audio Channels are incorrect (6 vs 2)
    Backup Audio encoding routine (FFmpeg Safe Mode) is starting ...
    <>

However, in the mediainfo about the file, it shows 2-channel.
    TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: D:\My Videos\007.MP4
    Info: AVC - 11282 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 1:49 minutes - 3273 frames
    Audio 1: D:\My Videos\007.MP4
    Info: AAC LC - 128 kbps - VBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 1:49 minutes (33 ms delay) - EN
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61]

How/Why are 6 channel audio detected?
    Quote Quote  
  8. When using a directshow-based approach, the encoder (i.e. Wavi) outputs a number of channels taken from the current filter output mixer setup. In case of Heathsideboy the output mixer is setup to 6 channels. We still do not know what directshow filter is being used by Heathsideboy system. Surely not ffdshow, because AVStoDVD adjusts its output mixer at runtime. We have 2 paths:

1. understand what directshow filter is being used by Heathsideboy, hence instruct it to use a 2 channels ouptut

or

2. force Heathsideboy system to use ffdshow as directshow audio (AAC) filter

I prefer the latter, because once that ffdshow is correctly configured, the system becomes (amost) rock solid.

Bye

P.S. A ffmpeg-based approach (the backup routine used by AVStoDVD) is instead independent on the directshow output mixer, BUT the audio quality is IMO a little worse.
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MrC & Dave,

Thanks for all your input and trying to help sort my situation out. I have posted the graph you requested, I notice that it is slightly different to the first graph I posted in one of my earlier posts. Hopefully you can tell me what to try next from the graph. I really want to get this to work and see decent pictures from the MP4's converted when burnt to disk.

Thanks so much.

HB

Name:	Capture Desktop-20130827-122941-1.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	19624
    Quote Quote  
  10. @HB

see the audio path, there is a redundancy in the decoding chain: both Microsoft Audio Decoder and ffdshow are processing your audio track. Have you used Preferred Filter Tweaker to force Windows to use ffdshow instead of Microsoft?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,

When downloading the installer, I have a warning sign that shows a red shield with a white cross on it that says,

"Win7DSFilter 5.9.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer."

This happened to me the first time I tried to download it from this link:

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Preferred-Filter-Tweaker

so I tried to download it using MajorGeeks.com but I am still getting the same warning sign before actually downloading fully.

Why is this and what should I do now?

Thanks

HB
    Quote Quote  
  12. Very nicely it is a warning from a resident AntiVirus or AntiSpy software you have installed in your PC. Do not worry, I (as many users) have it installed w/o any reported security problems.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC/ Heathsideboy,
    I noticed if you set the FFdshow audio configuration,
    codecs/uncompressed/all supported, you get the above graph.

FFdshow is active, even though it didn't decode the audio. Is the FFdshow mixer available at that point?
    I tried to find out myself, but my internal setup is only 2-channel, and was unable to recreate the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ MrC - Thanks for the reassurance in downloading "Win7DSFilter Tweaker." I first selected the "Preferred decoders" from the window as shown.

Name:  Tweaker.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  14.0 KB

On the next window being the "Preferred DirectShow decoding filters in Windows 7" window, where "ffdshow" was shown in each case, I selected the radio button next to it. Is this the correct procedure?

Do I need to do anything In "MS Codec Tweaks" as shown on the window above or do I just leave it be?

Same thing with the "Media Foundation" button, do I need to do anything in here?

I have not tried converting just yet, just wanted your advice on the above and if I have done the right things first?

Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    MrC/ Heathsideboy,
    I noticed if you set the FFdshow audio configuration,
    codecs/uncompressed/all supported, you get the above graph.

FFdshow is active, even though it didn't decode the audio. Is the FFdshow mixer available at that point?
    @ Dave - Being a bit green, I'm not quite sure what you mean. Is the FFdshow mixer available at what point in particular?

Thanks

HB
    Last edited by Heathsideboy; 27th Aug 2013 at 18:08.
    Quote Quote  
  15. @HB

just enter the 'Preferred decoders' section and select ffdshow for each 32bit decoders. No need to explore the other sections.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @MrC

I did what you suggested and put two MP4 titles into AVStoDVD as a test. I chose "Muxed MPEG2" as the output file and this time, after the first title had finished, I did not see the error as I did before the start of a new title being converted originally. It then brought up the screen as shown below telling me everything was a success.

Name:	Converted video and audio.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	19759

The only thing was, the converted MPEGs that were showing in my video library, when I clicked on one of them to see if it would play, the message came up "Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file" and the MPEG did not play. Any suggestions on this or is it meant to be like that?

What do I do next in this situation? I have also attached my log for the conversion.

Thanks

HB
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  17. Use Media Player Classic HC to play the mpg instead of Windows Media Player.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @MrC,

We are making progress! Windows Media Classic works fine but there is another slight problem that I'm hoping you can help me with.

Because I am getting sound and vision now and Media Classic plays fine, I decided to try and achieve what I was trying to do in the first place. This was to put some 48 MP4 titles into AVStoDVD. Everything was going well until it came to the 4th title.

On this title (4/48) the process was aborted and that particular title was shown in my video library but it played with no sound. The previous three titles were fine. So I tried again putting all the titles in for a second time but I left out the clip that was aborted that had no sound.

It aborted again exactly on the 4th title (4/44) just as before and as previously described. The 4th title again played with no sound even though this was not the same clip as the one I left out that originally was the 4th title. I hope that makes sense.

So I decided to put the two original MP4 clips that when converted originally as described above were aborted and had no sound, back into AVStoDVD on their own. This time, they both came out perfectly with vision and sound and played fine.

So when I put the 48 clips in, it seems to abort after every fourth clip for some reason, but if you put the clips in separately, then it will work. Have you seen this problem before and do you know how I can stop this from happening so that all the clips play properly the first time around? I have attached the logs for the two times that I tried to convert.

Thanks

HB
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Heathsideboy; 29th Aug 2013 at 13:38.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Use Media Player Classic HC to play the mpg instead of Windows Media Player.
    For reliable cross-check purposes, one player is never enough. Best to have at least 2 or 3 on call. (Not counting the stock WMP, whose UI has gotten so bad that I never use it anymore.) Choose from MPC_HC or MPC_BE, VLC, Daum, and possibly a couple others. Most of these are now self-contained codecs-wise, and available in portable versions, so there should not be any system or "interference" issues between them. You might be surprised at how often a particular result with one player is not repeatable in the others. I frequently run into examples where the subs are just not showing up in VLC (generally my Go-To player), despite having been properly selected in the menus, but there they are in MPC, so I can be sure they are present and should be working when burned to disc.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  20. In both trials the abort is during the mux phase. In both cases the 4th title is very short (10s or less). I fear that ImagoMPEG-Muxer (the app used to mux m2v video and ac3 audio to produce the single mpg file) has some trouble in doing that. Would you try with only 20+ seconds clips?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ Seeker47

So are you saying; with my current problem mentioned in my previous post, the fault may be with the actual player? Are you saying; that is why I am getting some titles that won't perform properly after being converted in AVStoDVD because of the actual player format itself?

Just to be clear, I should download a few different players and try again with those undertaking the same procedure as explained in my previous post?

Thanks

HB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In both trials the abort is during the mux phase. In both cases the 4th title is very short (10s or less). I fear that ImagoMPEG-Muxer (the app used to mux m2v video and ac3 audio to produce the single mpg file) has some trouble in doing that. Would you try with only 20+ seconds clips?
    Ah, so that is why they aborted. Yes, I must admit, some of the clips are rather short. I shall give it another go and make sure the clips are at least the length that you say and report back.

Thanks

HB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In both trials the abort is during the mux phase. In both cases the 4th title is very short (10s or less). I fear that ImagoMPEG-Muxer (the app used to mux m2v video and ac3 audio to produce the single mpg file) has some trouble in doing that. Would you try with only 20+ seconds clips?
    @ MrC

I just suddenly realised, if you read one of my previous posts, I re-converted the two clips that you are saying were too short and they came out fine when I put them in on their own the second time. So surely it cannot be anything to do with the "mux phase."

I have attached the log for those two short clips that were put in together and played normally the second time.

Thanks

HB
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Heathsideboy; 30th Aug 2013 at 06:37.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Heathsideboy View Post
    @ Seeker47

So are you saying; with my current problem mentioned in my previous post, the fault may be with the actual player? Are you saying; that is why I am getting some titles that won't perform properly after being converted in AVStoDVD because of the actual player format itself?

Just to be clear, I should download a few different players and try again with those undertaking the same procedure as explained in my previous post?

Thanks

HB
    Not necessarily, in regard to the issues you described. I'm just saying that different players can behave differently with the same program material. I simply find it valuable to be able to do cross-checks, to rule that out as a consideration. I occasionally come across some video material that won't play properly -- or at all -- in any of my players, and at that point I feel pretty confident in concluding that there must be something wrong with that video source file. Other times, there may be some issue that does not seem to be repeatable, from one to the others. (Since you are making compliant DVDs with a program like AVS, the playability of the final disc in a hardware player is going to be the ultimate arbiter.)
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  25. @HB

I would suggest you to output the title as separate m2v+ac3 files ('Output'/'Elementary MPEG2 Streams'), then, in case of need, multiplex them to mpg with ImagoMPEG-Muxer on a separate stage.

Meanwhile I will investigate more deeply the issue.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @HB

I would suggest you to output the title as separate m2v+ac3 files ('Output'/'Elementary MPEG2 Streams'), then, in case of need, multiplex them to mpg with ImagoMPEG-Muxer on a separate stage.

Meanwhile I will investigate more deeply the issue.
    @ MrC,

Your suggestion worked! Using the output 'Elementary MPEG2 Streams,' I now have all 48 titles processed as separate m2v+ac3 files. Then I'm guessing your suggestion of multiplexing them to MPEG using ImagoMPEG-Muxer is reasonably simple to do although I have not downloaded the software to do that yet. Do I need any tips to convert the m2v+ac3 files in this software?

On another completely different subject, I have now had two VHS tapes transferred to DVD. These both belong to my mother-in-law though, as I had them done for her. If I wanted to copy the DVD so that it will be exactly the same as the original, how would I do this using AVStoDVD and putting the files on my computer? Step-by-step instructions would be appreciated here. I have an idea how it's done but I just want to be sure and that it is not re-encoded so that the content deteriorates.

Thanks and let me know if you found anything about the original issue.
    Just another thought, can I convert direct from the DVD being in my DVD drive using AVStoDVD?
    HB (still learning )
    Last edited by Heathsideboy; 30th Aug 2013 at 16:21.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Heathsideboy View Post
    Then I'm guessing your suggestion of multiplexing them to MPEG using ImagoMPEG-Muxer is reasonably simple to do...
    Simple. Add the M2V, add the AC3, mux. 48 different times, though.
    If I wanted to copy the DVD so that it will be exactly the same as the original, how would I do this using AVStoDVD
    You wouldn't need Avs2DVD. Drag-and-drop the files into a VIDEO_TS folder. Burn using ImgBurn in Mode->Ez-Mode Picker (should be default)->Write files/folders to disc->Browse for a folder (find that VIDEO_TS folder)->Build (that blue arrow thing at the bottom).

There are links to guides on the ImgBurn page as well.
    Quote Quote  
  28. @HB

no need to download ImagoMPEG-Muxer, because you can find it in the AVStoDVD folder. It is the app used by AVStoDVD to multiplex m2v and ac3.

About the DVD, if you want to make an exact copy (with all the structure) to your hard drive you may use DVDShrink or the method explained by manono. Instead if you want to extract the video and audio streams (m2v/ac3) you can use the 'Tools'/'Parse DVD' option from AVStoDVD.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was playing around with a file, encoded a short clip like I always do to check the quality,
    and was surprised that the output had no audio (almost none - there was a strange gurgling noise in the background).
    The file was mp4/AVC/AAC. I had AVStoDVD audio source filter A2Dsource in the preferences. I set it to FFmpegsource
    and this time the audio was produced normally.

I set it back to a2dsource to see if I could find the problem. Updated to the latest Haali splitter, no change.
    Went into the FFdshow audio config and changed the aac setting from Libavcodec to Libfaad2.
    Now audio was good. Perhaps Libavcodec has problems with certain aac streams?

I have FFdshow version 4422 installed.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys,

Thank you all for the invaluable advice. I have taken notes on them. If I get stuck, or I need any other advice on this or anything else to do with this type of thing, I will be back as Arnie says

@ MrC: please let me know if there is a problem with the original way I tried to encode the video using AVStoDVD and if so, please let me know if you fix it.

Cheers
    Quote Quote