VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There's a video I want that I can only find streamed from one place. They use the Divx Web Player and I was hoping someone could point me at a tool that would allow me to keep the video?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are tools for capturing streaming video. Check in the Tools section.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't yet found one that will do divx streaming.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you put the url in WMP (and most other players) when the video has fully pre-loaded into the temp folder the "save as" option should no longer be grayed out.

If that doesn't work, for a direct download, you could try Url Snooper it will reveal the true location of the file I didn't put a link to it but its easy to find with Google search.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Iono where you watched the DivX video, but usually DivX Player has a "Right-click" menu and it has a save option...All of Stage6 DivX movies are savable with the right click.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The right-click option should work, but only after the movie has completely downloaded. Stage6 also has a download option to save you streaming the content, but most sites that paggy-back off it offer only streaming.

You can also configure your Divx player software to automatically copy downloaded content to an off-line folder for later play back.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote