+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 137
FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 4096
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    What is the reason for the error "The detected frame rate is invalid. Please enter it manually" ?

O.K., fine, so I call up the Codec Info tool in VLC, take the frame rate it reports, then put that value in manually, and all seems to be well. (Almost all: the already-present hardcoded subs in the .MKV file still cause AVS to bomb out at the subs stage, with generation of a 0 bytes in size attempted .Sup file. So I had to delete the phantom file, then do a second pass to combine just the .m2v and .acs assets files. After that, all was well.)

The framerate value on this last one that I entered manually was 26.280518. The one before that was 26.something else. However non-standard that may be (?), it can still lead to the end result of an acceptable and viewable dvd.

Perhaps this is due to a variable frame rate. Does mediainfo give any more information?
    Quote Quote  
  2. @theewizard

before testing the sample ts, have you tried with 2.7.1?

@HB

ffdshow is not used, instead the standard Microsoft codecs (not the best...) are in use in your system. Have a look at: Help/FAQ/General/Q1.5

@Seeker47

the msgbox "The detected frame rate is invalid. Please enter it manually" pops out when MediaInfo library is not able to detect the framerate of the source title, hence it is asked to the user to enter it manually. Your workaround to use VLC as backup fremerate reader is nice! Do you have the possibility to send me a portion of one of those mkv with uncommon fps?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    have not tried 2.7.1 yet
    i have not done any video work for several days
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    @Davexnet,

I just found MediaInfo Lite, which I wasn't previously aware of, thanks to a review in the Tools Section here. It confirms that the Frame Rate Mode for those files is Variable.

Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post

@Seeker47

the msgbox "The detected frame rate is invalid. Please enter it manually" pops out when MediaInfo library is not able to detect the framerate of the source title, hence it is asked to the user to enter it manually. Your workaround to use VLC as backup fremerate reader is nice! Do you have the possibility to send me a portion of one of those mkv with uncommon fps?
    Hi _MrC_,

I would be glad to scissor out a piece of the MKV file for you, but would need detailed instructions on how to do that. I have Avidemux, Solveig, VDUB, Machete Lite, and various other tools here, but (quite honestly) about the only such tool that I've gained any competency with so far is the discontinued Movica, which is for WMV only. And that was mainly due to its sheer simplicity. Also, I seem to recall that the last time you had me excise a piece of an MKV (no recollection of how, at this point), it did not retain the AVS-crashing quality that we were trying to isolate.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here are the logs for menu test with video background, using ver 2.7.1

process aborted audio title one

no matter what files were used, i changed tilte files and for the sake of brevity only tested with ONE title
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. @Seeker47

open Avidemux
    open the mkv title
    use the '[A' and '][B' icons to select the portion of the mkv you want to remove
    click on 'Edit'/'Cut'
    leave 'Copy' for Video and Audio
    select 'MKV' as Format
    save the new smaller mkv

@theewizard

interesting (...I would say weird). Do you have the possibility to upload a portion of the mp4 file? BTW, are there any reason you are using 'FFmpeg (Safe Mode)' instead of 'Wavi+Aften' for AC3 audio encoding? And 'FFMpegSource' instead of 'A2DSource'?

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 18th Aug 2013 at 16:12. Reason: typo
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    may have switched it once for a problem file ( audio out of sync )
    and did not change back

I will change it and try again
    but shouldn't it have been in default mode, running the new No install of ver 2.7.1
    Last edited by theewizard; 18th Aug 2013 at 19:30.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here is 15 seconds of the video used as title one in the menu test
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  9. Both with 'Wavi+Aften' and with 'FFmpeg (Safe Mode)' as AC3 Audio Encoders, I was able to complete the projects w/o errors. I have used the mp4 file as single title and the ts file as DVD Menu video background.

I would suggest you to try with 'A2DSource' and with 'Wavi+Aften'. They are the default values on a fresh installation, but you have already used AVStoDVD, hence your Preferences were saved in the registry. You can reset the Preferences by using the 'Option'/'Restore Default Preferences'.

Bye
    Image Attached Files
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i will try reset to default and see what happens

thank you

at least i know it is not a 'file format' error
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    still aborting, used 2.7.1 and restored to default
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  12. Actually the log file reports 2.6.0 release... with 2.7.1 release you can also test the 'Full Preview' of menu in DVD Menu Editor.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the menu editor crashes when i try full preview with a video backgrd

also gives me ffmpeg has stopped working

why?

when defaults are ad2source
    Quote Quote  
  14. I'm not a wizard, no clarvoyance ability... Since I cannot replicate the issue, I just can help for generic troubleshooting:

1. Does FFmpeg crash with every kind of video background (ts, avi, mkv, etc.)?
    2. Does the issue appear with Motion Menu and picture background too (no video background)?
    3. Do you have the possibility to replicate on another PC?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does not crash with still picture back grd and motion menu titles

does crash with ts, avi, mpeg background video

i notice there is no option for video background with out motion menu
    unless its text only titl
    cannot choose video background if motion menu is not selected

motion menu titles work

video background aborts every time near end of authoring process

is there something missing that i need to install or add to avi2dvd
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great work MrC, I've only started to use AVStoDVD a few days ago, but it's giving much better, higher quality results than ConvertXtoDVD, which I've been using for years.

I've run into a small bug though, if you change the "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" display option in Windows 7 to anything larger than the default 100%, you get an error when starting the program saying "Warning! Errors found during Skins Icons loading!". It's still usable, just that it's somewhat ugly and confusing.

I hope this can be fixed in an update in the future
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I Converted a 600+ MB video file last night from .flv to MPEG 2. Something obviously went wrong during the encoding as the video came out very strange and distorted with everything shifted about 45 degrees to the right. I got an error message indicating that there was a problem with the audio (See log file below.) but no mention of a video problem. I viewed the 10 minute file and the audio is fine but as mentioned, the video was quite strange. I looked through the log file and saw nothing to indicate that there was a problem with the video, but maybe I just didn't recognize what I was looking at. In addition to the log file, I've posted a shot of what the video looks like. Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem would be very much appreciated.

<8/19/2013 10:04:00 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 672/4450 MB (15%)
    DVD Output Setup: MPEG2 File
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: I:\Video
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Video Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS Audio Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    Frame Adjust Strategy: 1
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Video Resolution: 1
    Video BitRate Min: 4500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 6500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: J: BENQ DVD LS DW1655 BCIB
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: P:\Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.flv
    Info: AVC - 1132 kbps - 854x480 - DAR 1.779 - 25 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 10:39 minutes - 16000 frames
    Audio 1: P:\Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.flv
    Info: AAC LC - 96 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 44100 Hz - 10:39 minutes (0 ms delay)
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("P:\Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.flv", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=25, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("P:\Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.flv", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.Spline16Resize(720,480)
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS

Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)
    Audio = Audio.Normalize()

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: FFmpeg CBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 648.5 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -i "C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv_1.avs" -threads 3 -aspect 16:9 -c:v mpeg2video -b:v 8500k -minrate 8500k -maxrate 8500k -bufsize 2000k -dc 10 -y "I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.m2v"
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:07:29 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Source Filter: A2DSource (DirectShowSource)
    Created File: I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.m2v (648.4 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8500 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 25 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 10:39 minutes - 15999 frames
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:07:29 PM>
    START PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown Parameters: "I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.m2v" -srcfps 25.000 -destfps 29.97 -inplace -tff
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:07:56 PM>
    END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown executed on File: I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.m2v (648.4 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8500 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 10:39 minutes - 19178 frames
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:07:56 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\Roy\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 256 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv_1.ac3"
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:11:47 PM>
    WARNING! Errors found during Title 1 Audio Track 1 encoding.
    Audio Channels are incorrect (6 vs 2)
    Backup Audio encoding routine (FFmpeg Safe Mode) is starting ...
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:11:47 PM>
    START FFMPEG (SAFE MODE) AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -threads 3 -i "P:\Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.flv" -map 0:1 -y -vn -acodec ac3 -ar 48000 -ab 256k "I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv_1.ac3"
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:11:53 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Audio Source Filter: A2DSource (DirectShowSource)
    Created File: I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv_1.ac3 (19.5 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 256 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 10:39 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:11:53 PM>
    START MUXING OPERATIONS
    ImagoMPEG-Muxer Parameters: "I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.m2v" "I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv_1.ac3" -o "I:\Video"
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:12:03 PM>
    END MUXING OPERATIONS
    Created File: I:\Video\DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.mpg (679.1 MB)
    <>

<8/19/2013 10:12:04 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.7.1
    <>
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DVD_8_Prelude and Fugue in D, BWV 532.flv.bmp
Views:	498
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	19455  

Image Attached Files
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  18. @theewizard

Do you have the possibility to replicate the issue on another PC? And remember, there's no need to go thru the whole encoding process, with release 2.7.1 you can easily test the DVD Menu output with the 'Full Preview' option.

@crackerbear

Thanks for the kind words. About the icons issue, take a look at Help/FAQ/GUI/Q2.6.

@ganymede

Could you please take a screenshot of 'Codecs'/'Build DirectShow Filters Graph' on the flv title?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @HB

ffdshow is not used, instead the standard Microsoft codecs (not the best...) are in use in your system. Have a look at: Help/FAQ/General/Q1.5

Hi MrC,

I downloaded what you suggested, chose ffdshow where necessary and tried again. Still I had the problem of no sound. What I have done is uninstalled AVDtoDVD and all the necessary components that go with it. Once I have reinstalled from your homepage, I will try it again and let you know the outcome. I'm hoping that this will sort it out.

On another note, I believe I chose 'ActiveX' when downloading, I may be wrong here. With ActiveX live, I am finding on some programs, error messages are coming up saying do you really want to use 'ActiveX' controls? The computer then goes on a go slow until I get rid of these security warnings. Do I really need ActiveX? How can I rid my computer of this?

Thanks

HB
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. About the icons issue, take a look at Help/FAQ/GUI/Q2.6.
    The workaround works, but it's a strange bug that changing the display size breaks the icons. Anyway, thanks for the fast reply and developing the software
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sorry only one PC
    like i said the menu preview crashes with 'ffmpeg has stopped working'
    when trying to use video background
    no log for preview, so thats all the info i can give

i've gotten along just fine without video backgrounds
    so i guess i will continue to do so

thanks for a great product
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hello, I have a strange situation when trying to add external subtitles (.srt or .sup) to an AVStoDVD project: AVS detects them when I add the video file (when the name on both files is the same) but when I click to add them AVS shows that no subtitle was added to the project AND the subtitle file is deleted from my computer!... the same happens if I right click on the project and use "Add Subtitles...".
    I'm using Windows 8 (up to date) and AVStoDVD 2.7.1 (by the way, I also noticed, when I changed to this new version, that there appears to be a bug that a couple of other people a few pages back also mentioned: if you don't change the default subtitle position on AVS then the subtitles run out of the screen).

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hello. I'm fairly new to using Avstodvd. I was trying to convert some .mkv files with subs into a DVD with subs. Everything seemed great during the intial process. When I added the files avstodvd recognized subs and allowed me to save and attach the .ass files to the project. I did so and burned them to a dvd. The DVD plays fine, audio and visual is good, but my subtitles are gone. What am I doing wrong? Why are my subtitles not there? Thanks

'13:01:05' New AVStoDVD Project started!
    '13:01:08' MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61 initialized.
    '13:01:08' Title 1 "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_01_[720p][10bit][E2B286B6].mkv" added.
    '13:01:26' Subs "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_01_[720p][10bit][E2B286B6]_EN.ass" added to Title 1.
    '13:02:11' MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61 initialized.
    '13:02:11' Title 2 "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_02_[720p][10bit][26F41121].mkv" added.
    '13:02:26' Subs "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_02_[720p][10bit][26F41121]_EN.ass" added to Title 2.
    '13:02:35' MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61 initialized.
    '13:02:35' Title 3 "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_03_[720p][10bit][CA6F22B7].mkv" added.
    '13:02:52' Subs "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_03_[720p][10bit][CA6F22B7]_EN.ass" added to Title 3.
    '13:02:57' MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61 initialized.
    '13:02:57' Title 4 "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_04_[720p][10bit][493EE9A1].mkv" added.
    '13:03:16' Subs "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_04_[720p][10bit][493EE9A1]_EN.ass" added to Title 4.
    '13:03:28' MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61 initialized.
    '13:03:28' Title 5 "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_05v2_[720p][10bit][A646DCB1].mkv" added.
    '13:03:41' Subs "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_05v2_[720p][10bit][A646DCB1]_EN.ass" added to Title 5.
    '13:03:47' MediaInfoLib - v0.7.61 initialized.
    '13:03:47' Title 6 "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_06_[720p][10bit][D0E52C94].mkv" added.
    '13:04:01' Subs "C:\Documents and Settings\AC\My Documents\Gundam\[sage]_Mobile_Suit_Gundam_AGE_-_06_[720p][10bit][D0E52C94]_EN.ass" added to Title 6.
    '13:04:14' DVD Output Setup changed from 'DVD Folder' to 'Burn DVD'
    '13:04:25' AVStoDVD Project started.
    '13:04:25' Title 1 video encoding operations started.
    '13:17:56' Title 1 video encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:17:56' Title 1 audio encoding operations started.
    '13:18:15' Title 1 encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:18:15' Title 1 subs encoding operations started.
    '13:18:22' Title 1 subs encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:18:22' Title 2 video encoding operations started.
    '13:31:46' Title 2 video encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:31:46' Title 2 audio encoding operations started.
    '13:31:59' Title 2 encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:31:59' Title 2 subs encoding operations started.
    '13:31:59' Title 2 subs encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:31:59' Title 3 video encoding operations started.
    '13:45:30' Title 3 video encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:45:30' Title 3 audio encoding operations started.
    '13:45:45' Title 3 encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:45:45' Title 3 subs encoding operations started.
    '13:45:45' Title 3 subs encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:45:45' Title 4 video encoding operations started.
    '13:59:09' Title 4 video encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:59:09' Title 4 audio encoding operations started.
    '13:59:22' Title 4 encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:59:22' Title 4 subs encoding operations started.
    '13:59:22' Title 4 subs encoding operations ended successfully.
    '13:59:22' Title 5 video encoding operations started.
    '14:12:39' Title 5 video encoding operations ended successfully.
    '14:12:39' Title 5 audio encoding operations started.
    '14:12:54' Title 5 encoding operations ended successfully.
    '14:12:54' Title 5 subs encoding operations started.
    '14:12:54' Title 5 subs encoding operations ended successfully.
    '14:12:54' Title 6 video encoding operations started.
    '14:26:14' Title 6 video encoding operations ended successfully.
    '14:26:14' Title 6 audio encoding operations started.
    '14:26:26' Title 6 encoding operations ended successfully.
    '14:26:26' Title 6 subs encoding operations started.
    '14:26:27' Title 6 subs encoding operations ended successfully.
    '14:26:27' DVD authoring operations started.
    '14:34:57' DVD authoring operations ended successfully.
    '14:35:11' DVD burning operations started.
    '14:50:07' DVD burning operations ended successfully.
    '14:50:07' AVStoDVD Project ended successfully.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by nsiops View Post
    The DVD plays fine, audio and visual is good, but my subtitles are gone. What am I doing wrong? Why are my subtitles not there?
    Not to insult your intelligence, but did you turn them on, either with the remote control if playing in your standalone DVD player, or when using some software DVD player? Ordinarily they're not turned on by default (unless you set your player up to do so, or leave the command to do so in the DVD).
    Quote Quote  
  25. Lol. No I knew I should have said that in my original post. But YES!, I did turn on the subtitles with my dvd players remote to make sure they were on. Still nothing appears.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps the default position is too low and they're off the screen?
    Last edited by davexnet; 21st Aug 2013 at 23:26.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,

I've attached a picture of the graph that you requested. For whatever it may be worth, I encoded that same .flv file with Mediacoder and it worked just fine. No problem. But I wanted to normalize the audio, so I decided to use AVStoDVD instead since Mediacoder has no ability to normalize the audio.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Codecs_Build Directshow_html_6ff93112.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	19472  

ganymede
    Quote Quote  
  28. @HB

Microsoft Visual Basic ActiveX controls are used only by Visual Basic 6.0 based software. They are included in WinXP but not in latest Win7/8. They do not harm the system, since they are just add-on libraries containing routines called by Visual Basic applications. Never heard that a user had to remove them because of any reasons.

@crackerbear

next AVStoDVD release will include the FAQ workaround directly at runtime.

@theewizard

I'm sorry not to be able to help more, but I really cannot replicate the issue. If you will have the chance to test another PC (a friend, a relative, etc), let me know.

@nsiops

please attach here the .log file produced by AVStoDVD in the output folder, not the Operation Log coming from AVStoDVD main screen.

@ganymede

the audio section is being decoded by Microsoft Audio Decoder and not by ffdshow. Take a look at Help/FAQ/General/Q1.5. Moreover I would suggest to install flvsplitter.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,

I went to the page you mentioned and read the information there but I'm afraid I wasn't able to really make use of it. I looked at the ffdshow configuration page but I wasn't able to figure out how to tell it to decode the AAC audio from the .flv file. Secondly, I did download the flv splitter there but couldn't figure out how to use it since Windows says it can not open the file. If you could help me with either one (or both) of those, it would be much appreciated.
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi MrC,

Okay I have now uninstalled and reinstalled AVStoDVD and the other necessary programs that go with it. I went through the procedure again according to the instructions and converted some test MP4 files. Just as before, after AVStoDVD went through each title (clip), a warning message came up each time that said the following:

WARNING! Errors found during title 2 Audio Track 1 encoding.
    Audio Channels are incorrect (6 vs 2)
    Do You Want to start Backup Audio Encoding routine (FFmeg Safe Mode)?

Again, it gave me the choice 'Yes' or 'No' each time with a time limit so I chose 'Yes' on each separate clip. Whereas before the clips were showing with no sound, this time they were just showing as files with 'MPEG' on them. When I clicked on them, they did not play at all and showed the message 'Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.'

Please can you help me? Where am I going wrong? Everybody has been praising the software so I desperately want to get it to work for me but I just can't get it to play without problems.

I have attached the log files for the files I converted.

Thanks

HB
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Heathsideboy; 23rd Aug 2013 at 09:00.
    Quote Quote