VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to edit the audio on several MPG clips before burning them to CD.

I was able to extract the audio as a WAV file, but dont know how to recombine with the video.

I thought I might bring them into VirtualDub and play around with them, but get the following error
    "MPEG Import Filter: invalid packed at position 3: marker bit not set; possibly MPEG-2 stream". The files were originally created in TMPGEnc MPEG Editor. The files do play in WinDvd & WMP.

I also tried TMPGEnc MPEG Editor as a possible way to combine the audio and video, but it will only let me specify an MPG file as the audio source (how would I convert my WAV files to MPG?)

So the question is what is the best way to edit the audio in my clips.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yup, that's true. Muxed Mpeg files are only happy with a variation of WAV called LPCM. You can convert it with the SOX command line utility. The syntax would be:

sox your_audio_file.wav -t raw -sxwr48000 Output_File.lpcm

You could also convert your audio with ffmpeggui to MP2 or AC3 , which will also work with MPEG2 muxing.

Also, virtualdubMOD and VirtualDubMPG2 will open the Mpeg2 file, NOT virtualdub
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub 1.4.13 will open mpeg2 .

----

Multiplexing back together :

And old method was to use bbmpeg in multiplexing stage only ... a small avi is need to activate functions , then you can access the encoders settings where multiplexing functions hide .

Audio would need to be converted to mp2 / ac3 for this , and exact length .

Baldrick at one stage showed how to multiplex a portion of such clips .

----

ImagoMPEG-Muxer

----

Mplex found in dvdauthgui package , and others

mplex.exe -f 8 -o "C:\myfile\youclipsname.mpg" "C:\myfile\youclipsname.mv2" "C:\myfile\youclipsname.mpa"

Mpa/ac3/mp2/lpcm

----

Tmpgenc > http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/advanced_tmpgenc_guide_page_5.cfm

Option one is simple multiplexing , make sure "type" is set correctly .

Third option > multiplex ... same with "type" .

You may have a non-registered version which might prevent this action after 30 days ... then mpeg2 work stops unless you buy a license .

----

Mpeg streamclip

Window > preferences > fix streams with data breaks .

----

And of course graphedit ... but explaining it is another thing .

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic335574.html?highlight=graphedit ... last post

----

Audio conversion = besweet .
    Quote Quote