VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello

I'm a professional 3D animator with a problem (well, many - but only one relevant here) .
    Recently, I got this new machine at work. Big time thing with 8800 GT X graphic card and all.
    Well, I used to view my animations in MediaPlayerClassic - witch i love. But on this new machine, first there was MP 11 which took over. When uninstalling, MP 9 took over. And since i couldn't make the classic MP my permanent viewer, I decided to try the VLC.
    But but but... Game animations is often very short in length and i need the VLC to making an .avi preview of them.

Thing is, I’ve made the player repeat/loop the .avi file, but it doesn’t do a good a very job of that. It sort of makes a pause/break between each end and start, making any animation looks jerky. That was defently MP Classics force to make smooth transitions.
    Looking through the preferences, I find nothing to indicate there’s a delay(setting)anywhere. And I find nothing on VLCs forum/FAQ. So question is, of cause, how to get rid of that?
    If you have a solution or your own settings that works – please let me know.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    None?

Did I make it clear what i meant? Should I rephrase? try again?

Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ask in the VLC Forum. But I would switch back to MPC, you must be able to make it the default player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lol and here I thought this WAS the VLC forum... My Bad.

But I've tried the MPC (Or Mplayer2 as the shortcut says)vs MP9 again... the 9 wins every time. Still, if someone has an answer to make MPC permanent, please let me know.

PS. What I do to try and make MPC default Player:

1. Open MP9 > Tools> Options > file type - Untick ALL > Apply> Okay
    2. Open MPC > View > options - Tick all the Avi, Mpg and wmv boxes > Apply> Okay
    3. Right click the file I want played > Open With >Choose Program > MPC (Tick : Always use this program)
    4. Double click the file I want played and... It opens in MP9

Do it all again with MPC first...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure your "work" computer doesn't have these settings locked in the registry to prevent modification?

Performing step 3 only should be enough to alter playback.

You have downloaded and installed MPC right? The standalone version is mplayerc.exe (which should be the same as mplayer2.exe, but who knows).
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Although the initial screens appear similar, mplayer2 and MPC (mplayerc.exe) are very much different programs. Mplayer2 is a Microsoft program which I think lives on mainly to help diagnose WMP problems. Its default location is in the WMP folder.
    Quote Quote