+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 137
FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Grabbed he newer beta and I get this message when i start it

VB6 Common Controls not found

any ideas what i can do to get rid of this message...AVStodvd starts up after the message but I don't know if this needs to fixed on my pc or not...VB6 and all

thanx
    Quote Quote  
  2. @Moontrash

during Splash Screen display, AVStoDVD performs a check on required software.

If file 'mscomctl.ocx' (VB6 common dialog library) is not found in windows\system32 folder, then that warning message pops up. BTW, if you use Installer release, during installation all required VB6 controls are installed and registered, including 'mscomctl.ocx'.

Let me know

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanx _MrC_..i found it in the "lib" folder of the portable so i placed it in system/system 32/ but it still gave me the same error...so i did as you said and just installed the install version and it works now..thank you...i'm guessing the file has to be registered before it will work
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello--I'm a newbie to AVStoDVD but experienced in DVD's.

I have not been able to get the audio to complete--

On log5, I tried to copy both the DTS and the AC3 audio tracks and it crashed.
    On log6, I tried to copy only the DTS track and have no audio (possibly because I have no DTS decoder on my computer...but the file seems to be changed to an AC3)--however the program did not crash.
    On log0, I tried copying only the AC3 track and got a track out of bounds message.
    Log files attached.

I have not changed any parameters from the way they were set on download--perhaps a "base settings" TXT file would be useful to double check that all settings are set to work initially?

Any help would be appreciated. If this is a common issue and I missed finding the solution on the searches that I have done, please direct me to a previous post that explains it to save your time. Thanks in advance

Bob
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    @Moontrash -- there is a portable version ?? Wasn't aware of that.

_MrC_,

Last night I launched a project, expecting it would be long finished when I returned to the computer the next morning. Instead, there was a message to the effect that one vidclip was found to have a shorter duration than expected, but did I want to continue anyway ? So, the project was far from completed, and pausing for user input. Perhaps there is already a setting in AVS somewhere for this, but if not, there probably should be. For such cases, I think I would prefer the option to set it to proceed to completion no matter what. As long as the triggering error was documented in the log, I could always refer to it after the fact, and redo the project later if necessary. (Incidentally, so far I have not found evidence that one of those clips was indeed truncated, if in fact it really was, or which one brought up the error. Is there some other log to consult, besides the one we see at the bottom of the project screen ?)
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @eskort

some suggestions:

1. Use latest 2.4.0 beta release
    2. Leave 'Wavi+Aften' instead of 'QuEnc' as default AC3 encoder
    3. Since the mkv seems to have audio tracks with delay, I suggest you to remux/fix the file with MKVtoolnix (it comes with 2.4.0 beta installer)
    4. If secondary audio track (AC3) encoding continues to be difficult, then try to demux it when AVStoDVD ask you for audio track selection (toggle on option on the bottom left).

Let me know

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 6th Apr 2011 at 14:03.
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. @Seeker47

portable version is not official, no support from me.

I may add a new Preferences option (something like 'Skip error messages at runtime') to handle situations like that. What do you think?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @Seeker47

portable version is not official, no support from me.

I may add a new Preferences option (something like 'Skip error messages at runtime') to handle situations like that. What do you think?

Bye
    Options like that are always welcome, IMO. I'm sure you would likely set the defaults the way that most people would choose, and no one is forced to go with a (possibly) less common alternative that fewer users might prefer, but it is there if they want to make use of it. Everybody wins.

And about the logs question ? I hate to keep bringing up CX2D (which I think you are starting to leave in the dust and in the distance, btw !) but it may be that their log gives us more info re what is going on or going wrong. Interpreting it could be another matter, though.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    And about the logs question ? I hate to keep bringing up CX2D (which I think you are starting to leave in the dust and in the distance, btw !) but it may be that their log gives us more info re what is going on or going wrong. Interpreting it could be another matter, though.
    Do you still have the troublesome project .log file? If yes, post it here.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  10. WARNING to all users!

There's a bug in the delay detection routine: AVStoDVD is using the MediaInfo 'Audio'/'Delay' stream tag, instead correct tag is 'Audio'/'Video Delay'.

PLEASE DE-ACTIVATE 'Preferences'/'Audio'/'Auto Adjust Delay' WHEN USING RELEASES 2.3.4 AND 2.4.0 beta 110401

A new beta will be soon available.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i've tried 3 different .ts files and i can't get one of them to encode successfully..it starts, scans the .ts and within a minute this box pops up and it fails

Click image for larger version

Name:	htrffg.png
Views:	1054
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	6374

HC Encoder gives an error in the encode before it disappears

Click image for larger version

Name:	dfydgg.png
Views:	1169
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	6375

these .ts files are from 3 different sources and are not in any way related. All sizes are diferent. All bitrates. Tried PAL and NTSC, no luck. I wonder what it could be.
    Quote Quote  
  12. MrC i've been using 2.3.4 with audio adjust delay ticked and haven't had one out of sync encode could this be just because some people's sources aren't muxed properly or they don't have the correct codecs? Bluray(m2ts) to dvd went fine, mkvs and avis to dvd is fine too.
    Quote Quote  
  13. @Moontrash

please post the full DVD_0.log file

@dylz

yes, it can surely be. If the 2 MediaInfo tags ('Delay' and 'Video Delay') are equal, then the auto delay adjust routine works properly. But if they are not, then the routine fails because it uses 'Delay' value instead of 'Video Delay'. In short, the routine is not 100% reliable.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <4/6/2011 8:18:08 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: PAL
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 4478/4478 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\USER\Videos
    Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
    Delete Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline64Resize
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 6500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: D: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7240S 1.03
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    <>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\ZZZ Files\General Use.h264.ts
    Info: AVC - 9910 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAR 1.778 - 25 fps (CFR) - Interlaced (TFF) - 1:42:14 hours - 153353 frames
    Audio 1: C:\ZZZ Files\General Use.h264.ts
    Info: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 16 bit - 1:42:14 hours (600000 ms delay) - Internal (Track 1)
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.42]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Users\USER\Downloads\AVStoDVD_240Beta11 0401_NoInstall\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Users\USER\Downloads\AVStoDVD_240Be ta110401_NoInstall\Lib\LeakKernelDeint.dll")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\ZZZ Files\General Use.h264.ts", CacheFolder="C:\Users\USER~1\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRate=25, VFR=false)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    # Forced 'FFAudioSource' to extract secondary Audio Tracks
    Audio = FFAudioSource("C:\ZZZ Files\General Use.h264.ts", track=2, cachefile="C:\Users\USER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\A2DF FA_" + String(Rand()) + ".cache")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
    Video = Video.LeakKernelBob(1,7,false,false)
    Video = Video.Spline64Resize(720,576)
    Video = Video.SeparateFields().SelectEvery(4,1,2).Weave()

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 4238.9 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\USER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_Gene ral Use.h264.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\USER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_General Use.h264.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\USER\Videos\DVD_0_General Use.h264.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\USER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_0_General Use.h264.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 5795
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *INTERLACED
    *TFF
    *BIAS 60
    *DC_PREC 9
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<4/6/2011 8:20:35 PM>
    PROCESS ABORTED DURING TITLE 1 VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS.

CHECK LOG FILE <C:\USERS\USER\VIDEOS\DVD_0.LOG> FOR MORE INFO.
    <>

<4/6/2011 8:20:35 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.4.0 Beta build 110401
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  15. I suggest you to demux the secondary audio track (AC3): add the .ts file, then when AVStoDVD asks you to select the audio track, select it and toggle on the 'Demux selected Audio Track' option box.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    on a hunch i decided to just load up a vob title set to do and see what would happen...same thing. Doesn't matter what file format it is. Doesn't work. Hmmm...I'm not sure what it could be. Codec issue or maybe an internal settign is wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by Moontrash View Post
    on a hunch i decided to just load up a vob title set to do and see what would happen...same thing. Doesn't matter what file format it is. Doesn't work. Hmmm...I'm not sure what it could be. Codec issue or maybe an internal settign is wrong.
    I assume you are trying to use a secondary audio track with vob as well, aren't you?

Did you try to demux the track as I suggested you?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i tried your way. 1 of the 3 .ts files I have only has 1 audio track and the same. The vob sets I have tried only had eng. audio. lol I'm stumped
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    -Mr C-

I followed your advice below with the demux option also and wasn't successful. I was going to wait until the delay variable label was fixed and try again.

@eskort

some suggestions:

1. Use latest 2.4.0 beta release
    2. Leave 'Wavi+Aften' instead of 'QuEnc' as default AC3 encoder
    3. Since the mkv seems to have audio tracks with delay, I suggest you to remux/fix the file with MKVtoolnix (it comes with 2.4.0 beta installer)
    4. If secondary audio track (AC3) encoding continues to be difficult, then try to demux it when AVStoDVD ask you for audio track selection (toggle on option on the bottom left).

Let me know

Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    well i did a reformat over the last few days ad now the dvd function works with no problem but when i load up a .ts file, it does start to encode..but...HC Enc doesn't work...Quenc pops up and starts to work even though I have Hc Enc as the encoder to use. My guess is that it's the .ts file itself or some codec setting. Maybe even an avisynth issue. Multiavchd works in both PAL and NTSC conversions but the audio is badly out of sync with one of the .ts files. I'll tinker with it and see if I can't figure out what the issue is.

great app though _MrC_
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    One tip that I've found useful is to copy and paste the avisynth script from the AVStoDVD project script tab.
    Copy it into a notepad window and save as test_script.avs .

Drop the script onto virtualdub. Do you get picture and sound? Can you drag through it, etc,etc.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Hi im a newbe about this program.
    I heave been tryed it yesterday. I want a Mkv file to dvd
    It says it´s completed succesful but i cant get any sound what ever i do.
    Tryed to burd to dvd plays perfect but no sound tryed to make iso plays perfect in Vlc but still no sound.
    Have somebody any idea ?

My english sucks
    Last edited by glimmerman; 9th Apr 2011 at 07:22.
    Quote Quote  
  23. @glimmerman

copy and paste here the project .log file.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    One tip that I've found useful is to copy and paste the avisynth script from the AVStoDVD project script tab.
    Copy it into a notepad window and save as test_script.avs .

Drop the script onto virtualdub. Do you get picture and sound? Can you drag through it, etc,etc.
    Dave, I guess you know that there is the 'Preview Clip' button, don't you? You can even tell AVStoDVD to use an external media player to preview the AviSynth script.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  25. MrC when do the logfile show´s in the beginning or after ?When ive burned with the program there is one thing audio/mux thats not green like the others
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Every time I do a file in AVStoDvd that Audio/Mux has never been green for me. All the audio is there though and works fine.

I finally got this app to work. I'm not sure what did it but I was using another app last night and when I started it up, it gave me a message that I needed ffdshow installed. I had the 64 bit version isntalled so I just uninstalled it and re-installed a standard 32 bit version. After that I loaded up one of the .ts files and it worked. HC Encoder finally started working...everything works fine now. Results are damn good.
    Quote Quote  
  27. @glimmerman

the project .log file is in the 'Output Folder'. Audio/Video Mux may have a green spot only when 'Muxed MPEG2 File' is selected as output option, otherwise it is red (= not necessary step).

@Moontrash

nice to hear you have fixed the issue!

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi , i'm having a slight problem i converted a few things with this but just try'd to convert the next three things which are the same as three other things i converted and i never got this msg with first three things, but i keep getting this msg , on the last conversion i did select the option to always use ffdshow on conversions , so not sure if thats what is causing the problem , but i really need to know whats causing this , help greatly appreciated

error incompatable input use converttoyv12 or converttoyuy2

the weird thing is i encoded episodes 1,2and 3 to disc with no probs , now i,m getting this msg come up when trying to either put 4,5 and 6 to disc and 7,8,9 to disc

here's log

Video Resolution: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 4500
    Video BitRate Level 1: 6500
    Video Profile Level 2: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Language: EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 18pt Bold
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: D: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-219L 1.01
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Save Log file: 1
    Save General Settings: 0
    Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
    Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
    <>
    <11/04/2011 23:26:41>
    TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: H:\Justified S02E04 For Blood or Money 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 RANDi\Justified.S02E04.For.Blood.or.Money.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RANDi.mkv
    Info: AVC - 3953 kbps - 1280x720 - DAR 1.778 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 40:39 minutes - 58491 frames
    Audio 1: H:\Justified S02E04 For Blood or Money 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 RANDi\Justified.S02E04.For.Blood.or.Money.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RANDi.mkv
    Info: AC3 - 384 kbps - CBR - 6ch - 48000Hz - 16bit - 40:39 minutes - Internal
    Subs:
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.41]
    <>
    AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")
    Video = A2DVideoSource("H:\Justified S02E04 For Blood or Money 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 RANDi\Justified.S02E04.For.Blood.or.Money.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RANDi.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\blood\LOCALS~1\Temp", FrameRate=23.976, VFR=false)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("H:\Justified S02E04 For Blood or Money 720p WEB DL DD5 1 H 264 RANDi\Justified.S02E04.For.Blood.or.Money.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RANDi.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\DOCUME~1\blood\LOCALS~1\Temp")
    Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.Spline64Resize(720,576)
    AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>
    START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 1349.1 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\DOCUME~1\blood\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_0_Title_01_Ju stified.S02E04.For.Blood.or.Money.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RANDi.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\DOCUME~1\blood\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_0_Title_01_Jus tified.S02E04.For.Blood.or.Money.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RANDi_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Documents and Settings\blood\My Documents\My Videos\DVD_0_Title_01_Justified.S02E04.For.Blood.o r.Money.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RANDi.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\DOCUME~1\blood\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_0_Title_01_Jus tified.S02E04.For.Blood.or.Money.720p.WEB-DL.DD5.1.H.264-RANDi.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *1PASS
    *BITRATE 4638
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *BIAS 50
    *DC_PREC 9
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>
    <11/04/2011 23:26:53>
    PROCESS ABORTED DURING TITLE 1 VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS.
    CHECK LOG FILE <C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\BLOOD\MY DOCUMENTS\MY VIDEOS\DVD_0.LOG> FOR MORE INFO.
    <>
    <11/04/2011 23:26:53>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.3.4
    <>
    help urgently needed to get this sorted thanks
    Last edited by tyson25; 12th Apr 2011 at 12:11.
    Quote Quote  
  29. @tyson25

have you installed Haali Media Splitter (included in AVStoDVD installer package) and ffdshow (not included)?

If you are running Windows7, have a look at Help\FAQ\General\Q1.5

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, i'm new to this software , but i'm using windows xp also i just installed both of those and it still comes up with that error when i try using avs to dvd
    Quote Quote