VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, guys,
    I wonder if you can help me out here, over the years Iīve collected all sorts of media files in my hardrive. Videoclips, anime, even publicity gags...
    Unfortunately, I canīt edit most of them (some are FLV files, some are quicktimes, some are God-only-know-what-format-is-this) through Virtualdub or Power director (my weapons of choice).

Is there any software out there that allows me to grab/capture whatever it is that is being played in my monitor screen and save it as an AVI or MPEG2?

Thanks..
    E.
    "They say that if you play the Windows CD backward you can hear satanic speech; well, thatīs nothing.
    When you play it forward, it installs windows."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Some here for desktop capture: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/desktop-screen-capture

Or if you want to convert them directly, SUPER is a good program for 'odd' formats. Not the best quality sometimes, but it does have a lot of options, and it's free.

I ususally just take the easy way out and leave most of them 'as is', and have VLC standing by to play them. Some like FLV or even RM, are better to convert, though, IMO. Then you don't need multiple players.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try with VLC >File>Wizard>Transcode/save to file>next....and save...
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote