VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi folks

i have a dvd with 4 episodes on it, i want to keep the menus but split it so 1 disc has the menu for the 1st 2 episodes and the 2nd has the same menu for the 2nd 2 episodes. can anyone help me please
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

there are many ways to do this, and I will highlight just one of them; it is freeware and very quickly.

Open your DVD in DVD shrink. Usually on 4 episode DVD's you can see each episode, and a tickbox on the left side of each episode. For the fist DVD you just select episode 3 & 4 to still image. This way only episode 1 & 2 will be on your final result. For your second DVD just open your source DVD once more in DVD shrink, and this time select episode 1 & 2 to still image. Now episodes 3 & 4 will be fully copied for the final 2nd DVD.

Regards,
    The Dutchman
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes the above method with DVDShrink does not work for me, so I use VOBBlanker. I open the source DVD files in VOBBlanker and select the episodes that I don't want (you can see a preview of them to know which episodes you want to keep and which you don't), then select the Blank button, and it will blank those episodes. Repete the process for the 2nd disc you want to make so you keep the later episodes on the disc.

One of the best things about this method is that it saves more space then the DVDShrink method. And if you select one of the episodes that is not on that disc from the menu it will not play a blank screen for how ever long that episode is (the DVDShrink method will do this), it will jump right back to the menu.

But the DVDShrink method is the easiest/fastest, and if some compression is required DVDShrink will take care of it.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgment."
    Zefram Cochrane
    Quote Quote  
  4. thanks guys, problem solved, used vobblanker, worked a treat
    Quote Quote