VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sadly, and expectedly, when I built my new PC earlier this year, Vista rendered much of my hardware obsolete - Including the video capture card I was using at the time.

I was using my video capture card to capture analog video from several bullet cameras I had posted around my property. The images were captured by my software program - ConquerCam - using WDM drivers and posted via FTP to a website I could monitor remotely.

My question is whether there are currently any video capture cards available (no TV tuner required) that will work in Vista to capture video from an analog (composite) input AND interface with a separate webcam software package such as Conquercam (though others are fine as well).

I had tried one of the Hauppauge cards, but found that I could only capture video using Hauppauge's software which was of no use to me. I believe this had to do do with the lack of WDM driver support in Vista.

Any help/ideas are appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This may be a stupid question, but did you check to see if there were Vista drivers available for your capture card?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Drivers were not available as the card was quite old and no longer supported.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome Frogged

You only have one choice if the pc originally had xp ... go back to it .

Second , buy a cheap unit in ebay that will do the job .

I did see one card , but don't recall if it was vista supported , linux was .
    Quote Quote