VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi is anybody out there that can help. I have recently installed (and uninstalled) every version of ImTOO products and have the same problem with all of them. As soon as I click on them to run, my computer completely freezes and I have to re-boot.
    It is the dvd creator i want but thought i would download the other trial versions to see if i had the same result which i did. I have no problems at all with any of the other programmes i use e.g. cucusoft avi-dvd and dvd santa. I would appreciate any advice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stop using poor quality product ? If you had listed WinAVI I would have said your collection of completely useless video product was complete.

Honestly, none of the programs you have listed would I class as particularly good or well written. If it is only ImToo product, and any ImToo product, then the first port of call should be ImToo support.

You might also check your event logs to see if anything was written before the freeze. That might point you in a direction.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply. I have tried to contracted ImTOO but have had no reply.I have no problems with the programmes I use but i have been trying to get the easiest programme possible for a friend who finds the programmes i stated too difficult. He has just started to download, convert and burn. Can you tell me what is the easiest programme for a beginner. He has windows vista which complicates it more. I havnt tried ImTOO on his comp.
    Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ConvertXtoDVD is very simple, more reliable than DVD Santa et al, converts most formats and produces pretty good quality. It is not free however.

FAVC and DVD Flick are both free, are as good or better than ConvertXtoDVD for quality, also convert most formats, and are easy to use. They are also both free. They are slower than ConvertXtoDVD - FAVC is about half the speed when using HCEnc - but that is the price you pay for a higher quality output.

I use all three of these without issue under XP, but they should all work equally as well under Vista.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again for your reply. I have just been reading about ConvertXtoDVD in the forum and it looks like a good programme. I will also give the other 2 try. I'll Give ImTOO a miss.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you tell me if ConvertXtoDVD burns aswell as I was looking for a complete package. If not can you recommend the best programme for burning.
    Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It does. It uses a cut down version of VSO Software's CopytoDVD, so you can just leave a disc in, and pick it up once the conversion is finished.

FAVC will use Imgburn if it is installed.

My preference, fwiw, is to use imgburn regardless. It is just a better burner.

However if your friend is a technophobe, ConvertXtoDVD will burn well enough.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great thanks!
    Quote Quote