VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you look at my picture (I made it wery sloppy youst to show the principle.)

I was wondering if it is possible to have a meny with 6 links to diffrent musicvideos
    and when highlight 1. then an infobox pops up and says songtitle and composer?
    And then if you press play the musicvideo start.

But if you instead of press play you press up you highlight 2.
    And then the infobox changes to thats songtitle and composer?

If it exist any easy program? im not into writing script and such things im not that good.

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes , its tricky to get timings right

Wax2 + presets , to create the work flow for the menu .
    The rest would form whats called "switched menu" .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to create a new menu page for each combination, then automatically switch to the right menu as the user moves from number to number. Not difficult, just time consuming.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks!
    ok
    So if i lern Wax and make the animation box with the info, then export each animation for button 1-6 as seperate avis?
    Then encode the avi to dvd complicant mpg?

How do i then make the dvdauthoring program? (dvdlab?) to start the menys videoclip to load the animation on highligthing 1-6?

I put a stillpicture of the meny as backgroundimage
    and then highlight 1. how do i make the dvdauthorprogram to start the animation?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you use DVD Lab, it is easy.
    Import your created menus into it than create 6 menus in DVD lab where you place your creation.
    Each button from main menu (as your picture show) will link to one of the 6 menus.
    Each of those sub menus than can have a play button which will link to each of the song.
    If your sub menu is motion menu it will go to your song at the end of video, in that case link end of the menu box to to your song.
    If it is still menu you have few choices:
    1) insert play button linked to song.
    2) use short audio of the song and insert it to your still menu, end of the menu to song, tan after audio finish it will go there by itself.
    3)Assign duration to still menu, same think like #2 will happen after time is up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tutorial from mediachance for DLP switched menus : http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tutorial/switchmenu.html

Note : this is for standard style switched menus. You can speed up the switching by using cells instead of separate menu objects, however it is more complicated to build the first time around. See your help files/manual for details.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote