VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 137
FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 117 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    that is what i did started a new project , then added epsiodes 4,5 and 6 then changed the setting to that clicked start and get same error on hcenc
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Provide the AVStoDVD log
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I've run into a persistent problem trying to convert a m2ts file to dvd with AVStoDVD. When I start the encode I get a pop up message stating HCenc 0.25: HCenc.exe - System Error mkunicode.dll is missing.

I've uninstalled both Haali and AVStoDVD and reinstalled them both. Doesn't help.

The odd thing is, if I click ok on the error message, HCenc starts encoding like there is no problem. Haali shows up in the system tray, and the mkunicode.dll does exist in the Haali Program Files (x86) folder.

If it helps, I'm using the version of Haali media splitter that jdobbs recommends for BD Rebuilder, which is 1.9.42.1
    Quote Quote  
  4. @Kerry56

have you tried with Haali 1.10.348.15, which comes with AVStoDVD release 2.3.4?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I get the same error when I update Haali.

Also, BD Rebuilder Inspect throws out an error when I change versions of Haali and it is more important to me to have BD Rebuilder working properly. Looks like I'm stuck with this little glitch.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What about switching to FFMpegSource as AVS Source Filter?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Downloaded the install package from the author's website - working fine after I set my preferences (NTSC, audio encoding, etc.)

Thanks to the author.
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Switching to FFMpegSource or DirectShowSource causes HCenc to hang indefinitely. Using A2DSource gives the error warning, but HC starts up afterward.
    Quenc fires up without issues.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, got it solved. I uninstalled ffdshow, Haali, AviSynth and AVStoDVD and cleaned all traces of them from the registry. Reinstalled and the glitch no longer appears.
    Using the BD Rebuilder compatible versions of the three other programs.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    Ok, got it solved. I uninstalled ffdshow, Haali, AviSynth and AVStoDVD and cleaned all traces of them from the registry. Reinstalled and the glitch no longer appears.
    Using the BD Rebuilder compatible versions of the three other programs.
    I am guessing that it is very possible to have this program get screwed up in the installation or setup / settings. That could explain why -- when I first tried it, quite some time ago, on a different computer -- it did not work for me and seemed to have some conflicts with other software. But I gave it another try (circa v. 2.3.1 ?), on my current system, and everything has been smooth sailing ever since. The failure rate on projects has been negligible -- far lower than with CX2D. And the results are clearly better.

Version 2.3.3 has been working so well for me that I am hesitant to upgrade, but may do so anyway at the next release.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Is there a way to switch AVStoDVD menus to "russian" ?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by pxstein View Post
    Is there a way to switch AVStoDVD menus to "russian" ?
    What do you exactly mean?

1. Use russian chars in DVD Menu labels?
    2. Use russian language flag for audio and/or subs?
    3. ...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. I mean russian menus and texts and labels in the program AVStoDVD itself - Not in the videos it loads/burns
    Quote Quote  
  14. @pxstein

Unfortunately, Visual Basic standard TextBox does not support special chars. I have to move to RichTextBox which means add a new OCX to the project.

Do not blame me if I will put RichTextBox support in the ToDo list with low priority.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. AVStoDVD 2.4.0 beta 110422 is available to download

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'Display errors messages at runtime' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - Changed Installer images according to new 'Default' Splash Screen (thanks to 8ternity)
    - Improved 'Auto Adjust Delay' routine
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.44

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Need cancel buttons
    Thx
    Last edited by zoobie; 23rd Apr 2011 at 15:56.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Ok, what about switching to other west european languages like "german". They are included (in contrast to russian) in ISO 8859-1 char encoding set.
    Is a switch to german as menu language possible (with Visual basic)?
    Thank you
    Peter
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I came across something a little unusual today, and avi with mp2 audio. AVStoDVD attempts to keep this audio, since
    "keep compliant audio" is checked. However, I'm pretty sure, mp2 is not 100% compliant for NTSC dvd's.

"To make fully DVD Compliant DVD's, the audio is required to be in AC3 or WAV form as a minimum. While WAV files are very large in size, almost all retail DVD's have AC3 with possibly other audio (DTS, MPEG Stereo, LPCM, etc). NTSC DVD's must have an AC3 audio track plus others if needed, while PAL DVD's can have an MP2 audio track on its own. Experience has shown many PAL players still have trouble with MP2 audio though. For all DVD's AC3 audio is the way to go for trouble free playback."

http://club.myce.com/f32/how-convert-wav-mp2-ac3-audio-78614/
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I’m finally getting back to using AVStoDVD. I had to upgrade some hardware which delayed things. While AVStoDVD does convert my flv files to DVD, I am curious what is the difference between these two processes? I did change the frame rate between these, so I am aware of that.

Method #1 - QuEnc without FLVSplitter and A2DSource selected. A2DSource will not work with FLVSplitter. Yet it appears it automatically selects FFMpegSource, and works without the extra line in Avisynth.

Method #2 - QuEnc with FLVSplitter and FFMpegSource selected. Also needed to add the following line to the Avisynth script: “video=video.assume(23.976). I was informed of doing this in an earlier posting.

Method #1 -

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline64Resize

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("F:\Peace_6_360\Hulu - Peacemakers The Perfect Crime - Watch the full episode now..flv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("F:\Peace_6_360\Hulu - Peacemakers The Perfect Crime - Watch the full episode now..flv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)

END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    A2DVideoSource: FFmpegSource2 (cache off)
    Created File: F:\Peace_6_360\DVD_1_Hulu - Peacemakers The Perfect Crime - Watch the full episode now..m2v (2009.9 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6500 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 43:11 minutes - 62132 frames

END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    A2DAudioSource: FFmpegSource2 (cache off)
    Created File: F:\Peace_6_360\DVD_1_Hulu - Peacemakers The Perfect Crime - Watch the full episode now._1.ac3 (59.4 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2ch - 48000Hz - 16bit - 43:13 minutes

Method #2 -

PREFERENCES

AVS Source Filter: FFMpegSource

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\ffms2.dll")

Audio = FFAudioSource("F:\Peace_6_360\Hulu - Peacemakers The Perfect Crime - Watch the full episode now..flv", track=-1)
    Video = FFVideoSource("F:\Peace_6_360\Hulu - Peacemakers The Perfect Crime - Watch the full episode now..flv", track=-1)

video=video.assumefps(23.976)
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)

Created File: F:\Peace_6_360\DVD_1_Hulu - Peacemakers The Perfect Crime - Watch the full episode now..m2v (1855.3 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6000 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 43:11 minutes - 62132 frames

Created File: F:\Peace_6_360\DVD_1_Hulu - Peacemakers The Perfect Crime - Watch the full episode now._1.ac3 (59.4 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps
    Quote Quote  
  20. I dragged an *.avi video onto AVStoDVD and tried to start conversion.
    But a few seconds after start it crashed (reproduceable) with a popup and following information:

"AVisynth open failure: AddBorders: YUV image can only add by Mod 2 (top)
    D:\tmp\test.avs, line7)"

What's wrong?

I tried to create a DVD folder structure as output.

Much to my surprise this info is NOT in the log file:

[...]
    Video = A2DVideoSource("D:\vid\test.avi", CacheFolder="D:\temp", FrameRate=25, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("D:\vid\test.avi", CacheFolder="D:\temp")
    Video = Video.AddBorders(0,1,0,1)
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>
    <25.04.2011 09:20:31>
    START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: QuEnc CBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 4273,1 MB
    QuEnc Parameters: -i "D:\temp\test.avs" -o "D:\tmp\test.m2v" -b 8197 -1 -hq -novbr -scene -trell -aspectratio 16:9 -nointerlaced -mpeg2mux noaudio -dc 10 -priority 5 -auto -close
    <>
    <25.04.2011 09:21:31>
    PROCESS ABORTED DURING TITLE 1 VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS.
    CHECK LOG FILE <D:\TMP\DVD_0.LOG> FOR MORE INFO.
    <>
    <25.04.2011 09:21:32>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.3.4
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    Need cancel buttons
    Thx
    When/where, exactly?

Originally Posted by pxstein View Post
    Ok, what about switching to other west european languages like "german". They are included (in contrast to russian) in ISO 8859-1 char encoding set.
    Is a switch to german as menu language possible (with Visual basic)?
    The answer is the same as for russian: VB standard TextBox control accepts only standard ASCII chars (128) plus extended ASCII chars (+128). Special (i.e. unicode) chars require RichTextBox control. It is feasible, but with low priority.

Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I came across something a little unusual today, and avi with mp2 audio. AVStoDVD attempts to keep this audio, since
    "keep compliant audio" is checked. However, I'm pretty sure, mp2 is not 100% compliant for NTSC dvd's.

"To make fully DVD Compliant DVD's, the audio is required to be in AC3 or WAV form as a minimum. While WAV files are very large in size, almost all retail DVD's have AC3 with possibly other audio (DTS, MPEG Stereo, LPCM, etc). NTSC DVD's must have an AC3 audio track plus others if needed, while PAL DVD's can have an MP2 audio track on its own. Experience has shown many PAL players still have trouble with MP2 audio though. For all DVD's AC3 audio is the way to go for trouble free playback."
    Thanks for pointing this issue out, Dave. As you can read from wiki DVD-Video page (audio section), DTS can be problematic too with some (old) players. BTW recent players can eat almost everything. I will add a warning in the Help section that only AC3 is really 100% reliable in DVD standards (both NTSC and PAL).

Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    While AVStoDVD does convert my flv files to DVD, I am curious what is the difference between these two processes? I did change the frame rate between these, so I am aware of that.

Method #1 - QuEnc without FLVSplitter and A2DSource selected. A2DSource will not work with FLVSplitter. Yet it appears it automatically selects FFMpegSource, and works without the extra line in Avisynth.

Method #2 - QuEnc with FLVSplitter and FFMpegSource selected. Also needed to add the following line to the Avisynth script: “video=video.assume(23.976). I was informed of doing this in an earlier posting.
    Both of them invokes FFMpegSource as source filter. A2DSource invokes it without passing thru the fps statement (it is used only in the DirectShowSource section of A2DSource).

Originally Posted by pxstein View Post
    I dragged an *.avi video onto AVStoDVD and tried to start conversion.
    But a few seconds after start it crashed (reproduceable) with a popup and following information:

"AVisynth open failure: AddBorders: YUV image can only add by Mod 2 (top)
    D:\tmp\test.avs, line7)"

What's wrong?
    Re-install AviSynth 2.5.8 and try again. Let me know if you get again that error.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hello

1. Thanks for that good version
    2. *.idx *.sup and other subfiles selectable. fine but, idx and sup are not converted an encoded in the finisched movie.
    i have selected a forced sub (( S_VOBSUB))
    manual converted to *.srt File and that working fine for me. Hardcoded subtitle are build in......hope you understand
    3. The Audio converting wavi+aften with DTS Files is not successfully. Always Backup comes up. FFMPEG

Thx for your great work. i will test with the other Audio Settings.
    Other Programms working fine with converting. like mkv2ac3
    hope that helps for the next Release.

bye

Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    AVStoDVD 2.4.0 beta 110422 is available to download

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'Display errors messages at runtime' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - Changed Installer images according to new 'Default' Splash Screen (thanks to 8ternity)
    - Improved 'Auto Adjust Delay' routine
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.44

Bye
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM

Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    While AVStoDVD does convert my flv files to DVD, I am curious what is the difference between these two processes? I did change the frame rate between these, so I am aware of that.

Both of them invokes FFMpegSource as source filter. A2DSource invokes it without passing thru the fps statement (it is used only in the DirectShowSource section of A2DSource).
    Is there an advantage in using FLVSplitter along with “video=video.assume(23.976)” in the script since QuEnc works without these?

Or is FLVSplitter mainly used for HCenc?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FLV splitter is a directshow source filter. It's only invoked when dshow is used to access the file.
    For example, if you force AVStoDVD to use directshowsource, FLV splitter is needed for FLV files.

But if FFmpegsource is used, I don't think FLV splitter is used or needed.

See this thread:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1372726#post1372726
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    Need cancel buttons
    Thx
    When/where, exactly?
    Well, it took forever getting to the menu editor with compliant mpgs (40 minutes). I've since used DV-AVI and it's much quicker.
    You're doing a great service for everyone by developing this yourself. I also work with one-man-bands. Once you get into it, I'll bet it's lots of fun coding over the long cold winters.
    Page numbers help...

Thx
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    FLV splitter is a directshow source filter. It's only invoked when dshow is used to access the file.
    For example, if you force AVStoDVD to use directshowsource, FLV splitter is needed for FLV files.

But if FFmpegsource is used, I don't think FLV splitter is used or needed.

See this thread:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1372726#post1372726
    Thanks for the information,
    Mike
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Last night I tried for the first time to convert a video file (.avi) with AVS2DVD that had a separate .srt subtitles file. When I dragged the original .avi file to AVS2DVD the subtitles file came along with it. The original file plays fine with the subtitles, but the output file from AVS2DVD (DVD folders format) had no subtitles Since this is totally new to me (processing files with subtitles), I must be doing something wrong. Would appreciate some suggestions. I've attached the log file in case that may be helpful.

<4/26/2011 02:10:06>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4450/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: H:\Video
    Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
    Delete Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    Video Resolution: 1
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 224
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 1
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt Bold
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: O: BENQ DVD LS DW1655 BCIB
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Documents and Settings\Roy McCoy\My Documents\Downloads\Westler (1985)\Westler (1985).avi
    Info: XviD - 868 kbps - 560x432 - DAR 1.296 - 25 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 1:36:53 hours - 145336 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Documents and Settings\Roy McCoy\My Documents\Downloads\Westler (1985)\Westler (1985).avi
    Info: MPEG-1 Audio layer 3 - 128 kbps - CBR - 2ch - 44100Hz - 1:36:53 hours - Internal
    Subs: C:\Documents and Settings\Roy McCoy\My Documents\Downloads\Westler (1985)\Westler (1985).srt
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.41]
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:10:07>
    AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("E:\DISK2_VOL2\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Roy McCoy\My Documents\Downloads\Westler (1985)\Westler (1985).avi", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp", FrameRate=25, VFR=false)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Roy McCoy\My Documents\Downloads\Westler (1985)\Westler (1985).avi", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp")

Video = Video.AddBorders(8,0,8,0)

Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)
    Audio = Audio.Normalize()
    Audio = Audio.DelayAudio(0.026)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:10:07>
    START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 4189.7 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_5_West ler (1985).HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_5_Westler (1985)_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985).m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_5_Westler (1985).HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *1PASS
    *BITRATE 6046
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 4:3
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 60
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:34:09>
    A2DVideoSource: AVISource
    Created File: H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985).m2v (4192.8 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6093 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.333 - 25 fps (CFR) - Progressive (TFF) - 1:36:53 hours - 145336 frames
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:34:09>
    START PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown Parameters: "H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985).m2v" -srcfps 25.000 -destfps 29.97 -inplace -tff
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:43:44>
    END PULLDOWN OPERATIONS
    DGPulldown executed on File: H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985).m2v (4192.8 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 6093 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 1:36:53 hours - 174227 frames
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:43:44>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_5_West ler (1985)_1.avs" - | "E:\DISK2_VOL2\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 224 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985)_1.ac3"
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:53:01>
    A2DAudioSource: DirectShowSource
    Created File: H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985)_1.ac3 (155.2 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 224 kbps - CBR - 2ch - 48000Hz - 16bit - 1:36:53 hours
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:53:01>
    START SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS
    SRT fixing routine applied (0 errors fixed)
    SubtitleCreator Parameters: "C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_5_West ler (1985).srt" -p3 -i"E:\DISK2_VOL2\AVStoDVD\SubtitleCreator\Examples\ VTS_01_1.IFO"
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:53:05>
    END SUBS ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Created File: H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985).sup (0.7 MB)
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:53:05>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_5_BatchMux .ini"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -d "H:\Video\DVD_5\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_5_MuxMan.m xp"
    -l "C:\DOCUME~1\ROYMCC~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_5_MuxMan.l og"
    -muxman "E:\DISK2_VOL2\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio LOW
    -v "H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985).m2v"
    -vidmode 4:3
    -a1 "H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985)_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -s1 "H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985).sup"
    -s1lang en
    -s1ext 1
    -cellfr "H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985)_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985)_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "H:\Video\DVD_5_Westler (1985)_Chapters.txt"

<>

<4/26/2011 02:57:41>
    CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 4428.4 MB
    vs Estimated Size: 4450 MB -> 0.5% undersize
    vs Assets Size: 4348.7 MB -> OK
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:57:41>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: H:\Video\DVD_5 (4428.4 MB)
    <>

<4/26/2011 02:57:42>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.3.4
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by fatality77 View Post
    *.idx *.sup and other subfiles selectable. fine but, idx and sup are not converted an encoded in the finisched movie.
    i have selected a forced sub (( S_VOBSUB))
    manual converted to *.srt File and that working fine for me. Hardcoded subtitle are build in......hope you understand
    Could you please post the project log file?
    Thanks for your inputs

Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    Well, it took forever getting to the menu editor with compliant mpgs (40 minutes). I've since used DV-AVI and it's much quicker.
    Page numbers help...
    You are meaning a cancel button for the Menu generation routine, aren't you? Already in the ToDo list
    Ok for menu page numbers.

Thanks for the suggestions

Originally Posted by AllenM View Post
    Last night I tried for the first time to convert a video file (.avi) with AVS2DVD that had a separate .srt subtitles file. When I dragged the original .avi file to AVS2DVD the subtitles file came along with it. The original file plays fine with the subtitles, but the output file from AVS2DVD (DVD folders format) had no subtitles Since this is totally new to me (processing files with subtitles), I must be doing something wrong. Would appreciate some suggestions. I've attached the log file in case that may be helpful.
    From the project log, subs have been successfully encoded and authored.

If you are using a standalone DVD player, have you activated the subtitles with the remote control? Or, if using a software player, have you told the player to display subs?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,

Thanks for your reply to my post which solved the problem. I was viewing the video with VLC media player. I did not realize I had to enable the subtitles. Once I did that, however, everything was fine. Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Great program, excellent results.
    However, it takes more than 10 hours to convert my 7 GB .mkv file (video conversion). Is that normal? It stays at about 2-3 fps for most of the time (20% CPU usage) and has some brief moments where it speeds up to 25-30 fps (30% CPU usage).
    Nothing else is running. Setting the priority to high does nothing for me.

I have attach the log file.

Thanks for your great work, you are awesome.

Charlot
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote