VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm a newbie and am looking for help. I burned a Blu-ray (Sony BD-RE Ver 2.1/2x) off my Dell XPS using Encore CS3. It is not a complex, no menu or chapters just a 4.5 minute demo. It plays great on my computer...but my Sony Blu-ray player does not recognize it. I want to use this demo for an upcoming event using my Blu-ray player and my HD TV. Can anybody advise what I need to do to correct this problem. I'm all ears
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe it doesn't like burned blu-ray media. I would check and ask in http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=149
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know all of the new standards...however, the specs for your player list that it supports BD-R/RE with a special note that states "(BD-MV only. Requires firmware higher than ver.1.55)".

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10151&catalo...uctId=11040237
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for the input....I have registered for the avs forum and will seek help there too. I am in a quandry how to trouble shoot this especially since Sony does support the media I'm using
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Does your player have the correct firmware as noted above? This is a known issue and corrected with updated firmware.

I've also seen references that the disc must be finalized.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for your input. I remembered that Sony mailed a software update which I forgot to install. After installing my disc plays great
    Quote Quote