VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am in need of a simple video input card that works in real time (as close to zero latency as possible) that accepts s-video and audio inputs. The catch is that I need to display the captured video on the computer screen in a resizeable window that has no borders (i.e. video only, no toolbars, etc.) similar to a picture-in-picture on a typical TV. The resizeable window should be able to go as small as maybe 200x150 or so up to a full screen at 1024x768.

The purpose of this is to have live video inserted as picture-in-picture on top of a Powerpoint slideshow. I will, at times, need to display full screen live video as well.

I only need a single video input source (with audio) and I have no need for a TV tuner. I want the computer/software package to de-interlace the video on it's own. The computer that I plan to use will be a very powerful (Intel quad-core) computer that has both PCI and PCI-Express slots available. I'm hoping to keep the price below $100 but that's not essential.

Can any of you recommend a product for this purpose?

Thanks!

Gary
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, by the way, I'll be using Vista 32-bit... probably Ultimate but I haven't decided yet.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Some video players can show the video with no borders and also play from capture devices like THe KMPlayer. So I would just try search for something cheap that has a Vista logo .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK. I had a bad experience with the Hauppage PVR-250 because of latency. It has PVR functionality but that creates a several second delay. I had to use fullscreentv for video with alparysoft deinterlacer. For audio, I had to create a custom graph with graphedit. It worked but it wasn't the most stable. I was going to trade out the PVR-250 with a friend but, somehow, once I did all of that, the PVR-250 would never work with the original Hauppauge software anymore... even after a clean install of Windows. I finally got the crazy setup I described above to work fairly well so I've been running with it as is for a couple of years now.

This is all for a conferencing setup and I have a pretty good budget now to build a new system and I don't want to go through all of that again. Are you sure the KMPlayer will work with no latency? Also, are you using the software with a particular capture card? If so, which one?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote