VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 137
FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 39 47 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 4096
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    good morning mr. c. no i dont have the log file for that movie that had the pulldown issue. i should have included that with my post. when i see the issue again i will be sure to post it here.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

about the SRT file, there is only one formatting error, bracket-slash-bracket, at subs #356:
    Code:
    01:09:55,965 --> 01:10:02,320
    </>Sterling Airways 427 to Las Palmas..
    about adding another title to existing DVD assets, yes, you can use the same approach.
    Thanks, _MrC_. Not only do you provide an excellent program, I think the support that you give here is truly exemplary !

I'd just like to mention that (on this current system -- I'm working on fixing up a few, and rotating them as I do) I seem to be getting a lot of audio-encoding-stops-dead at some point, triggering the backup encoding process, which does go on to work. (The last time this happened, Aften reported "100 % finished", but then hung !) If I'm away from the computer when this happens, everything stops for user input, and this interruption can add hours to a job. On another computer, I think I cured most instances of this problem. I'll have to swap computers again to compare the settings that are in effect, and whether it is even the same version of AVS installed. I think the problematic settings choice was either Wavi or Aften -- one or both of those has been quite susceptible to this issue. A different setting mostly avoided it.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Anonymous453
    Part time follow the past couple of days since CX2DVD wasn't working so well, but now I've pretty much made the transition to AVSTODVD. I'm new to the forum, but not necessarily the site and wanted to get some input on a movie I've been working on.

I own the retail bluray for Prometheus and knowing that often times the DVD copies of combo packs are sub-par quality, I've been meaning to make my own back up of Prometheus with the commentaries to DVD. I've had a lot of missteps along the way, but finally seem to have nailed a good combination of file inputs to get what I want for the desired output.

I've taken and ripped the entire Prometheus bluray to my HDD and then remuxed the main movie, the core DTS track, the two commentaries with subtitles into a single much smaller but still full-quality m2ts file.

Upon going over the settings, I've found that QuEnc wasn't working for me or the surround sound for one of the encodes gave me no audio at all, I proceeded to try to transcode the commentary quality from 224kbs AC3 to 128kbs AC3. The surround sound took some time as I knew it would, at least I'm assuming it would, but the commentary tracks took forever to encode. I selected FFMPEG+Aften in the audio encoding section, took a nap, came back 2 hours later and saw that FFMPEG was encoding the 224kbs AC3 track to 1536kbs PCM and then back again to 128kbs AC3 and it was going extremely slow, almost in real time encoding, from 224kbs AC3 to 1536kbs PCM, but then it only took like a minute to go back to 128kbs AC3. What could be the reason for this? Any input would be appreciated!

Included is the log below...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    <10/24/2012 5:21:27 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 8099/8100 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: PrometheusFinalMuxDDRecode
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\magus\Videos
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Lanczos4Resize
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 8500
    Video Profile Level 2: 8500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 1
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: E: TSSTcorp DVDWBD SH-B123L SB04
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxPrometheus\Prometheu sFinalMux.m2ts
    Info: AVC - 28754 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 2:03:46 hours - 178056 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxPrometheus\Prometheu sFinalMux_1.dts
    Info: DTS - 1536 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 24 bit - 2:03:46 hours (0 ms delay) - External
    Audio 2: C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxPrometheus\Prometheu sFinalMux_2.ac3
    Info: AC3 - 224 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 2:03:46 hours (0 ms delay) - External
    Audio 3: C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxPrometheus\Prometheu sFinalMux_3.ac3
    Info: AC3 - 224 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 2:03:46 hours (0 ms delay) - External
    Subs 1: C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxPrometheus\Subtitles _16_English.sup
    Subs 2: C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxPrometheus\Subtitles _32_English.sup
    Subs 3: C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxPrometheus\Subtitles _38_English.sup
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.59]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxProm etheus\PrometheusFinalMux.m2ts", CacheFolder="C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxProm etheus\PrometheusFinalMux_1.dts", CacheFolder="C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 7228.9 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinalM uxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusFinalMuxDDRecode_0 _PrometheusFinalMux.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinalM uxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 8796
    *BITRATE 8166
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 80
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<10/24/2012 9:34:02 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    A2DVideoSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusFinalMuxDDRecode_0 _PrometheusFinalMux.m2v (5823.5 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6578 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 2:03:46 hours - 178052 frames
    <>

<10/24/2012 9:34:02 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg (WAV) Parameters: -i "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_1.avs" "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_1.wav"
    Aften (AC3) Parameters: -b 448 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_1.wav" "C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusFinalMuxDDRecode_ 0_PrometheusFinalMux_1.ac3"
    <>

<10/24/2012 10:54:13 PM>
    START (BACKUP) AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -threads 2 -i "C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxPrometheus\Promethe usFinalMux_1.dts" -y -vn -acodec ac3 -sample_fmt flt -ar 48000 -ab 448k "C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusFinalMuxDDRecode_ 0_PrometheusFinalMux_1.ac3"
    <>

<10/24/2012 10:57:01 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    A2DAudioSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusFinalMuxDDRecode_0 _PrometheusFinalMux_1.ac3 (396.6 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 2:03:46 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>

<10/24/2012 10:57:01 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 2)
    FFmpeg (WAV) Parameters: -i "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_2.avs" "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_2.wav"
    Aften (AC3) Parameters: -b 128 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_2.wav" "C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusFinalMuxDDRecode_ 0_PrometheusFinalMux_2.ac3"
    <>

<10/25/2012 12:16:17 AM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 2)
    A2DAudioSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusFinalMuxDDRecode_0 _PrometheusFinalMux_2.ac3 (113.3 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 128 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 2:03:46 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>

<10/25/2012 12:16:17 AM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 3)
    FFmpeg (WAV) Parameters: -i "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_3.avs" "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_3.wav"
    Aften (AC3) Parameters: -b 128 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusFinal MuxDDRecode_0_PrometheusFinalMux_3.wav" "C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusFinalMuxDDRecode_ 0_PrometheusFinalMux_3.ac3"
    <>
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is only a partial log, up to the beginning of the second commentary track, and in reality, the second commentary track (track 3) was finished encoding at 1:41 am. The rest of the DVD authoring went fine and according to plan and didn't throw me any curveballs, it's just the weird, REALLY slow transcode/reencode of the 224kbs AC3 stereo to for some reason 1536kbs PCM stereo and then back to 128kbs AC3 stereo.

Again, any help would be appreciated! Thanks and it's good to be a member of the board!

- magus
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi there magus,

the FFmpeg+Aften encoding profile should be used only when you have problems with the default Wavi+Aften, otherwise you should avoid it because the "input format"->WAV econding step is long (as you have already discovered).

Istead using Wavi+Aften, Wavi will take care to frameserve the wav to Aften in real time, meaning that the overall encoding time improves a lot.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there magus,

the FFmpeg+Aften encoding profile should be used only when you have problems with the default Wavi+Aften, otherwise you should avoid it because the "input format"->WAV econding step is long (as you have already discovered).

Istead using Wavi+Aften, Wavi will take care to frameserve the wav to Aften in real time, meaning that the overall encoding time improves a lot.

Bye
    Hi _MrC_,

As I mentioned in #1082 above (not yet answered), I've had serious issues -- on this W7 box, in particular, which happens to be 32-bit -- with both Wavi and Aften. In this last instance, I actually caught Aften in the act of crashing on the job. Here is the error that showed up in the box:

"Aften has stopped working." Choices:
    "Search online for a possible solution ? "Close Application ?"

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: aften.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 47d82085
    Fault Module Name: aften.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 47d82085
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0001cfca
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 5361
    Additional Information 2: 536179b7143a2f84dcbf19152410a0dd
    Additional Information 3: 8ed2
    Additional Information 4: 8ed2d5805dc5f0931045eb84a3eb85af

Before this point, it may say that Audio Encoding Errors were found.

Maybe this is what's been happening under the hood, all along, when I see Aften just hanging after a supposed "100 % completion" mark. It has in fact crashed, and that's why the hang ? I'd say that this happens at least half of the time, with various sources, and therefore makes Aften totally unreliable. It happens on at least a couple different computers, running different versions of Windows. Doesn't that c005 refer to an app that has stepped on memory it does not own, causing an exception ? Fortunately, in just about every case I can recall, closing Aften sends the audio encoding on to FFMPeg, which does work, and the job is successfully completed.

I'm still using AVS 2.4.2 on this box. Did your later packages change anything relevant here, such as maybe going to later versions of Wavi and Aften ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @Seeker47

do you still have the log file of the crashed project? Could you post it?

Frankly speaking, the only issues I somtimes have with Wavi+Aften is when I try to convert a "difficult" secondary audio track (i.e. AAC 6ch) embedded with source title. Otherwise I must say that it is quite reliable from my side.

If you are getting always troubles with Wavi+Aften, you can permanently switch to FFmpeg in 'Preferences'/'Audio'.

From release 2.4.2 to 2.5.1 there are some minor improvement on audio encoding. As rule of thumb, I always suggest to use the latest release.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Seeker47

do you still have the log file of the crashed project? Could you post it?

Frankly speaking, the only issues I somtimes have with Wavi+Aften is when I try to convert a "difficult" secondary audio track (i.e. AAC 6ch) embedded with source title. Otherwise I must say that it is quite reliable from my side.

If you are getting always troubles with Wavi+Aften, you can permanently switch to FFmpeg in 'Preferences'/'Audio'.

From release 2.4.2 to 2.5.1 there are some minor improvement on audio encoding. As rule of thumb, I always suggest to use the latest release.

Bye
    Thanks, _MrC_. I'll check to see if I still have that log. With this last particular job, it was one of those MKVs with two audio tracks (one of which had one language overlaid on top of the source, drowning it out), and I think two subtitle tracks. Aften choked on both audio tracks. The job before that was a music documentary, with concert footage, and Aften choked on that. And so it goes. But that's just a couple examples, and many other examples are not like those at all, as the source material varies considerably. Issues with the video encoding seem to be very much rarer.

I have the latest AVS installed on one box, just not on the one I happen to be using most recently. In due course, they will all get updated. As noted earlier, the results differ from computer to computer, though this is a not uncommon happening on any of them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Anonymous453
    Hi there magus,

Bye
    Hi there, _MrC_,

First off thanks for all your help, switching did help for a time, but then it crashed again and using Wavi+Aften this time like you suggested, it crashed in a command prompt and was stuck at the command prompt with a window asking me after I closed it if it wanted me to force FFMPEG audio encode, below is a partial log of what the command prompt said...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Found PCM audio: 6 channels, 44100 Hz (which is odd because the audio was 44800 Hz), 16 bits, 24091.398594 seconds.
    Warning: WAV file will be larger than 4 GB.
    Writing WAV file...
    input format: Microsoft WAVE Signed 16-bit little-endian 44100 Hz 5.1-channel
    output format: 44100 Hz 3/2 + LFE

error allocating read buffer
    Error: could not write to the standard output."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thankfully, when the project was converting a day or two earlier I managed to save the re-encoded surround and commentary tracks as their base AC3 files so, when I converted the video again, AVSTODVD just did a direct stream copy and was able to successfully convert the .h264 track in the .m2ts file just fine with crystal clarity (for DVD at least). Still, I thought I would mention or try to get some follow up on why the Wavi+Aften method didn't work for me.

Still, everything worked out in the end with me assembling a project from multiple sources that syncs up PERFECTLY, so I couldn't be happier. Thank you for your help and thanks for a great product!

- magus
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi magus

thanks for the feedback. Make sure you have the option 'Force FFmpeg when temp WAV is > 4GB' toggled on. It will take care of the errors such as you reported, skipping Wavi+Aften (which have problems with long multichannels audio, resulting in uncompressed WAV > 4GB) and going directly to FFmpeg.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Seeker47

thanks for the srt file (PM), I will try it ASAP and come back to you.

About the re-use of existing DVD structure, you can do the following:

- Open the 'Parse DVD' section, under 'Tools'
    - Select the VIDEO_TS folder
    - Select only the video pgc, audio tracks, subs tracks you want to keep
    - Check the 3 'Demux ...' options
    - Process

Now you will have the elementary assets (m2v, ac3, sup) that can be added to AVStoDVD as titles. Then add the new SRT. Just make sure that the SRT timestamps are in synch with the original assets.

Bye
    Hi _MrC_,

I tried this, but hit a brick wall. There happen to be 8 audio files (!) shown by the parse, each being listed as AC3 | 6ch. | EN -- most of which info I believe to be incorrect. I have no ready way of distinguishing among them, I just know that I only want to retain the original French dialog track whichever one it is. No matter how I select these -- just a random 3 of them, up to all of them -- the 'Process' button then directs me to designate a file name (?), which I did (giving the director's name), thinking this might be for a new folder name ? But then I get "Error 53. Parsing aborted. File Not Found." What steps am I missing or messing up here ?
    Quote Quote  
  11. @Seeker47

where did you get that DVD structure? Very probably AVStoDVD parsing tool is not able to read it correctly. I would suggest you to use another parsing tool (less experimental than mine ) like ReJig (it comes with AVStoDVD package) to demux the assets files.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    good morning MrC.

i have recently installed windows 8 pro. when authoring a dvd, avstodvd keeps erroring out during the authoring part. i have tried this with a couple of movies and i keep getting the same error. the error code is 0. here is a log file for one of them.....

<10/30/2012 10:41:31 AM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Titles number: 2
    DVD Size: 4462/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Label: ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV
    Output Folder: I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes

PREFERENCES

AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    Auto Delay Audio: 0
    DVD Burning Drive: D: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90 IN01
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: J:\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.mpv
    Info: MPEG-2 Video - 6725 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 42:34 minutes - 61255 frames
    Audio 1: J:\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.ac3
    Info: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 42:34 minutes (0 ms delay) - External
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.59]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT

# Video is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Video = A2DVideoSource("J:\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.mpv", CacheFolder="I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("J:\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.ac3", CacheFolder="I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
    Target Video FileSize: 2048.3 MB
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "J:\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.mpv" -vcodec copy "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_01_Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.m2v"
    <>

<10/30/2012 10:41:52 AM>
    END VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
    Created File: I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_01_Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.m2v (2048.5 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6725 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 42:34 minutes - 61255 frames
    <>

<10/30/2012 10:41:52 AM>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "J:\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.ac3" -acodec copy "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_01_Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_1.ToFix.ac3"
    <>

<10/30/2012 10:41:53 AM>
    END AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_01_Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_1.ac3 (136.5 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 42:34 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

TITLE 2 SOURCE FILES
    Video: J:\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.mpv
    Info: MPEG-2 Video - 6735 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 42:33 minutes - 61233 frames
    Audio 1: J:\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.ac3
    Info: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 42:34 minutes (0 ms delay) - External
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.59]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT

# Video is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Video = A2DVideoSource("J:\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.mpv", CacheFolder="I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("J:\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.ac3", CacheFolder="I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
    Target Video FileSize: 2050.5 MB
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "J:\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.mpv" -vcodec copy "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_02_Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.m2v"
    <>

<10/30/2012 10:42:14 AM>
    END VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
    Created File: I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_02_Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.m2v (2050.7 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6735 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 42:33 minutes - 61233 frames
    <>

<10/30/2012 10:42:14 AM>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "J:\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE\Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.ac3" -acodec copy "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_02_Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_1.ToFix.ac3"
    <>

<10/30/2012 10:42:16 AM>
    END AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_02_Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_1.ac3 (136.4 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 42:34 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

<10/30/2012 10:42:17 AM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_BatchMux.ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_MuxMan.mxp"
    -l "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_MuxMan.log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Palette.txt"
    -v "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_01_Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_01_Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -cellfr "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_01_Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_01_Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_01_Alphas.S02E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_Chapters.txt"
    -SEG2v "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_02_Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE.m2v"
    -SEG2vidmode LB
    -SEG2a1 "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_02_Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_1.ac3"
    -SEG2a1lang en
    -SEG2cellfr "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_02_Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_Chapters.txt"
    -SEG2progfr "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_02_Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_Chapters.txt"
    -SEG2chapfr "I:\AVStoDVD Work Folder\ALPHAS S2 E12-13 HDTV_3_Title_02_Alphas.S02E13.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE_Chapters.txt"

<>

<10/30/2012 10:47:47 AM>
    ERROR DURING OPERATIONS ('DVD Authoring operations' Section): 0 -
    <>

PROCESS ABORTED.
    <>

Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.5.1
    <>

p.s. i wonder if has something to do with windows 8 extra security that they put in the operating system. it seems the error is during batchmux on every try. i am going to set batchmux to run as administrator in its properties to see if that fixes the issue.

p.s.s. nope that didnt fix it :[ when i run the same files through dvd flick it has no problems creating the dvd. so it has something to do with windows 8 and avstodvd. i didnt have this issue with windows 7.
    Last edited by tebugg; 30th Oct 2012 at 10:17.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Seeker47

where did you get that DVD structure? Very probably AVStoDVD parsing tool is not able to read it correctly. I would suggest you to use another parsing tool (less experimental than mine ) like ReJig (it comes with AVStoDVD package) to demux the assets files.

Bye

Hi _MrC_,

It was from a PAL DVD of a film that is not available here and likely never will be. I ran it through CX2D ver. 3 (much older than those of the last couple years), which -- I have to say -- sure made this particular job a whole lot easier. I de-listed some irrelevant titlesets, which judging from their brief length must have been trailers, popped in the EN subs file, and that was that. No fuss, no muss. The job processed without a hiccup, tossing out the menus along the way. I didn't ask for that, but they were in two languages I can't read, so no loss there. If I'm dissatisfied with the PQ -- which considering their inferior encoder is a distinct possibility -- I'll give it another go with your Rejig idea. But in the near term I just wanted to be able to play the movie.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    just wanted to follow up some more. i took win8 off my pc and put win7 back on and now i am not having the batchmux issue i was having on win8.
    Quote Quote  
  15. @tebugg

thanks for the first report about AVStoDVD compatibility with Win8.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. Anonymous453
    I've been trying to Google my way to the answers and searching the site high and low so that way I wouldn't have to come back to the forums, but here I am!

So, I'm still working with my Prometheus blu ray retail m2ts file that I remuxed with just the video and the English audio and even with the already transcoded surround sound at 448kbs with a 406,112 kb file size and two stereo tracks at 128kbs with sizes of 116,032 kb included in the final muxing in AVSTODVD, I still only get a DVD that is 6.20 GB (6,657,576,960 bytes). What's even more shocking is I'm only getting an intermediate m2v file before the final muxing of 5.45 GB (5,863,138,731 bytes) with an average bitrate of 6,059 kbs. I put the resulting DVD files into ImgBurn to create an ISO file or burn to disc and I'm left with a completed project that is 18 to 19 percent undersized and is not filling up the entire DVD-9.

I've fooled around lowering the "lower average bitrate" to low as 2000kbs and raising the "higher average bitrate" to 9000kbs, but even under HCEnc video profiles VBR 2-pass the "higher bitrate level" only goes up to 8500kbs. So, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I'm asking HCEnc to do something it can't do. Anyways, I've provided the HCEnc log for one of my more recent encodes of just the video only, nothing else. And one thing that troubles me is HCEnc doing "adjusting average bitrate" A LOT. I tried googling that and it led me pretty much to a dead end. If anyone can shed some light on this and why I can't seem to fill a full DVD-9, I would be appreciative! Thanks in advance for anything of help!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------
    | HCenc - MPEG2 encoder - rel. 0.26.0.0 |
    -----------------------------------------

MPEG profile@level: MP@ML
    input: C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusVideoO nly_1_PrometheusVideoOnly_1.avs
    output: C:\Users\Magus\Videos\PrometheusVideoOnly_1_Promet heusVideoOnly.m2v

--------------------
    | encoder settings |
    --------------------

profile: BEST
    frames: 0 - 178053
    framerate: 23.976
    aspect ratio: 16:9
    chroma format: 4:2:0
    bitrate Kb/s: 8900
    max. bitrate Kb/s: 9000
    pulldown: yes, 23.976 --> 29.97
    closed gops: no
    VBV check: yes
    VBV size (bits): 1835008
    scene change det: yes
    interlaced: no, TFF
    goplen,B-pic: AUTO 12
    dc_precision: 10
    intraVLC: auto
    scan method: zigzag
    bias: 90
    chapter frames: 0
    time code: 0 0 0 0
    CPU: SSE4 (4.1)
    priority: idle
    SMP active: yes
    matrix: MPEG, adaptive
    luminance gain: yes, level 1
    adaptive quantization: yes, strength 1
    deadzone quantization: auto

------------------
    | source stats |
    ------------------

nr. of frames in source: 178054
    width*height: 720x480
    fps: 23.976
    nr. of frames to encode: 178054
    frames to encode: 0 - 178053

---------------------
    | encoding - pass 1 |
    ---------------------

pass 1 encoding time: 1:41:23 (6082.71 s)
    fps: 29.3

--------------------------------
    | encoding - intermediate pass |
    --------------------------------

bitrate set to: 8900 kb/s
    estimated output file length: 8068175 kB
    intermediate encoding time: 15.78 s

---------------------
    | encoding - pass 2 |
    ---------------------

*** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -0.15 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -0.28 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -0.44 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -0.63 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -0.86 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -1.09 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -1.35 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -1.73 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -1.91 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -2.05 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -2.33 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -2.62 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -2.81 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -3.06 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -3.26 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -3.63 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -3.90 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -4.19 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -4.38 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -4.78 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -5.12 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -5.29 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -5.55 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -5.78 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -6.02 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -6.40 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -6.69 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -6.98 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -7.13 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -7.37 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -7.64 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -7.99 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -8.29 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -8.66 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -8.89 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -9.24 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -9.46 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -9.85 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -10.28 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -10.69 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -11.20 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -11.65 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -12.12 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -12.35 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -12.47 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -12.74 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -13.11 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -13.35 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -13.53 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -13.72 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -14.26 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -14.63 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -14.91 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -15.44 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -15.99 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -16.36 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -16.68 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -16.99 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -17.21 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -17.60 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -17.97 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -18.40 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -18.79 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -19.20 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -19.73 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -20.17 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -20.55 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -20.91 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -21.30 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -21.74 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -22.24 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -22.72 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -23.09 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -23.27 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -23.34 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -23.58 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -23.78 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -23.99 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -24.15 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -24.45 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -24.74 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -24.95 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -25.25 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -25.46 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -25.66 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -25.82 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -26.18 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -26.42 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -26.55 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -26.98 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -27.45 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -27.99 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -28.38 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -28.82 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -29.34 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -29.99 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -30.39 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -30.91 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -31.28 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -31.75 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -32.29 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -32.76 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -33.36 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -33.64 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -33.96 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -34.35 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -34.68 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -35.00 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -35.36 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -35.67 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -36.20 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -36.38 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -36.57 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -36.69 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -36.82 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -37.43 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -37.85 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -38.44 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -38.87 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -39.32 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -39.61 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -40.07 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -40.28 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -40.50 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -40.67 %
    *** INFO, adjusting average bitrate: -41.00 %
    pass 2 encoding time: 2:36:33 (9393.20 s)
    fps: 19.0

------------------
    | encoding stats |
    ------------------

*** WARNING, 2 frames found with small mismatch errors

adapted intra matrix used
    adapted non-intra matrix used

nr. of gops: 15931
    nr. of frames: 178054
    nr. of I-frames: 15931
    nr. of P-frames: 47828
    nr. of B-frames: 114295
    average bitrate: 6306
    minimum bitrate: 135
    maximum bitrate: 8999

bytes in bitstream: 5856288575
    bits in bitstream: 46850308600

average Quantizer: 2.018

total CPU time: 7:18:39 (26318.93 s)
    total elapsed time: 4:18:13 (15492.75 s)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again thanks for any insight, tips or help!

- magus
    Quote Quote  
  17. I just installed version 2.5.1, and there is a weird problem:

When I add a video clip, I get an error message:
    “Warning! FrameRate value detected is invalid. Please insert it manually.”
    The input-box of the error message shows the correct framerate 23.976 (notice the separator, which is “.”).

If I manually change the separator to “,”, AVStoDVD accepts it, but the “Source titles” –window shows that the video is 23 fps, not 23,976 fps.

If I right-click the title and choose “Edit Source Title Info” -> “Video FrameRate” and type the correct value “23,976” to the input-box, AVStoDVD accepts it and the “Source titles” –window now shows the correct framerate.

Version 2.4.0 didn’t have the same problem. Any idea what is causing it (I’m running Windows 7 64 bit)?

Thanks,
    JuMe
    Quote Quote  
  18. @magusvirga

do you have the AVStoDVD project log file? Could you please post it?

@JuMe

what does happen if you enter 23.976 with "." as separator in the first inputbox?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  19. If I try to enter 23.976 in the first input-box, the program just keeps showing the same error-message. So the "." seems to be the problem here.
    If I hit "cancel", then the video loaded into "Source titles" with 0 fps framerate.

JuMe
    Quote Quote  
  20. Anonymous453
    _MrC_,

Here's the AVSTODVD log file for that particular encode that was just the video only, where I was trying to get as much video squeezed onto a DVD-9 without anything else just to see if AVSTODVD would up the bitrate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<10/30/2012 4:10:20 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 8086/8100 MB (100%)
    DVD Label: PrometheusVideoOnly
    Output Folder: C:\Users\magus\Videos
    Delete Temp Assets Files: No
    Delete Temp Working Files: No

PREFERENCES

AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Lanczos4Resize
    Video BitRate Min: 3000
    Video BitRate Max: 8900
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: E: TSSTcorp DVDWBD SH-B123L SB04
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxPrometheus\Prometheu sFinalMux.m2ts
    Info: AVC - 28754 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 2:03:46 hours - 178056 frames
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.59]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\magus\Documents\DemuxProm etheus\PrometheusFinalMux.m2ts", CacheFolder="C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)

Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

Return Video
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 7878.7 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusVideo Only_1_PrometheusVideoOnly.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusVideoO nly_1_PrometheusVideoOnly_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusVideoOnly_1_Promet heusVideoOnly.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusVideoO nly_1_PrometheusVideoOnly.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 8900
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 90
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<10/30/2012 8:28:36 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    A2DVideoSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusVideoOnly_1_Promet heusVideoOnly.m2v (5585 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6308 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 2:03:46 hours - 178051 frames
    <>

<10/30/2012 8:28:36 PM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusVideo Only_1_BatchMux.ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusVideoOnly_1\VIDEO _TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusVideo Only_1_MuxMan.mxp"
    -l "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusVideo Only_1_MuxMan.log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "C:\Users\magus\AppData\Local\Temp\PrometheusVideo Only_1_Palette.txt"
    -v "C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusVideoOnly_1_Prome theusVideoOnly.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -cellfr "C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusVideoOnly_1_Prome theusVideoOnly_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusVideoOnly_1_Prome theusVideoOnly_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusVideoOnly_1_Prome theusVideoOnly_Chapters.txt"

<>

<10/30/2012 8:40:54 PM>
    CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 5692.3 MB
    vs Estimated Size: 8086 MB -> 29.6% undersize
    vs Assets Size: 5585 MB -> OK
    <>

END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: C:\Users\magus\Videos\PrometheusVideoOnly_1 (5692.3 MB)
    <>

Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.5.1
    <>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps, _MrC_, because I am stumped as to why I'm not filling up a full DVD-9 or at least getting a higher bitrate overall and ended up with an 18 to 19 percent under-filled DVD-9.

Again, thanks for any help or insight!

- magus
    Quote Quote  
  21. @magus,

why didn't you try with QuEnc CBR 1-pass video encoding profile? Just be careful to keep 8500 kbps as avg video bitrate to avoid spikes.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Anonymous453
    Thanks _MrC_ I'll give that a try and see how that works! I completely forgot to try QuEnc, seeing as how I'm so used to the quality of HcEnc. Obviously though with HcEnc giving me issues and not filling up a full DVD-9, QuEnc might just do the job with a CBR instead of a VBR.

Thanks!

- magus
    Quote Quote  
  23. ...
    Last edited by jovopros; 15th Aug 2013 at 18:10.
    Quote Quote  
  24. @jovopros

next release will incude what you are requesting regarding the audio section (i.e. when Aften hangs forever)

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  25. ...
    Last edited by jovopros; 15th Aug 2013 at 18:10.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @jovopros

next release will incude what you are requesting regarding the audio section (i.e. when Aften hangs forever)

Bye

Hi _MrC_,

Would this be for an automatic fallback to the FFmpeg processing, so that the job does continue on to completion ?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,
    for a future release would you consider adding deblock on the Avisynth edit/title tab.

It's very useful for poorer sources that exhibit macro blocking.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  28. @Seeker47

yes, that's the rationale

@dave

nice suggestion. Does DeBlock come as an external standalone AviSynth plugin or does it require other plugins?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd like to get some advice regarding a job on which I've run into problems on the previous attempt. This is not really an AVS problem, per se. (Hope I haven't asked this before -- don't think so, at least not in this thread.) The running time on this job comes to almost 3 hours. I need to run it through AVS, not only for the conversion to DVD but in order to apply the subtitles. The problem is that the end result -- especially since I'm holding out for a good PQ -- comes out being quite large. Ordinarily, I would just load this into DVD Shrink, not to shrink it, but for the very easy Re-Author function to manually divide this into two DVDs, at a point of my choosing. (Even two DVD-9s, if it came down to that.) But SHRINK absolutely chokes on an input of that size. I also tried a fairly recent version of DVD-Fab, which has a more automatic divide-1-into-2 function, with a similar result. What's needed is some tool that can make the division without re-encoding and without being fazed by the input size. (And what if some even longer future example requires 3 - 4 discs ?) This has to be done after the AVS rendering, otherwise there would be no subtitles, or at least a loss of subtitles sync. (I don't see where AVStoDVD development could address this issue directly, features-wise, but then I wouldn't really know.)

My alternative would be to just watch this on the WD-Live media player -- if it supports the file format, which is MKV -- but I'd much rather make and have the discs.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    I'd like to get some advice regarding a job on which I've run into problems on the previous attempt. This is not really an AVS problem, per se. (Hope I haven't asked this before -- don't think so, at least not in this thread.) The running time on this job comes to almost 3 hours. I need to run it through AVS, not only for the conversion to DVD but in order to apply the subtitles. The problem is that the end result -- especially since I'm holding out for a good PQ -- comes out being quite large. Ordinarily, I would just load this into DVD Shrink, not to shrink it, but for the very easy Re-Author function to manually divide this into two DVDs, at a point of my choosing. (Even two DVD-9s, if it came down to that.) But SHRINK absolutely chokes on an input of that size. I also tried a fairly recent version of DVD-Fab, which has a more automatic divide-1-into-2 function, with a similar result. What's needed is some tool that can make the division without re-encoding and without being fazed by the input size. (And what if some even longer future example requires 3 - 4 discs ?) This has to be done after the AVS rendering, otherwise there would be no subtitles, or at least a loss of subtitles sync. (I don't see where AVStoDVD development could address this issue directly, features-wise, but then I wouldn't really know.)

My alternative would be to just watch this on the WD-Live media player -- if it supports the file format, which is MKV -- but I'd much rather make and have the discs.
    In AVStoDVD you first choose whether you want a DVD5 or DVD9. Then you load the source and the program
    figures out the correct bitrate to maximise the space (but not go over). The only way I can think of that it's going
    wrong is that you chose HCenc 1-pass and HCenc itself misjudged the encoding bitrate .

If that's so, use 2-pass.
    Quote Quote