VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So, like the subject line says, I'm having some difficulty with my computer freezing up when I try to run the TV tuner. I get about 4 or 5 channels in and the computer freezes.

I actually had this same problem when using autoscan for channels with Cyberlink.

So my question is, what exactly am I doing wrong here? I've run through and checked all the settings for both programs, but I'm still getting nothing but lockup.

My mux checker utility also always says that I don't have a program installed to make use of it, which I have both Intervideo and Cyberlink installed, and have tried setting them both as the host program for the utility to no avail....any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What's the brand and model of your TV tuner? Did it come with software? More information would be needed or we would just be guessing.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I realized I was being vague the minute I saw your reply. Thanks for the welcome by the way.

I'm using an ATI 550Pro card, and was trying to get it functional in both Cyberlink (the software it came with) and GB-PVR to no avail thus-so-far.
    If you can't tell from my tone, I'm decently fed up with the thing...didn't come with any sort of helpful manual to speak of, and made no mention of EPGs in the literature...so I'm not even really sure I can get this thing working on just a standard cable connection....

But the problem I'm addressing right now is the fact that it locks everytime I autoscan for channels in both programs
    Quote Quote