VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 66
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the duration is misreported at you tube, but if you download the video and check with mediainfo, the duration is correct. That is why it plays normally.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a video I just uploaded where you can apreciate the quality a little better. I think I used a bitrate of 800kbps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf2MjxPXr8Y

By the way, thanks 45tripp for the fps change command.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a new question. Basically does the speed of your internet affect whether a video with 800Kbit would lag? Because I can play a 1000 Kbit video with ease and yet others are saying it freezes aka the netdownload is too much. So I assume then that they need a fast speed to play the vids with no pauses?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Habboi
    So I assume then that they need a fast speed to play the vids with no pauses?
    yes a 1000kbit bitrate video wouldnt freeze because to freeze it needs to move a litlle first here it just loadsssssssssssss
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mgh
    the duration is misreported at you tube, but if you download the video and check with mediainfo, the duration is correct. That is why it plays normally.
    I know,
    it just happens to be immaterial

I have a new question. Basically does the speed of your internet affect whether a video with 800Kbit would lag?
    of course!
    once the stream has loaded (pause and wait for it), there are no lags
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Heh that isn't what I meant sorry. From the feedback I have got even on a full load people have said it freezes at the same point each time. As if their GFX card wasn't good enough or something...Perhaps that is it?

I mean I get the same effect playing a 2 gig 640x480 vid on VLC Player so I assume these people are playing the 1000Kbit on a low end PC...

Am I right?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I mean I get the same effect playing a 2 gig 640x480 vid on VLC Player so I assume these people are playing the 1000Kbit on a low end PC...

Am I right?
    You are right. Iam from Chile, and many of my friends computers arent very good... mostly somo 4 year P4 with 256mb of RAM and no video card.

Connection speed doesnt mean anything once the video is loaded.

Greetings
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So then your 600 Kbit vids have lagged for them? Maybe not continuous but at certain points the video just stops...I assume?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Revan89
    Connection speed doesnt mean anything once the video is loaded.
    the video doesnt play after its loaded, it is streamed, played back as it is loaded.

internet connection does matter!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright someone professional here tell me straight. What defines whether a video will pause for some and not for others? The higher the Bitrate...The more it happens so is it internet speed or the power of your PC?

It's strange because I keep saying I can play a 1000 Kbit fine with no lag or pauses. But then others complain...This seems to happen outside of where I live as all my friends (UK) say it plays fine...Does that have any relevance?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Alright someone professional here tell me straight. What defines whether a video will pause for some and not for others? The higher the Bitrate...The more it happens so is it internet speed or the power of your PC?
    the internet speed no doubt, no need to get "professional help"., i lived in the uk for 7 years and the adsl penetration in the country is very high, you got all those cable companies, the country cable structure was very well planned mate.

example:
    http://www.cable.co.uk/compare/regions/broadband-providers.html?search=1&do=&postcode=...&x=0&y=0&=Find

take a look at the speeds and the companies, not every country got that

if people have a very slow pc chance is it wont be able to handle a fast net connection to begin with....
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you that was very clear and precise. I think I have everything I need to know now. Until next time.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Guiboche had problems due to using the uploader mentioned in the thread.
    I've edited the guide to reflect this.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Youtube has been updated, and with the update, the resolutions have increased too. Now the encoding should use de 480x360 resolution.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    can you provide a link?

i still see 320x240 as official:
    http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55745
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by trevmar
    However, there are now three native resolutions used by YouTube
    448 x 336 for the old format pages
    480 x 360 for the new Beta YouTube pages
    424 x 318 is the default embedded resolution in the HTML it offers
    As you can see by the new design layaout of youtube, the beta has gone official. Besides that, Some videos I uploaded 5 days ago, with the 448x336 resolution matched perfectly to the player's screen, now they have a black space when I press the "original resolution" button. Check it if you want to: http://youtube.com/watch?v=vf2MjxPXr8Y

The embedded resolution its the same, by the way.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just uploaded a video with the 480x360 resolution.... just watch as it fits perfectly to the screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwgVADWeNkw
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yo Revan89,

I just downloaded your youtube video - www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwgVADWeNkw

How the heck did you get a bitrate of 760+?
    Did you do any "hex" edits or is this the new youtube that accepts 480x360?
    Also, I noted that online youtube indicates a duration of 10 minutes when the actual duration is 4:19 at 24 fps!
    Also, just wondering if you know how to get h264 (x264) video and/or aac (mp4) audio into a flv container - I tried ffmpeg and it indicated that the flv codec did not accept aac (mp4) audio

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anybody know why YouTube is re-encoding my video?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/azpmff

That's the source file I'm using. There was no reason to hex edit anything since FPS were under 30 and the A/V bit rate was under 350 kb/s. YouTube is re-encoding it (it doesn't look too much worse than my master) and shitting on the audio (the re-sampling of my already 22 KHz sampled audio sounds god awful combined with the mono sound).

thx.flv
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Biggiesized

http://www.sendspace.com/file/azpmff

That's the source file I'm using. There was no reason to hex edit anything since FPS were under 30 and the A/V bit rate was under 350 kb/s. YouTube is re-encoding it (it doesn't look too much worse than my master) and shitting on the audio (the re-sampling of my already 22 KHz sampled audio sounds god awful combined with the mono sound).

thx.flv
    How did you uploaded the video to youtube??
    If you used a third party program, thats yours problem. You have to upload videos thru the site for this system to work.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    look to your audio. probably the wrong side of standard.
    I changed audio (upped bitrate, consequentially hexed)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgXraovJsjQ

Originally Posted by wiseant
    Also, I noted that online youtube indicates a duration of 10 minutes when the actual duration is 4:19 at 24 fps!
    read the guide

Of course he did.
    what's changed to 480x360 is the display size

Also, just wondering if you know how to get h264 (x264) video and/or aac (mp4) audio into a flv container -
    you don't
    http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flash_Player:9:Update:H.264

gl
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 45tripp
    look to your audio. probably the wrong side of standard.
    I changed audio (upped bitrate, consequentially hexed)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgXraovJsjQ
    What do you mean I have the wrong side of standard?

I've been using LAME encoded MP3 stereo audio @ 22 KHz and ~48 kb/s ABR for all of my videos. I've never had a problem with any of them. I see you fixed this, but my question is why would you need to hex edit it at all? You can check out any of my other well encoded videos (I have some that are several months old--they weren't encoded in mencoder so ignore them) and you'll see they use the same specs and uploaded without an issue.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay I tried to remaster it with CBR audio @ 48 kb/s instead of ABR (because then it might not hit 48 kb/s on average--mine was actually around 44 kb/s).

It still didn't work when I uploaded it to YouTube. It's like something has changed with them. I've never had to hex a video that met all of YouTube's hidden requirements in the past. Why do you suppose this is happening?

I also fixed the AR ratio of the video. I had it mis-set at 2:1 when it should have been 2.35:1 (an error in anamorphic encoding on my part).

thx_widescreen.flv
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Encoding the video with Mencoder. I have "mencoder.exe" in my "C:" drive. Then I put the video I want to convert in my C: drive and I applied this code in Command Line (Start->All Programs->Accesories->Command Line) with subtle changes, depending on the video. (You have to put the name of your video in the code line)
    Code:
    "C:\mencoder.exe" "C:\myvideo.avi" -o "c:\converted_video.flv" -af resample=44100:0:0 -sws 9 -vf scale=480:-3,expand=480:360 -of lavf -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=flv:vbitrate=600:trell:v4mv:mv0:mbd=2:cbp:aic:cmp=3:subcmp=3 -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=64:mode=3
    Where its says "vbitrate", the number next to it is where you can asign the bitrate of your videos.
    The only hex edits that I used were to change the video's duration. The 480x360 resolution can be achieved just by evading youtube's encoder. As simple as that. So, use the Hex Edit trick to change the duration of the video, as it is explained in this tutorial, and create an .flv file with an apparent bitrate of 350kbps or less.

Thats all.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean I have the wrong side of standard?
    I've been using LAME encoded MP3 stereo audio @ 22 KHz and ~48 kb/s ABR for all of my videos.
    You can check out any of my other well encoded videos (I have some that are several months old--they weren't encoded in mencoder so ignore them) and you'll see they use the same specs and uploaded without an issue.
    no you can't check any of your videos.
    my luck being what it is, I had to go through 3 to finally get one like you describe.
    next time link specifically.

my estimation is it's non standard.
    i'm no expert. take it for what it is.
    I have pinpointed audio as the problem though.
    should be enough.

the files you mention aren't the same.
    if only for the reason that they pass and the 'thx' fails.
    you've not provided any info, so i could barely guess, and i'm not in the mood to test in any case.
    it could be different serttings, it could be the source, it could be a specific encoder vs another,
    it could be a specific version of a single encoder vs another version....
    you'll have to test it out.

I've never had to hex a video that met all of YouTube's hidden requirements in the past. Why do you suppose this is happening?
    well obviously it's not meeting requirements.
    I have no idea at this moment why.

I see you fixed this, but my question is why would you need to hex edit it at all?
    because like I said, i increased the audio bitrate.
    specifically i used ffmpeg to pass the video untouched, and re-encode the audio to 64k leaving it
    stereo and at 22050.
    the higher total bitrate meant i had to hex.

gl
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    lol i just had to register to post this

i hex edited the 480x360 flv and changed duration from 25 minutes to 10 minutes! uploaded original, youtube rejected it. uploaded hexed flv, youtube didnt bother with it and the video went live!

i know that the original flv's bitrate has to be much lower than the 340Kbps limit, but thats not a problem for me since i typically upload music tracks with static background pic as a vid (1FPS)...

DEMO LINK:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZTvtF5njjWQ
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never doubted it,
    but it was untested.
    thanks for testing.

btw 10:32?
    i wonder if that means you can go to 10:59...
    I didn't put the 10 min limitation to the test either.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i believe by saying "10 minute limit" they meant "everything below 11", aka 10:59 and below etc...

btw, i tried downloading the youtube video and download speed is around 135KBps to 160KBps. at some times it glitched down to 100KBps but not below it, so if using 100KBps as the lowest common denominator can we conclude that its safe to upload 800Kbps video and have it NOT glitch when watching?

oh and also a question. could you fake both the flv duration AND bitrate?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what happened with my last few video attempts, but my latest works just fine.

Check it out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xYxc7QUpx00

You might find it familiar... :P
    Quote Quote