VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 137
FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 132 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, davexnet. Thanks for your reply. That saves me time. Sometimes I'm inclined to uninstall old version before going to newer version but guess that's not necessary with AVStoDVD.
    ganymede
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Ok, I will include MuxMan 0.16.8 to next release.

Bye
    I thought I would let you know that I had solved my problem, and what the solution was. For me, I couldn't care less about a splash screen. Other users might not want to put up with it.

0.16.8 also doesn't appear to include batchmux.exe. I don't think I have ever used this, but other users may have. Bundling batchmux.exe from ther 0.15R release with the 0.16.8 release might violate the authors licence terms.

Just a couple of thoughts. It's really none of my business what you bundle with A2D so I applogise if I seem to be telling you what to do..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hello MrC, I'm new using your this program.

I want to convert my mkv to dvd & i want to include the dts track + subtile, but when i select the dts track your program say " dts track not support, please switch to AC3 " what's wrong?

After all progres has finish, i try play my dvd on vlc player but subtile .srt only show about 40 minute of total duration movie, duration movie is about 2 hours. from 40 minute until ending of movie the subtile is gone.

My mkv file have pgs subtitle but after my mkv has finish to convert to dvd using avstodvd & when i play on vlc player the subtitle won't show at all.

Note: my mkv file is remux version have dts-hd ma 5.1

please help, thanks.
    Last edited by axl70; 14th Jul 2012 at 12:02.
    Quote Quote  
  4. @davenext

yep, very basic support, SSA/ASS are quite complex. But they are becoming popular.

@ganymede

see Help/FAQ/General/Q1.7

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Yanta View Post
    I thought I would let you know that I had solved my problem, and what the solution was. For me, I couldn't care less about a splash screen. Other users might not want to put up with it.
    Let's see if anybody will complain from next release on

Originally Posted by Yanta View Post
    0.16.8 also doesn't appear to include batchmux.exe. I don't think I have ever used this, but other users may have. Bundling batchmux.exe from ther 0.15R release with the 0.16.8 release might violate the authors licence terms.
    BatchMux and Muxman are different programs created by different authors. Within AVStoDVD context, they are in the same folder just for my convenience.

Originally Posted by Yanta View Post
    Just a couple of thoughts. It's really none of my business what you bundle with A2D so I applogise if I seem to be telling you what to do..
    No problem, thanks for the suggestion indeed. I take a great care not to violate any licence or authors copyrights. As you can see all software used by AVStoDVD are free, the authors are reported in the Acknowledgemnt section of the ReadMe.txt file and the GPL/LGPL versions are reported in the License.txt, as required by the GPL/LGPL standard. AVStoDVD itself is distributed under the "Creative Commons - Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported" license.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by axl70 View Post
    I want to convert my mkv to dvd & i want to include the dts track + subtile, but when i select the dts track your program say " dts track not support, please switch to AC3 " what's wrong?

After all progres has finish, i try play my dvd on vlc player but subtile .srt only show about 40 minute of total duration movie, duration movie is about 2 hours. from 40 minute until ending of movie the subtile is gone.

My mkv file have pgs subtitle but after my mkv has finish to convert to dvd using avstodvd & when i play on vlc player the subtitle won't show at all.

About DTS support, AVStoDVD does not allow to keep DTS-HD audio tracks because they are not DVD compliant. Re-encoding to AC3 is necessary. AVStoDVD does not support DTS encoding as well. Only standard 12bit and 16 bit DTS direct stream copy is allowed.

About subtitles, could you please send me (avstodvd@gmail.com), the project log file and the srt file?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by axl70 View Post

About DTS support, AVStoDVD does not allow to keep DTS-HD audio tracks because they are not DVD compliant. Re-encoding to AC3 is necessary. AVStoDVD does not support DTS encoding as well. Only standard 12bit and 16 bit DTS direct stream copy is allowed.

About subtitles, could you please send me (avstodvd@gmail.com), the project log file and the srt file?

Bye
    i was trying to downconvert from dts-hd to dts 1536kbps 24 bit (this is dvd compliant audio, i think) use tsmuxer & when i add audio track & choose dts track but AVStoDVD still reject my choice...maybe you will say that is because 24 bit, but as i know dts 1536 kbps 24 bit ( full bit rate ) is dvd compliant audio. CMIIW

If the problem is because AVStoDVD doesn't support dts 24 bit, i hope you want fix this problem in the next version of AVStoDVD.

Note: when i add dts 1536 kbps. the original dts-hd has been remove & i make separate video & audio use MKVExtractGUI.

About subtitle, when i check using subtitle creator but it won't display, it said " error reading number one" i think maybe this is the problem causing the subtitle won't display on my dvd, but i already fix it using jubler & subtitle creator want display my subtitle now. maybe my subtitle will display on my dvd with ok later.

Btw, thanks for your reply & keep up good work, very good program
    Last edited by axl70; 15th Jul 2012 at 16:40.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need help trying to remove the letterboxing(top and bottom), preferably through AVStoDVD(or DVD Flick) in some videos I've been burning to DVD. I've created test DVD's on both programs, and are showing letterboxed. One is a show that I downloaded from here: http://www.pokerstars.tv/poker-channel-252-full-episodes-3.html where they aren't letterboxed on the website, or when I watch them as a .mp4 on a media player, or even in the preview on the AVStoDVD program, but they are when burned to DVD. The other is another .mp4 that has burned on AVStoDVD without letterboxing, thankfully, but with what seems to be gradually out of sync audio as the video wears on, also letterboxed on DVD Flick.

I don't care if the DVD Flick part of my post is ignored, since this is the AVStoDVD thread, but it'd be great if someone had a solution for AVStoDVD. It'd be nice if I didn't have to process them through a video editor, just to fix, it'd save a lot of time. Thanks!
    Last edited by jc daly; 17th Jul 2012 at 00:08.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Impossible to answer with any certainty because you haven't given any info at all about the source.
    Relevant factors would be the resolution of the source, whether the source has any letter boxing,
    and whether you set AVStoDVD to produce a 16x9 DVD instead of 4x3?
    Quote Quote  
  10. @jc daly

davexnet is right, please post here the AVStoDVD project log file.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I don't have any saved log files from previous projects, unfortunately, unless they're automatically saved somewhere that I'm unaware of. But I can give you the file information from AVStoDVD.

The first one:

GENERAL INFO
    PathName: C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\xxx\Multimedia\Videos\PokerSt ars.net The Big Game\The Big Game - Episode 1.mp4
    FileName: The Big Game - Episode 1
    FileExt: mp4
    FileSize: 287.8 MB
    Container Format: MPEG-4
    Video Tracks: 1
    Audio Tracks: 1
    Text Tracks: 0

VIDEO INFO
    Time: 44:00 minutes
    Compression: AVC
    BitRate Mode: VBR
    Avg BitRate: 800 kbps
    Min BitRate:
    Max BitRate: 10 kbps
    Resolution: 640x360
    Display AspectRatio: 1.778
    Pixel AspectRatio: 1
    Frame AspectRatio: 1.778
    Standard:
    FrameRate Mode: CFR
    FrameRate: 29.97 fps
    Frame Count: 79150
    Scan Type: Progressive
    Field Order:

AUDIO INFO (Track 0)
    ID: 2 (0x2)
    Time: 44:00 minutes
    Compression: AAC LC
    BitRate Mode: CBR
    Avg BitRate: 111 kbps
    Channels: 2
    SampleRate: 48000 Hz
    Resolution:
    Language: en
    Delay:

The second:

GENERAL INFO
    PathName: E:\7.04_ott_njd_720p_home.mp4
    FileName: 7.04_ott_njd_720p_home
    FileExt: mp4
    FileSize: 2085.3 MB
    Container Format: MPEG-4
    Video Tracks: 1
    Audio Tracks: 1
    Text Tracks: 0

VIDEO INFO
    Time: 1:33:16 hours
    Compression: AVC
    BitRate Mode:
    Avg BitRate: 2861 kbps
    Min BitRate:
    Max BitRate:
    Resolution: 1280x720
    Display AspectRatio: 1.778
    Pixel AspectRatio: 1
    Frame AspectRatio: 1.778
    Standard:
    FrameRate Mode: VFR
    FrameRate: 29.97 fps
    Frame Count: 167733
    Scan Type: Progressive
    Field Order:

AUDIO INFO (Track 0)
    ID: 2 (0x2)
    Time: 1:33:16 hours
    Compression: AAC LC
    BitRate Mode: VBR
    Avg BitRate: 126 kbps
    Channels: 2
    SampleRate: 44100 Hz
    Resolution:
    Language:
    Delay:

Should I try to randomly burn a new disk in order to get a new log file?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Since the file is 1.77 aspect ratio (16x9), if you set AVStoDVD to produce a 16x9 DVD
    (edit title/video tab/video aspect ratio widescreen 16x9), you should get a file without letterbox
    *assuming* the original file does not have any black bars.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Since the file is 1.77 aspect ratio (16x9), if you set AVStoDVD to produce a 16x9 DVD
    (edit title/video tab/video aspect ratio widescreen 16x9), you should get a file without letterbox
    I thought I had done so previously, but I'll try it again, remembering to keep the project log when finished. Any ideas as to the cause of my audio sync problem for the latter video?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jc daly View Post
    I thought I had done so previously, but I'll try it again, remembering to keep the project log when finished. Any ideas as to the cause of my audio sync problem for the latter video?
    Perhaps an AVStoDVD log, and a link to the video may be useful...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    I've been doing some experimenting with AVStoDVD to produce oversized dvds, combining three or four dvd movies into one very large dvd-video that can be used as input into DVD2BD Express. Using a custom output size of 23500mb, and setting the program to not re-encode dvd compliant video and audio streams, I've been successful at making several oversized dvds in the 13 to 19gb range. Everything seems to work....menu, subtitles, etc, but chapter navigation is hit or miss. Not a huge issue, since DVD2BD Express can't seem to cope with chapter points when converting to blu ray structure.

The one problem that keeps cropping up is an error message from ffmpeg, saying the video is 0 bytes. You are given the option to ignore this error, and the process continues without issues, but it certainly stops everything till you intervene.

So far, your program is the only free one I've found to make these oversized dvds. I can make them in DVDLab Pro as well, but I've been looking for a free solution for combining dvd videos into blu ray format and making full use of the 25gb discs.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    The main point is that, very very often, not-100%-legal material is poorly encoded and I really do not like to spend my time in trying to understand how to fix junk AVI/MKV/MP4 and convert them to DVD. There is so many other ways to spend free time... Your source AVI will surely not fit the case, but I think you may agree with the general statement.

Bye

I do sometimes run into damaged or poorly encoded sources, but fortunately not all that often -- nor (surprisingly) as often as some reports I hear from others. I can appreciate how you might not wish to devote much time to analyzing such flaws. What I seem to be finding is that one of the most common issues -- when there is a problem -- is that the video file index is trashed or maybe not even there. Symptoms of that might include freezing, stop & start, inability to seek or fast forward. This may or may not be evident even when the video is played in software players like VLC. If one somehow managed to render it to DVD format, it will likely be noted when trying to play the DVD.

In such cases, I've had a fair amount of success from rebuilding the index with Womble MPEG Wizard (for .MPGs), or AVIdemux. And possibly there are some other tools for doing this, for other formats. I have in this way resuscitated video sources that had previously crashed AVS in their "unrepaired" state. Just noting that this can be worth a try, before one gives up on a video.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  17. @Kerry56

thanks for the report on producing a "BD like" output with AVStoDVD. Never thought about that capability. About the ffmpeg error message, do you get it from AVStoDVD or from DVD2BD?

@Seeker47

I agree, Avidemux can sometimes do miracles in repairing badly formatted A/V streams. A must have for everyone.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    ^MrC
    The ffmpeg error message pops up when running AVStoDVD. The output from AVStoDVD doesn't seem to be adversely affected, but it would be disconcerting to anyone trying to follow my instructions on making such an oversized dvd.

So far DVD2BD Express is working well with the oversized dvd, and keeps the menu intact. It doesn't keep chapter points, so skipping forward or back within the blu ray video doesn't work, but it can fast forward or reverse with no issues.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    The ffmpeg error message pops up when running AVStoDVD. The output from AVStoDVD doesn't seem to be adversely affected, but it would be disconcerting to anyone trying to follow my instructions on making such an oversized dvd.
    At what step does the message pop up? Do you have a project log to contextualize it?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    The error message comes up relatively quickly. In this particular case, I only got the error message once, during the first movie video demuxing. Here is the log file:
    Four SciFi Movies_0.log
    I've looked through the log, but see no mention of the error there.

Edit: I do see where it is in the log now.
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Created File: H:\AVS Output\Four SciFi Movies_0_Title_01_Battle Los Angeles.m2v (3525.3 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 0 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 0 seconds - 12 frames

But as I said, it doesn't seem to cause problems in compiling the dvd.

As a side note, importing the dvd video straight into AVStoDVD didn't work well at all. I tried this on the first oversized movie attempt and after indexing with DGIndex I was looking at 23 gb instead of 13 and I couldn't get the program to leave the video and audio streams untouched. Since then, I have been using Vob2Mpg to take the movies from dvd-video format to mpeg files before importing them. This has worked well, but if you want the subtitles, that takes an extra step to extract them and import into AVStoDVD.
    Last edited by Kerry56; 18th Jul 2012 at 23:51.
    Quote Quote  
  21. @Kerry56

from the log file, there are 4 titles, all mpeg2 sources. Only 1st title has problems after processing:

<7/16/2012 10:19:01 PM>
    TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: H:\AVS Output\Battle Los Angeles.mpg
    Info: MPEG-2 Video - 4467 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 1:56:07 hours - 167061 frames
    Audio 1: H:\AVS Output\Battle Los Angeles.mpg
    Info: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:56:07 hours (0 ms delay) - Internal
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.50]
    <>

<7/16/2012 10:20:34 PM>
    Created File: H:\AVS Output\Four SciFi Movies_0_Title_01_Battle Los Angeles.m2v (3525.3 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 0 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 0 seconds - 12 frames
    <>

<7/16/2012 10:21:36 PM>
    TITLE 2 SOURCE FILES
    Video: H:\AVS Output\Cowboys and Aliens.mpg
    Info: MPEG-2 Video - 5140 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 1:58:32 hours - 170531 frames
    Audio 1: H:\AVS Output\Cowboys and Aliens.mpg
    Info: AC3 - 224 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:58:31 hours (0 ms delay) - Internal
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.50]
    <>

<7/16/2012 10:23:22 PM>
    Created File: H:\AVS Output\Four SciFi Movies_0_Title_02_Cowboys and Aliens.m2v (4147.6 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4924 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 1:58:33 hours - 170552 frames
    <>

<7/16/2012 10:24:32 PM>
    TITLE 3 SOURCE FILES
    Video: H:\AVS Output\Super 8.mpg
    Info: MPEG-2 Video - 5183 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 1:51:48 hours - 160840 frames
    Audio 1: H:\AVS Output\Super 8.mpg
    Info: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:51:47 hours (0 ms delay) - Internal
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.50]
    <>

<7/16/2012 10:26:14 PM>
    Created File: H:\AVS Output\Four SciFi Movies_0_Title_03_Super 8.m2v (3946.1 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4968 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 1:51:48 hours - 160846 frames
    <>

<7/16/2012 10:27:24 PM>
    TITLE 4 SOURCE FILES
    Video: H:\AVS Output\Tron Legacy.m2v
    Info: MPEG-2 Video - 4384 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 2:05:13 hours - 180146 frames
    Audio 1: H:\AVS Output\Tron Legacy.ac3
    Info: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 2:05:13 hours (0 ms delay) - External
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.50]
    <>

<7/16/2012 10:28:28 PM>
    Created File: H:\AVS Output\Four SciFi Movies_0_Title_04_Tron Legacy.m2v (3900.9 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4384 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 2:05:13 hours - 180146 frames
    <>
    Are you aware of any differences between 1st title and the other three?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    No, I don't believe there are any major differences, though the sources are different. The one giving an error message is a straight dvd rip, two of the others are dvds I made from my blu ray originals using BD Rebuilder. All were converted to mpeg2 files using Vob2Mpg prior to importing to AVStoDVD as I already mentioned.

Playback is fine when watching any of the individual movies from the hard drive. And all of them play correctly from the oversized dvd I made and the final blu ray version.

So I have no idea what is triggering the error message. The first of these oversized dvds I completed, I used three other movies, all of them straight dvd rips, and got three of these same error messages, but no ill effects in the output.
    Quote Quote  
  23. New 2.5.0 alpha release is available.

Cumulative change list from 2.4.2:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added Quick StartUp Tutorial to setup main AVStoDVD preferences
    - Added possibility to customize GUI language. Support to create translation ini files is welcome!
    - Added support to HCenc *ZONE command (to increase or lower bitrate for parts of the video)
    - Added 160 kbps as supported bitrate for MP2 and AC3 audio encoding
    - Added 160 kbps to DVD compliant audio bitrates list for MP2 and AC3
    - Added 'Set encoding Priority' in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - Added 'Encoding Window Style' in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - Added Preferences Paths integrity check at startup
    - Added question messages (Yes/No) with automatic default reply at runtime
    - Added 'Seek Chapters' option in 'Title Edit'/'Chapters'
    - Added AviSynth library 'Downmix.avsi' (thanks to tebasuna51)
    - Removed 'Display errors messages at runtime' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - Replaced 'Keep DVD Compliant Video/Audio' with 'Video/Audio Direct Stream Copy' in 'Title Edit'
    - Improved FrameRate detection routine with MediaInfo
    - Improved support to SubStation Alpha subtitles (ssa/ass)
    - Improved 'Fix SRT' routine for authored subtitles
    - Improved audio channels downmix routine
    - MuxMan updated to 0.16.8
    - FFmpeg updated to N-35509
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.57

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    I see you've added a timer and default action to continue processing the videos in the Alpha version. That should solve the glitch in ffmpeg well enough and allow unattended encoding. Thanks for the help MrC.
    Quote Quote  
  25. I'm not sure this is the best way to post this & I hope it is within forum rules .
    If not I'm a newbie to this forum . A link to the forum rules would help. I didn't see one.

@ _MrC_ ,

I've been working with AVStoDVD to first convert a NTCS DVD to PAL which I did with some effort.
    I needed this because I was trying to help someone do it the other direction .
    A PAL DVD to NTSC .
    If nothing else it might let you test to see if you get the horizontal lines on the movie John Carter .
    If you have it to test with.
    These are links to the topic & a specific post on another forum:

Thread

26. @cholla

let's start (as usual) from the AVStoDVD project log file. Post it here.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  27. First thank you for resopnding _MrC_ .

I only have the last log right now but I will let AVStoDVD go through the process that has the correct length video but horizontal bars.
    Then post that one also.

If I need to save any other file like working or temp. I will. If there is any other information I can provide I will do my best to do that.

This is the one that I use the non indexed .m2v & .ac3 file with. Note that both of those files are 2:12:01 hours long.
    To clarify non indexed I mean by AVStoDVD . I ndexed it from the PAL DVD with DGIndex .
    The DVD compliant folder I end up with is only 1:02:25 hours . The audio sync is also off but I think this is due to the shorter video legnth. There are no horizontal bars & it looks good.
    Code:
    <7/22/2012 3:19:43 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>
    PROJECT SETTINGS
    DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4450/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: L:\PAL\AVStoDVD\JOHN_CARTER
    Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
    Delete Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window
    PREFERENCES
    MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: BilinearResize/BilinearResize
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Video Resolution: 1
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 8500
    Video Profile Level 2: 8500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 3
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 384
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 10
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: D: BENQ DVD DD DW1650 BCIC
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Display errors messages: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    <>
    TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.m2v
    Info: MPEG-2 Video - 4284 kbps - 720x576 - DAR 1.778 - 24 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:3 Pulldown) - 2:12:01 hours - 190119 frames
    Audio 1: L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.ac3
    Info: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 2:12:01 hours (0 ms delay) - External
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.50]
    <>
    AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")
    Video = A2DVideoSource("L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.m2v", CacheFolder="L:\AtoD\Temp", FrameRate=24, VFR=false)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.ac3", CacheFolder="L:\AtoD\Temp")
    Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.BilinearResize(720,480)
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>
    START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 3966.4 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v
    *LOGFILE L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 4200
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 0
    *DC_PREC 9
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 2
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>
    <7/22/2012 4:09:06 PM>
    A2DVideoSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v (1874.9 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4226 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 24 fps (CFR) - Progressive (TFF) - 1:02:25 hours - 89896 frames
    <>
    <7/22/2012 4:09:06 PM>
    START PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown Parameters: "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v" -srcfps 24.000 -destfps 29.97 -inplace -tff
    <>
    <7/22/2012 4:11:36 PM>
    END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown executed on File: L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v (1874.9 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4227 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 1:02:25 hours - 89805 frames
    <>
    <7/22/2012 4:21:55 PM>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.ac3" -acodec copy "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_1.ToFix.ac3"
    <>
    <7/22/2012 4:22:43 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_1.ac3 (362.6 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 2:12:01 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>
    <7/22/2012 4:22:43 PM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_BatchMux.ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "L:\PAL\AVStoDVD\JOHN_CARTER\DVD_0\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_MuxMan.mxp"
    -l "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_MuxMan.log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_Palette.txt"
    -v "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -cellfr "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_Chapters.txt"
    <>
    <7/22/2012 4:24:25 PM>
    CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 2088.8 MB
    vs Estimated Size: 4450 MB -> 53.1% undersize
    vs Assets Size: 2237.5 MB -> OK
    <>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: L:\PAL\AVStoDVD\JOHN_CARTER\DVD_0 (2088.8 MB)
    <>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.4.2
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  28. I looked a bit more & found a log of the video with the horizontal bars . These show up on even light action & are sever on heavy action.
    On a 19" computer monitoer they are small but on a 46" wide screen TV they are about 1/8th " .
    Heres the other log:
    Code:
    <7/21/2012 8:47:59 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>
    PROJECT SETTINGS
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4450/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    Output Folder: L:\PAL\AVStoDVD\JOHN_CARTER f
    PREFERENCES
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: BilinearResize/BilinearResize
    Video Resolution: 1
    Video BitRate Level 1: 8500
    Video Profile Level 2: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 0
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 384
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    Chapters Interval: 10
    DVD Burning Drive: D: BENQ DVD DD DW1650 BCIC
    <>
    TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.d2v
    Info: DGIndex - 4284 kbps - 720x576 - DAR 1.778 - 25 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:3 Pulldown) - 2:12:01 hours - 198042 frames
    Audio 1: L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.ac3
    Info: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 2:12:01 hours (0 ms delay) - External
    [A2DInfo.avsi]
    <>
    AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\DGIndex\DGDecode.dll")
    Video = MPEG2Source("L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.d2v")
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.ac3", CacheFolder="L:\AtoD\Temp")
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.BilinearResize(720,480)
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>
    Target Video FileSize: 3966.4 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v
    *LOGFILE L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 4200
    *PROFILE BEST
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 0
    *DC_PREC 9
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 2
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>
    <7/21/2012 10:43:55 PM>
    Created File: L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v (3954.1 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4215 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 25 fps (CFR) - Progressive (TFF) - 2:12:01 hours - 198042 frames
    <>
    <7/21/2012 10:43:55 PM>
    START PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown Parameters: "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v" -srcfps 25.000 -destfps 29.97 -inplace -tff
    <>
    <7/21/2012 10:53:00 PM>
    END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown executed on File: L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v (3954.1 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4215 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 2:12:01 hours - 237410 frames
    <>
    <7/21/2012 10:53:00 PM>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "L:\PAL\DGIndex\JOHN_CARTER.ac3" -acodec copy "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_1.ToFix.ac3"
    <>
    <7/21/2012 10:54:20 PM>
    Created File: L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_1.ac3 (362.6 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 2:12:01 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>
    <7/21/2012 10:54:20 PM>
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_BatchMux.ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "L:\PAL\AVStoDVD\JOHN_CARTER f\DVD_0\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_MuxMan.mxp"
    -l "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_MuxMan.log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "L:\AtoD\Temp\DVD_0_Palette.txt"
    -v "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -cellfr "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "L:\AtoD\Assets\DVD_0_JOHN_CARTER_Chapters.txt"
    <>
    <7/21/2012 10:59:49 PM>
    CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 4407.5 MB
    vs Estimated Size: 4450 MB -> 1.0% undersize
    vs Assets Size: 4316.7 MB -> OK
    <>
    Created Folder: L:\PAL\AVStoDVD\JOHN_CARTER f\DVD_0 (4407.5 MB)
    <>
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jc daly View Post
    Perhaps an AVStoDVD log, and a link to the video may be useful...
    Still got the bars on my TV, and that one video file is still out of sync. Unfortunately, I can't link to the video, as I got it from a private torrent tracker site, but here's the DVD log if that helps:

<7/22/2012 1:54:55 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Titles number: 2
    DVD Size: 4449/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: Burn DVD
    Output Folder: C:\Users\Home\Videos

PREFERENCES

AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline64Resize
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 4500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    Chapters Interval: 5
    DVD Burning Drive: F: ATAPI DVD A DH16A6S YL33
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Dan's\Multimedia\Videos\Poker Stars.net The Big Game\The Big Game - Episode 1.mp4
    Info: AVC - 799 kbps - 640x360 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 44:00 minutes - 79150 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Dan's\Multimedia\Videos\Poker Stars.net The Big Game\The Big Game - Episode 1.mp4
    Info: AAC LC - 110 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 44:00 minutes (0 ms delay) - Internal
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.50]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Dan's\Multime dia\Videos\PokerStars.net The Big Game\The Big Game - Episode 1.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=29.97, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\Dan\Desktop\Dan's\Multime dia\Videos\PokerStars.net The Big Game\The Big Game - Episode 1.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

Target Video FileSize: 1326.1 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_Title_01_T he Big Game - Episode 1.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_Title_01_Th e Big Game - Episode 1_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_The Big Game - Episode 1.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_Title_01_Th e Big Game - Episode 1.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 4212
    *PROFILE BEST
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 40
    *DC_PREC 9
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<7/22/2012 2:26:22 PM>
    Created File: C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_The Big Game - Episode 1.m2v (1326.5 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4241 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive (TFF) - 44:01 minutes - 79151 frames
    <>

<7/22/2012 2:26:22 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_Title_01_T he Big Game - Episode 1_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_The Big Game - Episode 1_1.ac3"
    <>

<7/22/2012 2:26:44 PM>
    A2DAudioSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_The Big Game - Episode 1_1.ac3 (60.4 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 44:00 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

TITLE 2 SOURCE FILES
    Video: E:\7.04_ott_njd_720p_home.mp4
    Info: AVC - 2861 kbps - 1280x720 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (VFR) - Progressive - 1:33:16 hours - 167733 frames
    Audio 1: E:\7.04_ott_njd_720p_home.mp4
    Info: AAC LC - 125 kbps - VBR - 2 ch - 44100 Hz - 1:33:16 hours (0 ms delay) - Internal
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.50]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("E:\7.04_ott_njd_720p_home.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=29.97, VFR=true)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("E:\7.04_ott_njd_720p_home.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertFPS("ntsc_video")
    Video = Video.Spline64Resize(720,480)

Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

Target Video FileSize: 2810.3 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_Title_02_7 .04_ott_njd_720p_home.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_Title_02_7. 04_ott_njd_720p_home_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_02_7.04_ott_njd_7 20p_home.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_Title_02_7. 04_ott_njd_720p_home.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 4212
    *PROFILE BEST
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 40
    *DC_PREC 9
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<7/22/2012 4:35:50 PM>
    Created File: C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_02_7.04_ott_njd_7 20p_home.m2v (2811.2 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4241 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive (TFF) - 1:33:16 hours - 167733 frames
    <>

<7/22/2012 4:35:50 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_Title_02_7 .04_ott_njd_720p_home_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_02_7.04_ott_njd_ 720p_home_1.ac3"
    <>

<7/22/2012 4:40:27 PM>
    A2DAudioSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_02_7.04_ott_njd_7 20p_home_1.ac3 (128.1 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:33:16 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>

<7/22/2012 4:40:27 PM>
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_BatchMux.i ni"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_MuxMan.mxp "
    -l "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_MuxMan.log "
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_Palette.tx t"
    -v "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_The Big Game - Episode 1.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_The Big Game - Episode 1_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -cellfr "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_The Big Game - Episode 1_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_The Big Game - Episode 1_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_01_The Big Game - Episode 1_Chapters.txt"
    -SEG2v "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_02_7.04_ott_njd_ 720p_home.m2v"
    -SEG2vidmode LB
    -SEG2a1 "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_02_7.04_ott_njd_ 720p_home_1.ac3"
    -SEG2a1lang en
    -SEG2cellfr "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_02_7.04_ott_njd_ 720p_home_Chapters.txt"
    -SEG2progfr "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_02_7.04_ott_njd_ 720p_home_Chapters.txt"
    -SEG2chapfr "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1_Title_02_7.04_ott_njd_ 720p_home_Chapters.txt"

<>

<7/22/2012 4:49:30 PM>
    CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 4426.5 MB
    vs Estimated Size: 4449 MB -> 0.5% undersize
    vs Assets Size: 4326.3 MB -> OK
    <>

<7/22/2012 4:49:30 PM>
    Created Folder: C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1 (4426.5 MB)
    <>

<7/22/2012 4:49:32 PM>
    START DVD BURNING OPERATIONS
    ImgBurn (DVD) Parameters: /mode isobuild /buildmode device /src "C:\Users\Home\Videos\DVD_1\VIDEO_TS" /dest F: /volumelabel "DVD" /speed 4x /erase /testmode no /verify no /noimagedetails /start /waitformedia /close /log "C:\Users\Home\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_1_ImgBurn.lo g"
    <>

<7/22/2012 5:05:01 PM>
    END DVD BURNING OPERATIONS
    Created DVD: 'DVD' in drive F: ATAPI DVD A DH16A6S YL33
    Average Write Rate: 5,422 KB/s (3.9x) - Maximum Write Rate: 5,587 KB/s (4.0x)
    <>

<7/22/2012 5:05:01 PM>
    <>

Also including some pictures of the remaining bars

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010107.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	624.3 KB
ID:	13168Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010104.JPG
Views:	259
Size:	650.3 KB
ID:	13169
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What bars are you talking about? I'm looking at your images above and I'm not sure what you mean.
    Are you talking about the letterboxing?

If that's the problem AVStoDVD has preserved the aspect ratio of the source.
    If you want to distort the image and fill the screen, you can.
    Right click the title and somewhere amongst the options is a place to change the aspect ratio.
    Set it to 4x3 (1.333) and re-encode the DVD.
    Last edited by davexnet; 24th Jul 2012 at 00:13.
    Quote Quote