VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am capturing using firewire and have tried different capture software (moviemaker, premiere pinnacle) and also tried to capture in my desktop pc. Every method I have tried still gives me choppy audio and video. I am wondering if it is a problem with the camera since it happens on two different pc's. Is there a setting I can adjust which may resolve this either on the camera, control panel or software? I need to be able to capture at highest quality by the way. One last note..The 2 dv tapes I am having this problem with so far are 6 years old, but kept in normal conditions. Could the age of these be an issue? I am going to try newer ones to compare, but still need to capture the old ones cleanly. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try WINDV.

And moving you to our dv forum section.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the tip and the link to windvd. I guess I'll have to get used to the simplicity and the limited time for each clip. I've come to the conclusion that my old (6 years) dv tapes have degraded. When I capture from a new dv, I have no problem, but the old ones (about 4 different tapes) all capture very choppy. Has anyone else had this experience? They are JVC DVM60 brand.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just thought of another reason I could be having this issue...Has anyone had a problem capturing dv tapes which were originally shot on a different cam? I am wondering if this would cause dropouts and choppy capture??
    Quote Quote