VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 137
FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by jc daly View Post
    I've only used AVStoDVD once before and succesfully burned a DVD without any problems. I opened it again tonight to try and burn another, but got this message: "Warning! ImgBurn NOT found!" and it goes on to say that ISO building and burning are disabled. After seeing the FAQ entry for this, I noticed my copy of ImgBurn was not in the listed path, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it here: "'C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe'" but it still didn't work. The FAQ also said to check to see if the Windows Registry key "'HKCU\SOFTWARE\ImgBurn\InstallDirectory" exists. I not nearly computer literate enough to know how to do that or what it means even, lol. Can anyone lend a hand?
    Have you used the full ImgBurn installer or did you just copy the files to the specified path?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi MrC & Seeker47

Once again thank you both for all your time & effort, it is so much appreciated.
    Your advice was good & everything is now working fine & the picture is perfect.

If anyone has similar problems here’s simple guide to solve the codec problem with a W7 system:
    (I took MrC & Seeker47’s advice - I prefer self contained programs too so…)
    I uninstalled both codec packs plus ‘ffdshow’ & ‘AviSynth’ (followed by a quick registry clean up – I used CCleaner).
    Then I did a system restart & installed the latest stable versions of ffdshow & AviSynth.
    With both programs stick to the default settings but in ffdshow you will need to change 2 settings – in the Video decoder configuration set ‘raw video’ to ‘all supported’ & in the Audio decoder configuration set ‘uncompressed’ to ‘all supported.’
    Then you need to install ‘Haali media splitter’ (& ‘flvsplitter’ if use the Flash Video File (flv) format).
    Finally you need to install the W7 preferred filter tweaker (currently Win7DSFilterTweaker53.exe) making sure to change all the default settings to ffdshow.

Everything on my system is working fine – the codec packs were only needed for older inferior programs I tried in the past.

Thanks again for your great program!
    Last edited by lain (SEL); 25th Jun 2012 at 23:25. Reason: updated
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Originally Posted by jc daly View Post
    I've only used AVStoDVD once before and succesfully burned a DVD without any problems. I opened it again tonight to try and burn another, but got this message: "Warning! ImgBurn NOT found!" and it goes on to say that ISO building and burning are disabled. After seeing the FAQ entry for this, I noticed my copy of ImgBurn was not in the listed path, so I uninstalled and reinstalled it here: "'C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe'" but it still didn't work. The FAQ also said to check to see if the Windows Registry key "'HKCU\SOFTWARE\ImgBurn\InstallDirectory" exists. I not nearly computer literate enough to know how to do that or what it means even, lol. Can anyone lend a hand?
    Have you used the full ImgBurn installer or did you just copy the files to the specified path?

Bye
    MrC, yes, I did use the full installer from the ImgBurn website. Was that a mistake?
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    MrC, yes, I did use the full installer from the ImgBurn website. Was that a mistake?
    That should not be a factor, I think. I've had ImgBurn installed since long before I ever knew of AVStoDVD. (IB being installed by its full installer, of course.) If memory serves, various versions of AVS just deferred to the already installed current version of IB, whatever it was. No doubt I needed to make sure the path specifications were correct in AVS, but that would have been about it.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    The best method if codec problems are suspected is to uninstall all the codec packs and related items
    and run filmerit to get an evaluation of any errors/problems in the directshow database.
    This tool can also fix (remove) the invalid entries.
    Where are the codecs located in Windows 7? In which folder or directory?

If I were to uninstall all the codecs I presume programs such as Windows Media Player would not function. How would you ever figure out which codecs Windows installed and that may need to be reinstalled? I don't have a problem & am just curious.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jc daly View Post
    No mistake, that's the correct procedure. BTW it is very strange that the Windows Registry key has not been updated during the ImgBurn installation.

Are you able to use ImgBurn alone? You can use AVStoDVD to create the VIDEO_TS DVD structure and then burn that using ImgBurn. Many users do prefer this latter procedure to verify the output of encoding before the burning step.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    The best method if codec problems are suspected is to uninstall all the codec packs and related items
    and run filmerit to get an evaluation of any errors/problems in the directshow database.
    This tool can also fix (remove) the invalid entries.
    Where are the codecs located in Windows 7? In which folder or directory?

If I were to uninstall all the codecs I presume programs such as Windows Media Player would not function. How would you ever figure out which codecs Windows installed and that may need to be reinstalled? I don't have a problem & am just curious.
    Mike,
    third party codecs could be anywhere. You use the tool to remove invalid registry entries related to any leftovers
    from codecs you may have installed but were not cleaned up properly when uninstalled
    The method is pretty much as I outlined. Uninstall all third party codecs.
    Use the tool to see if any errors are present. Delete entries (if any) identified as bad that belong to those third party codecs.
    After the cleanup install FFDSHow and Haali, which is good for most people. If you have specific codec requirements
    elaborate further.

If the tool identifies invalid entries and you're not sure what they are, you could post their names here and
    somebody will help to identify them.

Do you have a 64-bit OS and did you install any 64-bit codecs? That is one scenario I'm not sure Filmerit will cover.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mike,
    third party codecs could be anywhere. You use the tool to remove invalid registry entries related to any leftovers
    from codecs you may have installed but were not cleaned up properly when uninstalled
    The method is pretty much as I outlined. Uninstall all third party codecs.
    Use the tool to see if any errors are present. Delete entries (if any) identified as bad that belong to those third party codecs.
    After the cleanup install FFDSHow and Haali, which is good for most people. If you have specific codec requirements
    elaborate further.

If the tool identifies invalid entries and you're not sure what they are, you could post their names here and
    somebody will help to identify them.

Do you have a 64-bit OS and did you install any 64-bit codecs? That is one scenario I'm not sure Filmerit will cover.
    I have Windows 7 64 bit. I never installed any separate codecs. Whatever I have came with Windows or VLC or other video player software. Or whatever came with AVStoDVD & its associated programs such as ffdshow.

As mentioned I do not have a problem, but want to learn a few things in case I do have a problem. I frequently see postings about deleting & installing codecs but have no idea where to look for them, let alone how to delete or add new ones.

When I go through Windows Media Player > Help > About WMP > Technical Support Information it lists 12 Audio & 11 Video codecs which does not seem excessive. But it does not indicate where these are located. I just want to know more about what is or is not needed in case I do have to make changes.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mike, most of the MS codecs are all in one program, quartz.dll.
    You can review the gory details in Graphstudio or Filmerit:

Click image for larger version

Name:	quartz.JPG
Views:	236
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	12869
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No mistake, that's the correct procedure. BTW it is very strange that the Windows Registry key has not been updated during the ImgBurn installation.

Are you able to use ImgBurn alone? You can use AVStoDVD to create the VIDEO_TS DVD structure and then burn that using ImgBurn. Many users do prefer this latter procedure to verify the output of encoding before the burning step.

Bye
    As I mentioned, the program gave me no problems the first time I used it. It's only during this second time that it's giving me problems, so I don't know that it's a problem during installation(not that I know much about the inner workings of programs). I did try to use AVStoDVD without the Burning part of it. But now I get a message when I try to Start the encoding operations that says, "Cannot create 'Temp folder.' Please check 'Preferences'/'Temp Folder' path." I did and it leads to "C:\Users\'Me'\AppData\Local\Temp" which seems to make sense to me. Perhaps a complete uninstall/reinstall is in order?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In addition to the audio & video codecs I previously mention there are over 100 dll files, but I did not see a quartz.dll file, at least not viewing these through WMP. I took a look in the windows\system32 directory & did not see it either. I’ll try one of the programs you mentioned & see what I can find.

Thanks for all the information.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi MrC
    Thought you might be interested - I just tried the FFMpegSource option to convert one of the MKV files to DVD & the result is still pixelated/ erratic weird colours. Don't know if the log file will help so I'll send you a link so you can download the file & see for yourself. The file is perfectly legal at the moment but being a new on going anime series the fansubs will be stopped if & when it is fully licenced in the US, so I won't post the link here.
    As the original settings produce a perfect result I'm happy.
    Thanks once again.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lain (SEL) View Post
    Hi MrC
    Thought you might be interested - I just tried the FFMpegSource option to convert one of the MKV files to DVD & the result is still pixelated/ erratic weird colours. Don't know if the log file will help so I'll send you a link so you can download the file & see for yourself. The file is perfectly legal at the moment but being a new on going anime series the fansubs will be stopped if & when it is fully licenced in the US, so I won't post the link here.
    As the original settings produce a perfect result I'm happy.
    Thanks once again.
    Lain,
    I believe the file you are trying to convert is 10-bit H264. I'm not sure how FFMpegsource will handle that
    if at all. You should try a 10-bit enabled version of the FFDShow tryouts and ensure that the MKV plays properly
    in Windows media player before doing the conversion (using directshowsource)
    https://www.videohelp.com/download/ffdshow_rev4453_20120521_clsid.exe
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    In addition to the audio & video codecs I previously mention there are over 100 dll files, but I did not see a quartz.dll file, at least not viewing these through WMP. I took a look in the windows\system32 directory & did not see it either. I’ll try one of the programs you mentioned & see what I can find.

Thanks for all the information.
    Mike, I did my screen shot from XP. It's entierly possible the names have changed in Windows 7.
    Is the name important?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jc daly View Post
    As I mentioned, the program gave me no problems the first time I used it. It's only during this second time that it's giving me problems, so I don't know that it's a problem during installation(not that I know much about the inner workings of programs). I did try to use AVStoDVD without the Burning part of it. But now I get a message when I try to Start the encoding operations that says, "Cannot create 'Temp folder.' Please check 'Preferences'/'Temp Folder' path." I did and it leads to "C:\Users\'Me'\AppData\Local\Temp" which seems to make sense to me. Perhaps a complete uninstall/reinstall is in order?
    Yes, a complete unistall/reinstall of AVStoDVD and ImbBurn could definitively help. During AVStoDVD unistall, click yes to Windows registry key delete request.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mike, I did my screen shot from XP. It's entierly possible the names have changed in Windows 7.
    Is the name important?
    The name is not important at all. I was just trying to figure out where some of the codecs were located.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, a complete unistall/reinstall of AVStoDVD and ImbBurn could definitively help. During AVStoDVD unistall, click yes to Windows registry key delete request.

Bye
    It worked! Thanks MrC!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have some MKV files; Three episodes of Alphas - media info files attached.

When I try to convert these using AVStoDVD 2.4.2 it always crashed with a buffer under flow. I have tried using bitrates from 4000 - 9000 and I always get the same result.

I have attached the log files.

Can someone please help me resolve this issue.

thank you.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  19. Try to force HCenc instead of QuEnc. You can do that either from 'Preferences'/'Video' (select one of the two HCenc profiles and then lock the bitrates level with the proper button) or title by title from 'Edit Title'/'Video'.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI MrC,
    I also had a similar problem to the above. It occurred on an MKV file with built in subs.
    One thing that occurred to me, if you have directvobsub (or FFDshow/subtitles) active, those subs will
    be picked up and hard coded in the DVD even if they're not selected in AVStyoDVD, picked up through directshow.

IN fact , using the method above (subtitles picked up automatically) was the only way the conversion worked.

Of course you have to test the source file before hand with graphstudio or WMP to make sure
    the subs are displaying.

This was a sample MKV file I downloaded to test out the 10-bit AVC using the recent builds of FFDshow.

EDIT - I disabled directshow auto subtitles and retried using AVStoDVD subtitles function.
    I had the SRT separate on my desktop. The authoring stage crashed with subs enabled but worked
    fine when subs were removed from the project.
    Last edited by davexnet; 2nd Jul 2012 at 15:11.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Hi Dave,

sorry, I'm not sure to have got the whole picture: did you get buffer underrun error (like Yanta) with subs frameserved by directvobsub? And with subs disabled in ffdshow (and not added as selectable subs to AVStoDVD), authoring was fine? Instead with subs added as selectable, Muxman had crashed?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI MrC,
    With subs not selected in AVStoDVD but allowing FFDShow to frameserve the subs (directshow mechanism)
    the file encoded and authored properly.

With dshow subs completely disabled, and subs not selected in AVStoDVD (so no subs at all) the operation also ended normally.

With dshow subs disabled and subs added to the AVStoDVD project (separate SRT file),
    muxman failed. Here's the details. Let me know if you'd like some extra info.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  23. Very interesting: it seems that the sup file is adding that pinch of bitrate that is causing the buffer underrun. See BatchMux log:

Code:
    -- Bitrate - avg: 7333712, min: 5695936 (lba 144031), max: 13669184 (lba 173990).
    What about using HCenc? It should control much better the overall bitrate, hence a small spike coming from the sup should not be a trouble.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Something weird that I've never seen before with AVS happened on the last job. It was a collection of 7 or 8 videos -- nearly all of them the same type of .Wmv, with a total running time of 1H. 48M. I let it run overnight, because it was late and I wasn't going to stay up another hour or so to wait for it to complete. This morning, I found the job had encoded to around the 6th. clip, leaving an error message "FFMpeg.Exe is not a valid Win32 application." WTF !? Before jumping to any conclusions, I'm going to see if this failure is repeatable. (I'm still running v. 2.4.1)

[The computer had been running continuously for a few days, which is not really the norm here. I did notice a couple of other anomalies when I found that error the next morning. There were a couple of frozen "ghost" mouse pointers, in addition to the active one, and I had lost contact with an outboard e-SATA drive. So, that seems to raise the possibility of some hardware glitch being involved, rather than this being an AVS issue.]

A related question: if your AVS job bombs out, but was partially completed, leaving behind a bunch of .m2v and .ac3 files in the Temp directory, is there anything that can still be done with them, to avoid having to do that part over again ? Or is it just a case where you might as well toss them ?
    Last edited by Seeker47; 3rd Jul 2012 at 12:09.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Very interesting: it seems that the sup file is adding that pinch of bitrate that is causing the buffer underrun. See BatchMux log:

Code:
    -- Bitrate - avg: 7333712, min: 5695936 (lba 144031), max: 13669184 (lba 173990).
    What about using HCenc? It should control much better the overall bitrate, hence a small spike coming from the sup should not be a trouble.

Bye
    MrC, also failed with HCenc 1-pass (I had set the bitrate to 7000, similar to the earlier Quenc attempt)
    Here's the log.

thanks,
    Dave
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    A related question: if your AVS job bombs out, but was partially completed, leaving behind a bunch of .m2v and .ac3 files in the Temp directory, is there anything that can still be done with them, to avoid having to do that part over again ? Or is it just a case where you might as well toss them ?
    Yes, you can recover the already encoded assets. Just delete the log file and run the project without changing anything.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    MrC, also failed with HCenc 1-pass (I had set the bitrate to 7000, similar to the earlier Quenc attempt)
    This time QuEnc is not the bad guy

Since the bitrate spike is so high (13000+ kbps), I would avoid to lower the video bitrate to compensate. Other possibilities:

- use a less demanding authoring sw, i.e. IfoEdit or dvdauthor
    - convert srt to sup with another subtitles sw

Let me know

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This time QuEnc is not the bad guy

Since the bitrate spike is so high (13000+ kbps), I would avoid to lower the video bitrate to compensate. Other possibilities:

- use a less demanding authoring sw, i.e. IfoEdit or dvdauthor
    - convert srt to sup with another subtitles sw

Let me know

Bye
    I'm still looking at it; I took the assets created by A2D (m2v,ac3 & sup) and fed them into Tmpgenc Authoring Works.
    This program rejected the video saying the GOP was too long. I'll see if I can find anything more.

EDIT perhaps a subs problem? There seems to be duplicates and other issues, the .ass was produced by
    mkvextract from the original MKV file. Importing the ass subs to a2d indeed fails at the subs processing

<7/3/2012 2:48:36 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "K:\Temp\DVD_2_lupin_01(10bit)_1.avs" - | "I:\itemp\AVStoDVD_250Alpha120621_NoInstall\Aften\ aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "K:\Temp\DVD_2_lupin_01(10bit)_1.ac3"
    <>

<7/3/2012 2:49:08 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: K:\Temp\DVD_2_lupin_01(10bit)_1.ac3 (31.6 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 22:59 minutes (0 ms delay)
    <>

<7/3/2012 2:49:08 PM>
    START SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    SSA/ASS to SRT conversion routine failed
    SubtitleCreator Parameters: "K:\Temp\DVD_2_lupin_01(10bit).srt" -p4 -i"I:\itemp\AVStoDVD_250Alpha120621_NoInstall\Subti tleCreator\Examples\VTS_01_1.IFO"
    <>

<7/3/2012 2:49:14 PM>
    ERROR DURING OPERATIONS ('Title 1 SUBS encoding operations start' Section): 0 -
    <>

PROCESS ABORTED.
    <>

Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.5.0 Alpha build 120621
    <>
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 3rd Jul 2012 at 17:53. Reason: new info
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Yes, you can recover the already encoded assets. Just delete the log file and run the project without changing anything.

Bye

Thanks, _MrC_,

That should come in handy in the future. My supposition appears to have been correct (re some sort of hardware event overnight), as I re-ran the same project today -- unchanged -- and it completed without errors.
    Quote Quote  
  30. [QUOTE=davexnet;2171846]
    EDIT perhaps a subs problem? There seems to be duplicates and other issues, the .ass was produced by
    mkvextract from the original MKV file. Importing the ass subs to a2d indeed fails at the subs processing
    Awful... see repetitions from subs #576 to #710...

I may improve the srt fixing routine to handle this kind of badly formatted subs. Meanwhile would you like to manually delete the duplicate subs and retry?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote