VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 137
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trabanom View Post
    A question: how can i create pages for menu?
    Do you mean create a DVD Menu (just follow the Wizard) or create new templates? If the latter, just open one of the templates subfolder and see what's in, then create a new subfolder, keep same filenames, use same images format and compile labels.ini file as you will.

Bye
    I mean: first page movie selection and play all - this is easy. When you choose a movie, a new menu page open with "play" and a new target "scene selection". If you select "scene selection", a new menu page open and all chapter are shown to be select.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by _MrC_:2037150
    I try to do my best wih my little free time.
    About format specifications and Quick Start User Guide, well, my friend, they take time. But AVStoDVD is an open source software: any help is very very appreciated.
    Bye
    Keeping it Open source and Free is your generosity.
    Leave it to me, I will make just one or two page Quick Start PDF (I need to get beck to Windows OS.),
    and submit here. No Problemo!, not a big Deal.
    Last edited by Bonie81; 2nd Dec 2010 at 13:18.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_,

I find this to be an interesting and promising program, and look forward to trying some head to head project comparisons with CX2D -- particularly on material where I felt the latter came up short -- because I have reason to believe that your encoding options are superior. Also will be curious to see what happens with your 2-pass, since the one in CX2D-4 chokes and dies on my system . . . which might possibly be an AMD issue, or at least others have suggested that.

Having said this, I'm still wondering why AVS requires NTFS workspace for DL-size projects, whereas CX2D does not ? You must be generating much larger temporary files in the course of processing. I have now set up an e-SATA drive primarily for this purpose, and it may be that the AVS results are worth the extra trouble, but I'm still curious as to why this difference between two programs that essentially cover the same ground. (AVS also seems to be quite a bit slower in doing its thing, but that could again be reflective of quality differences.)
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you once again for the great work and the new update.
    This has been the far best encoder I have ever worked with.

Best of luck
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by trabanom View Post
    I mean: first page movie selection and play all - this is easy. When you choose a movie, a new menu page open with "play" and a new target "scene selection". If you select "scene selection", a new menu page open and all chapter are shown to be select.
    See Help/FAQ/Authoring/Q6.2

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Bonie81 View Post
    Keeping it Open source and Free is your generosity.
    Leave it to me, I will make just one or two page Quick Start PDF (I need to get beck to Windows OS.),
    and submit here. No Problemo!, not a big Deal.
    Thank you very much, Bonie, your help will be very appreciated!

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Having said this, I'm still wondering why AVS requires NTFS workspace for DL-size projects, whereas CX2D does not ? You must be generating much larger temporary files in the course of processing. I have now set up an e-SATA drive primarily for this purpose, and it may be that the AVS results are worth the extra trouble, but I'm still curious as to why this difference between two programs that essentially cover the same ground.
    I haven't installed and used CX2D, so I cannot give you hints how it works. Anyway I can for AVStoDVD

NTSF system is "suggested" when you select a full DVD-5 output (even more with DVD-9 output), simply because the intermediate m2v (MPEG2 elementary) will be larger than 4GB, that is the limit of FAT file system. If you select a FAT drive as output drive, AVStoDVD will automatically lower the total output size to manage that limit.

A probably working solution could be to split the video encoding process in 2 and then merge the 2 separates m2v with Muxman during authoring stage. But, really, I cannot promise to add that feature so shortly...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    See Help/FAQ/Authoring/Q6.2

Bye
    I have read it. But also gone to find more about Batchmux. According to this site - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=116297&highlight=BatchMux - first post, Batchamux is now capable of make complex menus with more pages. The author also include the scripts samples to make upto 3 menu pages.
    Is it difficult to upgrade AVS2DVD functionalities with this?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you _MrC_
    Excelent piece of software!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by trabanom View Post
    I have read it. But also gone to find more about Batchmux. According to this site - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=116297&highlight=BatchMux - first post, Batchamux is now capable of make complex menus with more pages. The author also include the scripts samples to make upto 3 menu pages.
    I probably know BatchMux better than you, simply because latest release was basically requested (and debugged) to Sir Didymus by me more than 2 years ago.

BatchMux can make multiple pages menu, and AVStoDVD has included that feat long time ago (i.e. split 12 titles into 3 different pages with 4 titles each). But BatchMux cannot make chapters selecting sub-pages or audio/subs languages setup pages.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I probably know BatchMux better than you, simply because latest release was basically requested (and debugged) to Sir Didymus by me more than 2 years ago.

BatchMux can make multiple pages menu, and AVStoDVD has included that feat long time ago (i.e. split 12 titles into 3 different pages with 4 titles each). But BatchMux cannot make chapters selecting sub-pages or audio/subs languages setup pages.

Bye
    Now i understand it.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    A probably working solution could be to split the video encoding process in 2 and then merge the 2 separates m2v with Muxman during authoring stage. But, really, I cannot promise to add that feature so shortly...

O.K. -- as the path of least resistance, I'm running AVS2D with an outboard e-SATA drive, which is NTFS.

I have another question or three. I wanted to compare the results using the different encoder options on some of the same test files. Apparently the only way to force the choice of encoder is via the "lock" option ? Next, I'm wondering just what is responsible for some very long processing times. (This probably won't be specific enough info for you, but I'll try anyway.) Let's take the example of a 3-clip compilation, with a total running time of around 80 minutes. I'm fairly sure that the problem in this case was one clip that is .WMV, running about 39 of those minutes. At first, I thought it might be a matter of choosing one encoder vs. another, but now it appears that -- by far -- most of the 13 hour (!) project time (on a faster dual-core AMD Athlon) is due to the Muxman phase for that particular clip. I don't know if this is an anomaly, or something not all that uncommon.

(I'm typing this from another computer -- no multi-tasking going on where AVS2D is doing its thing.)

Something else: I just realized that I screwed up with the project that is in progress on that computer right now, because I forgot to run the Menu Wizard first, prior to the encoding. Output is going to a DVD folder structure. I don't suppose I can run the Menu Wizard after the fact, and still take care of the menus ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    I wanted to compare the results using the different encoder options on some of the same test files. Apparently the only way to force the choice of encoder is via the "lock" option ?
    - 'Edit Title'/'Video'
    - Toggle off 'Auto Video Setup'
    - Select the encoder profile

Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Next, I'm wondering just what is responsible for some very long processing times. (This probably won't be specific enough info for you, but I'll try anyway.) Let's take the example of a 3-clip compilation, with a total running time of around 80 minutes. I'm fairly sure that the problem in this case was one clip that is .WMV, running about 39 of those minutes. At first, I thought it might be a matter of choosing one encoder vs. another, but now it appears that -- by far -- most of the 13 hour (!) project time (on a faster dual-core AMD Athlon) is due to the Muxman phase for that particular clip. I don't know if this is an anomaly, or something not all that uncommon.
    Video processing time depends on input file resolution, simply because the process includes both decoding and encoding. It depends on output resolution and on quantity of AviSynth filters used.

Generally speaking HCenc is longer then QuEnc, since QuEnc does one pass only. But HCenc is more efficient in multi-threading, some users have reported that on a quad-core HCenc 2-pass is equal or faster than QuEnc 1-pass.

Authoring time depends only on the output title filesize (thus input title time length).

Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Something else: I just realized that I screwed up with the project that is in progress on that computer right now, because I forgot to run the Menu Wizard first, prior to the encoding. Output is going to a DVD folder structure. I don't suppose I can run the Menu Wizard after the fact, and still take care of the menus ?
    After pressing 'START', there is no possibility to change project settings. Just abort encoding, go back to your project settings and when you are sure that everything is fine, press again 'START'.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  14. I just discovered AVStoDVD, and I must say it’s an amazing tool. Very easy to use, and the video quality is excellent. Already made a couple of DVDs with it, and everything works perfectly. I have one question:

Is there an option to display DVD subtitles by default? Subs work fine, but I have to turn them on with my DVD remote. This is not a big issue, but if there is not such an option, that would be on my wish list.

I also have another suggestion: You told earlier in this forum that if both “Use PAL SpeedUp for NTSC-film to PAL” and “Keep AC3/DTS/MP2 DVD compliant Audio” are selected, the audio goes out of sync in NTSC to PAL -conversions.

Would it be a good idea to make AVStoDVD smart enough to automatically ignore “keep compliant audio” –setting in these cases?

Thanks,
    Jume
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I couldn't figure out how to turn subtitles on by default, but instead I just hardcode the subs.

Right click the video you added.
    Select "Edit Title"
    Subtitles TAB
    uncheck "auto subtitles setup"
    check "Hard coded"

Im sure there is a way to do it but this way the subs will show up when doing preview too so its nice that you can see if they are right or not.
    Quote Quote  
  16. @Jume

Originally Posted by JuMe View Post
    Is there an option to display DVD subtitles by default? Subs work fine, but I have to turn them on with my DVD remote. This is not a big issue, but if there is not such an option, that would be on my wish list.
    Unfortunately there is no option in BatchMux (MuxMan wrapper used to do authoring) to force soft-subs. BTW the ThaDraGun suggestion is a good solution and hard-subs look better than soft-subs.

I also have another suggestion: You told earlier in this forum that if both “Use PAL SpeedUp for NTSC-film to PAL” and “Keep AC3/DTS/MP2 DVD compliant Audio” are selected, the audio goes out of sync in NTSC to PAL -conversions.

Would it be a good idea to make AVStoDVD smart enough to automatically ignore “keep compliant audio” –setting in these cases?
    By default, the DVD compliant audio track is actually re-encoded if “Use PAL SpeedUp for NTSC-film to PAL” is on.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to capture the 44100 Hz audio from an FLV video file.

If I convert the FLV to an NTSC DVD compliant file it will have 48000 Hz audio. I then can extract & save the audio as 44100 Hz. Looking at the Help file it appears that even if I select one of the MPEG2 output options it will still give 48000 Hz audio.

Instead of converting to 48000 & then back to 44100, is there a way to extract or save the original 44100 FLV audio?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    Instead of converting to 48000 & then back to 44100, is there a way to extract or save the original 44100 FLV audio?
    Use FLVExtract.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    I would like to capture the 44100 Hz audio from an FLV video file.

If I convert the FLV to an NTSC DVD compliant file it will have 48000 Hz audio. I then can extract & save the audio as 44100 Hz. Looking at the Help file it appears that even if I select one of the MPEG2 output options it will still give 48000 Hz audio.

There is, but it has nothing to do with AVStoDVD or DVD authoring. Use AVI Demux to grab the audio for the flv file.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  20. ThaDraGun, thanks for the tip. Now I know how to preview the subs.

_MrC_, thank you for your quick answer. I just did my first NTSC 23,976 fps to PAL -conversion (both SpeedUp and Keep audio selected). Audio and video (and subs) stayed in perfect sync. Great!

I also noticed that hardcoded subs really look better. Good tip!
    Quote Quote  
  21. hello,
    i have a question: when i make an iso in avstodvd out of video from dv-avi format, and open the iso in vlc media player, the video doesnt look smooth but gets as if its not antialiased during motion, and its as if i can see some lines during motion. when i play the same dvd in my dvd player though, thats hooked up to the tv, the video playes smoothly.

why doesnt vlc media player play my iso smooth? vlc playes dvd movies just fine though, really clear, but my home movies always look not antialiased. i record my home movies on a mini-dv cassette camcorder.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure you have deinterlacing turned on when you watch material encoded from DV-AVI.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  23. will my home dvd play back just fine in ANY dvd player thats hooked up to a tv? are all dvd players made to handle dv-avi dvd's and deinterlace them automatically?
    Quote Quote  
  24. When I start the current version of AVStoDVD always a popup appears:

"Warning! ImgBurn NOT found"

How can I permanently suppress this warning popup?

or: How can I tell AVStoDVD the (new) location of the ImgBurn.exe prgm?

I found preference entry field for that

Peter
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hi Peter

Originally Posted by pxstein View Post
    How can I permanently suppress this warning popup?
    Go to 'Preferences'/'Misc' and select 'None' as Startup Splash Screen. Softwares check will be done in background without any popup message warnings.

Originally Posted by pxstein View Post
    How can I tell AVStoDVD the (new) location of the ImgBurn.exe prgm?
    Make sure that ImgBurn.exe is in the following reg key value path:
    Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ImgBurn\InstallDirectory
    (which is default ImgBurn location)

More info here: Help/FAQ/Burning/Q7.1

Bye
    Last edited by _MrC_; 16th Jan 2011 at 15:49.
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. MrC, one thing popped into my mind:

Since almost all DVD-players can play both PAL and NTSC –discs, how about adding an option called ”Auto” to “DVD Video Standard” –setting? Then AVStoDVD would automatically convert 29,97 fps source to NTSC DVD and 25 fps source to PAL DVD. And in case of 23,976 fps sources… well, I guess you know which method gives the smoothest playback: speedup to PAL of pulldown to NTSC.

Also a couple of additional suggestions for the subtitles:
    - possibility to change the bottom margin
    - support for .sub –format

Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by JuMe View Post
    Since almost all DVD-players can play both PAL and NTSC –discs, how about adding an option called ”Auto” to “DVD Video Standard” –setting? Then AVStoDVD would automatically convert 29,97 fps source to NTSC DVD and 25 fps source to PAL DVD. And in case of 23,976 fps sources… well, I guess you know which method gives the smoothest playback: speedup to PAL of pulldown to NTSC.
    If you feed AVStoDVD with a NTSC (PAL) DVD-compliant mpeg2 stream, and Video Standard is PAL (NTSC), then you will be asked to automatically change Video Standard according to source.
    I will think about extending this feature to "almost" DVD compliant input files (just looking at fps). It would be funny if a user add 2 titles, the first @ 25 fps and the latter @ 29.97 fps...

- possibility to change the bottom margin
    Already in the ToDo list (full customization of subtitles format). But not with top priority.

- support for .sub –format
    Do you mean VobSub format (idx/sub)? Good idea. BTW you can already use SubtitleCreator, that comes with AVStoDVD package, to convert the idx/sub to sup.

Thanks for the good inputs!

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC, I do not wish to hijack this thread and don't think I should start a new one, I have a small problem with a audio clip...the video is from a Hi 8 camcorder when I load the file in AVStoDVD and view it using the on board viewer, video is fine audio lags,..slow, very slow.

I have search this forum and could not find the answer to this problem,..need help.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  29. MrC, thanks again for your answer!

I think your idea is definitely better. Changing “Keep MPEG2 DVD Compliant Video” –option to something like “Keep DVD Compliant fps” would be wiser than adding an “Auto” –setting to “DVD Video Standard”.

And yes, I did mean VobSub format.
    Quote Quote  
  30. @helidriver

try to switch from 'A2DSource' to 'FFMpegSource' (from 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'AVS Source Filter'). Be patient because FFMpegSource needs to create the A/V index.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote