VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 137
FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 116 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could it be due to the extra long path/file name ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what exactly do you mean ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello - I've seen some programs have issue with it. Your complete path folder/file is very long:
    H:\Justified S02E04 For Blood or Money 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 RANDi\Justified.S02E04.For.Blood.or.Money.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RANDi.mkv

Shorten it to h:\justified\s02e04.mkv

Then create a new project using the renamed file. If it doesn't work, try reinstalling AVStoDVD from the EXE install, NOT the no_install package.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi , nope still getting this msg below , would me selecting the option to always use ffdshow when encoding do this , as i used to get option pop up as it started encoding each episode saying use ffdshow just once , always , never and something else and on last encode i selected to use it always , and the weird thing is before i did that episode 1,2and three converted no probs at all ,

error incompatable input use converttoyv12 or converttoyuy2
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    NO, I've never seen that cause this kind of problem. You can reset it if you're not sure.

Start button/FFDshow/video decoder config/directshow control/EDIT / reset
    Possibly the same for start button/FFDshow/DXVa video decoder config/directshow control.

Or you can uninstall FFDshow and reinstall (custom) and ask it to reset all settings.

Is that message coming out of HCenc ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi , yes that msg comes up in hcenc box
    Quote Quote  
  7. @tyson25

1. Does the error msg come out only when encoding mkv files or also when encoding avi files?

2. Have you installed other codecs/splitters? Uninstall every codecs/splitters *but* ffdshow and haali.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes they are mkv files , but it's only these specific releases and it encoded the first three episodes which are the same releases with no problems ,and i've encoded loads of other mkv's with no problems just ep's 4 to 9 i,m getting this problem with i dont use avi's , no never installed anything new and how do i uninstall every codec/splitters bar ffshow and haali ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try remuxing the MKV files in AVIdemux. (set video and audio to "copy" and format to MKV)
    CTRL-S to save (give it the full name, eg. video.mkv)
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just done that , and when it gets to end it says h.264 detected if the file is using b frames as a referance it can lead to a crash or stuttering. avidemux can use another mode which is safe but you will lose frame accuracy do you want to use that mode yes or no box
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try NO first, if that fails restart it and try yes.
    If it asks you to do anything else (such as update INDEX), reply yes.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    just done that , but when i go to find the files in avstodvd to try when i click add title they dont come up in the box to open them ??
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DO the new files play? If they play, then AVStoDVD should be able to open them...
    Make sure they have the proper suffix: eg. *.MKV

Do you have Windows properly setup to display files extensions ?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi , resolved that issue , it was because i didnt put.mkv and it seems to be encoding now i will come back and post result as to whether it encodes ok , but it does seem to be now , thanks
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVIdemux is funny that way - it does not put the file suffix on automatically. You have to give the full name
    (as I mentioned in post 459) .
    Quote Quote  
  16. HCenc author
    Search Comp PM
    Some more info about the HCenc error message: HCenc expects as input YV12 planar or YUY2 packed input.
    It checks the FOURCC info, Avisynth gets this info from the input stream and then passes it to HCenc.
    This 4byte string has to be "YV12" or "YUY2", if not the error message will be generated.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @hank in lamens terms what does that mean , as to me that makes no sense,

@davexnet also when ran through avimux the files will encode, however they are no good to encode as after 1 hour of encoding its only 15 percent through pass 1 of the first episode meaning it would take more than 24 hours to encode 3 epsisodes to disc at that rate ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Encode in AVidemux? I never mentioned that. I referred to re-muxing the files only - which I thought you did.
    Remusing is when you leave video and audio to "copy". It should only take a minute or two,
    since there is no re-encoding.

Hank is referring to his program , HCenc. Apparently, from what I can gather, Avisynth must have passed bad data.
    Last edited by davexnet; 13th Apr 2011 at 18:48.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i did do what you said to do then try'd encoding with avstodvd and it was taking for ever , and that still means nothing to me regarding hcenc and does'nt solve my problem , and i dont have over 24 hours to encode stuff ???
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what to else to suggest. Post a link to the troublesome MKV and I'll see
    if I can download it and check it myself.
    Last edited by davexnet; 13th Apr 2011 at 23:49.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    are you on newsgroup or do you want a differant link , let me know thanks
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I no longer have access to newsgroups.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    if you go on www.rlxmix.net and search for justified season 2 any episodes from 4 through to ep 9 of the web-dl randi releases are what give me the problem , i get a differant error if only trying to encode one episode hcenc does'nt even come up if only trying to encode one episode, i get that error code when trying to encode three epsisode's , let me know if any prob's
    Last edited by tyson25; 14th Apr 2011 at 11:27.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK - I've got a download going. I was going to suggest an alternative approach,
    install DVD Flick and see if that can create a DVD from those files.

I'll post back when the file completes it's download, it's going to take over an hour.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried dvd flick before avs to dvd and it sucks with mkv's the video movement is all jerky when its encoded
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's possible you're seeing some jerkiness because you're going from 23.976 > 25 frames per second. Not sure
    how DVD Flick does it, may be a simple duplication of frames. AVStoDVD use DVD pulldown which usually gives a smoother
    result.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    It's possible you're seeing some jerkiness because you're going from 23.976 > 25 frames per second. Not sure
    how DVD Flick does it, may be a simple duplication of frames. AVStoDVD use DVD pulldown which usually gives a smoother
    result.
    Could a frame rate difference account for subtitles (obviously not the hard-coded variety) being a couple seconds out of sync ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think the subtitles are affected by the frame rate; the running time should be the same despite the frame rate unless
    you check the ntsc(film) to PAL speedup.

I finally managed to download Justifed s02e04 Randi.mkv What a pain the backside those download site's are.

I think it has MKV header compression which may cause an issue in some circumstances. However, if you go into the
    preferences/avisynth tab/AVS source filter and set it to directshow, I found the file encoded normally.
    (you have to restart the project as NEW for it to take affect)

Setting the AVS source filter to ffmpeg issued an error message about "unsupported compression method". I used AVIdemux
    to re-mux trhe MKV (as I mentioned earlier) and this file worked OK using the FFmpeg source method.
    (After you press the "start" button you may have to wait 5 - 10 minutes before you see anything happen;
    the source filter has to create an index.

tyson25 - change the AVS source filter to directshow and restart the project. What happens now?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    right , what exactly are you telling me to do , as when i did one of the things you said in that msg still gettinmg the error , your last mag isnt very clear , i need to know what you want me to do ??
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's in my third paragraph above: How to use the AVStoDVD preferences to change the source filter.
    Set it to directshow source and restart the project as NEW.
    Quote Quote