VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi I'm a newbie,
    I purchased a Toshiba D-R400 DVD recorder about a month ago and was happily recording my favorite show off my direct tv DVR when last week I received an error "This program is not allowed to be recorded Message E-25" which is strange since until then I was able to record them. I called direct tv and they said it wasn't there error it had to be the Dvd recorder. Is this a settings issue? or a block on recording shows? If so can this be fixed? I Hope this question hasn't been asked before I truly searched all over this forum and couldn't find anyone who has had my problem.

Thanks
    Ani!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This post is not about DVD to DVDR. Moving you to DVD Recorders Forum.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to a manual for a different Toshiba model, the E-25 error code is a media compatibility issue.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, But it use to work and now doesn't it. I called Toshiba and they said try to unplug it. I 'm just ready to throw the thing out.

Thanks for your suggest.
    Ani!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried a different brand/type of media? Assuming the error code reference that I found above was correct, simply changing media should be an easy fix. It's also possible the laser is dirty or weakening with age and is having trouble identifying media.

Another option would be that you are trying to record a show from a channel such as HBO or pay per view that now utilize the copy protection flag on some of their content.

Have you tried recording a different show/channel?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've tried recording different channels....however just this weekend I've been able to record stuff. I know Direct tv just updated there software so I think that may have something to do with it. So for now I'm just recording everything off my DVR until I can't anymore LOL LOL . Thanks for all your advice. I hope I don't get the Error anytime soon .

Cheers!
    Ani!
    Quote Quote