VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone, i have encountered a problem again to myself where when i freshly instaled a computer and then installed Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 i find out i cannot again import AVI files into my project.

the last time that this has happened to me was to do with the AC3 that was in within the AVI, thus after i installed AC3Filter, everything was solved. but then this time i installed the filter before Premiere and yet the problem begain again.

i installed the filter again afterwards just incase and still nothing wroks.

the AVI was ripped from a DVD recording from freeview at HQ which records at Dolby Digital (thus me having an AC3 stream). the AVI was made from a Lossless codec Lagarith.

i dont know how to bypass this problem this time and would need help to know what to do. i have searched Google and i cannot find the specific answer to this problem or question.

can someone help me on this? please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You haven't given us much to go on, and some of what you have doesn't make sense.

You can't rip an avi from a DVD, so I assume you ripped a DVD and converted it to avi, using Lagarith for compression. Do you have lagarith installed on this machine ?

What error messages do you get from Premiere ?

Can you play the video through virtualdub ?

Can you post a g-spot screenshot of the video in question ?
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote