VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 137
FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 4096
Thread
  1. I don't see a way to change the settings. I've searched the program all over I don't see an option
    Quote Quote  
  2. Now with the latest version I got I don't see the encoder option
    Quote Quote  
  3. Then you don't have DVDStyler 3.0 RC2
    Quote Quote  
  4. Would it be safe to convert the file to
    DVD files in freemake and then import it into dvdstyler and then burn using imgburn?
    Quote Quote  
  5. What's the best settings for dvdstyler encoder? Do I check hq or xhq?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    HQ stands for "High Quality", XHQ means "Extremely High Quality". Which one sounds better to you?
    Quote Quote  
  7. So your saying ffmpeg 2pass xhq?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, but for very high bitrates I doubt that you will be able to see a difference between HQ and XHQ.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Again an updated version of my A2D plugins:

Only the FFmpeg VBR plugin has changed this time. It fixes an undersize tendency for 1-pass VBR, and it now has an option to use Mplex instead of FFmpeg for multiplexing.

Background:
    I have never been too happy with FFmpeg's muxing capabilities. But now I also get audio sync problems in some situations. FFmpeg always muxes the audio tracks into the MPG file with a -40ms delay. The MPG itself plays fine, even after repacking it into an MKV container there are no sync problems.

But after transcoding such a file to AVC/AAC (I use StaxRip for this) I do get an audio sync problem. MediaInfo reports this -40ms delay, and StaxRip feels that it must correct the delay. If you override the delay correction manually, everything is cool again.

Instead of digging deeper into this FFmpeg peculiarity, I decided to ditch FFmpeg for muxing altogether. Mplex IMO is more reliable anyways (of course it can't touch MuxMan), and it does not add an audio delay.

I included an older version which still works under WinXP using a non-SSE2 CPU. You can of course replace it with a more current version if your CPU supports it (DVDStyler comes with a much newer version).

Download link:
    http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/3F9AcVNv/file.html

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 15th Aug 2016 at 18:11. Reason: Several improvements, please redownload
    Quote Quote  
  10. @ manolito

I have been using AVS2DVD since our last chat for my framerate issue and its been great following your advice, I just was browsing the forum heer and see that you have updated your plugin, I am using AVS2DVD 2.8.3. Can you tell me how to install your latest plugin?

I download and unzipped your files from you link Manolito. I get ffmpeg_vbr.zip, HCenc_Mod_Zip and Wavi_Mod.zip.

I think when I am doing my workflow with av2dvd I am using the HCenc BVR 1-pass encoder in the Video preferences, have you done a plugin Mod of this yourself? I know that you said about using mplex istead of ffmpeg so is this included in your zip files as well?

Thank

(jjcinema)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi jjcinema,

the download contains all my stuff for AVStoDVD. The three plugins are not related to each other, I only have them in one package for easier handling.

Each plugin archive has a PDF manual in it, it tells you exactly how to install the plugin (it means extracting files to a specific folder, then doing some renaming).

The option to use mplex for muxing is part of the ffmpeg_VBR plugin. This does not mean that using mplex only works together with the FFmpeg encoder. You just need to install the ffmpeg_VBR plugin, but you can of course use HCenc.

The HCenc_Mod plugin makes it easier for users to add custom parameters to the HC.INI file. Normally A2D creates a new HC.INI file for each encode, and the only way for users to edit the INI file is to tick the "Edit Encoder Command Parameters at Runtime" option. With the plugin you can instead add pre-defined custom parameters to the end of the HC.INI without interrupting the conversion.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  12. @manolito

Thanks for the information there manolito. I have had a look at the plugins and they seem well put together. just a quick question , I use HCenc as its the default I think but would ffmpeg speed up the conversions times? what would be a good balance bettween video quality and speed? As Imk converting 720p footage to dvd pal Im just trying to make sure I have the best balance possible.

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For speed vs quality comparisons between HCenc and FFmpeg you will have to do your own tests with source material you know well.

FFmpeg can be anything between very fast and very slow depending on the parameters. In general I would say that HCenc delivers better quality than FFmpeg, but in 2-pass VBR mode using HQ parameters FFmpeg can be just as good (maybe even better) as HCenc.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  14. @ manolito

Thanks manolito I will do a few tests and see which works best for me.

Thanks again
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
  15. @ manolito

Just a few questions.
    I currently use the default HCenc encoder in 1 pass mode with eh "Best" Profile setting selected..
    What is the difference between the "Best" and the "Normal" profile settings within the encoder. I take it the"Fast" profile option would decline quality a lot but is there much between "Best" and "Normal" in terms of quality loss?

also you said before:

"Background:
    I have never been too happy with FFmpeg's muxing capabilities. But now I also get audio sync problems in some situations. FFmpeg always muxes the audio tracks into the MPG file with a -40ms delay. The MPG itself plays fine, even after repacking it into an MKV container there are no sync problems.

But after transcoding such a file to AVC/AAC (I use StaxRip for this) I do get an audio sync problem. MediaInfo reports this -40ms delay, and StaxRip feels that it must correct the delay. If you override the delay correction manually, everything is cool again.

Instead of digging deeper into this FFmpeg peculiarity, I decided to ditch FFmpeg for muxing altogether. Mplex IMO is more reliable anyways (of course it can't touch MuxMan), and it does not add an audio delay."

I don't fancy any audio sync issues as they are a real pain to be honest but with me using HCenc does this mean My output files are using Mplex to mux instead of FFMpeg so I should not have audio syn issue or at least minimise the chance of getting them?

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
  16. @monolito

I have noticed in a few of my last conversions on my 720p to dvd pal my dvds are playing sometimes a bit out of sync? If i press stop and then resume the dvd player it seems to play insync better.

Would this have anything to do with the interlaced code you give me to use and how my dvd player is handling it?

Another thing i wad thing if , should i change or alter the audio settings in AvsDvd as i just have them set to the default?

Thanks
    jjcinema

****UPDATE****

I have traced the audio syn back to the actual DVD player as I had progressive scan option turned on but with it turned off DVD plays normal. My Burned DVD disc also plays normal (audio in sync) on the pc and on another DVD player so I have come to the conclusion it was setting in my man DVD player causing this.

On a separate note I am notig a bit more blur with the interlacing m espexially in panning shots. Is there anyway I can maybe improve this? I was thinking using a different filter or maybe Putting 4 Tv series episodes on a dvd as a maxium instead of 5 as I was thinking if the bit rate was higher would it improve the blurry movements?

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 17th Jul 2016 at 22:19.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How long are these TV episodes
    A single layer DVD 4.x GB, is best at no more than 120 minutes give our take a few minutes
    Five 42 min episodes is way over the recommendation
    Quote Quote  
  18. Yeah i usually try to keep my dvd-r 4.7 at no more than 3.5 hours per disc. I am happy with the quality in the past but for this motion blur test I tried just one 42 min episode on one 4.7 dvd and am still getting the blur,it seems only when im converting my 720p to pal dvd.

jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
  19. ok I think I have solved this issue after many many tests. I just need to ask is it possible in avs2dvd to trim clips (example remove commercials ect) or will I have to use another software for this?

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
  20. is it possible in avs2dvd to trim clips
    Yes. Since AVStoDVD is AviSynth based untick "Auto AviSynth Script" and edit it to your needs like

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Script_examples
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Edit the video for commercials..... No
    You can use avidemux to edit
    Save the sections you want, then join them
    There are other editors which will let you cut multi sections at the same time, then save the complete video with out the commercials
    It your source is MPEG mp4 or TS , you can use video redo
    It is not free, but it is a good editor

Avisynth has cut and trim commands, but I've never tried to use them in avstodvd they are text based as it is a scripting program
    Quote Quote  
  22. I usually use avs2dvd with a customised dvd size. i then put my output files into dvd styler to make a menu and these never be reencoded as dvd styler allows me to check thr "do not rencode" option.

My problem is i have tried using video redo to remove the commercials from my output files from avs2dvd but after i use video redo , dvdstyler wont let me select the "do not rencode" option its forcing me to rencode the files.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you edit the commercials from the source file, before using avstodvd

Video redo will out put MPEG files which are compliant, but if you edit the vobs from avstodvd, the cell numbers change , no longer matching the info in the ifo and bup files , it is not the same DVD any more
    You need to export save as MPEG 2 , then import only the new MPEG files into DVD styler, it might work that way
    I think
    Video redo TV edition will author DVDs
    Last edited by theewizard; 19th Jul 2016 at 20:39.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Guys I have got it sorted out. I noticed though that when i convert my 720p 50fps source files to dvd pal using Manoltios script (he adviced this as ,my source footage was progressive and making it interlaced has seemed to fix the frame jerk in panning shots) I added 4 titles to custom DVD size of 4300 and everything came out fine only for my 4th title which was out of audio sync. I’m not sure what happened with this one?
    Quote Quote  
  25. I tried another this morning and i am still getting audio sync problem on my title 4. I even tried it on its own in AVS2DVD and still the same output. This source has the exact same properties as my others so in theory it should convert ok but I dont understand whats happening with it.
    Monolito mentioned before that ffmpeg muxing can cause sync errors, would it be this and is there a way I can use mplex instead? I have included the log file if it helps.
    Thanks
    jjcinema

-----------UPDATE--------------------

when i add my original file Im getting (0ms audio delay) I have converted it twice to test if its the encoder and with either ffmpeg or the hcenc it is still out f sync so I think its not this.

After my output is finished the audio is out of sync, so I started a new project and added my out of syn file and avs2dvd is reporting (-45ms audio delay) so Im not sure why its going out of syn in the first place. would changing any of the audio settings make any difference to this?

-----------UPDATE---------------
    Just an update here to those following this issue, I found out that my recorder was spliting my recordings into 2 files (fat32 4gb limit). For whatever reason when o joined these on avs2dvd into one title and then converted the first half was out of sync but the second have was in sync.
    I have reformatted my hard drive to Ntfs to remove the 4GB limit and now my recordings are coming out as one file as normal. Avs2dvd seems to be handling the files better this way as the audio is all in sync so far anyhow. I have a few more tests to try but this seems to have solved the issue.

Manolito I just want to say that your script for interlacing my footage is working 100% and is a great job, thank you once again for all your help and advice. Avs2dvd is a great little programe and in just starting to experiment with it more and more. Great forum for support as well.

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 22nd Jul 2016 at 08:59.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    I have an issue that might involve AVStoDVD that I'd like to throw out for comment. I'm converting a PAL DVD to NTSC. It has extensive subtitles that need to be saved in the conversion. I converted the DVD to MKV format and imported the MKV files into AVStoDVD. I specified NTSC output in VIDEO_TS format. That was burned to a DL DVD. All went well except that the subtitles are now at the very bottom of the video frame with some clipped off when played on a stand-alone DVD player (they normally appear about a third of the way up from the bottom of the frame). Playing the disc in MPC HC keeps the titles where they should be. An interesting problem that I thought might be due to the conversion within AVStoDVD and the fact that the subtitle frames aren't being changed in aspect ratio the same as the video frames.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I have some VHS captured content on MP4 files (h.264/AAC) which resolution are usually a little smaller than 720x480, because I cropped black bars when encoding in Handbrake. For instance, one of the files is 710x476. They are all interlaced content.

When I feed these files to AVStoDVD, it resizes them to 720x480, keeping aspect ratio and keeping it interlaced. I though that it would be a problem to resize 476 interlaced lines to 480, but I can't see any problems. So, what is the magic behind resizing interlaced content in AVStoDVD?

And in case there is something bad that I can't see. Is it possible to make AVStoDVD only add black bars and no resize?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    I remedied my problem (see #3027) by using DVDSubEdit to reposition the subtitles 90 pixels upwards. Playing a DVD with this modification looks fine, but curiously, when I play the file in MPC HC, the subtitles are in the same (proper position) as it showed them before. This still might be worth a look for the AVS2DVD developers but it probably would be rare for someone to convert a PAL feature with subtitles to NTSC. I noted in looking at video frames, the original PAL are anamorphic while the converted NTSC are not, if that's worth anything.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by RBTO View Post
    I noted in looking at video frames, the original PAL are anamorphic while the converted NTSC are not, if that's worth anything.
    It's not. By that definition, all DVDs are anamorphic. I think you mean in the PAL DVD, at 720x576 and unresized, the people look tall and thin while in the NTSC DVD, at 720x480 and unresized, the people look "normal". Except they don't. 720/480=1.5. "Normal" would be 1.33:1, like 640x480. The people you're seeing at 720x480 are actually somewhat squat and fat, before the resize.

Please correct me if I've not said what you meant. Anyway, none of this has anything to do with the subtitle problem you encountered.
    Quote Quote