VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My nephew is staying with us for the next week, and his father signed him up for the iPlayer(so he could watch his favorite show while he was staying with us, while his father is in the country for a job interview, they're from Stroud)...

and I've managed to get the software downloaded, and to log-in, I still can't get the show downloaded....

I have no IDEA what to do, and the kid is like 10... so any help to keep him quiet is GLADLY appreciated..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I could be wrong (and have been, many times) but I believe the BBC iplayer will only work if you're in the UK or Europe.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Soopafresh, I don't think you're wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intergrated_Media_Player)

The service, which has been under development since 2003, has been criticised for its incompatibility with many PCs, set-top boxes, browsers, Mac OS X, Linux and mobile phones. At the launch of a second limited beta on 27th July 2007, it incorporates a media player, an electronic programme guide (EPG) and specially designed download client, and will allow the download of TV content by computers assigned to a United Kingdom-based IP address, for use up to 30 days after broadcast.
    (My emphasis)
    So it apparently won't work.
    Quote Quote