VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 137
FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 4096
Thread
  1. Hi Yihaa and welcome there.

There is not the possibility to adjust the subtitles position in a "soft" way using the GUI. But you can tweak the SubtitleCreator setup:

1. Locate the file \AVStoDVD\SubtitleCreator\Data\Profiles.xml
    2. Edit the proper profile with your new settings
    3. Change the file attribute to "read only", so that AVStoDVD will not overwrite it
    4. Run the project

Let me know if you need more assistance

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone!
    Mr. C, this is a great program. I posted over at Doom9 I believe that I had an issue removing the title and menu label.
    I figured that one out by deleting the words and then pressing the space bar over the first letter, which seems to remove it.
    I had another question regarding the menu. I thought with the play button used on the menu that would be highlighted when one wished to start the dvd, but it seems that middle of the screen is highlighted, and only if you click on the play button that is when it is highlighted. Is there a setting I need to fix or is this a bug?
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    With regards to my attempts to upmix, I'm almost there to test it but need to get the filename of the source so I can pass the .ac3 file onto the upmix script.

How to I get the current project filename from AVStoDVD so I can tell the upmixer where the audio source is that is going to be upmixed

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks a lot for your help sofar.
    I changed some values in the profiles .xml
    after trying them out in Subtitle Creator.
    Now I'll do some conversions to get it all right
    and tune .xml further if needed.
    I'll let you know the result.

greetz Yihaa
    Last edited by Yihaa; 9th Feb 2013 at 04:44.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Mr C. it is as you said.

It worked perfectly..

Go to: Program Files>AVStoDVD>Subtitle Creator>Data
    right click the profiles.xml file and choose take ownership.
    Open the profiles.xml file with notepad and adapt the values to your liking.
    Close notepad and select save and replace etc.
    Then right click profiles.xml again and select properties.
    Select read only to prevent AVStoDVD GUi to change the file back again.

For those who'd like to copy and paste my values:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>

<Profiles>
    <Profile Name="AVStoDVD NTSC 16:9">
    <Font Name="Verdana" Size="18" Style="Regular" Outline="4" />
    <Window DistanceToLeftBorder="55" DistanceToTopBorder="415" Width="600" />
    <Stretch Horizontal="100" Vertical="125" />
    <LineHeight Value="100" />
    <Formatting Lines="3" Wrap="True" VerticalAlignment="3" VerticalFont="False" />
    </Profile>
    <Profile Name="AVStoDVD PAL 16:9">
    <Window DistanceToLeftBorder="55" DistanceToTopBorder="4315" Width="600" />
    <Stretch Horizontal="100" Vertical="125" />
    <Formatting Lines="3" Wrap="True" VerticalAlignment="3" VerticalFont="False" />
    </Profile>
    <Profile Name="AVStoDVD PAL 4:3">
    <Stretch Horizontal="100" Vertical="100" />
    <Formatting Lines="2" Wrap="True" VerticalAlignment="3" VerticalFont="False" />
    </Profile>
    <Profile Name="AVStoDVD NTSC 4:3">
    <Stretch Horizontal="100" Vertical="100" />
    <Formatting Lines="2" Wrap="True" VerticalAlignment="3" VerticalFont="False" />
    </Profile>
    </Profiles>

Once more thanks to Mr C.

and grtz to all here at Videohelp.
    Last edited by Yihaa; 10th Feb 2013 at 11:30.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @stargatesuite

I'm not sure to have understood what is your request, but, if you want to have the 'Play All' button highlighted by default, you can use the 'DVD Menu Wizard'/'Template'/'Force Play All button selection' option. Otherwise please elaborate better the request.

@steptoe

you should know the source (video or audio or both) filename: every users should know what they are going to convert... or am I missing anything?

@Yihaa

I'm glad you have fixed it. Thanks for sharing your subs profiles.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-02-10_11-06-08.gif
Views:	380
Size:	5.59 MB
ID:	16193I tried to make the force play button feature work, but the middle of the screen still is highlighted when you mouse over it. The play button will still light up when you mouse over it. I'll try to burn it to disc to see if this occurs on a tv. Not a huge issue, just curious.
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for fixing the queue list bug and adding the ability to run encodes overnight now with a bigger job list

Another suggestion I found while making a 15 batch job, an import/export job list could do with being added now. Just in case something goes screwy then you don't have to start all over again

Especially if you add custom filters to the projects avisynth settings such as toon() to boost animation quality or RemoveGrain to try to reduce the grain that blu-rays have or encoding ancient sources that are very grainy to start with

I'm also looking using AvstoDVD for my Laurel and Hardy collection that could do with tweaking to remove some more grain and scratches from the original sources, which means looking into more advanced scratch removal and yet more external filters or even trying to get to work on how to use TemporalDenoiseMOD script I sent you with the masses of external plugins
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_,

What is my best approach in the following scenario ? (I'm just winging an attempt while typing this, unsure if it is right at all.) I have an existing DVD structure (complete with menus, etc.), or an ISO of one. All it needs is English subs, which I also have, separately, as an .Srt file. I'd prefer not to re-encode anything . . . which is probably what I'm doing right now, with AVS. I just want to add in the English subs.

I tried to re-use the existing VOB etc. assets, but the program seems to want to run everything through DGindex, so I'm letting it do so. The resulting estimated bitrate was way too low, so I've tossed everything but the film proper overboard, to get this back to a good level. In another hour or so, I should know how it turned out, assuming the process goes to completion successfully.

Am I going about this the right way ? Maybe AVS isn't even the right tool for this job ? If not, I could always try the WD-TV Live, or see if the Oppo can play the elements together somehow. This happens to be a PAL film, which might be more of an impediment for the former.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  10. @Seeker47

1. Go to 'Tools'/'Parse DVD'
    2. Select the folder containing the IFO/VOB files
    3. Select only the video/audio/subs streams you want and demux
    4. Import the demuxed streams (m2v, ac3, sup) into AVStoDVD main window
    5. Add the srt file
    6. Run the project

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

5. Add the srt file
    6. Run the project

Bye
    Thanks, _MrC_. I thought the way I was doing it was probably wrong, and the result seems to have confirmed it. Somehow the original menu survived, even though I thought I had discarded it, but it was non-functional. The only way to play this was each VOB directly, one after the other. I'll scratch that attempt and redo it as you suggest.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Hello _MrC_ and everyone,

I just switched from DVDFlick to AVS2DVD which seems intuitive, simple and nice but I was looking for a feature I didn't find in DVDFlick, that is : make menus with selection from chapters of the same title. This is quite a rife situation, for example for a concert, where there's only one source with many chapters with each song. Is it possible with your tool ?
    Thanks anyway for your great tool !
    fredo46
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi fredo46 and welcome there.

About your question see Help/FAQ/Authoring/Q6.2

Sorry

MrC
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

5. Add the srt file
    6. Run the project

Bye

This worked, and I think the result was fine, but the job processing took enough time that I'm thinking it must have re-encoded everything. Yes ? No ?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    This worked, and I think the result was fine, but the job processing took enough time that I'm thinking it must have re-encoded everything. Yes ? No ?
    Look at the log file. Or post it here.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. Hello _MrC_ and ROW,

i use verion 2.6.0 and have some trouble with the menu highlighting. for some reason the the highlight frame (solid or underline) does not apear in the final menu. no errors in log file.

what can i do, to get this to work?

thanks for an answer
    akxx
    Quote Quote  
  17. @akxx

have you tried to use the arrows with your remote control?

The log file may help, even if you got no errors.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  18. Hello _MrC_,

thanks for your answere!

remote control works, but the highlighting doesnot move when i move to the next thumb.
    well, most times i use vlc and there i seen no highlichting at all, allthough clicking on the thumb open the correct film/chapter

akxx
    Quote Quote  
  19. @akxx

if remote control works, I assume that also highlights should be moving. Try to change the color of highlight selection and play (DVD Menu Wizard), and/or the highlight frame format, to improve the contrast with the thumbs.

If VLC does not display highlights, but the standalone DVD player does, you should complain with VLC author.

Personally I use MPC-BE as media player and I get full matching.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ADDborders aka padding left & right side of video with out cropping

the file i want to convert is 600*480 5:4, this appears to be a reduced/resized from 720*576 ?

avs2dvd wants to crop it 70 pixels top and bottom

i would prefer to pad it on the sides, but I see no option for that,

or can i use 'minus' numbers in the manual 'crop' setup to pad the video,

if so what are the correct numbers, 60 on each side for 720*480

or 20 on each side for 640*480
    Last edited by theewizard; 28th Feb 2013 at 12:04.
    Quote Quote  
  21. @theewizard

what program do you want to use? avi2dvd (which I do not know) or avs2dvd (which already does what you need with addborders)?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    your prgm...avs2dvd

i did not see addborders in the selection boxes,

i assume this means editing the avisynth script, i just want to do it correctly, the first time
    whichever command it takes with the proper syntax and correct vlaues
    instead of trial and error
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    the file i want to convert is 600*480 5:4, this appears to be a reduced/resized from 720*576 ?

if so what are the correct numbers, 60 on each side for 720*480

or 20 on each side for 640*480
    Neither, if you want to keep the aspect ratio. If what you say is true (reduced/resized from 720*576), just resize it to 720x480. Pad it with nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the video is 600*480 at 25fps

"Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480,0,70,0,-70)
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS"

please expand/explain this line

"Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480,0,70,0,-70)"

it appears to me to be cropping the video, there is NO option for selecting 5:4, nstc is 4:3 or 16:9

it can' be padding, as that only needs 120 pixels not 140

No i do NOT want to make a PAL dvd

480 is a valid height for nstc, to keep from cropping or stretching the video it needs the proper padding on the sides before the resize command, or am i on the wrong track

edit

i used avidemux on the file used the addborder filter added 20 pixels left and right
    opened that file in avs2dvd and it see's it as 4:3 and resizes to 720*480 without cropping
    i'll process this in avs2dvd and see what it looks like

i would much rather recode only ONE time in avs2dvd than using two prgms and to encodings to acheive this
    Last edited by theewizard; 28th Feb 2013 at 17:31.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    480 is a valid height for nstc, to keep from cropping or stretching the video it needs the proper padding on the sides before the resize command, or am i on the wrong track
    I already told you how to do it. It's at the same ratio as the PAL DVD (1.25:1). When converting a PAL DVD to NTSC DVD you resize 720x576 to 720x480. Because 600x480 is the same ratio the resize is the same.

Put another way, if the PAL DVD had been made into a 'proper' AVI (assuming it's a 4:3 DVD), it would have been resized to 640x480, right? How do you convert a 640x480 AVI into an NTSC DVD? By resizing to 720x480, right? Although some might resize to 704x480 and then pad it out to 720x480, but you get the idea. But a 600x480 AVI at the wrong aspect ratio gets resized to 720x480 for an NTSC DVD with the correct ratio.

I have no idea how AVStoDVD handles something like this because (apparently) you're beginning with an AVI with the wrong aspect ratio. But surely it has a way to edit the AVS it creates to allow you to change it the way you want.

"Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480,0,70,0,-70)"
    Since it's cropping a lot from the top and bottom, it looks to me like it's setting you up for a 16:9 encode which probably isn't what you want. Did you specify a 16:9 encode?
    Last edited by manono; 28th Feb 2013 at 18:00.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NO i specified 4:3

mediainfo and vlc report the file as 5:4

the rub is that it will NOT keep the frame and add the side pixel border unless the video frame is already 640*480
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you post a 10 - 15 second clip of this avi?

EDIT - have you tried right clicking on the title/Edit source title info/video display aspect ratio
    and set it to 1.333 ?

PS on my PC setting it to 1.333 Vs. 1.33 yielded two completely separate results in the avisyinth script.
    When I entered 1.33, it gave me this:
    Video = Video.Spline64Resize(720,480,0,56,0,-56)

However, entering 1.333 gave the expected result:
    Video = Video.Spline64Resize(720,480)

Possible bug?
    Last edited by davexnet; 28th Feb 2013 at 21:40.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Three things:

1) Is there anyway I can change the links in the menu? I added all the tracks at once and some of the links are wrong? Or do I need to start again, adding the tracks one-by-one? I've got 16 tracks.

2) Feature request. When DVD Resolution is set to VCD:
    Auto set encoder to QuEnc.
    Auto set bit-rate to 1150.
    Auto set audio to MP2, 2-ch, 224kb/s
    Change QuEnc script to -mpeg1mux -nohq -notrell

3) Menu editor. Add ability to select more than one button at a time for Width and Height and either Left Position and Top Position or for dragging.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  29. @theewizard

are you using release 2.6.0? Start a new project, go to 'Preferences'/'AviSynth', locate the 'Adjust Frame Strategy' option and select 'Add Left/Right Borders' (default is 'Crop Top/Bottom'). Save as default preference. Then re-add the 600x480 avi.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC

that worked .. thank you
    Quote Quote