VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 137
FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 4096
Thread
  1. @Seeker47

do you have the possibility to upload that mkv somewhere?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

do you have the possibility to upload that mkv somewhere?

Bye
    Too big a file, I'm afraid. It took me over a week to d/l all the RAR pieces, since I don't have a subscription to that particular cyberlocker service. That limits free downloads to 2 or at most 3 pieces per day. (I could PM the links to you, though.) Unless there is some free service that accepts humongous files . . . .

A couple things I forgot to mention: there are in fact two separate English audio tracks. Although the Oppo labeled one as being "DTS" and the other as "Dolby", either of them were usable. Those MKV containers seem to let people cram all sorts of stuff into them -- probably why they became popular.

Also, in another experiment before the one I mentioned, I used Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate to convert the file to .WMV format. This took 4.5 hours on the somewhat underpowered XP box ! The end result shrank to a file size of 5Gb., but lost too much PQ in the process. AVS was willing to process that new file, though I chose not to proceed with it.

I consider this all part of my ongoing learning curve with assorted programs. Certainly plenty of room for improvement with that !
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    (I could PM the links to you, though.)
    Ok, do that.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    YES you need to build the ISO first, choose the named DVD folder not the sub folders
    and build the iSO

then choose the created xxxxx.iso file to write to the disc (the x's being your movie name)

why do you think a MAC should read PC data formatted DVD ?

i know of no reason why it should be able to do this
    Hi,
    Thanks for your amswer.
    So I made first an ISO and then burnt it. Still no go ! I have also lots of error when comparing.
    Here is the log:

I 20:45:13 ImgBurn Version 2.5.7.0 started!
    I 20:45:13 Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Edition (6.1, Build 7600)
    I 20:45:13 Total Physical Memory: 4,052,796 KB - Available: 2,082,104 KB
    I 20:45:13 Initialising SPTI...
    I 20:45:13 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...
    I 20:45:13 -> Drive 1 - Info: TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-U633J D200 (D (ATAPI)
    I 20:45:13 Found 1 DVD±RW/RAM!
    I 20:46:40 Operation Started!
    I 20:46:40 Source File: C:\DON_QUICHOTTE.ISO
    I 20:46:40 Source File Sectors: 2,263,600 (MODE1/2048)
    I 20:46:40 Source File Size: 4,635,852,800 bytes
    I 20:46:40 Source File Volume Identifier: DON_QUICHOTTE
    I 20:46:40 Source File Volume Set Identifier: 422AAD5D00228A25
    I 20:46:40 Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.5.7.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!
    I 20:46:40 Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn
    I 20:46:40 Source File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
    I 20:46:40 Destination Device: [0:1:0] TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-U633J D200 (D (ATAPI)
    I 20:46:40 Destination Media Type: DVD-R (Disc ID: RITEKF1)
    I 20:46:40 Destination Media Supported Write Speeds: 3x, 4x, 6x, 8x
    I 20:46:40 Destination Media Sectors: 2,297,888
    I 20:46:40 Write Mode: DVD
    I 20:46:40 Write Type: DAO
    I 20:46:40 Write Speed: MAX
    I 20:46:40 Link Size: Auto
    I 20:46:40 Lock Volume: Yes
    I 20:46:40 Test Mode: No
    I 20:46:40 OPC: No
    I 20:46:40 BURN-Proof: Enabled
    I 20:46:40 Write Speed Successfully Set! - Effective: 11,080 KB/s (8x)
    I 20:46:40 Filling Buffer... (80 MB)
    I 20:46:41 Writing LeadIn...
    I 20:47:24 Writing Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 2263599)
    I 20:47:24 Writing Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 2263599)
    I 20:57:03 Synchronising Cache...
    I 20:57:13 Exporting Graph Data...
    I 20:57:13 Graph Data File: C:\ImgBurn\Graph Data Files\TSSTcorp_DVD+-RW_TS-U633J_D200_MONDAY-JANUARY-21-2013_8-46_PM_RITEKF1_MAX.ibg
    I 20:57:13 Export Successfully Completed!
    I 20:57:13 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration: 00:10:33
    I 20:57:13 Average Write Rate: 7,818 KB/s (5.6x) - Maximum Write Rate: 11,246 KB/s (8.1x)
    I 20:57:13 Cycling Tray before Verify...
    W 20:57:31 Waiting for device to become ready...
    I 20:57:42 Device Ready!
    I 20:57:42 Operation Started!
    I 20:57:42 Source Device: [0:1:0] TSSTcorp DVD+-RW TS-U633J D200 (D (ATAPI)
    I 20:57:42 Source Media Type: DVD-R (Book Type: DVD-R) (Disc ID: RITEKF1)
    I 20:57:42 Source Media Supported Write Speeds: 3x, 4x, 6x, 8x
    I 20:57:42 Image File: C:\DON_QUICHOTTE.ISO
    I 20:57:42 Image File Sectors: 2,263,600 (MODE1/2048)
    I 20:57:42 Image File Size: 4,635,852,800 bytes
    I 20:57:42 Image File Volume Identifier: DON_QUICHOTTE
    I 20:57:42 Image File Volume Set Identifier: 422AAD5D00228A25
    I 20:57:42 Image File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.5.7.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!
    I 20:57:42 Image File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn
    I 20:57:42 Image File File System(s): ISO9660, UDF (1.02)
    I 20:57:42 Read Speed (Data/Audio): MAX / MAX
    I 20:57:44 Verifying Session 1 of 1... (1 Track, LBA: 0 - 2263599)
    I 20:57:44 Verifying Track 1 of 1... (MODE1/2048, LBA: 0 - 2263599)
    W 20:57:53 Miscompare at LBA: 0, Offset: 2
    W 20:57:53 Device: 0x01
    W 20:57:53 Image File: 0x00 (Empty Sector!)
    W 20:57:53 Total Errors in Sector: 2,003
    I 20:57:53 Verifying Sectors...
    W 20:57:54 Miscompare at LBA: 1, Offset: 2

I must miss something obvious, but can't figure it out. Although there are errors, the disk plays fine on PC, but
    does not play on my mac.

Thanks and regards
    Lankou
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does it play on a DVD player ?

what 'media' aka brand of disc are you using

did you try burning at 4x instead of 8x

i get better results (with my LG burner) when i use 4x, instead of 'max speed'

will your Mac play other 'home made' dvd discs or only play store bought movies ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi, I'm having a bit of trouble with adding srt. subtitles. The file opens fine with Subtitle Creator but wouldn't open in avstodvd, got an "error reading" message. I saved as a VobSub and this popped up when I tried opening the .sub file "Warning framerate value detected is invalid, please insert it manually". Being fairly new to this I just guessed and copied the AVC framerate from the movie and input that number, not sure if that's right but it seemed to work.

The problem now is my output size upon adding the subtitle file seems to be too big. Before the sub is added it's 4450/4450 mb, and after it's 5112/4450. I don't want to lose any video/audio quality so is there a way to fix this?. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi Minnie and welcome there.

Could you attach here the original srt file?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Hi Minnie and welcome there.

Could you attach here the original srt file?

Bye
    Hi MrC, sure here it is.
    English (Foreign Only).srt
    Quote Quote  
  9. I cannot replicate the error messages when converting the SRT to SUP during AVStoDVD process.

Here you are the SUP file created from your SRT.

Bye
    Image Attached Files
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    I cannot replicate the error messages when converting the SRT to SUP during AVStoDVD process.

Here you are the SUP file created from your SRT.

Bye
    Thank you MrC . You made me realize what I was doing wrong. I was clicking "add title" when trying to add the subtitle file lol. You can tell I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to this. I figured out that I have to drag and drop the sub file into avstodvd and everything is fine.

I was also getting a framerate error when adding titles that was fixed by replacing the MediaInfo.dll in the Lib folder like you suggested. Thank you again for this great program and help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
    "Warning framerate value detected is invalid, please insert it manually". Being fairly new to this I just guessed and copied the AVC framerate from the movie and input that number, not sure if that's right but it seemed to work.
    Did I miss the answer to this ? (I've seen that error also, on occasion.) And you got a framerate to input from where ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  12. @MrC- Unfortunately I celebrated too soon because it seems I have another issue with the subtitles. The process finished fine without any errors but when I play the dvd in my player the subs aren't there. I tried turning them on manually with no luck. I tested the video in VLC player before burning and it played fine, when I turned the subs on manually they appeared. I'm wondering if there is a step I missed or something I'm supposed to do before burning to make sure the subs will work on my tv.

@Seeker47- The framerate I used was "23.976" from the video which was probably wrong. I upgraded to MediaInfo 0.7.61, download the zip and copied MediaInfo.dll into the AVStoDVD\Lib folder and I no longer get that error.

Edit: I think I may have identified the problem. In Subtitle Creator format might have been set to PAL instead of NTSC. I will try again, this project took 6 hours so I hope this was the problem.
    Last edited by Minnie; 28th Jan 2013 at 10:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    but when I play the dvd in my player the subs aren't there. I tried turning them on manually with no luck. I tested the video in VLC player before burning and it played fine, when I turned the subs on manually they appeared.
    This may or may not have any relevance, but I have noticed a mystery | anomaly | inconsistency in regard to the subs, in certain cases, at least as it relates to the PC desktop players. (I primarily rely upon VLC and MPC_HC, though I also now have Daum Potplayer, and of course the built-in WMP, whose UI has become such an awful pain in the rear that I almost never use it.) I am referring to cases where the subtitle file is definitely present, in the same location, and with the appropriately same name. OR to some cases after AVS has rendered the job. The subs will show up in one of those first two players, but not in the other, no matter what I do. They are definitely there, and one of those players will show them. Why the other does not, I have no idea. The player settings are constant. So I've gotten into the habit of doing this double-check, before I jump to any conclusion as to whether the subs are really there or not.

However, if the subs do not show up in your standalone (hardware) player, no matter how you adjust the controls, either they really are not there, or there must be some serious defect with them.

I've also seen something weird recently where the subs from an AVS-rendered job cut out entirely for about 12 minutes worth of dialog in the movie but then came back for the remainder. (I read the .SRT file later, to find out what I'd missed, story-wise.) My guess is that this was some kind of encoding glitch. Maybe something like when some other multi-tasking thing you're doing on the computer kills an ongoing file download . . . . It probably shouldn't happen, but it can.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
    @MrC- Unfortunately I celebrated too soon because it seems I have another issue with the subtitles. The process finished fine without any errors but when I play the dvd in my player the subs aren't there. I tried turning them on manually with no luck. I tested the video in VLC player before burning and it played fine, when I turned the subs on manually they appeared. I'm wondering if there is a step I missed or something I'm supposed to do before burning to make sure the subs will work on my tv.
    If the AVStoDVD project log file reports no errors during subs encoding/authoring and VLC displays correctly the subs, I would address the issue to the DVD player. Are you sure you have switched on the subs with your remote control? Usually you can cycle the subs by clicking multiple times on the "subtitle" button of your remote control.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. @Seeker & MrC- It worked! I opened the .srt file in Subtitle Creator and switched the video format from PAL to NTSC then saved as SUP. Went through the whole process again and the subtitles are there . Just to confirm I switched back and forth between both DVDs with subtitles set to "ENG" and sure enough the previous 1 still has no subtitles. Thank you both for all your help.

For what it's worth Seeker, the Video_TS file won't open at all with my WMP, might be because it doesn't support subtitles.

My only gripe is the subtitles are a bit low on my tv screen. The bottom of "g,y" letters are cut off. I'm guessing this is something I have to figure out in Subtitle Creator.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    "Warning framerate value detected is invalid, please insert it manually". Being fairly new to this I just guessed and copied the AVC framerate from the movie and input that number, not sure if that's right but it seemed to work.
    Did I miss the answer to this ? (I've seen that error also, on occasion.) And you got a framerate to input from where ?
    i just open vlc, then go to 'tools - codec info'.. look for 'framerate' and use that value in the AVS2DVD input field.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fiyahdash View Post
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    i just open vlc, then go to 'tools - codec info'.. look for 'framerate' and use that value in the AVS2DVD input field.
    Thanks for that tip. I've actually used the VLC --> Tools --> Codec Info quite a bit -- mainly to confirm what the resolution happened to be -- but now I see that was only part of the useful info it reveals.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I been searching for a while about my problem but with no success. And before opening a new thread about i want to ask this:

I have a dvd movie with audio only in english; Now, i want to create a new simple dvd with dual audio (no menus, just the movie, 2 audio streams and 1 subtitle stream).

The DVD configuration will be like this:
    Default audio English with spanish subtitles. a 2nd audio (spanish) available and the subtitles won't be hardcoded (so i can disable them).

I already know how to do it but, the 2nd audio stream has a delay of about 2 seconds. AVSTODVD uses avisynth to solve the problem, i can just adjust the delay and it's done, but the option is only available for the first audio stream (the original, internal audio stream); When i try to use the avisynth options in the 2nd audio (the external one) the options are disabled (grayed out). So there's no way to adjust a delay in the 2nd stream...

Do i have to edit the audio with a 3rd party software? Do i have to re-encode the movie without sound, demux the audio, and place the spanish audio as default? I just want to adjust a delay of less than 2000ms. Is a fast way to do it?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by S4r0m View Post
    I already know how to do it but, the 2nd audio stream has a delay of about 2 seconds. AVSTODVD uses avisynth to solve the problem, i can just adjust the delay and it's done, but the option is only available for the first audio stream (the original, internal audio stream); When i try to use the avisynth options in the 2nd audio (the external one) the options are disabled (grayed out). So there's no way to adjust a delay in the 2nd stream...
    If the AviSynth options are grayed out for the 2nd audio track, after having toggled off 'Auto Audio setup' and 'Audio Direct Stream Copy', then that's a bug. Thanks for the report.

Workaround:

1. Load the title with the internal english audio track
    2. Remove the audio track ('Title'/'Audio Tracks'/'Remove Audio Track')
    3. Add the spanish audio track ('Title'/'Audio Tracks'/'Add Audio Track'). If AC3 then toggle off 'Direct Stream Copy'.
    4. Apply the delay
    5. Add the english audio track ('Title'/'Audio Tracks'/'Add Audio Track' and select again the original title)

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As a suggestion, can you increase the maximum job list size from 10 to say 30. I can convert any file to a DVD in less than 30 minutes in 2-pass HCEnc even running a couple of fast simple avisynth filters, so tried to set a job queue to run over night but then found out the job queue only allows a maximum of 10 jobs

With my 4.2ghz i5 CPU I can get through 10 jobs in about 3-4 hours quite easily, so running overnight means I need a bigger job queue than the current maximum of 10
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also, any further updates on upsampling audio from 2 channel to 5.1 channel using avisynth, and the MCTemporalMOD super killer all-in-one script/filter

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    As a suggestion, can you increase the maximum job list size from 10 to say 30. I can convert any file to a DVD in less than 30 minutes in 2-pass HCEnc even running a couple of fast simple avisynth filters, so tried to set a job queue to run over night but then found out the job queue only allows a maximum of 10 jobs
    Ok, 30, sold.

Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Also, any further updates on upsampling audio from 2 channel to 5.1 channel using avisynth, and the MCTemporalMOD super killer all-in-one script/filter
    Both of them are in the ToDo list. BTW I am still not conviced that the upmixing routine implementation is worthy. So, low priority.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I'm trying to work out how to use the upmix script but it calls a few external commands and there is loads of different upmix variations that makes it more interesting to work it all out. If I can find one 'simpler' method via avisynth then I'll see what I can manage and get back to you
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think I've found a bug in the jobs list code :

If you add the maximum 10 jobs in the job list, then try to delete any job in the list you get a "subscript out of range error 9" and AVStoDVD quits

This has happened twice now when I have reached the 10 job limit and gone back to change some additional avisynth code I added for extra external filters, I tried deleting the job I was changing so the new updated project is then added to the job list and it quits after giving the 'subscript out of range' error
    Quote Quote  
  25. @steptoe

thanks for the bug report, I will fix it in the next update. And thanks for the upmixing script inquiry.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. Release 2.6.0 is available to download.

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'FFmpeg (Safe Mode)' to AC3 Audio Encoding profiles in 'Preferences'/'Audio'
    - Added 'Adjust Frame Strategy' in 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'
    - Added a consistency check to user defined Paths during preferences loading ('Preferences'/'Paths')
    - Added 'FFmpeg (Safe Mode)' option in 'Title Edit'/'Video'/'Video Encoding Profile'
    - Added Auto Crop routine in 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth'/'Crop'
    - Added AviSynth deblocking filter 'Deblock' (by Manao) in 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth'
    - Added AviSynth library 'DeBlock_Int.avsi' (thanks to Didée and Manolito)
    - Added a time cap (2h) to AC3 audio encoding step (Wavi+Aften profile). Overrun leads to process kill and 'FFmpeg (Safe Mode)' start as backup.
    - Added a framerate consistency check vs selected Video Standard to source titles during 'Add Title' routine
    - Added audio ON/OFF control to 'Preview Clip' section
    - Added ffdshow 1.2.4422.0 32bit to Installer package
    - Added GraphStudio 0.3.2.0 beta to NoInstall and Installer packages
    - Added 'Codecs' as new element in Main AVStoDVD Menu
    - Added 'ffdshow Video Configuration' option from 'Codecs' (Main Menu)
    - Added 'ffdshow Audio Configuration' option from 'Codecs' (Main Menu)
    - Added 'Build Graph Filter' option from 'Codecs' (Main Menu)
    - Moved 'AviSynth FrameServing Check' from 'Title' to 'Codecs' (Main Menu)
    - Removed ImgBurn Installer from AVStoDVD Installer Package. There is still a link to ImgBurn webpage.
    - Changed 'Adjust ffdshow Mixer Output at runtime' to 'Adjust ffdshow Settings at Runtime' (now including Raw Video and Raw Audio adjustments for Preview Clip section)
    - Changed maximun number of jobs for batch encoding from 10 to 30
    - Improved AviSynth Script generation routine (revision of functions calls sequence)
    - Improved 'Quick StartUp Tutorial' section
    - Improved 'Fix SRT' routine for authored subtitles
    - Improved log activity (Audio Encoding section)
    - Improved GUI graphics (progress bars color change)
    - Re-organized AviSynth filters options disposition in 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth'
    - FFmpeg updated to build git-8b6aeb1
    - FFMpegSource updated to 2.17
    - NicAudio updated to 2.0.6
    - Haali Media Splitter updated to 1.11.96.14
    - MKVToolNix updated to 5.8.0
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.61

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Release 2.6.0 is available to download.
    Change log:
    Thanks _MrC_. It's been awhile since I installed a new version onto a system that already had a prior version installed. Remind me -- full uninstall of all components, before we install a new version ?? (It might be better if this was not necessary, or was automated in the future . . . . )
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Thanks _MrC_. It's been awhile since I installed a new version onto a system that already had a prior version installed. Remind me -- full uninstall of all components, before we install a new version ?? (It might be better if this was not necessary, or was automated in the future . . . . )
    It is definitively a good idea to update. 2.6.0 has many fixes and some improvements.

From Help/FAQ

Q1.7 When I download a new release, should I uninstall a previous installed one?
    A: Yes, that's a better choice

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    does it play on a DVD player ?

what 'media' aka brand of disc are you using

did you try burning at 4x instead of 8x

i get better results (with my LG burner) when i use 4x, instead of 'max speed'

will your Mac play other 'home made' dvd discs or only play store bought movies ?

Hi,
    Sorry for the long delay due to some problems.

I had an old DVD-RW lying around so I tested it, it burned fine (at 2x) , and the MAC is able to play it !
    So, I think think a media problem. I will now try it again at 2x the last pack of DVR-R I bought (the ones that
    originally created problems).

My mac plays fine store bought DVD movies, and also DVD data (backup of my photos and/or music).
    This was the first time I tried to burn a DVD video.

Thanks and regards
    Lankou.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everybody,

I've just installed 2.60, converted a mkv to dvd and that went fine, good quality.
    I would like to adjust the positioning of the subtitles however
    but couldn't find a way to ajust them, vertical, horizontal and font.
    Can somebody help me out?

I tried in the Subtitle Creator that's included but the values there seem to be differrent
    from what I know in other progs and I would like the positioning settings
    to be default if that is possible.
    My preference is to have the subs displayed as low as possible.

thnx
    Last edited by Yihaa; 9th Feb 2013 at 06:24. Reason: More info
    Quote Quote