VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search PM
    Released a new front end gui suite that takes avi and avs files and extracts the audio as uncompressed wav, Resamples to 48000 Hz normalizes audio and adds dithers with ssrc, and encodes to 2 or 5.1 channel ac3 with Aften.

Requires Avisynth to be installed on your machine.

Download at http://sourceforge.net/projects/avitoac3/

Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think the tool should also allow you to select a single file for processing.

the batching is pretty crude.
    selecting extract wav from avi will also extract from any pre-existing avs scripts you have in the folder.
    essentially you have to make a working folder and move only your selected work in there.

I like "star your batch"
    don't know if you plan to keep it.

gl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    STAR(?) YOUR BATCH

And could you give an example of a batch file as produced by this?

I've just been converting some AVS, using VDUB to create a WAVE (had several trims, so couldn't just use the AVI), then I have a little batch that converts WAVE to AC3 using ffmpeg. (I just cribbed the command line from ffmpeggui and generalised it.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by 45tripp and AlanHK
    STAR(?) YOUR BATCH
    That's why my wife has to help our kids with their grammar homework!

Originally Posted by 45tripp
    I made this predominatly for batch processing. If you want a single file processed the best way would be to place it in a folder by itself (like you already suggested). edit- Single file processing added as of v.1.0.4.6

the batching is pretty crude.
    selecting extract wav from avi will also extract from any pre-existing avs scripts you have in the folder.
    Yeah I know...but they do work. I've seen some others on this forum that have come up with some amazing scripts.....

I think I will take the extract to wav to just one button. The program that does the wav extracting works best with avs files. Hence the reason I have "Extract avi"...it just adds a line to create a very simple avs for each avi file with just the avisource line. Which is also why it process existing avs files.

essentially you have to make a working folder and move only your selected work in there.
    Yep that is exactly what I do.

Originally Posted by AlanHK
    And could you give an example of a batch file as produced by this?
    Sure thing!

Code:
    for %%x in ("*.avi") do echo Avisource("%%x") >>"%%x.avs"
    for %%a in ("*.avs") do "c:\program files\avi to ac3\wavi.exe" "%%a" "%%a.wav"
    for %%a in ("*.wav") do "c:\program files\avi to ac3\ssrc.exe" --rate 48000 --normalize --twopass --dither 0 "%%a" "48k_%%a"
    for %%a in ("*.wav") do "c:\program files\avi to ac3\aften.exe" "%%a" -acmod 2 -readtoeof 1 -b 224 "F:\my hcguide\ac3\%%a.ac3"
    del *.wav
    Exit
    the first line creates simple one line avs files for avi files. Wavi extracts the wav from the avs. Process through ssrc if needed. Encode to 2 channel ac3 with aften.

Later today I am releasing an updated version that can encode 5.1 ac3 from a 5.1 source and also upmix a 2.0 source to pseudo 5.1ac3 (I was inspired by soopafresh's upmix's although I went about it a different way using sox, soxmix ).

I will also upload a small guide.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Uploaded a new comprehensive userguide.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic341323.html#1780827
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    New in version 1.0.3.5

Removed one extract wav button. Now one button serves both functions.

Added Upmix function taking 2 channel input and outputting 5.1 Ac3. Uses Sox, Soxmix, and interlx to create a 5.1 wav from a 2.0 wav.

Added 5.1 AC3 output from 5.1 source

http://sourceforge.net/projects/avitoac3/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by freebird73717
    the first line creates simple one line avs files for avi files. Wavi extracts the wav from the avs. Process through ssrc if needed. Encode to 2 channel ac3 with aften.
    I guess that will work when you create your own AVS files.

What about when there are existing AVS files with the default name? It looks like your app would overwrite them.

Also, if there are any Trim() in an existing AVS, I think it's necessary to have EnsureVBRMP3Sync() before.
    I just put it directly after the AviSource(). Perhaps your app could insert them in a temporary copy; or advise the user to do so.

Recently I did some cutting and pasting and this worked and the sound was in sync at the end:

s1=AVISource("sja-101.avi").EnsureVBRMP3Sync()
    s2=AVISource("sja-102.avi").EnsureVBRMP3Sync()
    s1.trim(0,39057) ++\
    s2.trim(2138,39560) ++\
    s2.trim(40594,0)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No if you put just your own avs files in a directory by themselvs they will not be overwritten. It only creates avs files if your source directory has avi's in them. If your source directory only has the avs files it just skips creating avs and uses the avs files already in the directory.

As far as trims go, I haven't tried it but it should work without any problems. I will have to do some testing to find out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No if you put just your own avs files in a directory by themselvs they will not be overwritten. It only creates avs files if your source directory has avi's in them. If your source directory only has the avs files it just skips creating avs and uses the avs files already in the directory.
    I normally have my AVI and AVS files in the same directory.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Okay updated to new version

Code:
    New in version 1.0.3.6

Updated aften to version 0.08
    Added AVITOAC3_ to the avs files created by the app to prevent possible overwriting of already existing avs files.
    Alan this will prevent the possibility of overwriting your avs files. You will just end up with two sets of ac3 files when finished. One set from your avs and one set that will have AVITOAC3_ at the begining of their filename. Delete the one you don't want. Not the most efficent way of doing things I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Alan this will prevent the possibility of overwriting your avs files. You will just end up with two sets of ac3 files when finished. One set from your avs and one set that will have AVITOAC3_ at the begining of their filename. Delete the one you don't want. Not the most efficent way of doing things I know.
    Perhaps you could have the option to choose either AVIs or AVS, or both.
    People who write their own AVS will likely have done it for all their AVIs.

Also I don't know why you would need a button for SSRC. Surely you will always want to set the sampling rate at 48000. You could perhaps check the current rate and omit if it already is.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by AlanHK
    Regardless, I suggest you delete your AVS files when done. That would tidy it up.
    Good idea.

Also I don't know why you would need a button for SSRC. Surely you will always want to set the sampling rate at 48000. You could perhaps check the current rate and omit if it already is.
    I put it there mainly to resample if source was not 48khz. Although after reading up on ssrc it seems that if you impliment it on a file that is already 48khz it does nothing but normalize and add dithers... so I guess it wouldn't hurt to just make this (ssrc) a default setting and remove user control altogether.

Anyway, I'm not your target user, I would roll my own AVS files and batches.
    I know but the suggestions are much appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    New in version 1.0.3.7

Improved batch process. Added cleanup of temp avs files created by avi to ac3.

Removed the Resample audio button but left dither control. App will now run ssrc on all created wav files.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    New in version 1.0.3.9 Bug fix Removed requirement that OS has to be installed on c: drive. App should now work if your "program files" directory is on a drive other than c:
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    freebird73717 wrote:

New in version 1.0.3.9 Bug fix Removed requirement that OS has to be installed on c: drive. App should now work if your "program files" directory is on a drive other than c:
    That's the stuff!
    *THUMBS UP*

=====
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Okay I've noticed a bug in the upmix function. So far on the files I have tried it with it won't go above 1 hour for 2.0 to 5.1 upmix. It won't create a 6 channel wav file larger than 2 gb. I'm trying to figure out a fix.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I should have the filesize problem in the upmix function fixed now. I removed interlx which maxed out at 2gb and replaced it with wavavimux. You should now be able to upmix 2channel files with a running length over 1 hour and not have any problems. I successfully upmixed two avi's with a runtime of 1 hour 30 minutes each.

Download the latest release 1.0.4.1
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/avitoac3/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    As of v1.0.4.6 Single file processing is supported.

Also uploaded a more comprehensive user guide.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/topic341323.html#1780827
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks freebird73717 for the update
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Released v1.0.4.7 today.

Added support for mpeg audio conversion. Useful for converting mpegs with mpa/mp2 audio to AC3.

Sorry for the continual updates. After I think I'm done something else pops into my head and I think "Hey! That would be a great feature!"
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is something wrong with v1.0.4.7. When I launch it say hello welcome to my program, then goodbye you can uninstall this by going to add/remove programs in the control panel. then closes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Okay for anyone that had problems with v 1.0.4.7 you can re-download it now. I was having issues with my setup compiler. More precisely operator error. I screwed up.

Thanks for the heads up DKruskie. It's fixed now. Sorry for the inconvienence.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No prob..It's working great now...Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [quote="freebird73717"].................... if you impliment it on a file that is already 48khz it does nothing but normalize and add dithers... quote]

Okay, I'll bite ...What are "dithers" ??

Google says ........ Dithers is Dagwood Bumstead's boss in the comic strip Blondie.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dither

And the following more detailed explantion is a quote is from this thread

- dither type 1, no noise shaping (flat dither): 0.5 bits on default are used, low-level quantization distortion still remains, noise modulation too. A value of 0.9 bits is needed to avoid appreciable distortion and achieve slightly appreciable noise modulation. A value of 1 is needed to avoid it totally.

- dither type 2 (triangular noise shaped dither): 0.5 bits on default, quantization distortion and noise modulation remain. 0.9 bits are needed to avoid audible noise modulation. IIRC, 0.7 bits are needed to avoid appreciable distortion, but noise modulation remains in this case.

- dither types 3 and 4( ATH noise shaped dither): 0.5 bits on default, this time no quantization distortion is appreciable, but noise modulation happens. A value of 0.7 bits is needed to make it unappreciable.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, got it figured out now.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum. I was looking for an AC3 maker and this tool looked like it. I am not into code so I just gave it a try. It failed and the reason in the log was that wavi.exe could not find a PCM audio (actual log entry: "Error: Could not find PCM audio track in "C:\Users\xxxx\AC3Maker\GAExport03.avi".
    (However, the file contains an audio track of another format.)").

I'm running Vista 64 bit and the product I'm using to create the avi is using uncompressed audio; when I select a PCM output I lose the 5.1 functionality I was after.

So my questions are:

1 - is this an appropriate use of this forum?

2 - if so, have I supplied enough info for you to suggest what is going on?

3 - if not what do I need to do, and

4 - if none of the above where could I look for a tool that will convert either audio in avis or multi-channel interleaved wav files into AC3?

Cheers,
    Fretless
    Oz
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Do you have avisynth installed? If not please download and install it then rerun avitoac3.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have avisynth. Both that and AVI to AC3 are installed in the C:\Program Files directory, but I also have a Program Files (x86) directory which seems to be where most apps are installed.
    Fretless
    Oz
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Hmm. Not sure what the problem is then. It may be an incompatibility with vista or the fact that your OS is 64 bit. I have neither vista or a 64bit processor/OS so I can't problem test that.

Can you post a gspot screenshot of your avi? That would give me more info to work with.
    Quote Quote