VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 137
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    video conversion with this app works perfectly. However, the last 2 mkv's I've tried, i haven't been able to get the audio I want. All I want is ac3 192k and the last 4 tries it keeps giving me 448k....way bigger than I need. I'd rather have the xtra 200mb's to give to the video quality than the audio. My settings in the audio are like this below

Click image for larger version

Name:	AVStoDVD_17.png
Views:	985
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	5234

I'm stumped
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC, thanks for your reply I did as you advise I switch from (A2DSource to FFMpegSource), the process ran for more than 5 hours this was in the log file,..

<1/19/2011 2:06:00 AM>
    START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 1-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 704.2 MB
    HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\DOCUME~1\JESSEW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_20_capture 0000.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\DOCUME~1\JESSEW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_20_capture0 000_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE D:\AVSDVDFolder\DVD_20_capture0000.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\DOCUME~1\JESSEW~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\DVD_20_capture0 000.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *1PASS
    *BITRATE 8500
    *PROFILE NORMAL
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *INTERLACED
    *BFF
    *BIAS 80
    *DC_PREC 10
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<1/19/2011 7:16:35 AM>
    PROCESS ABORTED DURING TITLE 1 VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS.

CHECK LOG FILE <D:\AVSDVDFOLDER\DVD_20.LOG> FOR MORE INFO.
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC, after several attempts to get the audio working correctly in AVStoDVD,.. I never did, so I stop and call a friend over and he used another program to convert the audio, after the conversion the file was loaded into ASVtoDVD to complete the process.

On the menu bar if we select "Burn DVD" another problem pop up stating the "process aborted during burning operation", but after ImgBurn finished there was no problem with the disk, if the default output DVD Folder is used the message is "Process Completed Successfully", so as to not cause another problem I'm using the default output and burn with ImgBurn. Thanks for an excellent all in one DVD authorizing program.
    Quote Quote  
  4. @Moontrash

what is the audio format in your last 2 mkv?

@helidriver

glad to hear you have found a workaround. As a suggestion of mine, do not use 'HCenc VBR 1-pass' for such high avg bitrate (8500 kbps), do prefer 'QuEnc CBR 1-pass', since it is not convenient to force HCenc to work almost as a constant bitrate encoder (avg 8500, max 9000).

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks MrC, I will do as you suggest and change from "HCenc VBR 1-pass to QuEnc CBR 1-pass. Do you know what would cause the burn error to be log?,...The disk is OK no problem and play in my DVD Player.

<1/19/2011 3:57:30 PM>
    START DVD BURNING OPERATIONS
    ImgBurn (DVD) Parameters: /mode isobuild /buildmode device /src "D:\AVSDVDFolder\DVD_1\VIDEO_TS" /dest E: /volumelabel "DVD" /speed 4x /erase /testmode no /verify no /noimagedetails /start /waitformedia /close
    <>

<1/19/2011 4:02:36 PM>
    PROCESS ABORTED DURING DVD BURNING OPERATIONS.

CHECK LOG FILE <D:\AVSDVDFOLDER\DVD_1.LOG> FOR MORE INFO.
    <>

<1/19/2011 4:02:36 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.3.3
    <>
    Quote Quote  
  6. AVStoDVD checks the presence of the following file (assuming that E: is the burning drive):

E:\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO

If not present, or its size is 0 byte, it gives that error message.

A possibility is that you checked the 'Eject' option box from ImgBurn GUI. Did you?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1 is DTS and the other is ac3

i found a workaround...i used Multiavchd to create a dvd and the resolution was squished but the audio was good...so i stripped the audio from it...ran the same mkv through avstodvd but left out that audio and created the vob files...(calculated to the exact size i would need to reach 4.35 gb's)...i used pgcdemux and stripped the audio from the Multiavchd title and did the same with the avstodvd title except only stripped the cell times and the video...muxman'd everything..works perfectly and in sync

Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Moontrash View Post
    1 is DTS and the other is ac3
    There's a check (hardcoded) on the input audio channels number. If channels are 6+ than bitrate is maximized (448 kbps for AC3 output). I admit that it can be confusing and the "feat" is not documented (I will update Help section), but the rationale is to keep maximum audio quality when source audio is (or should be) good.

If you want to force 192 kbps in any case, add your title, go to 'Edit Title'/'Audio', toggle off 'Auto Audio Setup' and select 192 as 'Audio BitRate'.

BTW remember that 192 kbps will be distributed (not equally) among all the 6+ channels.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thank you _MrC_...i'm gonna be trying the other mkv here shortly and will use your instructions and see how I do. I figure the titles I'm doing now are quite old so going back to the actual audio of the time...2 channel won't be too bad

your app is the only one I know of thats gets the closest to actual dvd-5 size. Others get about 100mb's away but yours gets closest by far. On top of that your always updating the newest free apps used....that is exceptional. Amazing how you always keep on top of things with AVStoDVD...good work

Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You are correct MrC, I unchecked the Eject box in ImgBurn GUI,..problem solved.

Thanks again..
    Quote Quote  
  11. MrC,

I converted 23,976 fps avi to PAL DVD with SpeedUp-option selected, and it turned out that subs were not in sync with the video. I tried again, this time with hard-coded subs, and the sync-problems were gone. Subtitles were also in perfect sync, when I first converted them from 23,976 fps to 25 fps using SubtitleCreator, and then added them to the project (as regular DVD subs, not hard-coded ones)

I don’t know if you already have this on your ToDo-list, but automatic correction of the subtitle frame rate (when SpeedUp is used) would be a great addition to future versions of AVStoDVD.
    This is not a big issue for me, because I normally hard-code the subs, but I’m sure there are also those who prefer regular DVD-subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  12. The issue is well known and handled. There's following warning message:

Warning! Make sure that selected Subtitle track FrameRate is compatible with DVD Video Standard.

(PAL -> 25 fps, NTSC -> 29.97 fps)

Do you still want to continue?
    I agree that an automate subs fps conversion would be better, but unfortunately SubtitleCreator does not support fps conversion thru command line.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  13. New Year's gift:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/files/avstodvd_addons

Many thanks to JohnJ

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was reading Hcenc user manual - http://hank315.nl/files/HC_025/HC025.pdf - and find out the it can handle multiple instances. How about create an option to decode 2 or 3 files at same time?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by trabanom View Post
    I was reading Hcenc user manual - http://hank315.nl/files/HC_025/HC025.pdf - and find out the it can handle multiple instances. How about create an option to decode 2 or 3 files at same time?
    HCenc can handle multithread encoding (see *SMP command). That feature is already used by AVStoDVD.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I think he is talking about encoding multiple titles simultaneously. Not much use if you only have a single video on a disc.

I see limited value for most users for this, given that most encoders (HCEnc included) attempt to use the full capacity of the CPU to minimise the encoding time. Some leave a little overhead so the PC can be used for other basic functions, but most run at 90+% of CPU capacity for the duration. Adding a second encode at the same time means reducing the CPU allocated to the first encode to accommodate the second. Instead of having one encode taking 50 minutes, followed by a second encode taking 50 minutes, you get two simultaneous encodes taking 100 minutes. You don't actually win. You also risk increasing contention on other parts of the system, such as disk IO, which could result in slowing down the simultaneous encodes and giving you less overall performance.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  17. HCenc author
    Search Comp PM
    Agree with guns1inger, there's not much to gain by starting more than one instance, standard multi-threading in HCenc will use about 80% CPU on a quad-core. Also starting multiple instances can be a real memory hog.
    If you have a CPU with 8+ real cores, 64 bit OS and a lot of memory it can be advantageous to start multiple instances, especially if there's a heavy filter chain in the avs input, otherwise one instance will do OK and will keep your PC responsive.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I’m installing AVStoDVD on a new PC. A window came up regarding Haali Media Splitter Setup Options. I’m not sure about 2 options: Disable MPC internal Matroska splitter and Disable Gabest’s Matroska splitter. These 2 by default are checked to disable. I presume MPC is Media Player Classic. If so, I have not installed it.

I do not recall this option screen coming up when I installed AVStoDVD on my old PC. My concern is disabling something on a new system that I am not yet familiar with.

Should I allow the program to disable these 2 splitters?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hank315 View Post
    Agree with guns1inger, there's not much to gain by starting more than one instance, standard multi-threading in HCenc will use about 80% CPU on a quad-core. Also starting multiple instances can be a real memory hog.
    If you have a CPU with 8+ real cores, 64 bit OS and a lot of memory it can be advantageous to start multiple instances, especially if there's a heavy filter chain in the avs input, otherwise one instance will do OK and will keep your PC responsive.
    That's the point: I have a AMD X6, 8GB memory and 4x 500GB HDD. My job is to create DVD from old home video VHS or simple from old digital cameras to DVD. Sometimes i have to deal up to 15 files at a time. I had follow my CPU for quite some time and it never get over 46% at HCenc full load. I even tried to put it to work on high priority but did not get any significant gain in time. That's why I'm looking for a way to speed up the processes.
    I also tried to talk to HCenc developer to see if he can improve it multi-thread function but did not receive any answer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hank315 is the author of HCEnc, I believe.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger View Post
    Hank315 is the author of HCEnc, I believe.
    I haven't see that. Thanks.

Mr. Hank315, is there a way to improve multi-thread programing on HCenc?
    Quote Quote  
  22. HCenc author
    Search Comp PM
    HCenc uses frame-threading, because of the frame dependency in MPEG2 it will use a maximum of 3-4 threads.
    For now I have no plans to change the threading scheme, it's not something which can be changed easily.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by trabanom View Post
    That's the point: I have a AMD X6, 8GB memory and 4x 500GB HDD. My job is to create DVD from old home video VHS or simple from old digital cameras to DVD. Sometimes i have to deal up to 15 files at a time. I had follow my CPU for quite some time and it never get over 46% at HCenc full load. I even tried to put it to work on high priority but did not get any significant gain in time. That's why I'm looking for a way to speed up the processes.
    I also tried to talk to HCenc developer to see if he can improve it multi-thread function but did not receive any answer.
    If it will handle your input try FAVC. It will launch an instance of HC per core. It's no longer being developed afaik. But it has a 64 bit version 1.07. I haven't seen a faster way to convert to DVD with HC quality. The only suggestion I would make is save your working folder rather than setting it to delete. On occasion Muxing may stop short with no error. If that happens you can just manually author a DVD using the .m2v and audio streams. Seems like it only happens 7 or 8 times out of a hundred. Just enough where you have to check the run time of the completed DVD to make sure it's 100% complete.
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HCenc uses frame-threading, because of the frame dependency in MPEG2 it will use a maximum of 3-4 threads.
    For now I have no plans to change the threading scheme, it's not something which can be changed easily.
    Ok, i get it. Thanks for your answer.

If it will handle your input try FAVC. It will launch an instance of HC per core. It's no longer being developed afaik. But it has a 64 bit version 1.07. I haven't seen a faster way to convert to DVD with HC quality. The only suggestion I would make is save your working folder rather than setting it to delete. On occasion Muxing may stop short with no error. If that happens you can just manually author a DVD using the .m2v and audio streams. Seems like it only happens 7 or 8 times out of a hundred. Just enough where you have to check the run time of the completed DVD to make sure it's 100% complete.
    Ok, I'll try it, but from what i saw, the menu is automatic, so i can not change or create something. Thanks for your suggestion.
    Last edited by trabanom; 26th Jan 2011 at 06:05.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by trabanom View Post
    Ok, i get it. Thanks for your answer.

Ok, I'll try it, but from what i saw, the menu is automatic, so i can not change or create something. Thanks for your suggestion.
    I thought you wanted speed? I'm not much for menus anyway as I usually have a single video DVD. If you want more menu options then use an authoring program with the .m2v and audio stream produced in the working folder. Typically running HC using FAVC with multiple instances on a quad core is about twice as fast as using the multi-thread HC single instance method.. at least for the video encoding. There's some overhead as FAVC does encoding in ranges of the video and then does Pulldown if needed and appends all the output video streams during muxing etc.. Still it's the fastest way I've seen that's not just transcoding.

Edit: you can change the background image for the menu. Just use an image the same res as the one in the Menu subfolder in FAVC folder tree. You can also change the button text and menu overall title. I think that's it though. You may be able to use the assets with SVCD2DVD which has a nice menu wizard. The advatage of SVCD2DVD is mpg2 assets that already have navpacks are not encoded. Adding a menu should only involve muxing/authoring. Subtitles may be another story if you haven't hard coded them since it only supports .sup.
    Last edited by MilesAhead; 26th Jan 2011 at 17:24. Reason: redundant comments removed
    http://milesaheadsoftware.org/
    Fully enabled freeware for Windows PCs.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MilesAhead View Post

I thought you wanted speed? I'm not much for menus anyway as I usually have a single video DVD. If you want more menu options then use an authoring program with the .m2v and audio stream produced in the working folder. Typically running HC using FAVC with multiple instances on a quad core is about twice as fast as using the multi-thread HC single instance method.. at least for the video encoding. There's some overhead as FAVC does encoding in ranges of the video and then does Pulldown if needed and appends all the output video streams during muxing etc.. Still it's the fastest way I've seen that's not just transcoding.

Edit: you can change the background image for the menu. Just use an image the same res as the one in the Menu subfolder in FAVC folder tree. You can also change the button text and menu overall title. I think that's it though. You may be able to use the assets with SVCD2DVD which has a nice menu wizard. The advatage of SVCD2DVD is mpg2 assets that already have navpacks are not encoded. Adding a menu should only involve muxing/authoring. Subtitles may be another story if you haven't hard coded them since it only supports .sup.
    I want to speed up the encode process as you understand first. I have an old license of DVD Lab Pro and I believe its time to reborn it to author those dvds. This night I'll try FAVC and tomorrow i give you feedback about it but not here, in private to not going out of toppic focus.
    Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Release 2.3.4 is available to download

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'Auto Adjust Delay' option in 'Preferences'/'Audio'
    - Added 'Auto Adjust Delay' option in 'Title Edit'/'Audio' (adjustment is done during Audio encoding step)
    - Added 'Copy Title Name to DVD Label' command button in 'Title Edit'/'General'
    - Added FFmpeg as 'AC3 Audio Encoder' in 'Preferences'/'Audio'
    - Added 'Fix SRT' routine for authored subtitles (mandatory, at runtime)
    - Added Channels number and BitRate check after Audio encoding. Upon failure, backup Audio encoding routine (FFmpeg based) is started
    - Added tooltips to Progress Status Window icons
    - Added Drop Shadows customization for 'Play All' and 'Arrows' buttons in DVD Menu Wizard
    - Added (again!) ImagoMPEG-Muxer to multiplex AC3 and MP2 Audio streams (instead of FFmpeg)
    - Moved all Skins but 'Default' as add-on packages at AVStoDVD SourceForge webpage
    - Moved all Menu Templates but 'Menu in Black' as add-on packages at AVStoDVD SourceForge webpage
    - Added 'Canny_Suite_100_by_JohnJ' (33 new Menu Templates) as add-on package at AVStoDVD SourceForge webpage (many thanks to JohnJ)
    - Removed 'cachefile' command when FFMpegSource is used as 'AVS Source Filter'
    - Improved DVD burning success detection (ImgBurn log parsing)
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.41
    - Haali Media Splitter updated to 1.10.348.15
    - ImgBurn updated to 2.5.5.0

Suggestions and feedbacks are always welcome

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If someone can verify what to do as per posting # 348 I would appreciate it.

Again, I’m presuming MPC is Media Player Classic. But if not, what is getting disabled because I do not have Media Player Classic on my PC?

Haali Media Splitter never asked any questions when I installed it on my old PC, IIRC. And there is no setup or properties file in the old Haali program folder, therefore I cannot see what the old properties were.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC, I have a problem downloading the latest version of AVStoDVD 2.3.4,..but version 2.3.3 will download just fine is their another
    download link?.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Release 2.3.4 is available to download
    I am starting to get more into this program (as a very welcome alternative to CX2D), and much appreciate your continuing work on it. I've been accumulating several questions -- maybe better directed to another running thread that I've seen here (?). In the meantime, let me second some issues with the d/l from Sourceforge. I keep getting a very small .Exe file, ranging from 800kb to 1.9MB. That can't be right: I don't believe yours is one of those few that just provides a stub which "dials" out to retrieve all the rest from somewhere at install time. I don't see too much of that method anymore.

Oh, while I'm at it: Uninstall prior version and then install a new version, or install new version over top of the previous one ? For safety's sake, I normally assume the former, unless the developer indicates otherwise, as sometimes they do.
    Last edited by Seeker47; 28th Jan 2011 at 15:35.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote