VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I have to video clips that I want to convert to avi/lambmp3 files. The problem is the audio is in ac3. One clip is mpeg2/ac3 and one is avi/ac3 (the avi is xvid). I know how to use virtualdub. I can get the ac3 to mp3 using the cool edit pro I have. The problem as I see it is separating the video from the audio to get at the ac3 audio.

I tried to just use the avi/ac3 video clip and burn to dvd using Nero7, but after 10 hrs the Nero was still processing the video clip to prepare it for transcoding which I have never had happen before. I don't know if it was really doing what the message said it was doing. The size of the clip is 23 gb. I know that is large which is also strange. The video clilp was originally 699 mb with unusual view size (704 x 384) which I change to 352 x 288 using virtualdub. That is when I got such a big clip.

Any thoughts, comments or suggestions on any of this?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The problem as I see it is separating the video from the audio to get at the ac3 audio.
    In VirtualDub, goto menu "Audio", check "Direct stream copy", then
    goto menu "File", choose "Save WAV".

Warning: Nero is good for disk-recording, and nothing else.

Question: lambmp3 = ?????

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use AutoGk...to save as avi/mp3....................should work on both those video clips....
    " Who needs Google, my wife knows everything"
    Quote Quote