VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been trying to install the program "MAGIX movie edit pro 12," but each time it says that C:\AddOn\Content\Plug ins\3dSeries\Galery.s3d can not be opened. After that, it completely stops the installation. I used the trial version before, so I know it is compatible with my computer. Does anyone know a solution?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried changing the installation dir? From the error you posted above, it appears to be trying to install in the root of the C drive. Either that or it is creating and installing from temp folders and it is having read/write issues on your C drive. Does your C drive have enough free space?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's enough room on the C drive. I don't have a dvd drive, so I copied the files off the disk onto an ipod enabled for hard disk use, and tried installing it from there. Could that be the reason, and is there a way around it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try copying the files into a new folder on your HDD. Then install from there.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been trying to do that, but that works less. Instead of an error message, the start doesn't even work, it just plays the sound for errors, and doesn't even open installation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you trying to reinstall the trial version or do you have the actual program? Sometimes the trial version has a time limit, uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't reset the time limit as there are often keys left in the registry. Also, the fact that you have had the program installed before could be interferring with your current install. In which case you will likely need to do a little registry cleaning.

If it is a trial program, try downloading it again directly to your HDD, may it is corrupt. If you have an actual program CD, the install program should run directly from the CD. If it doesn't, then you could have a bad CD or your cdrom drive could be having read issues.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's the program itself, not the trial version, though I still have the trial version installed.
    The problem is, my computer is old, and doesn't have a dvd drive. But the program installs through a dvd. That's why I'm trying to install it through the files saved on an external device, because I can't figure out any other way to get it onto my computer. (Other than purchasing an external dvd drive, but they are typically expensive)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The best course of action would be to contact magix, especially if you have a licensed version. Most likely, there is copy protection on the disc which prevents you from just copying the files off. The installation program itself may also need to read the actual disc to verify it's original.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote