VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 137
FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 4096
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This line is incorrect:
    assumefps(TimeStretchPlugin(tempo = (100.0*25.0*1000.0)/24000.0))

It must be:
    assumefps(25)
    TimeStretchPlugin(tempo = (100.0*25.0*1000.0)/24000.0)

And if you come across a source video where the original frame rate was 25 fps, then there is really no need to use any of the TDecimate or FDecimate commands. The default
    Video = Video.SelectEven()

will work perfectly, and there is also no need for the speedup commands. So you can just use the AVStoDVD generated script without modification.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 26th Aug 2016 at 11:37.
    Quote Quote  
  2. @manolito

Thanks my friend, It looks like we have finally got a solution to this issue. It seems to be working well so I will stick to it.
    Thanks to yourself and davexnet for all your time effort and help with this.

jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Hi _MrC_,

I have resolved a problem of the moment -- for now -- but wanted to mention this for future reference.

Much earlier in this thread, you provided directions for using SubtitleCreator to manually load an SRT file and convert it to SUB format. At the time, this was necessitated by earlier versions of AVS sometimes not managing to process certain SRT sources, so that process had to be pursued manually, outside of AVS, and then it was possible to proceed with the freshly output SUB file -- as I recall. (Have improvements been made to AVS, such that situations requiring this outside procedure are far less likely to come up now ?) I probably saved this as a "How To" file, which I can't find again right now, though I probably have it somewhere. A quick keyword search at VH did not bring it up, either. In any case, there is a fair chance I could remember enough to stumble my way through this, if it came up again, reference file or no reference file.

Anyway, what I'm asking about now is actually for when you have to go in the opposite direction. I had a video that came with .SUB and .IDX. If I am making a disc, I would generally much rather be working with a good SRT file. Or quite often these would just play as is for the subtitles, on my WD streaming player. But occasionally that would not work, and I could not locate any .SRT version of the subs online. At first it looked to me as though SubtitleCreator (whose development halted some years ago ?) might have a tool for doing this. But, after fooling around with it for awhile, those hopes have dimmed. In another thread, I found a tip from Baldrick about SupRip, and I tried that. But it gives an error about not being able to load a binary format file. (?) So, I'm wondering if you have a tool or method to recommend for converting SUB/IDX to SRT ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Hi _MrC_,

I have resolved a problem of the moment -- for now -- but wanted to mention this for future reference.

Much earlier in this thread, you provided directions for using SubtitleCreator to manually load an SRT file and convert it to SUB format. At the time, this was necessitated by earlier versions of AVS sometimes not managing to process certain SRT sources, so that process had to be pursued manually, outside of AVS, and then it was possible to proceed with the freshly output SUB file -- as I recall. (Have improvements been made to AVS, such that situations requiring this outside procedure are far less likely to come up now ?) I probably saved this as a "How To" file, which I can't find again right now, though I probably have it somewhere. A quick keyword search at VH did not bring it up, either. In any case, there is a fair chance I could remember enough to stumble my way through this, if it came up again, reference file or no reference file.

Anyway, what I'm asking about now is actually for when you have to go in the opposite direction. I had a video that came with .SUB and .IDX. If I am making a disc, I would generally much rather be working with a good SRT file. Or quite often these would just play as is for the subtitles, on my WD streaming player. But occasionally that would not work, and I could not locate any .SRT version of the subs online. At first it looked to me as though SubtitleCreator (whose development halted some years ago ?) might have a tool for doing this. But, after fooling around with it for awhile, those hopes have dimmed. In another thread, I found a tip from Baldrick about SupRip, and I tried that. But it gives an error about not being able to load a binary format file. (?) So, I'm wondering if you have a tool or method to recommend for converting SUB/IDX to SRT ?

It appears that those subtitles are bitmap images, overlayed onto the output, so you have to OCR the subtitles to convert it back to text

I found a couple of guides that use different software but the same method, OCR the subtitle source and convert it back to text for editing or otherwise

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_subtitles_from_sub-idx_to_srt.cfm

http://www.guidingtech.com/57604/convert-idxsub-dvd-subtitle-srt/
    Quote Quote  
  5. @seeeker47

If you use Subtitle Edit to OCR IDX/VOBSUB I recommend you use Tools -> Fix common errors when the OCR is done.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    steptoe & videobruger,

I will try your suggestions. Thanks.

Here's something else, unrelated. I just ran into something I don't recall seeing before. It involves a source I acquired some years ago, but had not attempted to watch until now. I'm getting a "Wrong Region Code" error from both my Oppo 980 and 105 BR players. My assumption was that this source (details of which by now long forgotten) must have been some form of PAL, and that both players were Region Free. They also play PAL material, all the time. At least, that has been the case -- up until now. Can't recall another example I've run into like this. Right now, I'm transferring the files to my WD Player, in the hope that it will not care about this. Another possibility -- I suppose -- would be to try to play it desktop with VLC. (Not very keen on that option.) Is there some way to run this through AVS, and have it strip out any Region related issues ? What if I converted it to NTSC ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Install AnyDVD (or DVDFab Passkey) and just copy the original DVD to another one - if you have some dual layer blanks at hand. Or compress it to DVD5 size. Both AnyDVD as well as Passkey have trial versions available.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Install AnyDVD (or DVDFab Passkey) and just copy the original DVD to another one - if you have some dual layer blanks at hand. Or compress it to DVD5 size. Both AnyDVD as well as Passkey have trial versions available.

Cheers
    manolito
    Thanks for that, manolito.

The xfer to WD Player maneuver worked, as I thought it would, and I was able to play this last night. It has never failed in that due to regions. (But then, the Oppo DVD never halted on that before, as I'm sure it had the firmware hack, and the Oppo BR -- which I believe was chipped -- never did before either. Strange. And this can't be some recent development, since I've had that disc for years.

If that disc is determined to be a keeper, I'll have to do some sort of a conversion. I'm curious to find out if Passkey is still being developed. Pre RedFox versions of AnyDVD are a No-Go now, from what I've been hearing.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The latest DVDFab passkey is from sept 2016 (Vers 9)

But since

It involves a source I acquired some years ago
    you might be able to use DVD Decrypter to rip it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well here's something that looks like a bug. I added a couple of items to the project
    and noticed that if you make a slight change to the bitrate of one of them,
    it does not recalculate the other titles bitrate properly.

I tried this a few times, on some occasions the title that still has "auto bitrate calculation" on drops to 2500,
    other times it drops to a more reasonable number, but the output size on the main screen is wrong. (Too low)

I'm using 2.8.4 from April 20 2016
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Well here's something that looks like a bug. I added a couple of items to the project
    You are right, A2D DOES NOT recalculate the bitrates of the other titles after you changed it manually for one of the titles. And AFAIK it never did...

Just to make sure that I remembered this behavior correctly I went back to the three year old version 2.72 from October 2013. Basically the same behavior, the only difference was that the old version pushed the rate for the other titles up (instead of down) so the result would be oversized.

Bottom line: If you uncheck the automatic bitrate calculation for one title in your project, you also need to uncheck it for all the other titles. Then you can juggle the bitrates for all the titles of your project manually until the desired output size is reached.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    You are right, A2D DOES NOT recalculate the bitrates of the other titles after you changed it manually for one of the titles. And AFAIK it never did...

Just to make sure that I remembered this behavior correctly I went back to the three year old version 2.72 from October 2013. Basically the same behavior, the only difference was that the old version pushed the rate for the other titles up (instead of down) so the result would be oversized.

Bottom line: If you uncheck the automatic bitrate calculation for one title in your project, you also need to uncheck it for all the other titles. Then you can juggle the bitrates for all the titles of your project manually until the desired output size is reached.

Cheers
    manolito
    OK - I wonder if this was by design? I never noticed it before.
    Either way, it's not too big of a deal, and is accomplished easily enough.

Dave
    Quote Quote  
  13. Also just a note from working with a number of AVI downloads. I have found that more often than not using ffmpeg for all the encoding, seems to avoid many audio sync problems, and still gives a very clear fully functioning dvd when completed. Often times when audio is out of sync on testing the file before burning, it can be fixed by selecting a different set of video and audio encoding combinations, many times direct show for video and ffmpeg for audio works when other combinations dont work.

Again, really love your program compilation, it has made making DVD's very easy for me. Also found a note in several forums that suggests playing the iso file in VLC media player to check audio sync before wasting time burning unuseable DVDs. I have several of these, and found that they can still be played with PROPER audio sync if you open vlc player and adjust the enhancements to either hasten or delay the audio playback. I just then make a note on the dvd to make the appropriate adjustment in the player before viewing the dvd, saves having to just scrap them. So I note on it..hasten 3.2 sec then when it is played, viola, it is in sync.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by keyesdw View Post
    Again, really love your program compilation, it has made making DVD's very easy for me. Also found a note in several forums that suggests playing the iso file in VLC media player to check audio sync before wasting time burning unuseable DVDs. I have several of these, and found that they can still be played with PROPER audio sync if you open vlc player and adjust the enhancements to either hasten or delay the audio playback. I just then make a note on the dvd to make the appropriate adjustment in the player before viewing the dvd, saves having to just scrap them. So I note on it..hasten 3.2 sec then when it is played, viola, it is in sync.
    Wouldn't it be better to put a delay or acceleration factor into the A2D job processing, in order to achieve sync ? I thought there was a way to do that, which may have been discussed here. Perhaps involving AviSynth ? (Even if that was the case, it would likely exceed my level of facility with these things.)

In my usage, it is much more common to see a discontinuity between the timing of subs -- perhaps due to PAL vs. NTSC, or differing framerates, or different running times of existing sources -- than is it for me to run into a sound / dialog vs. picture mismatch.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The single most frequent cause of audio sync issues in AVStoDVD is when the Microsoft DirectShow filters are used. These M$ filters are total crap for the most part, the LAV Filters (or maybe ffdshow) are way better and should be used under AVStoDVD.

The problem is that simply installing LAVFilters or ffdshow will not have any effect under Win7 and higher. M$ in their eternal wisdom decided that users are too stupid and M$ should have the last word on the decision which DirectShow filters should be used.

You need to employ a workaround to use LAVFilters or ffdshow. You can do this directly in AVStoDVD under "Codecs -> Setup preferred DirectShow codecs". You need to run A2D as an admin to be able to change these settings. All filters should be changed from M$ to LAVFilters. If this does not work directly under A2D you need to download the Win7 DirectShow Filter Tweaker tool and change the preferred filter from there.

And of course another workaround is to not use DirectShow source filters at all and use FFmpegSource instead.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 15th Jun 2017 at 06:09. Reason: Correcting for AVStoDVD v 2.8.6
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The single most frequent cause of audio sync issues in AVStoDVD is when the Microsoft DirectShow filters are used. These M$ filters are total crap for the most part, the LAV Filters (or maybe ffdshow) are way better and should be used under AVStoDVD.

The problem is that simply installing LAVFilters or ffdshow will not have any effect under Win7 and higher. M$ in their eternal wisdom decided that users are too stupid and M$ should have the last word on the decision which DirectShow filters should be used.

You need to employ a workaround to use LAVFilters or ffdshow. You can do this directly in AVStoDVD under "Codecs -> Setup preferred DirectShow codecs". You need to run A2D as an admin to be able to change these settings. All filters should be changed from M$ to LAVFilters. If this does not work directly under A2D you need to download the Win7 DirectShow Filter Tweaker tool and change the preferred filter from there.

And of course another workaround is to not use DirectShow source filters at all and use FFmpegSource instead. Please note that AVStoDVD comes with the deprecated version 2.21 which has a lot of issues. Users should upgrade to the current stable version 2.22 which can be downloaded here:
    https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2/releases/download/2.22/ffms2-2.22-msvc.7z

Extract ffms2.dll and ffms2.lib from the x86 folder of the archive and put these files into the "AVStoDVD\Lib" folder replacing the existing files.

Cheers
    manolito

Thats exactly what I have to do when I install AVStoDVD and regardless of when I install LAVFilters the codecs refuses to change eve if I try to change it. Using the filtertweaker works everytime and I even found that the 64-bit codecs wasn't correctly set to LAVFilters either. It takes 2 minutes and no install is needed of the tweaking tool just double-click it and click the preferred decoders button when the tweakerstarts and change all the decoders to LAVFilters, then click the Apply & Close button then Exit. Thats it, you can double check in AVStoDVD but they should now all be set to LAVFilters. Maybe do a system restart just to make sure they are loaded correctly

Thanks for the update of ffms2, I've also just updated AVSMeter to the latest 2.4.0 release
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

And of course another workaround is to not use DirectShow source filters at all and use FFmpegSource instead. PLease note that AVStoDVD comes with the deprecated version 2.21 which has a lot of issues. Users should upgrade to the current stable version 2.22 which can be downloaded here:

Extract ffms2.dll and ffms2.lib from the x86 folder of the archive and put these files into the "AVStoDVD\Lib" folder replacing the existing files.

Cheers
    manolito

Hi manolito --

Thanks. I will probably need to revisit this on each rig that has A2D on it. Although I'm certain I had used the Filter Tweaker in every instance, it may be that one's settings for this do not stick. In looking at the recently installed 2.8.4 on this machine, I discovered that everything was set to use FFDshow. That would be despite previous user settings supposedly being preserved, as happens with most later version software installs when you are asked the question and specify that -- or sometimes as a matter of course. I also changed all audio codec checkboxes to LAV, and hope that this was the correct move.

There is something else I had meant to ask about. That issue discussed here a few times before, where you get a result of very accelerated ("Mickey Mouse at high speed") dialog, due to 6 audio channels getting crammed down into two. I think there was a checkbox setting to handle that, but has anything been changed in A2D to flag this situation or deal with it automatically, in case the user missed it ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    . . .
    And of course another workaround is to not use DirectShow source filters at all and use FFmpegSource instead. PLease note that AVStoDVD comes with the deprecated version 2.21 which has a lot of issues. Users should upgrade to the current stable version 2.22 which can be downloaded here:

manolito

I did this also, although the files in that archive show as being 3 years older -- despite the files being replaced said to be an older version ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All files from this ffms2 archive originate from Oct 12. 2015. And this is the latest official stable version. The ffms2 files which come with the latest A2D version 2.8.4 are from May 16. 2015.

For the Mickey Mouse audio after downmixing 6-ch audio to stereo I cannot reproduce this. The default behavior of A2D is to keep the number of channels of the source. If you specify 2-ch instead a downmix routine from the script "Downmix.avsi" is used. Never had problems with it. Could you upload a short source clip which causes this issue for you?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    All files from this ffms2 archive originate from Oct 12. 2015. And this is the latest official stable version. The ffms2 files which come with the latest A2D version 2.8.4 are from May 16. 2015.

For the Mickey Mouse audio after downmixing 6-ch audio to stereo I cannot reproduce this. The default behavior of A2D is to keep the number of channels of the source. If you specify 2-ch instead a downmix routine from the script "Downmix.avsi" is used. Never had problems with it. Could you upload a short source clip which causes this issue for you?

Cheers
    manolito

Thanks.

When it has happened it was rather disconcerting, but the last occurrence of this was some time ago, and I probably did not save anything from it. If / when I encounter this again, I certainly will take an extract clip and attach it or link it here.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there any support in avstodvd for hevc265 ?
    or how to enable it ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to author a DVD from a mkv file of a wedding - the person who filmed it is now deceased so I can't get much information. I managed to use DVDFlick that worked and my friend is happy with the results. However when I used AVStoDVD my preferred application I kept getting this message

Run-Time Error '35600': Index Out of Bounds

I got the same error when I used ConvertXtoDVD and DVDFab

Basically it gets to about 99.9% and then bombs out without producing the VIDEO_TS folder and files.

Just curious as to what caused this as it has happened a few times before.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  23. @netmask56

I would try to re-mux (or de-mux) the .mkv.

@thewizard

I've no problems using HEVC as source.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have no problem with 264
    I have problems with 265
    It usually just fails and aborts, can't do a preview at all
    VLC will play it but i can't convert to DVD with avstodvd
    Not a big issue, i don't run into these files very often
    My camera and capture devices do 264
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ netmask56

You need to post your AVStoDVD log file.
    What I find extremely weird is that you get the same error with ConvertXtoDVD and DVDFab. Basically this is a Visual Basic error. Do you have the latest VB runtime files installed?

@ theewizard

If HEVC (H.265) source files cannot be decoded by AVStoDVD then your source filter is to blame.

By default AVStoDVD uses DirectShowSource in combination with installed DS filters. Malke sure that LAV Filters are installed and that they are actually used. Your preferred DirectShow filters must be LAVFilters, not the Microsoft filters. See this post on how to change the preferred DS filters:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2460122&viewfull=1#post2460122

Or avoid DirectShow based source filters altogether and use FFMpegSource instead. Make sure to upgrade FFMpegSource to the current version 2.22 (also explained in the post I linked to).

Both LAV Filters and the current FFMpegSource have no problem decoding HEVC video sources. If you still are unsuccessful you need to upload a small sample file which AVStoDVD cannot handle.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 2nd Oct 2016 at 18:04.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I should have stated, I installed the filter tweaker tool, and set it to use Lav source
    When I checked two days ago, it was set for Lav
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @manolito "Do you have the latest VB runtime files installed?" Ah that may well be the problem will check. Many thanks..
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  28. Hi Manolito,

Is there any way to verify that the parameters I've activated in the ff_vbr.bat file were actually used?
    The log shows that ffmpeg cbr was used, but I selected it in the View/Edit Title tab as the only ffmpeg choice (ffmpeg (Safe Mode) disables Avisynth).

I would appreciate a short message on how to setup AVStoDVD to use your ffmpeg_vbr plugin.

Thank you

adam933
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @adam933

You are right, the AVStoDVD log file does not show the parameters which are used when the VBR plugin is active. I was too lazy to create a separate log file for the VBR plugin, so the way to check the parameters which are actually used is using a process explorer. I use PrcView 5.2.15.1 (it is more than 10 years old but small and reliable). Right-Click on "_ffmpeg.exe" and select "Startup Info".

I believe that in Win7 and above you can also see the startup parameters within the task manager.

The procedure to setup the VBR plugin is explained in the included PDF file:

Installation:
    1. In Explorer go to the "AVStoDVD\FFmpeg" folder and rename the original
    "ffmpeg.exe" to "_ffmpeg.exe". This name is hard coded into the script and
    cannot be changed.
    2. Extract all files from this archive into this folder, then rename "ffmpeg.exe.vbr" to
    "ffmpeg.exe".
    The plugin is only used if the selected encoder is FFmpeg, either in CBR mode or in Safe mode. The selection of the different encoding modes is automatic and depends on the video bitrate, but for some folks it may be easier to override the automatic selection by forcing one of the VBR modes (right at the top of the batch file).

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @theewizard

Could you post the AVStoDVD log file here and maybe also upload a short HEVC source file (to SendSpace or Wetransfer)?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote