VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 137
FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 71 121 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Looking to improve picture quality. In Title AviSynth Settings Tab I usually use Sharpen with a .4-.6 setting. I don't think I need MSharpen. What does HQ3DND do and would it help to sharpen/improve the overall picture quality?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    In AVS, is there some way to have all of these titles be named in a Text Menu, yet still have the related "B-group" play continuously, as if they were one unit ? (I'm not thinking of some techie-tinkering with the likes of PGCedit, in order to accomplish this.) If not, is that a feature that could be implemented ?
    Right now, there's no way. AVStoDVD does not support nested titles. That feat is in my ToDo list since ages...

What you can do, instead, is to join the B-group titles in one single (AviSynth script based) title: 'Tools'/'Join Source Titles'.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by 2298 View Post
    Hi _MrC_,

First of all thank you for your great AVStoDVD software, it helps me a lot Anyway last time i'm using AVStoDVD 2.4.1 to convert 600MB of MKV file to DVD (NTSC - Default preferences), it took about 3 hours to complete, my PC spec are DualCore E5500 with 4GB memory. From your experience using AVStoDVD, is it too much time used for my PC spec to convert the file? Can you tell me your PC spec and how much time takes to convert a video file to DVD? Thank you in advance.
    Hi 2298 and thanks for the kind words.

Project time depends not only on the CPU/system speed but also on the source title length and project settings. Post here the project log file and we may understand if 3 hours is normal.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by djkilla View Post
    Looking to improve picture quality. In Title AviSynth Settings Tab I usually use Sharpen with a .4-.6 setting. I don't think I need MSharpen. What does HQ3DND do and would it help to sharpen/improve the overall picture quality?
    From the HQD3ND readme:

High Quality DeNoise 3D is an Avisynth 2.5 filter.
    It performs a 3-way low-pass filter, which can completely remove
    high-frequency noise while minimizing blending artifacts.
    I use it on indoor DV captures, or whenever the image is noisy and grainy.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI MrC,
    I guess this thread has been quiet recently (looks like you solved most of the problems )
    I have an MKV file that was giving me trouble when it came to synching the sound; the default script
    didn't work, I had to manually modify the Avisynth script to get an in-synch result.

Here's the file, 56MB, 1 minute 56 seconds. It's a variable frame rate clip of some Japanese anime voice actors
    recording their show.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rc0usgy97cgxw9b

Thanks,
    Dave
    Quote Quote  
  6. @davexnet

well, not all problems are solved: release 2.4.2 is almost ready and it will include many bugfixes.

I will have a look to the attached mkv. VFR are usually nightmare...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have two mpeg2 videos of the same movie. One is from a PAL VHS-to-DVD (NTSC) and the other from a LaserDisc-to-DVD (NTSC).

I was using AVStoDVD to make some sharpness and/or color adjustments within the AviSynth script

When I load the mpeg2 that was created from the PAL VHS source, I get a message that “MPEG2 Video stream found…”
    “It is strongly recommended to index it”

I click on Yes & everything proceeds properly & my adjustments are made.

However when I load the mpeg2 from the LD source I do not get this message and the video is "processed" in seconds with nothing done to it.

What could AVStoDVD be finding in one version that it is not finding in the other?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    However when I load the mpeg2 from the LD source I do not get this message and the video is "processed" in seconds with nothing done to it.
    Could you please post the AVStoDVD project log file? It contains useful info about the source title and about the process steps.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the log from the LaserDisc > DVD > mpeg2 video. I was trying the Sharpen function in AVStoDVD but the mpeg2 never gets indexed.

I can index the video using DGIndex by itself & then use that title to process the video and that appears to work properly.

<10/12/2011 12:45:02 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 115/4450 MB (3%)
    DVD Output Setup: MPEG2 File
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOTS TEST
    Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
    Delete Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline64Resize
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt Bold
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: E: hp DVD A DH16ABLH 3HD9
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOS - LASER\short middle Laser.mpg
    Info: MPEG-2 Video - 4740 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Interlaced (TFF) - 3:12 minutes - 5778 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOS - LASER\short middle Laser.mpg
    Info: AC3 - 256 kbps - CBR - 2ch - 48000Hz - 16bit - 3:12 minutes - Internal
    Subs:
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.36]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\LeakKernelDeint.dll")

# Video is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOS - LASER\short middle Laser.mpg", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=29.97, VFR=false)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOS - LASER\short middle Laser.mpg", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO DEMUXING OPERATIONS
    Target Video FileSize: 109.1 MB
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOS - LASER\short middle Laser.mpg" -vcodec copy "C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOTS TEST\DVD_0_short middle Laser.m2v"
    <>

<10/12/2011 12:45:04 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Created File: C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOTS TEST\DVD_0_short middle Laser.m2v (104.3 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 4568 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Interlaced (TFF) - 3:12 minutes - 5778 frames
    <>

<10/12/2011 12:45:04 PM>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOS - LASER\short middle Laser.mpg" -acodec copy "C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOTS TEST\DVD_0_short middle Laser_1.ToFix.ac3"
    <>

<10/12/2011 12:45:06 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOTS TEST\DVD_0_short middle Laser_1.ac3 (5.9 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 256 kbps - CBR - 2ch - 48000Hz - 16bit - 3:12 minutes
    <>

<10/12/2011 12:45:06 PM>
    START MUXING OPERATIONS
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOTS TEST\DVD_0_short middle Laser.m2v" -vcodec copy -i "C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOTS TEST\DVD_0_short middle Laser_1.ac3" -acodec copy -f vob "C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOTS TEST\DVD_0_short middle Laser.mpg"
    <>

<10/12/2011 12:45:08 PM>
    END MUXING OPERATIONS
    Created File: C:\Users\Mike\Videos\SOTS TEST\DVD_0_short middle Laser.mpg (111.5 MB)
    <>

<10/12/2011 12:45:08 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.3.3
    <>
    Last edited by Mike99; 12th Oct 2011 at 14:01.
    Quote Quote  
  10. @Mike99

before adding the source LD mpg file, go to 'Preferences'/'Video' and toggle off 'Keep MPEG2 DVD compliant video'. Then add your mpg. You will be prompted to index it.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Mike99

before adding the source LD mpg file, go to 'Preferences'/'Video' and toggle off 'Keep MPEG2 DVD compliant video'. Then add your mpg. You will be prompted to index it.

Bye
    Thanks - that works.
    Does that mean the video is no longer DVD compliant?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    Does that mean the video is no longer DVD compliant?
    AVStoDVD output video is always DVD compliant

It means that, if source title is DVD compliant, AVStoDVD will force re-encoding instead of keeping as it is.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,
    is it possible to implement the following:

background - I like to encode 2-pass HCenc without the BIAS keyword specified. I normally check
    "edit encoder parameters at runtime" and I remove the BIAS keyword. However, if there are many titles, I have to do
    this each time.

Is it possible to have some kind of box that you can check off that when you edit the parameter
    list you can have it apply to all succeeding titles, so the box does not show up again?

Thanks.

EDIT this may be problematic. For example, I may add 4 titles, but want to
    give better quality to the first two. I can manually increase the bitrate of the first two,
    and allow AVStoDVD to compensate (lower) the bitrate in the other two.

Usually all I want to do with the parameter list is to remove the BIAS and occasionally force DC_PREC=10
    (when AVStoDVD sets it to 8). Perhaps there is a better approach.
    Last edited by davexnet; 13th Oct 2011 at 19:35.
    Quote Quote  
  14. @davexnet

what about adding 2 new comboboxes for Bias and DC Precision in HCenc Advanced Options ('Edit Title'/'Video')?

MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi MrC,
    Yes that would be great. For DC precision I assume it would work like the existing boxes - allow the user to pick
    8,9 or 10. For BIAS, I guess 0 - 100 (0 is the same as omitting the value, I believe).

Would you want to include a value of "Auto" - which would mean the same as it works now. ie. let AVStoDVD pick the value?

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  16. @davexnet

that's exactly what I have in mind.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks MrC,
    Look forward to seeing it in the program.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD has become completely unusable.

When I first started using AVStoDVD 2.4.1 a few months ago, it worked like a charm for about 15-20 avi and mkv conversions, thanks to this great app from MrC!

Then I tried converting the dreaded blu-ray with dts audio. Like most other people on this forum when they first tried to do this, it aborted.

Since then, I have made 20-25 more attempts to convert and burn videos, but it stopped working for any format or settings, not just blu-ray with dts. I read every post in this thread and tried every suggested solution to try to fix this problem, including 3 clean uninstalls/reinstalls of all the programs and codecs that come with and are used by AVStoDVD. I have tried converting different video formats (avi, mkv, blu-ray, etc) with a variety of audio formats. I tried tweaking the preference settings per all the different suggestions in this forum.

But no matter what I do or what I try to convert, I still get the same abort every muxman starts doing its thing. I know this is where it aborts because the last few trys I set AVStoDVD to stop after each phase to supposedly "edit encoder command parameters at runtime". I didn't edit any parameters, but I wanted it to stop before launching new programs, so I closely monitor it. Otherwise, I would have to sit there watching the program for hours to be able to detect the launch of the new programs. After stopping and then restarting from that point (again, with absolutely no changes to the given encoder parameters), muxman aborts instantly when launched - no more than a few seconds after launch.

I also noticed MrC mention something about not working well with Avast, so the last couple of tries, I shut off all realtime protection in Avast and even in Windows Defender, including firewall protection. But it didn't change anything - still aborted in the exact same spot.

I'm about to give up and go back to the software I used to use for this, even though I prefer AVStoDVD when it's working. But I thought I should 1st try posting my problem here to see if there is some other solution I haven't tried.

Thanks very much for any help you can give me plus kudos for your excellent program, MrC!

Following are my system specs, the log file from my last attempt, and hopefully, if I understand how to upload images to this forum, there should be inline images of the settings I used to this run:

Processor: Intel Core2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz
    Motherboard: DP35DP
    Installed RAM 4.00 GB
    Usable RAM 3.24 GB
    OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Ver. 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 Video Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT
    Audio Adapter: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC
    Disk Drives : HDS725050KLA360 ATA Device(465GB, IDE)
    WDC WD1500ADFD-00NLR5 ATA Device(139GB, IDE, High Speed)
    WDC WD5000AAKS-22YGA0 ATA Device(465GB, IDE)
    HDS72505 0KLAT80 USB Device(465GB, USB)
    DVD/CD-ROM Drives : Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S ATA Device
    PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D ATA Device

Log file:

<9/7/2011 4:11:19 AM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: PAL
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4449/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: 1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\Arian\Desktop\Videos to process & burn\Videos to burn\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]
    Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
    Delete Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline64Resize
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 448
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: F: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.22
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Display errors messages: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: D:\Videos to convert+burn\1989 Abyss-Extended Ed. [2;51-avi-PAL]\The Abyss (Extended).avi
    Info: XviD - 1329 kbps - 624x272 - DAR 2.294 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 2:51:01 hours - 246038 frames
    Audio 1: D:\Videos to convert+burn\1989 Abyss-Extended Ed. [2;51-avi-PAL]\The Abyss (Extended).avi
    Info: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 2:51:01 hours (0 ms delay) - Internal
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.47]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("D:\Videos to convert+burn\1989 Abyss-Extended Ed. [2;51-avi-PAL]\The Abyss (Extended).avi", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Arian\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("D:\Videos to convert+burn\1989 Abyss-Extended Ed. [2;51-avi-PAL]\The Abyss (Extended).avi", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Arian\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.AddBorders(0,39,0,39)
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 3751.9 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Arian\AppData\Local\Temp\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended).HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\Arian\AppData\Local\Temp\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended)_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended).m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\Arian\AppData\Local\Temp\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended).HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 3067
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 30
    *DC_PREC 8
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<9/7/2011 5:36:18 AM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    A2DVideoSource: AVISource
    Created File: C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended).m2v (3754.6 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 3090 kbps - 720x576 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive (TFF) - 2:50:51 hours - 245792 frames
    <>

<9/7/2011 5:36:18 AM>
    START PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown Parameters: "C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended).m2v" -srcfps 23.976 -destfps 25 -inplace -tff
    <>

<9/7/2011 5:52:12 AM>
    END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown executed on File: C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended).m2v (3754.6 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 3087 kbps - 720x576 - DAR 1.778 - 24 fps (CFR) - Progressive (2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:2:3 Pulldown) - 2:51:01 hours - 246283 frames
    <>

<9/7/2011 5:52:12 AM>
    START AUDIO DEMUXING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    FFmpeg Parameters: -i "D:\Videos to convert+burn\1989 Abyss-Extended Ed. [2;51-avi-PAL]\The Abyss (Extended).avi" -acodec copy "C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended)_1.ToFix.ac3"
    <>

<9/7/2011 5:57:35 AM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Created File: C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended)_1.ac3 (548 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 2:51:01 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>

<9/7/2011 5:57:35 AM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\Users\Arian\AppData\Local\Temp\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_BatchMux.ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "C:\Users\Arian\Desktop\Videos to process & burn\Videos to burn\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\Arian\AppData\Local\Temp\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_MuxMan.mxp"
    -l "C:\Users\Arian\AppData\Local\Temp\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_MuxMan.log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -palette "C:\Users\Arian\AppData\Local\Temp\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_Palette.txt"
    -v "C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended).m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended)_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -cellfr "C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended)_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended)_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "C:\Users\Arian\Videos\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_The Abyss (Extended)_Chapters.txt"

<>

<9/7/2011 5:59:34 AM>
    Process aborted during DVD AUTHORING operations!

Check following files for more details:

AVStoDVD log file <C:\Users\Arian\Desktop\Videos to process & burn\Videos to burn\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0.log>
    BatchMux log file <C:\Users\Arian\Desktop\Videos to process & burn\Videos to burn\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]\1989 Abyss (Extended Ed)[2;51-ts-PAL]_0_BatchMux.log>
    <>

<9/7/2011 5:59:36 AM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.4.1
    <>
    Click image for larger version

Name:	10-7-2011 7-45-17 AM.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	9173Click image for larger version

Name:	10-7-2011 7-45-24 AM.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	9168Click image for larger version

Name:	10-7-2011 7-45-34 AM.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	9171Click image for larger version

Name:	10-7-2011 7-45-52 AM.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	9172Click image for larger version

Name:	10-7-2011 7-46-35 AM.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	259.4 KB
ID:	9170Click image for larger version

Name:	10-7-2011 7-40-23 AM.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	9167Click image for larger version

Name:	10-7-2011 7-40-00 AM.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	9169
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by falconflight View Post
    [cut]
    Don't panic and take a breath.

1. Uninstall AVStoDVD
    2. Search the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVStoDVD and (if present) delete it from Windows Registry
    3. Uninstall AviSynth
    4. Re-Install AVStoDVD using the Installer package. Follow all the steps, including AviSynth re-install
    5. Start again your project

If the authoring step fails again, post here the content of _BatchMux.log file.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by falconflight View Post
    [cut]
    Don't panic and take a breath.

1. Uninstall AVStoDVD
    2. Search the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVStoDVD and (if present) delete it from Windows Registry
    3. Uninstall AviSynth
    4. Re-Install AVStoDVD using the Installer package. Follow all the steps, including AviSynth re-install

Bye
    I think it can only have been a bad install that Falconflight ran into . . . or possibly a wider Windows or PC problem. A bad install is the only situation in which I've had major and persistent failures from your program. This is one reason why I have historically been somewhat reluctant to update a well-working program that I really like or depend upon. You know -- the old "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." (This would be different in the case of a fully portable program, where there are no Registry issues. Just blow away the old program tree and copy in the new one.)

The problems I've had with my installed and a-couple-versions-older AVStoDVD have been few and relatively minor. Sometimes in the case of a failure the project logs claim to reveal the cause but really don't. I've seen some bomb-outs of a project in the muxing or subtitle phase. This can be annoying, when you've already invested 90 minutes of processing time, and then it fails nearing the finish line. In one or two cases, there was some mention of excessive bitrate. I saw that the bitrate was up around 8500, so it could easily be lowered yet still produce good quality results. Another user in this thread suggested a fix to a setting -- I think it involved Aften -- and that also helped.

On the whole, I have found this to be a splendid and quite reliable program. I will try your new version when it comes out, though maybe on a different computer.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I like the program also. A couple of recent things I experienced. I set up a whole project, custom bitrates and settings,
    but I completely forgot to set the menu. Not until the entire project was over did I realize. Should AVStoDVD warn you
    that you forgot to set a menu? I guess you could argue it either way.

On another project, which I'd added about 5 titles, I wanted to encode a short section of each title to see what it looked
    like at the current settings. I went into each title on the Avisynth tab, and set TRIM from 0 - 5000 frames. Trouble is,
    once I did that, each title reverted from HCenc 2-pass to Quenc and the bitrate reset to 8500 from where ever it was.
    The only way to do what I wanted - before setting TRIM I had to go into the video tab and uncheck auto bitrate for each title .
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have seen the answer to this but can't find it again.
    Have 2 clips, will they play one after the other if I have no menu?

EDIT: Experimented and found it does work - no menu sets "play all tracks". And so it should

But would still like an answer to "combine" - it is possible in the future to have a situation where 2 clips should be combined into 1 title, and have a 2nd title, with a menu.

EDIT 2: Found Tools/Join source files higher up this page (Search only searches current page, and the Doom9 sight doesn't seem to have Search, so finding other references is quite a task.) Since it wants avs files I presume that one must go through the whole process, without deleting assets and temp files, and then start again, using the left over avs files?
    Last edited by NDMMackay; 18th Oct 2011 at 02:32. Reason: Update
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by NDMMackay View Post
    EDIT 2: Found Tools/Join source files higher up this page (Search only searches current page, and the Doom9 sight doesn't seem to have Search, so finding other references is quite a task.) Since it wants avs files I presume that one must go through the whole process, without deleting asset and temp files, and then start again, using the left over avs files?
    Nope, just add the 2 titles, select 'Tools'/'Join Source Titles' and AVStoDVD will create an AviSynth script for you that sequentially combine the 2 titles.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by falconflight View Post
    [cut]

1. Uninstall AVStoDVD
    3. Uninstall AviSynth

I followed your suggestions, but it failed again - 2X, both at the same point, right when muxman begins its authoring.

I used the same original input avi in each try so I can compare results. I know that this input file has no flaws (none that would affect 'play' anyway), because I've watched it end-to-end on VLC and tested random segments on MPC and GOM, all with no problems. I forgot to mention in my last post that I previewed the entire film on AVStoDVD before my 7Oct run as suggested in several places on this forum. The preview was flawless, but the it still failed to author.

I'm not going to copy the 2 complete log files inline here because they would go on for too many pages, so I've attached them as separate files. I have posted inline below the much shorter Batchmux.log.files, as you requested Mr.C

The runs were:
    1) Same input file, all same settings as before except:
    - I tried to lower the max bitrate to 5000 per Seeker47's advice (altho I must admit that I've never figured out how to effectively use the settings on the Video Preferences window - how to choose a profile to use, when to set a lower/higher bitrate for it and what they should be set to, and how that relates to the lower/higher avg bitrates at the bottom of the window. I've read bits and pieces about them in this forum, but they don't seem to be consistent - everyone has a different opinion about what's best)
    - I forgot to disable Avast realtime protection.
    - Inadvertantly left zone setting as PAL even though input is NTSC and I'm in NTSC zone
    2) Same input file & settings as Run#1 except:
    - I changed the zone format to NTSC, same as input file, so no conversion required.
    - I tried bumping up the bitrate to 6000 (vs 5000 in 1st run), which is still way below 8500 max
    - Disabled Avast realtime protection

The results from both runs were the same regardless of these differences. Same thing I've been experiencing the last few months trying every possible tweak I saw suggested in this forum with the same negative result. Here are the _BatchMux.log files. They don't seem to show very useful info, to me anyway. Maybe I'm missing something subtle in them.

Run#1 (101811-1:45 pm) _BatchMux.log

Segment memory resources --> RELEASED
    Local Stack memory --> RELEASED
    File i/o structures --> DEALLOCATED

Run#2 (101811-8 pm) _BatchMux.log

Segment memory resources --> RELEASED
    Local Stack memory --> RELEASED
    File i/o structures --> DEALLOCATED

I've attached the 2 log files.

Thanks again for all your help!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  25. @falconflight

I have just noticed that you have used special chars (like ";" and "["). Frankly I'm not sure if Muxman/BatchMux are happy with them. Could you retry you project removing special chars?

If you still have issues, post the complete BatchMux log file.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @falconflight

I have just noticed that you have used special chars (like ";" and "["). Frankly I'm not sure if Muxman/BatchMux are happy with them. Could you retry you project removing special chars?
    Success!!! That was the answer! Grazie tanto, Mr.C!

Your solution makes perfect sense in retrospect (I was a software systems architect and systems tester in a previous life). Very few other types of problems would consistently abort Muxman immediately after starting authoring, , regardless of audio/video format. Of course, the first thing a program usually does is open the input file(s) - thus the instant abort when it won't even open the file because it chokes on the name.

So I've established a new standard for myself that has produced 5 flawless DVD's from multiple audio and video formats.
    Not only do I keep the file name very simple "Year Title", I also simplified the input and output paths to reduce the full path name for both. Since your program defaults to the video directory in the Windows Libraries, that's where I now have the output files created. And I located the input file at the root level of a different drive to reduce the amount of I/O a single drive would experience if both inputs and outputs were on the same drive.

Full authoring (not including burning, that I do manually with ImgBurn after quality checking the DVD structure files) is giving consistently fast times for 3GB to 4.7GB videos of 1:06 to 1:35.

MrC, your software continues to impress - exceptional work!
    Last edited by falconflight; 25th Oct 2011 at 02:47.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On a completely different note, I am still trying to understand some of the settings under the Audio and Video Tabs in Preferences. My desire to understand them increased a lot when my last run automatically switched to the QuEnc encoder, changed the audio format and speed I had entered for this run from AC3/192kbps (same as input, which is what I try to do with each conversion if possible) to mp2/128kbps plus it opened a QuEnc settings window I've never encountered before. This took me completely by surprise, not so much the QuEnc encoder because I purposely let the program choose the best video encoder profile. But having a settings window appear in the middle of a run seemed very odd, since settings should be set before starting conversion. But I went ahead and changed the QuEnc settings in the middle of the first pass, since all it meant was a possible bad run - 1.5 hours running in the background wasted is no big deal since it runs unattended without interfering with my other work. Learning something about QuEnc was more important to me than a possible bad run.

I changed the audio format back to the original settings. Wondering how the program could receive 2 different sets of output parameters without problems, I decided that maybe if I changed it from 1 pass that it was running to 2 pass, the 2nd pass may fix any inconsistencies and produce the outputs with my desired settings. According to the log, that's not why it worked. It appears it was still encoding video so the audio encoding parameters were changed before beginning the audio encoding. But why QuEnc launched for the first time in 40-50 total AVStoDVD runs, why it showed its settings during the run and allowed them to be changed mid-stream, and what the best settings would be are still a mystery to me. The other part of the mystery was the run time. Even with a double pass it still took a half hour less total run time than with other encoders - 1:06 with QuEnc 2-pass vs. an avg of about 1:35 for previous runs with HCenc VBR 1-pass. I was kind of blown away that AVStoDVD processed this 4.5GB video in a little over an hour, even with an encoder double pass.

I have attached the log file in case it might help answer my questions about QuEnc.

More broadly, I would really like to know more about the following Preference settings that I have read bits and pieces about in this forum but have never found a complete description in one place. Is there some resource I can read to learn more about them or are they unique to AVStoDVD so only MrC and experienced users can explain them?

Setup Video Profiles:
    -- How do they differ in terms of how they work and what they create?
    -- I let the program select the one it thinks is best for my video files. Is that the best approach or should I be selecting one each time?
    -- Why would someone want to change the min or max bitrate for a particular conversion?
    -- What's the relationship between the Avg Bitrates shown under the Video Profiles and the Bitrates for each profile - does the Avg override the profile's bitrate so a profile can't be set above or below those?

Audio Preferences:
    -- Does my current approach of making the audio format and bitrate match the input audio parameters make sense or is there a better strategy for producing high quality audio that isn't just wasting space by trying to record at a higher quality setting than the input?
    -- If the input audio is something other than AC3, MP2, or WAV, which of those is best to convert to?
    -- DTS isn't one of the possible selections but it's mentioned in the Keep DVD compliant option to the right of the audio format selection menu. From what I've read in various places in this forum, although not always consistent, my conclusion is that either you should convert to AC3 or if you want to encode the DVD with DTS audio, you should demux/mux it to the video in a separate process not the video conversion/authoring process. Is that a correct conclusion?
    -- I've read here that the best AC3 audio encoder is Wavi+Aften. I've read a couple of posts where it was recommended to use a different encoder but they didn't cover all the encoder choices. What is the best time to use each of the AC3 audio encoders?

Thanks much to any and all contributors to my continuing education in the mysterious art of digital video!
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by falconflight; 25th Oct 2011 at 16:33.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mrc, here's something I noticed. I was trying some of the bitrate options in the preferences/video tab,
    and some combination of adjusting "higher average bitrate", selecting one of the encoders in "setup video profiles"
    and hitting the "lock" button, I received "runtime error 383 text property is read only"
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I'm getting a bit frustrated in that the last 4 or 5 projects I've run have all bombed out in the encoding subs phase. They all had nothing in common, other than being .AVI + matching .SRT file pairs. (I'm aware that ".AVI" is not very descriptive, but I can go back to check the codecs involved.) In each case, the error that came up rather late said to check the project log for more info. As I've noted before, when this happens there is usually nothing revealing to be found in that log -- just repeating briefly that there was a failure in the subs encoding, with no explanation. This is starting to get tiresome. I take the very same pair of files over to CX2D, which processes them just fine and much more quickly, encoding the subs along with the rest . . . but of course the PQ from their encoder is quite inferior and under-fills the disc by up to 50% or even more. Naturally, I would much rather be using your program for this, even though the processing takes substantially longer.

Are there some AVStoDVD settings I should be looking at, relevant to this problem ? Is this something that may have been cured or greatly reduced in versions later than 2.33 ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know what is going on with the subtitle creation, but I've got a possible work-around.
    Before adding the SRT to the project, open subtitlecreator (c:\program files\avstodvd\subtitlecreator\subtitlecreator.exe)
    File/open text subtitles (load your SRT)
    File/Save SUP

This will create a SUP file in the same folder as the SRT. Add the SUP subs to the AVStoDVD project instead of the SRT.
    Continue as normal.
    Last edited by davexnet; 29th Oct 2011 at 16:19.
    Quote Quote