VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,
    I got quite a few video files (3072x1152) in quicktime (photo jpeg 100%) that need to be split into 6 files for six seamless displays (each 1024x576) and converted to wmv's for a Watchout-RIG.

I was thinking about cropping them in AFX and using Canopus ProCoder afterwards, but I am talking about almost 300 video files with different durations and so on and am now wondering if Canopus ProCoder V3 can do the splitting and conversion in one go (I think I read something like that in the past, but can't find it anymore ). Or is any other tool as CineCraft or MainConcept better/faster?

thanx heaps for ur help...as usual with these jobs it is urgent
    rodpacker
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want WMV then you are limited in what you can use. I don't know if ProCoder can split your video for you - it's certainly not something I have tried to do with it.

However if they are all the same resolution, it sounds like it would be easier to use avisynth scripts to split the videos, and let ProCoder encode from these.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wow, that was quick. thank you.

I haven't heard of avisynth before, and am gonna check it out now, but scripting doesn't sound that appealing to me regarding that it will have to be done very shortly. Is there another option or did I missunderstand the scripting?
    cheers
    Rodpacker
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hm just checked their page and it looks interesting, but I can't find any scripting references that could give me a clue of how to split up those files.
    Could anybody paste a piece of code, that might help me understand how to do this?
    very much appreciated
    rodpacker
    Quote Quote