VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a direct tv dvr. And I might be switching to a different provider soon, is there any way to transfer what is on my dvr to a hard drive via the USB cable? Or am I SOL?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check out tivocommunity.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fredfillis
    that's funny, I dont remember saying I had a Tivo. I have a direct tv dvr
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well some of the DirecTV DVRs are Tivos so the response was appropriate as one possibilty.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Vityaz
    Did you go there and read anything.

Fredfillis ... OUT
    Quote Quote  
  6. Fred, the Dishplayer_Explorer group is only for Dishnetwork DVRs.

Vityaz, True you could have a HR20 or a R15 or even older a Ultimate TV from Microsoft.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone figure out how to do this? I can transfer video from my Direct TV DVR using a Pinnacle video capture device and a USB or a Firewire but I cannot get video. Anyone have any suggestions??? Please???
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Vityaz
    Did you go there and read anything.

Fredfillis ... OUT
    Most people would have a problem reading if it was more than 5 lines - explicit how-to.

If it's a forum, and it's gonna' take 3-5 hours of reading, with no promise/link of an answer, what would you expect?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    cwb - Your comments are true enough, but this thread last had a post in it about 19 months ago. Your comments added nothing to the thread. Please refrain the future from digging up old threads (it's known as "grave robbing") unless the information you have answers a question that has yet to be answered or provides an update that is appropriate to the original thread. Your post doesn't do either.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jman98
    cwb - Your comments are true enough, but this thread last had a post in it about 19 months ago. Your comments added nothing to the thread. Please refrain the future from digging up old threads (it's known as "grave robbing") unless the information you have answers a question that has yet to be answered or provides an update that is appropriate to the original thread. Your post doesn't do either.
    Uh... yeah.

As far as I can see (after about 1:15 minutes of reading on the referred forum), my post offered more than the reply-er who asked if the OP had read that forum.

Now if someone here knows on that forum where the desired info is, I need it.

I suppose I should have made THAT clear as well, that the info still needed...
    Quote Quote