VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I need to convert the DVD movie from the PAL into NTSC color system. What ripper software do you recommend?
    Quote Quote  
  2. as many on here will echo-why do you need to do this?
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's not the ripping software that converts it from PAL to NTSC (or NTSC to PAL), it's a long and complicated conversion process that does that.

Ripping can remove the Region Code. For that try DVDFab HD Decrypter.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment."
    Zefram Cochrane
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The process for converting a full DVD, with menus etc intact, is complex, You have to

1. Rip the disc as PAL to your HDD
    2. Demux all the audio and video elements, menu stills, subpictures, subtitles etc.
    3. Convert each element, including re-encoding, fixing timings, converting image resolutions etc
    4. Reassemble all the pieces back into the original structure and create new IFO files to reflect the changes.

If you do any of these steps badly, you screw the whole project.

Regardless of what some may try to tell you, there is no simple way to do this and produce a quality outcome. If you want it done right, it will be time consuming.

It is much simpler and cheaper (unless you normally get paid $300/hour) to just buy a multi-format player.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coody
    I need to convert the DVD movie from the PAL into NTSC color system. What ripper software do you recommend?
    There is no such thing....
    when you rip a dvd it is basically a bit for bit copy... if you want to convert a PAL format video to NTSC, you must demux the video & audio then convert the video & use DGPulldown to change the framerate, well, not actually but.... i'm not going to go into detail but start here....

The search function is our friend!!!!!!

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic300144.html?highlight=pal%20ntsc
    Quote Quote