VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, some of you know the questions I posted about converting my .TS file into a format I can burn to DVD.
    I used HDTV2DVD and this worked fine and I burned my DVD using ImgBrn.

The problem is that the audio has a delay and is out of sync...!!

What can I do, do I need to fix this PRIOR to using HDTV2DVD and what free and good tool can I use for this?

Thanks..!!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    mpeg2 hdtv stream? then read https://forum.videohelp.com/topic272196.html
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick,

The .TS file is not highdef (HDTV) but standard def at 4801.
    Just wanted to make sure I mention this before trying another tool.

I had PVAStrumento and still can use it, however not sure of what option I need to pick to "fix" the audio.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I found where the problem is but don't know how to fix it.
    I downloaded VideoRedo, here are the results:

1. the original .TS file has NO audio sync issues
    2. the sync issue is ONLY happening with the first .VOB file created by HDTV2DVD (VTS_01_1.VOB), the other 4 files have no issues.

I tried to fix the first file with videoredo and saved new file as .VOB, however the audio is still out of sync.

What can I do ?

I am also trying to yse videoredo to start from scratch, imported original .TS file but can't seem to find how to create the VIDEO_TS folder.......
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    please help..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hard to say, really. Many factors can create this type of problem. On your ORIGINAL TS file, Run quickstreamfix in Videoredo, then feed the fixed file into HDTV2DVD.

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Even though the original TS file plays fine with no issues in videoredo ?
    I've tried so many things and tried that option but the resulting output stream file .TS only contains about 10 minutes of the movie, not the entire movie...!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone else please? I tried the QuickStream Fix in VRD but now the output file is only 1kb in size (nothing), I tried .TS or MPEG for the output and get same results.

Last night the output was about 10 min. of the movie ...!!!

What the heck am I doing wrong...!!
    Can someone tell me how can I get a complete .TS output file if I use the QuickStream Fix in videoredo so I can re-run this through HDTV2DVD again ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Its probably an arse about face way of doing it and I've never used HDTV2DVD but have you tried loading the file after you've run it through HDTV2DVD opening it in VideoRedo,cutting the section of the file that is out of sync save it as file1 then set the start point at the endpoint of file1 to save the remainder of your original file(save as file 2).Now take the file that is out of sync and open in videoredo and under the tools heading select adjust audio,move the slider till the sound is in sync then save the file as 1a.Check the file to see if its in sync if it is join file 1a and file 2 and hopefully you will have an mpg file that is in sync.
    you can cut a file into several sections until its all in sync ,I sometimes use this with converted xvid files with vbr audio problems to sync them(if i can be bothered ).
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fatbloke88
    Now take the file that is out of sync and open in videoredo and under the tools heading select adjust audio,move the slider till the sound is in sync then save the file as 1a.Check the file to see if its in sync ).
    Yep, I tried this already, it seemed to improve a little by moving the slide bar all the way to the right, see picture, but again still out sync.

Note that HDTV2DVD gave me 4 .VOB files and the only one out of sync is the first, which is the one I'm trying to fix in videoredo....
    The slider bar goes up to 1000 Msec, no more. The funny thing is that it looks like ONLY the first 7 minutes of the first .VOB file are out of sync.

Any other ideas?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are corrupted frames in your source TS file. If Videoredo didn't fix it, run your source file through Mpeg2repair - it's a slow program, but it is also quite good at fixing things.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi...

projectx (requiers java runtime) can cleanup the .ts stream.

It will clean up the video and correct the audio so they are in sync.

This program can demux the stream also so you can burn them to a DVD..

You can also cut out unwanted parts.... but I recomend you to use mpeg2schnitt for this operation

stars...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if its still out of sync you can run the file that you saved again through videoredo and adjust the slider again
    if it syncs all well and good if not repeat some more till it does(desparate measures lol)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had tried mpeg2repair and tried again but get this error when scanning the source .TS file

Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    geek2330 - Your original TS file probably dropped some video frames. Sometimes when I record HD video my cable company drops frames. It rarely happens, but it can. I've recorded a few TS files that had so many problems with dropped frames that they can't be fixed. Looks like you have one of those. Your best options are to either re-record it or try to get it from something like BitTorrent where maybe somebody else got a clean copy that you can download. If VideoReDo can't fix it, you're toast. I've had VideoReDo fix a lot of stuff and anything it can't fix I've never been able to salvage.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I guess I will re-record and try again.

The thing is that I do NOT understand why I can play the original .TS file in videoredo and it has NO issues whatsoever....!!!! What I was trying to fix with videoredo was the first .VOB file produced by hdtvsdvd, not the source .TS file.

If you explain that to me then fine, I will not bother with this again.

Thanks...!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey.....

Have you tryed projectx ??????????

I do a lot of recordings with my dreambox and sometimes there are lots of dropped frames

depending on weather situation (weak signal) and
    what type of decrytion system Iam decoding..

Sometimes I get over 500 error/warnings (the logg stops at 500) and I can still salvage the video stream.

If you cant get hold of a compiled projectx take a look at my site in the DVD section.

stars...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    stars,

ok, I downloaded ProjextX and ran the compilation I think (changed the build.bat to point to the correct Java install path (in this case C:\j2sdk1.4.2_16\bin).

Sorry, but how do you run the program ?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got it running.....will report back....thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi...

If you downloaded the file from my site there are a compiled version and the source.

So there is no need to compile the source, if you want to compile it you must download
    Java SDK from Sun microsystem..

Extract (selfe extracting) the 7zip archive and you will find a dir called Project X.
    Inside this dir there is a file called projectx.jar

Dubbel click on this file and it will start..

If you want to move the program to another location on your harddrive
    move the whole Project X dir...

If nothing is working you must download Javaruntimes from Sun microsystems

http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

stars....

Edited.... I have a very short and brief gudie about how to demux with projectx its a part of an other gudie

If you need som hints take a look here...

http://www.the-lighthouse.se/eng/video-musik/dvd/convert2wmv/convert2wmv.html
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by stars

It will clean up the video and correct the audio so they are in sync.

stars...
    I got the tool working, trying to see where's the option for this. Just want to check the TS file for problems, correct them and save file as TS.
    Quote Quote