VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 66
FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1969
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm gonna find a way to attack &fmt-18 in my video URL so when viewers see it it's gonna be automatic stereo....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can't, the only way is if people manually went to their preferences and set it to automatically play high quality when available.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    and even after doing that, it still will play HQ FLV version... so no stereo audio
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by frifox
    and even after doing that, it still will play HQ FLV version... so no stereo audio
    Exactly. Mono audio and a little higher quality video...that's it! Still can't beat these old hacks.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Assault
    You can't, the only way is if people manually went to their preferences and set it to automatically play high quality when available.
    If you are a Firefox user, install Greasemonkey extension and YousableTubeFix script and you can easily choose from the available formats (or set the MPEG-4 H.264 version as default).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kovezett

If you are a Firefox user, install Greasemonkey extension and YousableTubeFix script and you can easily choose from the available formats (or set the MPEG-4 H.264 version as default).
    That script causes a lot of glitches and gives you the old youtube player.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cjwcorp
    Originally Posted by kovezett

Please, read the instructions carefully about the script. How do you mean the 'old youtube player'?[/img]

011.png
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Something went wrong with the picture...

Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The old player? I must get in NOW!! I hate the new player because you cannot pause it when it buffers. I hope it won't be fixed by the time I d/l it...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sh*t it seems like its fixed, anyone knows a way to get the old youtube player??

Or at least enable the pause button when video buffers?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Spartacomp
    FYI
    You don't have to push a button or add &fmt=18 !!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKnhOJ-R80&fmt=18

Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by doomed
    FYI
    You don't have to push a button or add &fmt=18 !!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKnhOJ-R80&fmt=18

What's your point?

Edit: Okay, got it, lol!! Watch the video!!
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For anyone who is interested to create VP6 encoded FLV's from AVI video files, here's a tool I've put together to make it very easy. Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8CKEKTZ1
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    &fmt=18 actually adds stereo now, as demonstrated at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtiErSXAVF8&fmt=18

The regular page offers no link to this high quality video though..

I'm thinking of uploading my videos at high bitrates and just letting YouTube encode a stereo version. What's stopping me, besides the first downside, is that users who embed my videos get the low quailty version.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is a way to embed the high quality version, and frifox mentioned above that the link is to the HQ FLV mono and &fmt=18 = MP4 stereo.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by adamlui

I'm thinking of uploading my videos at high bitrates and just letting YouTube encode a stereo version. What's stopping me, besides the first downside, is that users who embed my videos get the low quailty version.
    adamlui,

Users can embed the HQ version. Simply add "&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" (without the quotes) to the end of the video. For example, here's a sample video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1iZXGzxWWg
    To embed the regular version of the video (LQ FLV), users would enter the following in their html code:
    Code:
    To embed the HQ version, just add the fmt=18 to the href link:
    Code:
    Hope that helps.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hmm, I uploaded 3 test videos and I got 3 views on each though I watched them only once. I wonder if the YT nerds watch every video we add??
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For anyone who is interested to create VP6 encoded FLV's from AVI video files, here's a tool I've put together to make it very easy. Enjoy.

Hey sparta, whats the point of making a VP6 FLV file if YouTube blocks it anyways?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    So is there now any advantage in making your own FLV over simply uploading the original AVI source?
    Quote Quote  
  20. None that I can see. My guess is there's a disadvantage since you've added another video-degrading reencode into the chain. Whatever you give YouTube, they're going to reencode it anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm guessing it's just a tool for the future if anyone ever finds another way or if you'd like to embed them into your own webpage. djspaceport, if you add &fmt=18 or click a link it adds another view, so if you viewed it once, hit 'Watch in High Quality', then added &fmt=18, that's 3 views, if you did it only once then I'm not sure o.o
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gforce23
    Is anybody still trying to bypass (or should I say - beat ) YT's new system?

On a side note, Vimeo just seems a bit odd really. There are hardly any fellow trance or house music fans on there and in the 5 odd days since my videos were posted, I've garnered a total of 40-odd views, of which 10-15 were by yours truly. On the other hand, my videos on Youtube easily fetch 3K-4K views every day. There's just no comparison.
    yess, i'm still working on it
    srry bad news for YT......
    some people are just stuborn like that...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    None that I can see. My guess is there's a disadvantage since you've added another video-degrading reencode into the chain. Whatever you give YouTube, they're going to reencode it anyway.
    Thanks Manono.

Does anyone know if there is any advantage in 'tweaking' an AVI before uploading? I have three PAL music clips in .vob format with AC-3 audio. I can encode them in virtually any AVI form necessary. At present they are 704x576, 25fps with 192kb/s CBR MP3 audio. I tried encoding them myself in FLH as per the instructions elsewhere on this site. One came out 'okay', one was a bit too dark and the third lost all audio sync.

I've googled before posting this but most of the advice I've read is contradictory.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    as a rule of thumb, upload the most original file you have... if you dont need to do any video editing/filtering, upload the source video file as is without any re-encoding.

but if for some reason you need to mess with the source video, decompress the video and do your work while using lossless codecs such as Huffyuv/PCM... then, as the last step, do a high quality compressing to H264/AAC MP4 file (MeGUI) and upload it.

to answer your question, no, there isnt any "tweaking" that would improve youtube's encoding... unless by tweaking you mean applying filters such as noise-reduction, deblocking, deinterlacing, etc in which case you'd do filtering while using lossless codecs and then compress to MP4 before uploading, as i stated above.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by ntscuser
    At present they are 704x576, 25fps with 192kb/s CBR MP3 audio.
    You made AVIs in the same resolution as the source DVD? As you may know, they're in the wrong aspect ratio. People are tall and thin. YouTube isn't going to fix that for you. They'll just add black bars to the sides at playback time. YouTube is full of such videos. At least resize to a proper aspect ratio; for example, 640x480 if 4:3 "fullscreen", or 624x352 if 1.77:1, 640x272 if 2.35:1 (with the black bars cropped away). You have to resize to a square pixel aspect ratio when starting with a DVD source.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Originally Posted by ntscuser
    At present they are 704x576, 25fps with 192kb/s CBR MP3 audio.
    You made AVIs in the same resolution as the source DVD? As you may know, they're in the wrong aspect ratio. People are tall and thin. YouTube isn't going to fix that for you. They'll just add black bars to the sides at playback time. YouTube is full of such videos. At least resize to a proper aspect ratio; for example, 640x480 if 4:3 "fullscreen", or 624x352 if 1.77:1, 640x272 if 2.35:1 (with the black bars cropped away). You have to resize to a square pixel aspect ratio when starting with a DVD source.
    Okay, thanks. AutoGK appears to have already done that for me? The source files were 704x576 but AutoGK has resized the height of each clip based on the fixed width of 704 which I entered to preserve maximum resolution. By the way these clips are not from a commercial DVD, they're taken from a DVD-recorder which I used earlier to digitise them.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gforce23
    Originally Posted by adamlui

adamlui,

Users can embed the HQ version. Simply add "&ap=%2526fmt%3D18" (without the quotes) to the end of the video. For example, here's a sample video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1iZXGzxWWg
    To embed the regular version of the video (LQ FLV), users would enter the following in their html code:
    Code:
    To embed the HQ version, just add the fmt=18 to the href link:
    Code:
    Hope that helps.
    Thank you for letting me know how to do it.

However, I'm not embedding my videos; other people are embedding my house music on their myspace & etc. They're copying the code from the Embed field in the description. So the problem (besides them needing to know how to navigate to the stereo mp4) is that the the description on fmt=18 pages offer embed code with fmt=18 missing from it. I'll never be able to direct my viewers around these two obstacles as YouTube is currently so I'm stuck uploading modified flvs..
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by ntscuser
    AutoGK appears to have already done that for me? The source files were 704x576 but AutoGK has resized the height of each clip based on the fixed width of 704 which I entered to preserve maximum resolution.
    OK, good. If you set a 704 width, then they should really be 704x528 or somesuch (if originally 4:3).
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM

Hey sparta, whats the point of making a VP6 FLV file if YouTube blocks it anyways?
    If you don't need it, then don't use it. If you do, enjoy.

Originally Posted by Assault
    I'm guessing it's just a tool for the future if anyone ever finds another way or if you'd like to embed them into your own webpage.
    You got that one right. Other than that, I simply like to share.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I simply like to share.
    ive tried your shodan's vp6 "mod" but like shodan original tool im unable to select the codec, when press the dropdown menu no options appear, if i open the avi file on virtualdub i can select ther vp6 codec through there.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote