VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Audio out of sink to video glitch then fine, not all players is audio out of sink though.

I think this should be in media since I think it's a disk error problem.

I made some backups of my Tremors movies, I own all 4. Anyway Tremors 2 I made several backup of, not exactly the same on the disks, but used the same DVD rip for each backup.

So this one disk has a problem that audio is out of sink the first few minutes, then there is a video glitch were the screen gets blocky for just a split second, then rest of movie audio is perfect in sink.
    The out of sink is like an old Godzilla movie or something, mouth moves and stops then we hear what they said.
    One guys mouth moves, then we hear what he said while the other guys mouth is moving. This is actually kinda funny to watch.
    The out of sink is from the start of the movie for only a few minutes. If you know the movie, it clears up right about the time Earl goes into his trailer when they are asking him to hunt graboids in Mexico. Rest of the movie after that is perfect.

Well I tried the disk in another player the other night, audio was in perfect sink watched it several times and never wrong. Still had the video blocky glitch in normal spot though.

Now I know this was not an error in the original rip cause I have the other backup I made at same time, it has no audio problem nor the video glitch. It always plays perfect.

So can anyone tell me, if the source was not out of sink, and the out of sink is only in one player not both, WHY?

I think the only difference in the backups is I cut the credits off the one to make it smaller and the other has the credits. Maybe the one with credits is compressed more also since I think I may have extras on that disk, but it's not the one with the problems. It is the movie only, with no credits, that has problems and would be the least compressed of the 2.

I find this odd, and certainly must be media related and perhaps player also.
    I think this was a TY disk.
    overloaded_ide

Spambot FOOD
    Anti-Spam
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, but did you mention the proggies used for your backups? Methods? burning SW?.....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the movies work in one player and have issues in a different player, then you are having media issues. The player with the playback issues doesn't like the brand/type of media that you are using. Try different media. For best results stick with name brand media. Verbatim and TY have the fewest issues and seem to be the most compatible.

Just an FYI and all that, it is SYNC (as in snychronised), not sink.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM

Just an FYI and all that, it is SYNC (as in snychronised), not sink.

Hey, maybe he had speakers installed to make doing dishes more fun....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL. Just trying to educate.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Most likely bad disks.

Sometimes I get that effect on my DVD player, but if I play it in my PC it's fine.
    The data is correct, but not readable in all players.

If I clone the DVD to a new disk, Taiyo Yuden, it plays fine.

Try a different brand of disk.
    Quote Quote