VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 137
FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 4096
Thread
  1. @ davexnet
    IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    eventually it worked my friend, your method works and AVS2DVD had completed the conersion but more importanlty this time it has given me the custom output I wanted.

This is what I did in the order I did it.
    Opened AVS2DVD
    Went to options/preferences/video Tab and changed the following.
    - Unchecked "keep Mpeg2 compliant video" in the preferences
    - Changed "lower Avg bitrate" in the preferences from 2500 to 2300
    I already had my video encoder set to Hcenc VBR 1 Pass.

Then clicked Ok and from main window I selected:

- DVD SIZE/Custom and put in my value of 4300 and clicked ok.
    - Dvd Out Tab I selected Muxed Mpeg2 files.

I then added my 2 source files and selected yes when ask "did I want to index the file". After it was index and I had checked the option for the correct the audio track, I then started the conversion.

I think it took about 1H30Min or so to complete but the out combined MPG file size was 4.25GB which is a lot better than I was getting before, so No that It has given me the desired out I can do a comparison. Im not sure what made it follow the instructions this time but I have included my log if it helps.

Thanks
    jjcinema

-----------UPDATE---------------

@Manolito

Have i selected a wrong output? The reason I ask when I take my 2 Mpg files(combined size 4.25GB) from this conversion to dvd styler to add a menu dvd styler wont let me check the "do not remultiplex/transcode" option where in my other workflows my outputs from AVS2DVD when imported to dvd styler allow this.

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 31st Jul 2016 at 17:25.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The file should be DVD compliant. I'm not that familiar with DVDStyler; I have it installed but I've hardly used it.

I created a small MPG using the method above and added it to DVDStyler. It is accepted. Right clicking the title/properties shows both video and audio as "copy"

Perhaps you can show a screen print of this problem
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    The file should be DVD compliant. I'm not that familiar with DVDStyler; I have it installed but I've hardly used it.

I created a small MPG using the method above and added it to DVDStyler. It is accepted. Right clicking the title/properties shows both video and audio as "copy"

Perhaps you can show a screen print of this problem
    As you can see both the Video and Audio are set to copy but usually I check the "do not remultiplex/transcode" option as well but for these outputs from AVS2DVD that option is greyed out so I am presuming DVD styler will do another re-encode with its ffmpeg which is kind of taking a step back after using Hcenc in AS2DVD. All I want from DVD styler is to add my menu and not do a complete encode as I have done with my other outputs from AVS2DVD in the past with no issue as they always meet the customised output setting of 4300 so I knew they would always fit on a DVD via DVD styler without a re-encode. I am think maybe because we unchecked "keep mpeg2 compatibility" the out put is maybe not 100% DVD compatible and so DVD styler had to do a slight encode but thats just a thought.

-------------------------UPDATE--------------------------

I read in a thread on the DVD styler forum from Manolito basically saying that if that option is greyed out then you can force it by selecting "copy" under the audio and video options. In another thread the Author of DVD styler has stated that styler checks if the source MPEG file contains navigation packs and if not, it must be remultiplexed to add them. so I guess that DVD styler is just doing that in remultiplexing the mpgs from Avs2DVD and not actually doing another re-encode so in theory these files should not be touched quality ways by DVD styler, its just the DVD structure with menu built (or I think lol!)

anyway I selected "copy" in audio and video and it didn't take long for styler to built the DVD successfully so I guess this must be correct. The good news is that I can now take the ConvertXDVD finsihed DVD (ffmpeg VBR 1 pass Total play Time 3H45Min) and the AVS2DVD (Hcenc VBR 1 pass Total Play Time 3H45Min (with menu from DVD styler) and do the comparision tests on the PC with VLC player and then on the standalond DVD/BLuray Players on the LCD TVS. I will be asking others to take a look as well just to see what theor opinion is but from talk here I am expecting the HCenc conversions to be of better quality in some way or form to the ConvertXDVD FFMpeg ones. I will update wit the results later in week.

Thanks again to Manolito and davexnet for both your inputs.
    Great Work

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled 1.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	38010  

Last edited by jjcinema1; 31st Jul 2016 at 20:13.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you're welcome. How was the quality at such a low bitrate and avamat7?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    you're welcome. How was the quality at such a low bitrate and avamat7?
    Quality seems 100% and is very acceptable even in the darker scenes its still good.The only issue andnits kind of a big one is that the audio is way out of sync?? I have also deleted the source files but I will be doing another conversion with 2 other MPG files repacked from their original DVD so i will give your method another try and see how the audio turns out.

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What was out of sync? The new MPG from A2D, or the output from DVD Styler ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure as I went straight from AVS2DVD into DVD Styler and then deleted the outps and just keep the finish DVD STYLER Output, (I know dumb idea but I wasnt thinking at the time lol!).

I cant see it being DVD STYLER as it was set to "copy" both Video and Audio streams so it wouldnt of altered them so I would take a guess it was the AVS2DVD MPG outputs. I will test this in my next conversion though and check at each output stage.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jjcinema1 View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure as I went straight from AVS2DVD into DVD Styler and then deleted the outps and just keep the finish DVD STYLER Output, (I know dumb idea but I wasnt thinking at the time lol!).

I cant see it being DVD STYLER as it was set to "copy" both Video and Audio streams so it wouldnt of altered them so I would take a guess it was the AVS2DVD MPG outputs. I will test this in my next conversion though and check at each output stage.

Run AVStoDVD and check your default codecs from the menus under codecs/preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup

These should all be set to LAVFilter, but it happens where microsoft assumes its better than everybody else and either refuses to change it or changes it back at random. Audio out of sync is a good pointer to LAVFilters not being the defaults and AVStoDVD cannot change them. Not AVStoDVD but Microsoft not playing

If they are set to Microsoft codecs, download this little tool that will force change all the DirectShow filters to LAVFilter. I even found out that the 64-bit filtesr were still set to Microsoft, so it does work

http://www.free-codecs.com/download_soft.php?d=5434d9caba92500582324c2e096b640a&s=820&...tertweaker.htm

It runs from anywhere as it doesn't need installing, once its run click Preferred Decoders, then check your decoders are set to LAV Video

Run AVStoDVD again, and check your default codecs again, they now should all be set to LAV Filter if they were not

Try your project again, it fixed my out of sync when I knew it worked before, then I remembered something about the codecs which refused to change but with that little tool all my out of sync issues were fixed
    Quote Quote  
  9. They seem to be all set to LAV Filters , all but the very last AC3, ITS JUST SAYING "No Preferred Filter set". Now most of my Source files will have AC3 soundtracks as they are DVD Rips so would this be the cause of audio sync maybe? I have included a screen grab as well.

-------------------UPDATE--------------------------
    its ok fellas I retried the steps and all went well audio is all in sync.

Name:	codec list.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	38013  

Last edited by jjcinema1; 7th Aug 2016 at 22:52.
    Quote Quote  
  10. @ Manolito

I have some footage NTSC 720 X 480 23.976 FPS Progressive MKV that I want to convert to PAL DVD. Can I use the same Method I used for my 720p To Pal DVD Conversion to elimate any frame jitter? I take it that this will also make my output Interlaced so My TV/DVD player will do the Deinterlacing.

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Using this method for converting progressive 23.976 content to PAL would not make any sense. The effect would be the same as if you use DGPulldown.

Technical:
    The method you are referring to only makes sense for reducing the frame rate. If you reduce the frame rate by applying "ChangeFPS()" then whole frames will be dropped from the source. This causes ugly judder. Using the "interlaced" method will drop fields instead of frames. This spreads the drops more evenly, the visible judder will be much less annoying.

For upconversion of frame rates there already is a method called "Pulldown" which repeats fields as necessary to reach the desired output frame rate.

There are two methods for your frame rate conversion implemented in AVStoDVD. The default method uses DGPulldown. The resulting judder is very light, most folks will not notice it. And the audio can remain untouched with this method.

The other method is called "PAL Speedup". You can select it under "Preferences -> AviSynth". With this method video and audio are sped up slightly to go from 24 fps to 25 fps. All commercial DVDs use this method.

The slightly faster video will not be detected by anyone. In most cases the viewers will also not notice that the audio is a bit faster and the pitch is a little higher. This might be different for music DVDs.

AVStoDVD speeds up the audio in the conventional way, i.e. the pitch will be a bit higher. There is another way to convert the audio which does speed up audio but keeps the pitch at the original pitch. This mode is a little dangerous as it can introduce ugly artifacts depending on the audio characteristics. If you need to keep the original audio pitch you can do this in AVStoDVD by editing the AviSynth script and using the "TimeStretch()" parameter.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  12. @manolito

Thanks for the wealth of information. I understand the Interlaced method more clearly now and the way it drops fields rather than whole frames. I can also see how this method would be pointless in going from NTSC progressive 23.976 content to PAL.

Out of the methods you have explained I think I will give the "PAL Speedup" Method a try as if no ones really notices the video or audio speed up a little I think that may be the best one for me to try especially if commercial DVDS use this method it must be reliable enough for this type of conversion.

Just to confirm I am doing this method correctly I just open AVS2DVD Under "Preferences -> AviSynth" I tick the "PAL Speedup" box and then just add my source file and so a conversion as normal?

I will try this out tonight and see what the results are like.

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just to confirm I am doing this method correctly I just open AVS2DVD Under "Preferences -> AviSynth" I tick the "PAL Speedup" box and then just add my source file and so a conversion as normal?
    Absolutely....

If you want to experiment using the TimeStretch command let me know...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  14. @manolito

Thanks its works great. I dont notice the speed up or the audio pitch change at all.

The only thing is I had to use FFMPEG 1pass as when I used Hcenc 1PASS I find my audio is always out of sync I checked all my "preferred direct show codecs" and all where set to LAV FILTERS but the very last one "AC3" It was Microsoft so I changed it to LAV not sure if this made a difference as I then tryed FFMPEG 1PASS and all seems to be in sync. So Not 100% sure if its the HCenc side of things or that LAV settings.

I have made my DVD up from 2 source titles. AVS2DVD seems to compress both to the DVD4.7GB without any issues at all. one is the NTSC Footage @ 23.976FPS Progressive and the other was already a MPG PAL file at 25FPS Interlaced. AVS2DVD sees to have converted both very well by using the PAL Speed up for the NTSC source and as the PAL Source was already PAL Compatible the PAL Speed up seems to have not altered this file which I am very happy about I it only changed the source that needed it. I ticked PAL SPEED UP in the preferences then added my source files and then selected DVD Structure output and in each titles I changed the Video properties to Video Encoder FFMPEG 1PASS.

I also checked Interlacing and Top Field First for both as I rember you saying most commercial dvds are interlaced for pal so I guess this can't do any harm can it?

also I was wanting to experiment with your plugin for FFMPEG 2PASS to see if it helps quality over the 1pass as If it is the HCenc that is causing my sync issues I will have to just stay with FFMPEG in my conversions with AVS2DVD.

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you got the conversion using PAL speedup working...

For HCenc 1-pass VBR causing audio sync issues while FFmpeg 1-pass CBR does not I only have one explanation: Seek errors during the first analyzing pass. You can only overcome this by either using 2-pass VBR or by using a source filter which indexes the source. This would be DGIndex for MPEG2 sources or FFmpegSource (ffms2) which should work for any source. Try to change the source filter for video and audio (under "Preferences -> AviSynth") from A2DSource to FFmpegSource and see what happens.

It is true that most commercial PAL DVDs are flagged as interlaced, but this does not mean that the content is also interlaced. If the DVD was made from real optical film (as opposed to Video) then the content will mostly be progressive, and it makes a lot of sense to encode such sources as progressive. (Main reason is that MPEG2 encoders are more effective in progressive mode, i.e. they deliver higher quality at the same bitrate.)

Unfortanately the only way to find out for sure if the content is interlaced or progressive is visual inspection. Load the source into a software player which does not try to deinterlace (I use VirtualDub) and step through scenes with horizontal movement. If there are no combing artifacts then the source is progressive and should be encoded as progressive. In AVStoDVD you would have to change the title properties from interlaced to progressive. (Title -> Edit Source Title Info -> Video Scan Type)

If you really cannot get HCenc to work without sync problems then I would recommend to use my FFmpeg VBR plugin. The AVStoDVD built-in mode for FFmpeg is CBR without B-Frames which only gives you good quality at very high bitrates. My personal threshold is about 7000 kbps. For lower bitrates you should use one of the VBR modes. Make sure to get the current version of the plugin from this post:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread?p=2451888&viewfull=1#post2451888

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 9th Aug 2016 at 17:52.
    Quote Quote  
  16. @manolito

I tried changing the source filter for video and audio (under "Preferences -> AviSynth") from A2DSource to FFmpegSource for the Hcenc conversion and it made no difference I'm still getting audio sync issues.

Because of this I decided to switch to FFMPEG and use your Plugin to try a 1pass VBR Instead of the default 1Pass CBR. I tried a 2 pass but it took over 2 hours to complete so I am not sure if I set the values correctly in your .BAT file. I Have included screen grabs for what I think is a 1pass VBR setting but Im not sure what to do about the second screen grab as its related to setting the Matrix and the use of Mplex. Basically I will be putting 2 movies on one DVD and want to use the best FFMPEG setting via your plugin. Now I know that the 2pass will be better but I want to see the Speed vs Quality differnerance between the two before I settle on one. Can you point me in the right direction with the .BAT file settings? I would be much appreciative.

Also on my test the audio was insync 100% so Im not really sure why Hcenc makes its go out of sync but The FFMPEG and your plugin seem to be working fine where that issue was concerned. Im I right is saying that if I set

SET Force 1-pass VBR=1
    SET Force 2-pass VBR=0

this will force a 1PASS VBR which should be better than the default 1PASS CBR? Also if the force option is set here does it matter about the values of the "threshold" settings or are these ignored?

Thanks
    jjcinema

Name:	Image 1.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	38104  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 2.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	38105  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Getting audio sync errors only with HCenc but not with FFmpeg is really very strange. There were reports that on some Win10 machines users could not get HCenc working at all, but sync errors even when avoiding DirectShowSource - that's a first for me.

Whatever, you already figured out quite well how to use the FFmpeg VBR plugin. The first couple of lines in the batch file where you can force encoding modes and HQ modes independently from the video bitrate were added quite recently. The original concept was to switch between different modes automatically depending on the video bitrate (like AVStoDVD does it when "Smart Selection" is activated for the encoders). It turned out that many users were more comfortable with a way to force modes no matter what the bitrate is.

1-pass VBR and 2-pass VBR settings are parsed from top to bottom, so if the 1-pass VBR value is not "0" then 1-pass VBR is forced, the value for 2-pass VBR is ignored. And yes, when you force one of the VBR modes, all threshold based encoding mode decisions are disabled.

And yes, 1-pass VBR is far superior over CBR (at least over the AVStoDVD default CBR mode). The default CBR mode does not even use any B-Frames (Bidirectionally Predicted Frames) which makes it quite inefficient. I only use the default CBR mode for bitrates above 7000 kbps.

Custom Quant Matrices are still selected automatically based on bitrate thresholds. For a basic understanding how Custom Quant Matrices work you need to spend some time gathering information on the Web. The matrices which come with the plugin do cover most needs. The Fox matrix preserves all details and is meant for higher bitrates, MPEG Adapted is the standard DVD matrix introduced by CCE, the two manono matrices are meant for medium or low bitrates. Lots of room to experiment...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  18. @manolito

Thanks for the info my friend. You have did a great job with the FFmpeg VBR plugin.
    So the AVStoDVD default CBR mode does not even use any B-Frames so does both 1PASS VBR AND 2PASS VBR via your plugin do a better job by using B-Frames ect?

Im I doing it correct if I want a 1 PASS VBR I set to this:
    SET Force 1-pass VBR=1
    SET Force 2-pass VBR=0

and if I want to switch to 2pass Vbr I use this
    SET Force 1-pass VBR=0
    SET Force 2-pass VBR=1

also would Mplex be better to use to lower the chance of any audio sync issues appearing and if I want to use Mplex do I just add 1 so it looks like this:
    SET UseMplex=1

one more thing I am slightly confused how to use the different matrix's to what do you mean by "To use the ffmpeg built-in MPEG Standard Matrix select the "Matrix_xxx=" entry" and in the following code for say the Medium Matrix do I change the "SET Matrix_Medium=MPEG Adapted" value to something like SET Matrix_Medium=Manono1 or do I delete the REM part or just add one of the Values (Fox New, Mpeg adopted, Manono1, Manono2)
    to the line REM SET Matrix_Medium= so it becomes REM SET Matrix_Medium=Manono1?

This part of the codes Im not sure where to edit the values:

REM Select Matrix for Medium Bitrate:
    REM ---------------------------------

REM SET Matrix_Medium=Fox New
    SET Matrix_Medium=MPEG Adapted
    REM SET Matrix_Medium=Manono1
    REM SET Matrix_Medium=Manono2
    REM SET Matrix_Medium=

Can I set the Plug in to a 1passVBR using Mplex and let it automatically select the most appropriate Custom Quant Matrices based on the default values you have already set?

Sorry for sounding stupid Manolito but I am learning bits as I go along so I appreciate your help and patience.

Many Thanks
    jjcinema
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 10th Aug 2016 at 20:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @manolito

Thanks for the info my friend. You have did a great job with the FFmpeg VBR plugin.
    So the AVStoDVD default CBR mode does not even use any B-Frames so does both 1PASS VBR AND 2PASS VBR via your plugin do a better job by using B-Frames ect?
    YES, absolutely.

Im I doing it correct if I want a 1 PASS VBR I set to this:
    SET Force 1-pass VBR=1
    SET Force 2-pass VBR=0

and if I want to switch to 2pass Vbr I use this
    SET Force 1-pass VBR=0
    SET Force 2-pass VBR=1
    Yes for both. Remember that you can use values of 2 or 3 (only 2-pass) to add HQ parameters to these modes.

also would Mplex be better to use to lower the chance of any audio sync issues appearing and if I want to use Mplex do I just add 1 so it looks like this:
    SET UseMplex=1
    Personally I prefer Mplex over FFmpeg for muxing, but I might be biased...

one more thing I am slightly confused how to use the different matrix's to what do you mean by "To use the ffmpeg built-in MPEG Standard Matrix select the "Matrix_xxx=" entry" and in the following code for say the Medium Matrix do I change the "SET Matrix_Medium=MPEG Adapted" value to something like SET Matrix_Medium=Manono1 or do I delete the REM part or just add one of the Values (Fox New, Mpeg adopted, Manono1, Manono2)
    to the line REM SET Matrix_Medium= so it becomes REM SET Matrix_Medium=Manono1?
    This is just basic batch file syntax. For the 4 matrices which come with the plugin, you just have to remove or add the "REM" at the beginning of the line. No need to type a matrix name manually. (REM stands for "Reminder", it disables the rest of the line which follows the REM statement)

If you do not want to use a custom matrix, but use the FFmpeg built-in matrix instead, enable the "SET Matrix_xxx=" command. The "SET var=" command removes the variable "var" completely, it becomes undefined. I added this command just for better readability, the effect is the same as if the command was not there at all.

So basically all you have to do is define one (only one!) matrix for each bitrate by removing the REM statement for the matrix you want and adding the REM for the matrices you do not want to use.

Can I set the Plug in to a 1passVBR using Mplex and let it automatically select the most appropriate Custom Quant Matrices based on the default values you have already set?
    Yes of course. The default values for matrix selection are:
    Fox New for bitrates above 7000 kbps
    MPEG Adapted for bitrates between 3500 and 7000 kbps
    Manono1 for bitrates below 3500 kbps

This is quite conservative and should give you good results in most cases. Personally I only use the Fox New and the Manono1 matrices, the threshold to switch between them is at 5500 kbps. Just a matter of personal taste...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  20. @manolito

Thank you very much for all the info. The more I look at your plugin the more I am learning and appreciate the time and effect it took to create it. Just to conforim if I want to force Mplex I use this:
    SET UseMplex=1

also is there much difference between 1PASS VBR 1=ON Normal Quality and 2=ON Regular HQ?
    Thanks
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, this is the correct setting to use Mplex instead of FFmpeg for multiplexing.

For the quality difference between normal quality and regular HQ quality you should test this for yourself. One thing is for sure: HQ will slow down the encode.

For the regular HQ mode the plugin uses the FFmpeg HQ parameters specified under "Preferences -> Video". By default these parameters are:
    -bf 2 -mbd rd -cmp 2 -subcmp 2

-bf2 sets the max number of consecutive B-Frames to 2. This is kind of standard for MPEG2 encoding.
    -mdb rd sets the MacroBlock Decision to "Rate Distortion",
    -cmp 2 and -subcmp 2 set the motion search comparison and subpixel motion search comparison to Rate Distortion.

For high bitrates you might not see much difference, but for demanding sources and medium or low bitrates the quality will improve.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  22. @Manolito

Thank you my friend I have managed to do the conversion with the sue of your plugin and your help. I tryed a 1PASSVBR on Number 1 (Normal Quality) and a 1PASS VBR on Number 2 (Regular HQ) both with MPLEX and they came out brilliantly. I think the HQ came out a little better but to be honest you cant see much between them and for the time it took as you predicted the HQ took a a bit longer but the Normal quality is very very acceptable.

I also left all Matrixes at defaults and then used DVDStyler to build me menus without re-encoding the AVS2DVD Out puts. I will be using your plugin from now on as it seems to work for me great and does what I need for my workflows.
    Many thanks for your support.

jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
  23. I'm sure I'm showing my ignorance here, but once you have set-up your .bat file, do you actually run it?
    Or does AVS2DVD take care of parsing the .bat file itself?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD does not expose the paths and names of external tools like ffmpeg, neither in the Registry nor in INI files. Makes it impossible to tell AVStoDVD to call a different program instead of the default one. So anyone who wants to enhance or replace the functionality of external tools has to use some kind of hacking.

The VBR plugin does it like this:
    The original "ffmpeg.exe" file needs to be renamed to "_ffmpeg.exe" (could be any name, it's just how my plugin does it). Then I made a fake executable named "ffmpeg.exe" which is called by AVStoDVD. This fake executable only collects the command line parameters which are issued by AVStoDVD and then runs the "ff_vbr.bat" file with these parameters. This batch file then changes or replaces the parameters as needed, as the final step it calls the original (now renamed) FFmpeg executable using the modified parameters.

The technique is very similar to the old "Interrupt Hooking" which I learned in DOS programming (anyone remembers Turbo Pascal?).

So after setting up the VBR plugin (the PDF manual explains it precisely) everything is fully transparent for the user. No need to run a batch file manually...

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 15th Aug 2016 at 10:04.
    Quote Quote  
  25. @manolito

I have been running your plugin with my HD progressive to Interlaced PAL workflow using the settings and code we talked about and its performing fantastic. Im getting very very good results and most importantly no audio sync issues like I was having with Hcenc. Great work my friend.

jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
  26. Thank you Manolito.
    A very complete answer (we would expect nothing else).
    Quote Quote  
  27. @Manolito
    sorry I spoke too soon. did three conversions all came out fine but the latest on has the audio sync issues. All my HD recordings has the same specs so not sure why this one was different. I have included my log file and screen grabs of my settings I use plus the settings I use in your VBR Bat file ( I had to zip it to get it to upload).

Love the programme but this audio sync issue Im getting is a real pain.

would it be because my audio encoder in preferences is set to "wavi+avin"? if I changed i tto FFMPEG (safemode) or one of the other would this make a difference, Im not sure what each of these settings do as I also use the default.

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	38195

any help is welcomed.
    Thanks
    jjcinema

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	152.2 KB
ID:	38189  

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	38190  

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	38191  

Image Attached Files
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 16th Aug 2016 at 19:57.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I went over your logs, checked your settings, and I did not find anything suspicious. The VBR plugin cannot have anything to do with audio sync, using Wavi+Aften for audio processing is also reliable. I cannot believe that changing the method to something else like FFmpeg Safe Mode would make any difference.

I still have the suspicion that your source files are the problem. Are you absolutely sure they have no sync problem? I remember you mentioned a while ago that your TV recorder splits up the video into separate files, and after the segments were merged together again you had sync problems after the merging point.

Only two things you could try come to my mind right now:
    1. Change your source filters from A2DSource to FFmpegSource for both audio and video (but I think you already tried that in the past).
    2. Remux your MP4 source file to MKV using MKVToolNix and use the MKV as your source.

If these things make no difference then I am out of ideas...
    Can you cut out and upload a segment from your source file which has these sync issues?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  29. @manolito

Thanks for responding quickly. Yes it was splitting the files at the start but now my recorder since I am using NTFS in stead of FAT32 format on my HDD its not splitting the files any more, so my recordings are 1 complete file and are 100% in sync as I have watched them over a few times and there is no issues.

The issues of audio sync happen when AVS2DVD converts the file and Im cannot figure out what is causing it.

"Only two things you could try come to my mind right now:
    1. Change your source filters from A2DSource to FFmpegSource for both audio and video (but I think you already tried that in the past)."

I did try this whem I was using the HCENC encoder but have not tried this with your plugin so if I use FFMPEGSOURCE do you think this would solve this? also will I do this for both Video and Audio as I have always left any Audio settings on AVS2DVD default.?

"2. Remux your MP4 source file to MKV using MKVToolNix and use the MKV as your source."

if I cant get this fixed I might have to give this step a try but surely AVS2DVD should be able to keep my audio in syn.

"If these things make no difference then I am out of ideas...
    Can you cut out and upload a segment from your source file which has these sync issues?"

yes I have cut the same scene (apx18 seconds) from the the original HD Source file and then from the Converted ACS2DVD file for you so hopefully it helps.

jjcinema

-------Edit-------
    New post with better clips
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 18th Aug 2016 at 19:40.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unable to tell what the problem is with the synch, really need to evaluate the whole encode. Was it in synch to begin with and then drift out?
    Was the whole thing out, etc,etc.

Secondly, the problem with the interlaced mode is that the source contains 24 unique fields in 50. I don't think the script as-is handles it
    accurately . Whether this is something to with the synch problem, I don't know
    Quote Quote