VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I download what was supposed to be an ISO but instead i recieved a folder with .I00-.I09 files how do i burn these to a dvd or make an iso with them?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is it possible to make an iso out of the files?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    can't you open it in dvd shrink and then output to an iso?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dvdshrink says that the file type is invalad.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    did you open the .mds? if you have no mds file I don't know what you can do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I tried opeaning the mds file and that is when it said that the file format is invalid.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can you open it in dvd decrypter without problems?

You can also try mount it as a virtual dvd with daemon tools, make an iso with imgburn.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know that with imgburn i can burn it to a dvd but it is about 6gb and i wanted an iso or a video folder so that i can shrink it to a dvd5 does anyone know how to get an iso or video folder out of it?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also try mount it as a virtual dvd with daemon tools, then extract the video_ts folder.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Maybe it's a splitted file. Look for a program that can merge all these files to a big one or maybe you can try to open the first file with Winrar.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ill try to mount it with daemon tools and dvddecrypter can't even open the file and it has a mds file but when i tried to mount it with alcohol it couldnt and when i tried to open it with winrar i got the video folder but it was too small it was about 600mb.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like ISO file was split into 10 pieces
    by program similar to HJ split
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, it could be that also. But doesn't dvd decrypter / imgburn also split to mds / i00 files? maybe not 10 files for 6gb though.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what is hjsplit
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use ImgBurn. Mode: write. Source file : *.mds, It will burn all that pieces to blank DVD
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    t_jay17 wants to shrink it before burning.

t_jay17: http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hjsplit doesn't recognize the file.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, here's the way to do it:

Open MDS file with Ultra Iso,
    then Save As: ISO
    or just save the content of VIDEO_TS folder
    then shrink ...
    Worked for me
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks it worked only now i cant delete the iso
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    maybe give us a little more informatoin. what is the error msg? If it's in use see http://www.softwarepatch.com/tips/howto-delete-xp.html
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It says, This action can't be completed because the file is open in another program. Close the file and try again.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unlocker 1.8.5
    Publisher's Description:
    Unlocker is a Windows Explorer extension allowing you with a simple right-click on a file or folder to get rid of error message such as error deleting file or folder, cannot delete folder: it's being used by another person or program. Simply right click the folder or file and select Unlocker. If the folder or file is locked, a window listing of lockers will appear. Select the lockers and click Unlock and you are done.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Unlocker/1115825635/1
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    I have somehow similar problems. During the last many months i have stored a lot of my DVDs on my harddisk, and recently i wanted to burn a copy. I have used the programme DVDFab to store it, but i just found out that this programme can't burn copies. I saw that the DVD i was trying to burn contained some I00 or I01 files and a MDS file. I was then advised to google the "I" files, and then i stumbled upon this thread. Here i saw that i could try to burn through imgburn, which actually helped. I will say a BIG THANK YOU FOR THIS!!

However i have another problem: I am trying to burn a copy of one of my Elton John DVDs, which contain an AUDIO_TS folder (which is empty) and a VIDEO_TS folder, which contains a LOT of files! Just to name a some: VIDEO_TS.BUP, VIDEO_TS.IFO, VTS_01_0.BUP, VTS_01_0.IFO, VTS_01_0.VOB, VTS_01_1.VOB. After this the numbers change until 06_1, always changing between VOB, IFO and BUP. There are a complete of 28 files.

Can anyone tell me how i can burn a copy of this? PLEASE explain it very detailed, because although i am very far from brandnew in dealing with computers, i have always had HUGE difficulties in learning new stuff.

Jan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    put imgburn in build mode. drag the audio_ts and video_ts folders into it's source window. burn.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    No, it doesn't work. I already tried this before i wrote here, but the result was an empty disc!

Jan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you must be trying to copy a retail protected dvd then. you will need to use anydvd or dvdfab to de-crypt the dvd before making copy. once you get one of those working copy the original's video_ts and audio_ts folders to your hard drive. then use imburn on those.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks a lot!! I really believe that that is the answer to my problem.

Now one final question (at least i hope so): Is there any way that i can see on the files, or on my DVD if it is copy protected, so that i can't burn what i have saved on harddisk through DVDFab? At best i prefer to be able to see it on the files, because some of my DVDs lie in another part of Denmark, and i won't get there for some time.

Thanks again for your great help!

Jan
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search PM
    My problem grows more and more weird...

I just tried to take a copy of a U2 concert, which i once recorded in the television on a VHS tape. This is of course NOT copy-protected!

Like all the other DVDs i have stored this through DVDFab on my harddisk.

Now i wanted to burn a copy through imgburn, using build mode, and then opening for the audio and the video file. But the result was an empty disc! Why?

Yesterday i asked exactly the same question in another thread, and the answer was, that i had used a copy-protected disc, which i believed, but this time my source VERY clearly isn't copy-protected!

So...how can i solve this?

Since i don't feel too sure where people are gonna read, i will pose the same question in my other thread, which i hope is ok. If not, i guess some moderator has to choose which one to erase.

Jan
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    I'm having the same problem, only i have three files (i00 and i01 and a .svf)
    I tried to use img burn to create an iso file out of it and it didnt work so do yall have any suggestions for me to try????
    Quote Quote